ITT we post actually decent youtube channels about videogames

ITT we post actually decent youtube channels about videogames
and before some newfag calls it E-celeb shit I want to talk about videos not the person who makes them or any drama bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fcNJ4MqtfFs
youtube.com/watch?v=z7-PXzPiDv8
youtube.com/user/Worthabuyguys/videos
youtube.com/user/Matthewmatosis/videos
youtube.com/user/bunnyhopshow/videos
youtube.com/user/chilledsanity/videos
youtube.com/user/blacklily8/videos
youtube.com/user/phreakindee/videos
youtu.be/1NPiM9ojP4M
wheresthevideojim.com/about
youtube.com/watch?v=gV7QdltoZQQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ross's game dungeon has the most fucking annoying voice I have ever heard. I have no idea how people fucking listen to this shit

I heard other anons say the same thing but it never bothers me.

After all the time we spent watching Freeman's Mind, we just got used to it.

>>>/cuckchan/

Do you know what an E-celeb is user?
Some random guy with 2k subs isn't an E-celeb, either is a commentator that talks about games and not himself

BroTeam is alright. He barely counts as an e celeb since he only has 180k subs. He puts out videos very infrequently.

Brote is pretty chill

Game dungeon let me find a lot of great obscure games.

Didn't you make this thread yesterday?

Brote is my man. My favorite video is the one where he plays real lives as himself.

Not sure if e-celeb but i like the videos this guy makes.

He did and it quickly devolved into metafaggotry and got bumplocked.

It hurts that he stopped making content.

Literally one of the only people who truly knows game design from a technical standpoint, without trying to insert bullshit like gamedesign 101 or extra credits. Bonus points for having decent editing skills.

How do you guys feel about let's plays?
Have we reached the point of oversaturation where everything is shit now?
I posted my channel in the other thread but I don't know if it would be your cup of tea since it's mostly obscure vidya

I watch them everyday.

Markiplier, Tear of Grace, Tomato Gaming, Cr1tikal, Videogamedunkey and EricVanWilderman.

Still didn't died.

I second this.

I only watch lets plays of obscure vidya.
Most let's play are shit but work if you are good or know a bit about the game.
Come on user, we both know you want to post your shit. Get to it.

Ross is someone I look up to when making my videos actually. He is good at editing and I like learning about games I never heard of before.

Thank god that didn't happen this time

There you go.

Only acceptable if the letsplay is a well enough executed production that it becomes its own experience beyond the game it's covering (Freeman's Mind, Proton Jon's Superman 64 LP) or over something really obscure.

I have to admit I never expected that.

Oh and I like Turbo Button and
matthewmatosis but everyone on Holla Forums knows about MM

clement
perils of pokey
mandalore gaming
Gigaboots - is entertaining and informative with their letsplays, also their rants are pretty good. They also did a whole bunch of videos shitting on MN9 because they were suckered and donated hundreds of dollars to it.
ZeroFrameGaming - A small channel they have good back and forth banter.
RasenBran - really knows his SMT shit(probably too much was okay with #FE when the annoucement came). but rarely posts

gggmanlives is alright, typical aussie cunt, but still makes enjoyable and fair reviews imo

No thanks.

yeah no.

I like HBH. He (they?) got me to play some cool games I otherwise wouldn't have heard of.

brutalcumpowder is fucking gr8, and is close to chuckiedregs/mechagamezilla IIRC

NsN. Nothing but high level gameplay and good commentary of good games, great Ironman runs. Doesn't upload often, but that's the price of not being an e-celeb cunt.

Is there a channel like Game Sack except the presenters don't have as much shit taste as Joe and Dave?

He's not tranny, if that's what your asking.

Did you really have to make a new thread as soon as your old one disappeared?

hyperbit isn't a tranny. He's a dude. They refers to plural, learn to English.

What? No, of course he's not. I just seem to remember some other guy narrating his videos in the past, is all.

he used to be with gather your party, kyle johnson may have done voice over work for him. everyone at gyp is on hiatus, however.

His anno videos, good lord his anno videos. Love them.

Oh yeah, Guru Larry, guy covers a lot of obscure british games and the like, also did the artwork for Bugnie's ONI.

This guy. Found him through his fallout 4 video, so posting it.
The guy does in depth reviews similar to Matthewmathosis, with about the same level of autism. Did pretty interesting vids about Dark souls 1/2 and Bloodborne and overall is a pretty interesting watch if you have a spare couple of hours for one video.

Fucking brutal, I thought he was gonne apologize for a moment.

aw yiss

They are great background noise. Ideally they should be games the player knows about so he can actually talk about it, but seeing how people approach new games is neat as well, as long as they keep the focus on the game itself.

