Dawn of war 3 despair

They released a new gameplay video 3 days ago. This time with UI.

Notice those 3 drop pods above the UI? Those are cooldown based troop deployment methods. Even deploying basic units has aoe damage attached to it.
Units do not react to taking damage, cover takes time to take over as a slow bar loads when your units enter the shield domes, that do not operate until you cap them.
Most units have aoe skills attached to them.

MIRIN ASSFAGGOT RTS 40GOYS?

Other urls found in this thread:

eugensystems.com
dawnofwar.com/article/community-team-intro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's like the devs came out of LoL. They call them brawlers only there.

This basically looks ready to ship and it looks god damn awful. I want to kill myself.

Doesn't that make sense though? I can't imagine that fuckhuge thing being able to do a lot about Terminators whacking its legs with power weapons.

I mean sure it can stomp on them but that's pretty weak relative to a giant cannon and they're not exactly agile. I mean does it have a dick flamethrower because I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Because in the current case those are banshees he is talking about.

They don't even have hammy VA…

Something about the art style puts me off but I can't really tell what it is.

Wait the Knight is a she?

Tell me he's referring to the machine and not the pilot. I'm sure that's a massive lore-rape right there.

It looks like dota2

come on you guys

No! You will wake up the autist from last thread

Who the fuck are the people making this? Who thought this would turn out great?

Oh she's brown and has tumblr hair too.

Now granted I haven't been keeping up with the newer fluff in 40k but aren't Knights piloted by actual knights from feudal worlds? I rather suspect there aren't many women involved.

Please don't start that discussion again, you'll summon the hyper-autist defending this idea through idiotic interpretation of a few lore lines.

Fuck everything. All I wanted was a semi-decent sequel to DoW 1.

The pilot was female, go to 1:48 in the video and the conversation between Gabriel and the female pilot occurs.

That might be it, the art style seems to be too clean and colorful.

Ok but those things are able to fly around like naruto extras who are still equipped with power weapons. I would imagine they're able to avoid being stomped on even better.

I'm open to input but I don't see why an Imperial Knight would excel at anything other than ranged combat.

Well a quick search tells me there's only one known female pilot and she's rather the exception. Also from more recent fluff and GW has been going to shit with things like removing Slaanesh from Fantasy Age of Skubmar.

looks neat

Fucking disgusting. Can't wait for this shit to flop.

The 40k universe is actually really tolerant when it comes to gender-neutrality.
There are no written laws concerning who can be the head of a noble house, and women hold as much power as men.
The IG is supposed to be 50/50 men and women (Why alienate half the population when your major strength is numbers), but GW seem to favor the idea that it's all men. The only place where men and women are segregated in terms of military is the sisters of battle and the space marines for obvious reasons.

Really I'm surprised they haven't introduced more female characters outside of eldars.

But it's even worse. You have to cap the cover to power it up. So it isn't instant, yet everyone and their grandma has assaults that can just jump in or teleport in.
Weren't shields supposed to disrupt teleportation ?

The pilot is a female. They will pull some shit out of their ass and pretend it's normal.
I expect of them to take a major shit on the lore with this game.

She even has stupid smalltalk with Gabriel Fucking Angelos.
That guy who mortal men and space marines stand in awe around. Marines aren't supposed to be very talkative if I remember right.

My explanation is not lore based but hero goes:

By default light close combat units are weak vs vehicles.
And the imperial knights happen to be fuckhuge vehicles that can just stomp infantry.
Additionally imperial knights are described as surprisingly fast. So don't tell me a banshee will dodge out of the way of a running fortress, yet still find a way to chip at it with her blade.

That is a complete lie. Research your facts. I do not know where from some of you pick it up, but it is not common.
Maybe you read the Cain books ? Even he admits that the mixed divisons were a pain in the ass. And books on him are glorified propaganda full of femme fatales and sisters of battle and etc.

Do not spread bullshit around.

Too late, you guys have awoken the autist. I told you dawgs, I told you

Everything is going to be fine Holla Forums.

Having had any sort of optimism for Relic after CoH2 in the first place is pretty good.

Of course it will!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
FUCKING MONKEYS PAW

There's already a 40k MOBA though.

It got cancelled
this is the sequel

I believe in Relic.
GW is an entirely different story, tho

Oh you will eat it up boys, you always do.

who is this mayonnaise stealer?

Reverse image search-chan.

Everyone defending this plays ASSFAGGOTS and doesnt know shit about 40K lore.

Relic is dead user

No it isn't
Because the Imperium doesn't bother with that sort of niggling little detail
And how many of the high lords of terra are women again?
No it isn't
That's tyrannids and they don't put the norn queens on the front line either
and they are wrong about their own fluff because?

It's ok user. The things you like will get shit sequels soon too.
It's just our turn to suffer now.