ENB's playthroughs of the various souls games can be extremely insightful. He probably has the most well rounded knowledge about every aspect of them like combat, builds, story, lore, art direction, level design, and even music.

not really the best channel out there, but I find the idea of a muppet bootleg kinda cute

don't worry, he made an easy 2 understand 'how to irony' guide with embed related

I have watched a couple of his videos. He does bring up a lot of points and critique about his topic than a majority e-celebs go into for a person who does videos with a Muppet and has the classic cancerous video caption title.

Here's some random ass guy that I watch his videos sometimes.

Does anyone know of more channels like Game Sack where it feels sort of like an old gaming show? Ones with the same type of premise, but covering more new, but niche games and handheld titles would be nice. However talking in a normal / more boring type of voice is a must. I hate it when people try to sound cool or act cool.

His face looks weird too, but he makes good videos so I just kept watching until I got used to it.

Fuck off gook.

HyperBitHero
GamingBrit
BroTeam
TheBestGamers
TurboButton
JosephAnderson
TeeToes
MrBTongue (he's gotten worse over the years though)
MatthewMatosis
Fitzthistlewitz
MechaGameZilla
VashTSB
PerilsOfPokey
Mr. Clemps
CrowbCat
MisterCaption
Dunkey

There, all the good ones.

youtube.com/watch?v=fcNJ4MqtfFs

I don't know how I messed up.

i like critikal, hes a video games channel right?
im too lazy to post a video though

They really need to update more.

I use them as background noise when I am out of audiobooks which is why I hate the short ones like goygrumps. Then again they are trash at video games so its not like the short length is the only thing thats putting me off

Most of the time when I see a 3DS it's 6 year old kids playing it. How's Nintendo gonna keep them safe with a cell phone when they even have to remove the DS's note passing feature? The majority of adults aren't gonna switch from their iPhone or $600 android model to be able to play a Nintendo game either.

Nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=z7-PXzPiDv8
H-Hopefully I won't get bullied this time.
I need to make more vids or not.

That video, Not bad at all. About time someone makes fun of faggots like SupperBunnyHop, Errant Signal and Matth… hwyait a second!
get a load of this guy

but seriously, there is no such thing as a good game analysis on youtube

My list:
youtube.com/user/Worthabuyguys/videos
youtube.com/user/Matthewmatosis/videos
youtube.com/user/bunnyhopshow/videos
youtube.com/user/chilledsanity/videos
youtube.com/user/blacklily8/videos
youtube.com/user/phreakindee/videos

Maybe it's better that they don't, their MGSV video was a trainwreck

I like listening to LPs in the background if its interesting or watching someone play something truly godawful and riff about how bad it is.
I would say skip everything about 2BFP except for their videos on David Cage games, those videos are pure gold.

I liked LP's when they had to be written out because you could rapidly filter out retards.
One of the best Let's Plays I've seen came from the SAForums, I lurked back before I knew how awful goons were.

i honestly rather watch lp shit than whatever garbage is on tv at this point

Towards the beginning, you'd never leave enough of a pause between paragraphs, but it got a lot better towards the end.

It's fucking amazing that LPs are still better than what's on TV. LPs are generally trash.

youtu.be/1NPiM9ojP4M

fuck off

My Life in Gaming is great if you're autistic about gating the best presentation from old games.

I don't gayman as much as I used to so I only follow Worth a Buy at this point.

It's usually pretty good but he often won't get over for what the audience doesn't care about in the first place. Such as with Dark Souls, vid related.

1. Get a better mic. This sounds like its from 2007 and no one wants to watch that anymore.
2. Fix pic related.
3. Get better titles.

He's a fucking sell-out who showed his face to the world.

To go with this a decent relatively cheap mike is a BlueYeti, plug and play with decent quality.

Speaking of YouTube, is Jim dead? There's a rumor going around that he died earlier this month.

what's with those desperate youtube threads lately?
you could waste your time with much better things, like suicide for example

check his twitter
he's just done making videos, that's all

didnt he make a new account??

Not surprising. He was always a drama queen.

This, I have one and they're pretty good quality, even for more people

he started up another channel, before killing said channel off

see: wheresthevideojim.com/about

So the Mr. Metokur channel is still up? I thought he would have rage quit that channel by now.