Absolute nonsense. There are relatively few female-only regiments and even then they're mostly reservists, and mixed regiments vare rare as fuck due to impracticality - when half your regiment gets pregnant, you can't say you're fully battle ready

I mean unless you suck Abnett's cock about his stronk independent womyn, and about how all the men in the regiment are so very respectful and won't fuck a woman if she doesn't want to, etc. (Gaunt's Ghosts series are utter shit because he can't fucking write characters and fills his books with Mary Sues).

More like it doesn't give a fuck. "Can you hold a gun? Yeah? Then out you go, whore, and die for a good cause." but to say that 50% of imperial guard are women is a fucking travesty. Why? Because Imperial Guard conscription is highly decentralised, and each and every planet decides who to send on its own, the only requirement being they send the best of the best (they even have to provide their own equipment). Now, take a guess who's biologically predetermined to be the best of the best when it comes to physical aptitude? That's right - men. Few women would make it into the final cut, and why make a mixed regiment because of a few dykes that made it? Why go with all the issues stemming from it? Also, don't forget that the Imperium has differently developed planets. Some are literally on a pre-world-war level. Think such places will look favourably on sending women to die? In total, relatively few planets go through with conscripting women on a regular basis, and as such, women form a minority in the Imperial Guard.

But what about the Left tenant from that tps 40K game?

It happens all the time, I'm not autistic enough to care.
Original games that I like aren't going anywhere.

Nah nigga, it ain't 50/50 but there's a decent enough number that it's no oddity to see female guardsmen or at least no odder than the usual odd in IG

I believe that's the name of the vehicle. In the Imperial Knight supplement only men are capable of piloting Imperial Knights.

In lore there is class limitation but not really gender limitation, save that all space marines are men and all sororitas are women + some of the assassins cults, then it kind of vary from world to world, but you definitively you can have women commanders, admiral, tech-priestesses, guardswomen… (but it's an exception more than a rule).

But high nobility doesn't mix with nobility who doesn't mix with low nobility, who doesn't mix with middle class, who doesn't mix with low class.

A chapter master is essentially one of the highest ranking peerage there is (on the level of a sector noble if not segmentum), while a knight isn't (planet or sub-sector at best, assuming it's even the head of the house…).

So yeah the chitchat more than the gender of the knight is something out of place.

Looks bad but I'll give it a pirate. Hopefully Deathwing will be better.

Battlefleet Gothic was great, so even if all else turns to shit, at least I played a good WH40k game this year

Welp, I was wrong. They made the Knight pilot female. Awful.

This will have a console release, mark my fucking words. All the signs are there.

It's called not being dead inside yet.

It's shit.

Well done relic.

Eh, I mean, from what I remember from the lore, knights are from Knight Worlds, where they form a techoaristocracy, so TECHNICALLY, they could be women.

**i smell stronk womyn no spess muhreen needed out of this one though8*

Something about the colours bothers me. The models look like they were painted by a novice painter. You know when a tabletop model doesn't have any shading or highlights.

w40k is a fascist nightmare future where women are only alive to make more soldiers.

They don't serve in the ig and they don't do anything other than shit out babies.

Literally what you'd hear during an ASSFAGGOTS gameplay video.

I do remember reading the supplement. It mentioned women in Knight families being married off and never piloting the machines.

Which lore are you looking at exactly ? The RPG book nonsense that allows everyone to be a special snowflake ?

None of those are imperial knight pilots.
Is 40k just a coat of paint for you ?

I'm not too worried yet, this is just campaign footage there might still be hope.

And here we see someone going through the bargaining stage

Oh well, must've missed it then. I don't really mind a female Knight though, if she's properly murderous and zealous like the males.

which she obviously won't be, since #current_year_var

You are only half right. Women are still officially locked out of a lot of things, but generally not due to being women. Unofficially however, it's a might makes right setting, so women rarely end up at the top of command chains.

One thing you and just about every other faggot who doesn't really know the setting and only knows the universe from the games gets wrong is referring to the Imperium as a homogenous entity. The Imperium does not dictate much on planets, especially not minor ones. There are plenty of feudal worlds that have never seen a lasgun, farmworlds where people live and die of old age and have never seen a war or a xeno. As long as they pay the tithe and don't do anything heretical, the Imperium doesn't really give a shit. Hence this shit varies from world to world, there are surely a few planets where, by law, women occupy most positions of power.

Either way that doesn't matter, since DoW and most media set in WH40k will deal with SPEHSMEHREENS and all the big war stuff, in which things are more standardized.

No on both. Most humans haven't even seen a xeno, spacemarine, or daemon. This grimdark shit only applies to what we get to see, a sizeable chunk of the human population has never even seen a war. Hive cities are shitholes but not much worse than what you get in a real world third world country (except for the underhive, but not everyone lives there).

This
Just look at how many faggots here ended up buying total wawa

Total WaWa looked and is actually good though.