Ancient Dos Games
-Reviews Dos games
-Gives information on the like history and how to run in DosBox
-Comes off as kinda autistic which is mostly a good thing in this situation. I say mostly because he says "umm" and "uhh" as if it's written in his script.
-No focus on humor/personality

he said he's just done making videos
all his current vids have mirrors anyway so he probably doesn't care

IT'S LIKE YOU NIGGERS ARE DELIBERATELY PLEBS!

RIP

he does his reviews with far less of the right autism and likes dark souls 2

I hate to break it to you, MrBtongue drank the koolaid

Nice, Church of Subgenius reference at 12:17.

you asked for it

RIP btongue, you either die a hero (fitz) or live long enough to see yourself become the villain

Also Witcher 3 was impressively mediocre now I don't even miss this guy anymore.

His point about the positive effects of diversity is entirely fair, he's right that many good games would not exist as they are without the different types of people that made them. Sims only became what it did because a woman on the team pushed for stuff like lots of management of family and dress up. But he's completely wrong about the perceived barrier for "marginalized groups." I crossdress and have worked around the industry to some degree and I have not once come across a single person who was remotely hostile to me for any reason. In fact, quite a few people treat me like a delicate baby because they're so immensely afraid of hurting my feelings. Discrimination is not a thing in the current year of any significance to anyone. Noone's chances of getting a job are hurt because they have a vagina, they're hurt because everyone tells the person with a vagina that they're such a brave and amazing person that they don't have to work as hard as some dude that has a penis at learning to program. The bottom line is that the industry is male dominated because a lot of the work is programming and business which is something that men are more aligned to. Men like videogames and therefore want to make videogames. Some women like videogames and want to make them too, just far less than the amount that don't care. Diversity is a lot like sex, it's nice when you have it but if you have to force it you're doing it wrong.

As someone who puts up random gameplay footage of games, is there a way to get a fanbase and people who give a shit about your content rather than having the content put up with fuckall views? I've had a channel for about a year now and I only have one subscriber which is myself.

It's unfortunate, makes me want to stop completely.

(nice digits)
Yeah, I just commented on that video. I pointed out that his solution isn't a solution at all - why are women and minorities from the same country magical more diverse than men, just based on their skin color?

He has a point, in so much of the homogeneous nature of games themselves, but his solution is so chockfull of wishy washy bullshit that it's ridiculous. No one has ever explained to me why, exactly, your skin color or sex makes you magically more diverse. He raises that point without actually explaining it or giving it reasoning, as if it's self evident.

Not letting these go unchecked

Go look at his gamergate video where he sucked Cisquitision's dick and dismissed the movement as worthless bullshit based on nothing. This was at the point before gamergate actually became worthless, mind you. I can still hear his stupid, churlish voice telling me that 23 "gamers are dead" articles being published on the same day is nothing to be worried about and how cool Cisquisition is going to be. Fuck him.

Contributing with a video series by an 8/v/ user from last year. The production values are very low (no video, just audio), but he makes relevant points about Fallout 4 and RPG mechanics in general being used to allow the player to interact with the world.

If you're doing it for other people, you shouldn't be doing it. Find a focus for your channel and work toward that.

I know. Problem is some guy playing LiS ironically and getting drunk on stream can make a hundred dollars or more while having four digit viewercounts while my stuff gets only a few dozen views.

One of the things that pissed me the fuck off was when I had a session that people joined in and played through Co-Op yet got put down because some six digit sub count youtuber did something similar a year ago and had a full server for hours.

It's all about personality fam, I'm assuming you're referring to Brote for the LiS thing. They are both very likeable and come up with good jokes at a very high frequency. You have to have something special that separates you from everyone else to get people to care. Brote's gimmick is a barrage of barely intelligible drunk humor, faggots like Markiplier are popular just because he has a good voice, Totalasscancer became popular because he was known for having very hard stances about shitty PC ports (plus having a likeable voice).

You can't just be yourself because in all likelyhood you aren't interesting. Find something you care about be it humor or analysis, then whittle down every part of that thing that you care about the least until you have an extremely focused goal for what you want your content to be. It doesn't have to be something with mass appeal, because before TB I think most people would assume that an autistic level of passion on the quality of a PC port would be a super niche thing for people to care about but it ended up working out well because it was an audience that was completely deprived.

I've got that gospel of user .pdf saved, and after what I just watched of his I don't even want to know what he has to say about that gamergate shit whether it be supportive or not. I'll still probably cite his videos on the shandification of fallout and the one he did on Morrowind, but I haven't really liked a lot of his other content to nearly the same degree.

Basically anything I'm interested in there's a channel with a whole lot more subscribers and money backing than I can do.

Of which none I have. The only gimmick I could pull off would be boring as fuck, not to mention there's other channels that already do it. Scientists playing "Science" games, or engineers playing "Engineering" games.