I refuse to accept it.

are these supposed to be bad things? its not like dawn of war 1 was the greatest rts ever. all things considered it was another shallow build order simulator with rock paper scissors elements.
how the hell are intuitive gimmicks that raise the skill ceiling a bad thing?

You can stay in denial all you want.
Its second only to Shogun

Heres your reply

something tells me you didnt get in to dawn of war as a fan of rts

Actually not possible.

Yes they are bad. Review this entire series as to why.

Hive worlds are more the shitty urban parts of second-world China, with the underhive as the Kowloon Walled City if it were the hollow spaces in the foundation of a megaconstruction. Otherwise, this is pretty much accurate, although how far the slant of peaceable worlds to the warfront goes really depends on who you ask. The Galaxy is a big place, but there's only so many places in that space to go to conquer, sack, pillage, raid and ruin, and there's always pirates to consider. Certainly, when it comes to land invasions, they're scarcer. Also worthy of considering is that, unmolested or no, most worlds are going to be in their equivalent of a war economy to meet said tithes unless they are particularly prosperous, one should think.

Not for very long if they send all the women out to die.

Dawn of War was my introduction to 40K.
Fuckoff with our bait

Stay in denial all you want.
Its good.
Im not buying it regardless

why should i when ive played them all?

its bait because i dont want a part of this whiny circlejerk?

it's the only footage that has the least amount of faggots commentating

Oh God. Oh dear Lord, we don't deserve any salvation. Send this world to the deepest depths of hell so we can just rot without end until there's nothing sacred left to be defiled.

I was(wrongly) excited about this game. I thought that well, now that it is VERY NOTICEABLE that people disliked DoW II and made very specific remarks about what went terribly wrong and pointed out what they loved about the first game and what they would like to see in the third one every chance they had, be it in forums, critics, or videos, things would get fucking better. YOU KNOW, THAT THING WHERE YOU LEARN ABOUT PAST MISTAKES, LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE INTEREST IN BUYING YOUR PRODUCT AND CREATE GOOD CONTENT??? WELL, THINK AGAIN FAGGOT, IT'S 2016 :^^^^^^^^^^)))))))))) YOU DON'T GET GOOD CONTENT, YOU GET A FUCKING IDIOT AND A SLUT PLAYING WHAT IT WILL BE YET ANOTHER GODDAMN FAILUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Tell me when I can annihilate spearmen with a head-on heavy cavalry charge because they're not in formation and haven't braced.

Go spread you autistic rage somewhere else faggot

She's fucking trash. Look at the officers from more lore adherent stuff and you see some hard faced scarred up cyborg motherfuckers and this is just as true for the female inquisitors or sisters of battle.

How are the logistics of the imperium in regard to being capable of funneling enough resources off worlds distant from a warzone to justify a war economy? I can't imagine a hive world on the ass end of the Imperium's borders being able to contribute much of its industrial capacity to the war effort

oh great this is still being developed? it fell off the face of the earth for a couple years. looking good

Fuckoff with your bait, you havent played shit, that can tell

Considering that the devs themselves are mostly unknown (their most 'famous' game is E.Y.E), it's not much of a surprise why it fell of the earth

then get your head out of your ass

They have a publisher and they havent updated us with gameplay another trailer for some months now.

why are you so desperate to believe that?

well it looks like they put heart in to that trailer, i hope the game holds up

my heads not in my ass, i just dont care that you are upset about the direction the game is in.

Well there are but it's mostly shit
Just look up the gameplay of Space Hulk: Deathwing and you will see what I mean, I chose embed related since it's the least annoying

You can, check gameplay footage and analysis.

Great argument
Filtered :)

Streum on is a small studio, and Focus is an indy editor with a very small structure.
They don't have the cash to pay all those upstanding journalists to demo games, nor spend time to make trailers and shit while there is actual work to be done.

I think the devs will deliver though, E.Y.E has a lot of reference to WH40k (from the lore to the design) and I have as much faith into streum on as much as taleworlds at the moment in this bleak times

Care to point me at some?

Gameplay doesnt take too much time or effort especially raw one, but I guess Streum On is working hard on something thats probably unfinished and Focus is focusing on the Technomancer.

I just hope they announce something by Eugen Systems at GamesCom.
They make really fucking good RTS/RTT games and they have two projects in development.

That's pretty much enough heresy to make me wish Exterminatus on the whole world.

Please yes. The deck system they have could be the perfect translation of the tabletop game.

exactly, thats the kind of people you want making a game like this. those who clearly have a hardon for it in the first place

Holy shit just thinking about it makes me hard

And to add to that, why does the faggot who narrates keeps saying "My", "Mine", "I'm" on the units when he isn't even fucking playing.

Open wide

I really hope these developers' careers wither away. Clearly they have no business creating anything
> no, you're tasked with Dawn of War 3

Maybe, Battleflee Ghotic was a success in Focus Homes eyes.
Would make sense since they hold the license.

I hope the other project is something Wargame related.
eugensystems.com

Jesus Christ, three minutes in and I don't think I can bother watching further. I hate the demonstrators' whiny voice, I hate the fact that it's a straight rerun of the demo we've already seen, I hate that it reveals that there's some kind of pseudo-MOBA wave shit in what looked like him clicking Gabriel forward and the army autofollowing seemingly without any further micro- feel free to look over it further, I'm not going to right this moment, but that's what it immediately appeared to be- and worst of all, Gabriel is voiced by some uninteresting dullard rather than Paul Dobson. It's not even Brian Dobson if I'm hearing right, who filled in for him in vanilla DoW II for who knows what reason. I don't know who that is, maybe it's Michael Dobson, I wouldn't know.

Not great. Having your FTL system be dependent on going through the Warp, the space equivalent to the Bermuda Triangle- except in a galaxy wide parallel dimension which is in fact the collective consciousness hellscape of the tortured psyches of said entire galaxy- and also occasionally end up with said dimension bending time and space in uncontrolled fashions so that you come out early or late, with the most extreme examples being millenia at a time, and sometimes simply swallowing you up, makes a troubling prospect for shipping. The Warp is, of course, mappable and navigable as a kind of three or four-dimensional ocean, but that's still not great to work with even with third-eyed mutant superpsyker Navigators navigating. Still, you need as much materiel going out as you can.

This is part of the reason why you find so many worlds in the Imperium are hyperspecialized and their tithes arranged around this, beside making for great sci-fi thematics & aesthetics. Agri worlds tithe food. Forge worlds tithe industrial products. Less specialized but well-developed worlds tithe some mixture or another, or perhaps a resource of note. Undeveloped worlds are likely to tithe manpower, since they have nothing else to offer, all the way down to feral worlds bringing up regiments of Conan the Barbarian strongmen. Then there's always oddballs like the Knight Worlds, which are food or mining-centric colonial worlds that survived the Dark Age of Technology, but were knocked back to a feudalistic societal model, with the knights in question using miniature titans to protect and/or lord over the enserfed. If you can imagine it and it isn't too flagrantly heretical, it exists somewhere in the Imperium. And if it is too flagrantly heretical but not outright Chaotic, then you can expect the Ministorum to come in and set up a syncretism to get the locals in line.

Regardless of efficiency, the Imperium is at war with everything around it, ceaselessly, because generic xenos are bastards who want to carve a piece out of Man's pie, and the heretics are bastards who want to fuck up the Emperor's shit, and the Eldar are tsundere bastards trying very hard not to die or fail to prevent universal calamity in varying measures, and the Orks just want to fuck up everything, so on. The Imperium is in a state of total war at all times. Those worlds which are at relative peace and have not been forgotten by the Administratum (which happens a lot more often than you'd think) are definitely going to be in a total war footing if they aren't some foo foo resort world. Even Shrine Worlds assuredly have sweatshops producing holy scripts, purity seals, unguents and the like. That's my take on it, at least. Mind that 40k is to a great degree a make-your-own-headcanon, as it rather has the old Star Wars arrangement of varying degrees of canonicity. Not nearly so formalized as the Star Wars canon, mind, because GW is pants on head retarded and doesn't care, but it's the best description I can come up with.

Why did they make the animations worse than in 2?
Why doesn't the line infantry move more naturally like in 2?
Why are there even less races now?
Where's the fucking cover?
fuck
I want to like this but I can't

I guess, I haven't played it though since I'm not into spaceships

Also this is what I despise about Holla Forums, they know a game is shit yet they won't shut their yap about it being shit, not until it released then, hell even after it's released Holla Forums will still bitch and moan on why its bad and make a this game is shit thread #3245 ad infinium, and after all that shit there is STILL someone who played it on fucking Holla Forums
Yet when a good game is presented upon them, it will only have a minimal discussion

It looks like a moba. I have doubts it's going to be good.

The Imperium in it's current state is the HRE, a massive clusterfuck of people who are only holding together because their raw contempt for everyone else.

The only two groups who actively enforce Imperial law are the Inquisition and the Arbites, and they only really do gross breaches of conduct. The rest is up to the planets themselves to make their own laws.

One could say pre-heresy Imperium was functionally like Rome, but that time is long past.

And you don't notice this ? You don't notice how this game will be DoW in name only ?

I bet you like the new ork design too, you pleb.

We discussed it a shitton before launch though.

Wew, I see they're still using the Rome II interns.

DoW 2 was fun to coop with a buddy and I was hoping to get something like it but less linear.
Now it looks like we will just get a fucking ugly barebones version of retribution as a campaing with cover and a load of other shit removed.
What a time to be alive.