Then why bother? If you aren't confident that you have what it takes to stand out then it's not going to happen.

cmon now

Thanks a ton, sorry for the late reply, I will definitely look into the BlueYeti.

Probably the best fucking channel on Youtube but nobody watches him. I shill it here all the time but nobody pls responds.

Import Saturn collecting is the only halfway reasonable way to play Saturn games. Saturn emulation blows nigger willies and US games are too expensive by a long shot

Maybe if you get a bowl of doritos and watch the entirety of Freeman's Mind you'll get used to it.

Holy fucking hell, this guy's gold. Haven't laughed this hard since I first found Fitzthistlewits.

You miss only on one game using burnt CDs and there's an ODE which plays everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=gV7QdltoZQQ

too bad he left youtube a long time ago.

forgot to embed

You clearly have spent too much time blowing nigger dick to set up SSF, which emulates most Saturn games fine. The Saturn emulation is bad meme has long died out.

You clearly haven't played very many Saturn games.

You clearly have never emulated any of them, or at least recently. You nigger lover.

Shit you found me.

You clearly just have shit taste, better to wait for Mednafen SAT.

This. Although Mednafen still doesn't even have close to perfect PS1 support so I'm not betting on Saturn just yet. What we get will surely be better than what we have now.

You're just a retarded nigger lover. Learn disc mounting.

shilling this negro

Well after 2 month it boots Grandia which apparently isn't the easiest thing to do so in a year or so it might be usable.

The problem is not me not knowing how to do it but me not wanting to deal with the faggotry, if you like eating shit good for you, doesn't mean everybody has to be okay with your lack of standards.

He has pretty shit taste and inconsistent standards. He praises Resident Evil 6 and Uncharted 4, when those games combine elements he often criticizes in games.

Wasn't aware of him before, but it's pretty obvious he became an obnoxious SJW.

This one got old really fast for me, his more recent videos aren't interesting or even funny at all. I wish he made more serious videos where he actually tries to review a game, or shows off what the game in question can do (like his MGSV videos).

Honestly, many of these channels only analyze games or events at a surface level, it's just that their opinions are generally agreed on Holla Forums, MatthewMatosis being the exception. The problem is that he makes such long-winded videos (some times hours long), that it's hard to digest all the info.

If you seriously can't torrent or know how to use disc image software, shit I learned how to use when I was 14, you have no business posting here or using a computer. Are you using a speak and spell? A fucking tablet? How fucking retardedly lazy are you? Can you even bathe yourself?

Daemon is Chinese spyware last I heard, but that's just the free version I think. Alcohol is more feature rich and handles all major image types anyway.

This nigger finally managed to upload a tucking new video
I choose quality over quantity any day

WinCDEmu is the best disc mounting tool there is.

This

Apparently you can't even read, I can do it just fine I just don't like the idea of having to use a third party program that is either cracked or filled with malware to simply use an emulator.

Doesn't work with SSF, only ones I know do are Alcohol 52%/120%, Daemon Tools, Virtual Clone Drive and some other that bricks Win7 installs.

Some user said he managed to make it work with the default mounting utility of his linux distro but never went into much detail.

good shit, really enjoyed this video

I really enjoy them as background stuff while grinding in games like Ark, especially yahtzee's Let's Drown Out stuff

I also liked them so much I started a channel and do long videos like that sometimes. It's still an incredibly tiny channel though

I was about to post him because he fucking finally uploaded a new video. His trolling is fucking brilliant. Embed related is by far his best video imo.

This is the best thing I have seen today. Thanks

God the way these people act is just fucking annoying. Fuck these fake faggots. Id rather watch someone having a REAL playthrough and not some "oh my gosh, super fluke oh no watch out help everyone please no wait imma die!"

And no one seems to bring up meme master Mark Ceb, grand savior of video games journalism.

Strange.

Cancer.
I don't think I fit in with this Holla Forums

I've only found fags and oldfags on jewtube.

I like it if the letsplay is just a complete picking apart of the game. 100% run. Glitches, easter eggs and secrets. History on the game. Its development, developers and possible legacy. High level play or just entertaining to watch gameplay. Basically the previously posted Proton jon Supe 64 LP

I just don't know of a channel that consistently puts out stuff like that.

You mean one of the fedora tipping cock sucking Jew's that helped destroy any redeeming value gamergoy once had long long ago?

reported & filtered
>>>/reddit/

Guy gets into some stuff a lot of people miss out on about Mirror's Edge.

Are you gonna go into specifics, or just throw a hissy fit?