We had BFG generals for a long ass time

The problem is that once you beat the game, the multiplayer is almost unbearable in terms of grinding you need to do to unlock ships and what not
I'd rather have campaign DLC

i dont want the same game that i already played the hell out of when i could just go back and play that, how is that so hard to understand?

Look at all this damage control

Go play a different title then, faggot.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
why cant we have nice things?

why should i? im getting what i want
getting mad at me isnt going to change anything

user, atleast we have Ultimate Apocalypse and Titanium wars for Soulstorm and Dark Crusade. The only thing that is better than DOW III

:o

>>>/cuckchan/

>>>/cuckchan/

maybe you should post your own REEE frog to express your discontent
haha REEEE thatll learn em

Oh, how far we've fallen…

Base game is complete though

Stay mad, cripplecucker

It's strange that normalfags love the frog and it seems no one really posts the poopoo peepee edits anymore. Shouldn't we reclaim it like the negros and their slurs?

Pepe is already reclaimed

Pretty meh. At least DoW1 will be modded forever.

Go back to your shithole

Pepeand Wojak are dead
Normalfags have claimed it
They're as bad as rage comics

Well ok find me the passage in a rulebook where it states that Imperial knights are exclusively male.

If it doesn't exist then it means it's the same as everything else. Possible as long has you write some backstory.
Hell an amazonian themed Knight house could be cool as hell, why the fuck not?

Sure you're triggered because it's one more the strong black womyn trope in vidya which is blatant SJW propaganda, but call it that instead of lore rapping.

Because AFAICT it's not lore raping.

The lore rape is a lowly knight berating a fucking chapter master.

You fucking goons need to leave
Imperial Knights come from feudal societies where women are treated like objects you fucking nigger.
Get the fuck out of here

Focus doesn't do shit.
It's an actual editor, they give handled packaged PR, industrial production and some of the business side of things (raising investments funds, outsourcing reach, etc…) they've got a couple of their own IP but outside those they don't fix deadlines or anything, they just take their cut in publishing the game.

That's actually why you can tell that Technomancer will probably be bad. If it has a lot of PR available it means it's the studio doing it… instead of working.

But Spiders makes alright games

that they do

All of their games are painfully mediocre

Who the hell uses 'AFAICT?' Even AFAIK is sparse around here. Shove off, git. And furthermore, from my hazy memory of the original DoW campaign, Angelos readily addressed a mere colonel of the Imperial Guard. I could see him candidly talking with this Knight, if it weren't for the fact that there's no preexisting relationship shown, meaning any they write in even if they try that will be immediately discredited, and the fact that it's not even Gabriel Angelos. He does not have the original voice or the cover voice by the original VA's brother, and his face doesn't really resemble the older game models in the least.

I'm curious as to how strictly the rule/splatbooks delineate it, myself. Feudal they are, but room always exists for the exceptions. Tomboys, the infertile, savants, Joan of Arc analogues, the like. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like this character fits any of those niches, and in fact seems more like a straight-laced, professional pilot than a chivalric woman-at-arms.

They lack polish, but they arent streamlined garbage.
Just a reminder that the same faggots who shit on their games dismissed E.Y.E for the sole purpose of being overly complex.

The combat system in their games is Bamahn with more depth.

Because 40k took inspirations from history, not feminist utopias that vaguely existed.

You didn't need a book to know that female knights are very very very rare exceptions. Why do you need one here ?

I could even see the wife of a Lord who gained power by subtily killing the opposition or something.

But Im sure we wont get anything like that, its going to be:

STRONG WOMYN WHO DIDNT AFRAID OF NOTHING ROSE TROUGH THE RANKS OF INFERIOR MAN IN THE IG AND SOMEHOW GOT HER HANDS ON AN HEREDITARY WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION

THEY JUST HAD TO FALL FOR THE FUCKING ASSGFAGGOTS MEME, AND GOING THE EXTRA MILE TO APPEAL TO THE ESPORTS TRYHARD DUMBASSES, THANK YOU FOR BEING NOTHING SHORT OF FUCKING HERETICS, RELIC

THIS SHIT MAKES ME SO GOD DAMN FUCKING MAD I SWEAR I'M TURNING INTO A FUCKING BLOODLETTER

Its because he's a leftist and thus he cannot create anything himself. Only corrupt and destroy what already is.

You're the ones sperging about lore this lore that when you've never opened a fucking rulebook.

You're the ones that made your own lore in your fucking heads and decided there weren't any women in the knights. Despite the fact that there is no reason not to.

Knight Worlds are technologically advanced Feudal Worlds.

Since physical prowess isn't required there is not fucking reason women can't be knights, since there is plenty of noblewomen in combat role and leadership in the Imperium.

More politcal bullshit. Amazon do exist in Warhammer.

Again keep sperging about lore you don't have a clue about it's entertaining.

So I went and checked the codex. And guess what, I'm right she can't address it that way.

Pilots are fused to the machine spirit of the knight, which has mind alteration property.

However, the mind-link technology also directly affects the psyche of the Noble himself, implanting strong positive associations with notions of fealty, obligation and hierarchy, as well as a deep respect for the Noble’s ancestors. How such technology works and why it was originally installed remain a mystery, even to this day. It seems most likely that the mind-altering feedback routines were intentionally designed and installed during the Age of Technology – a safeguard feature meant to limit the potential of a pilot to go rogue or turn upon those he was meant to protect.

A knight will never speak casually to a superior, even less berate.

That's actual lore raping.

What a waste of trips

Low poly, all the indieshit going low poly has that same glossiness to it.

Women remain bargaining chips for marriage. Technology does not automatically mean a lack of chronological cultural backwardsness; forge worlds are run by the Cult Machina, not by any secular production authorities. Every factory is itself a temple, albeit one whose rites are entirely production oriented. And Knight Worlds are FEUDAL worlds; all the advanced technology is devoted to bumper crops, strip mining, or arms, the population is literally enserfed. Furthermore, a lack of physical prowess is very much a problem in a universe where humans are reliant on chunky analog tech or else advanced technology that is highly resemblant to chunky analog tech, which occasionally needs a little strong-arming. Neuro-uplinks are fine and dandy, but I highly doubt they aren't paired to a traditional interface in the average Knight.

As a footnote to Lizardman lore and a faction in Blood Bowl, which is not terribly relevant to 40k, and not to Fantasy for that matter. Topsy-turvy worlds may or may not exist in some number, the question is, is this how it is depicted? Clearly not.

Grand. Good to have that clarified, genuinely. Nonetheless, you've still failed to present any proper argument for woman pilots being anything other than exceptional. If they are, it's no skin off my bones and a little less off Relic's, but the woman part remains as either a hackish attempt at replicating the relationship between Titus and Nira and/or a diverse throw-in, and the contradiction of knights being neurologically dickered around with to act like proper and idealized chevaliers remains bad, unresearched writing.

Nah.

We just told you of the rare exception for a female knight which you couldn't even come up with.
You are the one who thinks we think there are none.
You are the walking political bullshit who supports everything outside a space marine being a female.
All pilots have strict training. Unless you believe their ability to bend the machine spirit to their will happens on a whim.

The vast majority of pilots are male. The females are exceptions. I do not get what more you want.

We have 1 named imperial knight in 40k games. This one. The very first. And it's a female. Just because we live in the feminism era the exceptions are on the forefront instead of being actual exceptions.
This is the politics rubbing the agendas in your face.
And fags like you just love it.

>>>/cuckchan/
Its dead, facebook faggots arent detered by that bullshit anymore

lol

I warned you faggots about the autist, you've made your bed. Now lie in it

He can't top (50) no matter how much he tries.

So dont buy it
First of all there's dow1 and firestorm to have 40k fun

Second, dont give those bastards trying to jump on the moba bandwagon a fucking cent. Make this even worse than nudoom's sales

Besides, who will buy it? Real fans wont like it, outsiders usually think dow is a hardcore / too complex / obscure game

I made it to 0:36.

Why did they even bother with the "it's gonna be a proper RTS" lie?

LOOK AT THIS LASCANNONS ARE NOW JUST A BEAM THAT "BUILDS UP IN POWER THE LONGER IT STAYS ON TARGET" BULLSHIT.

its like they havent even read the lore, its such a big oversight.

FUCKING DROPPED

Put enough marketing behind it and it'll sell.
The targeted audience is the fucking idiot who buys it, plays it for an hour and forgets that it ever fucking existed, unlerss soime new marketing stunt comes around for the new DLC to remember the idiot of the one hour full of fun to persuade him to buy the DLC.

Well if in one of the books there is a women why the fuck are you saying it isn't canon?

So? Space marine and knights are fucking rare. Hell being a space marine chapter with a shitload of psykers is extra special. Maybe they've justified it. I'm fucking sure they're gonna have cringy lines about "you're a women!" "Of course why wouldn't strong womyn exist *wink *wink*" the first time you get the knight.
It's "Company of whiniest little bitch in the history of Russia" that are behind that turd it's not like it's gonna be subtle.

Also.

If books are canon Terminator armor doing backflip is canon, Eldar worship slaneesh (yes all of them) and a classic eldar tactic is to discard their own tanks, steal Leman Russes, then ride in battle hanging to them. And of course ultra-smurf walk on water and resurrect themselves after 3 days.

Again I'm telling you be mad about the fact it's the "strong black womyn with tumblr hair" trope, which is clearly pandering to SJW faggot, because that's why she is there.

But you can't say it's not canon.

If you want to use the canon argument you can say you're mad because she's a black womyn with tumblr hair that they only put there to pander and DOESN'T ACT like a knight.

And you're suddenly perfectly right.

I'm basically giving you the perfect argument to win everywhere they speak about the game and you cunts are getting pissy at me.

And suddenly you're no longer a misogynist gamer, but a genuine fan offended to mistreatment of the license you like.

Pic related is your right now. Except you don't get paid for it.

The only example from what you want is from books you yourself laugh at. Without it there isn't a single case of a female knight pilot.

Misogynist is not an insult here, so why are you bringing it up at all ? Where are you from ?

You two are full of shit.

Oh hey dude, you realize we have ID's right?
You shouldn't quote yourself with your "EPIC FTW XD!!!@@11" posts ya shitposting communist.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
FUCK YOU

THIS!! THIS!!!! THIS!!!!!!

ha ha what
i sure am looking forward to warhammer 40k themed strategy game in real time

She's from Cadia.
Everyone learns how to fight on Cadia (just in case).

Female officers do exist and there are females in the IG. It's just not a common site

That's where I checked out too. Watching a Force Commander with a power hammer and decked in power armor dancing around like a Harlequin is where I draw the line.

You sure that isn't just an Ogryn in cosplay? Casue that is fucking awful.

Space Marine are super-fast, faggot.

They slap bullets out of the air, approach you quietly like Batman even though they wear a half a ton of power armor, moves so fast normal people have trouble processing.

Not a single game made so far has shown SM's true to lore.

Not even the tabletop game shows them true to lore. Most of the lore in the Black Library books is retarded fan fiction tier shit anyway.

Might be cool if it's like Wc3. If it's like prior Relic RTS but with heroes "cause kids will love it" then I'm worried. Their games don't feel responsive enough for that.

I don't hate the graphics style. I like my RTS arcadey.

Since I don't see any other Warhammer/40k threads up at the moment, I'll just ask here:

Is Mordheim worth getting? The reviews are seriously mixed, but the tabletop is fun and apparently there's a lot of customization.

Sage for tangential.

He's in terminator armor in there. They have limited basic joint mobility.
They do not leap around.
The thunder hammer is heavy. In normal armor marines wield it with 2 hands to cope with the sheer weight of it. Only terminators can wield it one handed but they are also several times heavier than the norm. 3 tons of armor if I remember right.

They do not leap around.

Enemy AI is retarded. Running into walls and standing in place wasting a turn happens often. Even when working as intended they ephemerally only use a straight suicide charge into your chokepoints and ambushes. Loading times are atrocious and lots of trap options with skills that you have to learn. The rest of the game is fun and well done. They got the tone and lore right on the money andd the campaign is fun. Definitely worth a pirate.

Space Marines are fast when they're not encumbered with armor. Terminators are the slowest (which is why they're so vulnerable in close combat from the sides and rear) but even normal power armor is going to slow them down quite a bit. While it's going to vary based on role, chapter, and armor type, most Space Marines are going to be moving marginally faster than a Guardsman, even if they are significantly more agile.

They AREN'T going to be dashing around at the speed of sound and jumping like Mario.

It's sixty percent off and I like supporting small developers. Is it worth it then or should I just pirate regardless?

I hope the gmae doesnt fail because Dawn of War with its expansions ( excluding Soulstorm ) is the best god damn RTS I've ever played in my entire life
still playing the game to this date

dont jinx it and hope for the best

i never wrote "gmae" wtf

I always pirate before buying. Give it a whirl before throwing them your shekels. They are pumping out DLC at a decent clip so be wary of it.

No, they don't.

See the problem with the female knight is what some user said before, it should be an exception but instead exceptions become the rule these days

dow2 inquisitor was a woman and it was ok because the ecclesiarchy is farily gender balanced, specially with the sororitas. The eldar have women fighting as well because it's the norm for them, the sororitas is an entire female only military branch of the imperium

but no, they have to break a game's background and basic gameplay for the sake of adapting to current year

When the game comes out and RTS players hate on it for inserting MOBA bullshit watch them spin all criticism as "misogynist neckbeards hate the game because female knight pilot".
Female titan pilots do exist in the lore btw (in BL and Forge World, dunno about the regular codex and I don't think they were ever mentioned in the old knights lore) but 99%+ of named titan pilots are male, so it's probably just them trying to score progressive points.

Literally, i mean literally, everything you said in this post was a straight up lie.
Space marines are heavy, clumsy, unsubtle and NOT fast.

It mostly depends on the chapter.

For example Raven Lords are specialized in stealth tactics, while Space Wolves like a loud, unsubtle approach.

That is bullshit, they're genetically enhanced superhumans, and a normal power armor doesn't restrict them much.

They are fast. They move faster and have better reaction times than regular humans and most xenos, even in armor. They're NOT sanics doing backflips like that guy and the idiots at Relic think.

They move like modern troopers on those heavy tactical armors. Not specially fast but not combat burdened. Plus all the super human abilities

As has been pointed out (>>9857219), a female knight is possible and there isn't any lore which claims it to be unusual. However, nobility of a single planet has no place giving orders to AdAst, though Gabe's humble enough that he doesn't care to invoke rank.

AdAst aren't dexterous fast, but they're mobile fast. Not fast enough to outrun a vehicle (see: White Scars), but in the upper tiers of on-foot speed.

Terminators are a hero unit. you can only have one squad of them in game. because there are an hero unit.

Solaria could be a Freeblade since She does not mention her house and her Imperial Knight does not show her houses' heraldry

May as well buy two parrots and your character design department is set for years.

No. The only book that has a female knight pilot in it, says that they are extraordinarily rare. To the point where she might be the only exception.
See:

Maybe you should read some good 40K books.

Power armor uses artificial muscles that interface directly with the nervous system of the astartes. Astartes power armor is NOT slow and cumbersome - that is in part what makes them so deadly. However, games and movies tend to depict the mas slow and cumbersome because the directors know jack shit and because they think it "feels right" for something so big to move slowly. When the entire point of SM's is that they defy common expectations.

==

Transhuman dread. Aximand had heard iterators talk of the condition. He’d heard descriptions of it from regular Army officers too. The sight of an Adeptus Astartes was one thing: taller and broader than a man could ever be, armoured like a demigod. The singularity of purpose was self-evident. An Adeptus Astartes was designed to fight and kill anything that didn’t annihilate it first. If you saw an Adeptus Astartes, you knew you were in trouble. The appearance alone cowed you with fear.==

But to see one move. Apparently that was the real thing. Nothing human-shaped should be so fast, so lithe, so powerful, especially not anything in excess of two metres tall and carrying more armour than four normal men could lift. The sight of an Adeptus Astartes was one thing, but the moving fact of one was quite another. The psychologists called it transhuman dread. It froze a man, stuck him to the ground, caused his mind to lock up, made him lose control of bladder and bowel. Something huge and warlike gave pause: something huge and warlike and moving with the speed of a striking snake, that was when you knew that gods moved amongst men, and that there existed a scale of strength and speed beyond anything mortal, and that you were about to die and, if you were really lucking, there might be just enough time to piss yourself first.

Your move, faggot.

dawnofwar.com/article/community-team-intro

Friendly reminder that women ruin everything.

The real reason they do that is to avoid the Movie Marines. If you're playing a RTS or an approximation of the tabletop, you don't want the Space Marine player to plop down eight to ten units and two vehicles while the opposing player is maneuvering a number of troops numbering in the hundreds of thousands.

Even the tabletop has to make concessions with the fluff, else every guard player would have to bring two hundred pounds worth of figures for deployment.

Tabletop is a games/rules system, not a lore system. It's awfully limited for that reason (1d6 is damn limiting)

Tabletop rules isn't lore. And you can always do the "1 model represents 10 ppl" for guard/orcs/tyranids

And it's the reason Spess Mehreens aren't fast or agile. Speed is power in an RTS and if you made them fast it would gimp pretty much every faction who doesn't have marines of their own.

Hell, Fleet of Foot is half the reason Eldar broke Dawn of War.

The whole point is to not have to imagine stuff with miniatures. Else people would use cardboard markers for units.
But that ain't fun.

That's bullshit. If you can't work around a problem, find someone that can.

Reduce the number of SM's in-game then. Or don't even bother balancing them. Fuck multiplayer. It ruins so much.

SEZ WHO???

A part of me dies inside.
DoW2 got it right, why did they change it to this?

Then they maintain their DPS for too long and are strong versus AoE attacks. If three Space Marines have the same health and damage has ten shoota boys, the Space Marines will always win because they'll cut down at least three Shootas, thereby cutting down the Ork player's damage output, before losing one of their own.

In Dawn of War, Space Marines were shooty, choppy, moderately tanky, and were highly versatile to boot. If they had been fast as well, they would have been unbeatable for Guard and Tau. They would have forced Eldar and Orkz to go for melee options since the Sanic Marines would chew through Guardians and Shootas like they were paper.

Well that's some heretical ass shit right there.

Games Workshop.

Space Marines are the most played faction on the tabletop (particularly with spoilt kiddies). If armies only had 8-10 marines where would they make their money?

well that explains everything

Gotta make the game more accessible, meaning they hope to lure in ASSFAGGOTS players with the graphical style.

But why the Orkz? They don't look anything like they do in pretty much every tabletop unit, splatbook, game, Black Library book, spin off, or promotional material.

I've not seen what the nuOrkz look like, but I'll venture a guess: they look like Warcraft orcs.

They don't even
Hell, Warcraft Orcs look more like 40K Orks than these nu Orks

It's not even the graphics themselves, but the whole character aesthetic and effects look "not Warhammer".

Tumblr and Holla Forums finding franchises always is bad in the end

I havent seen the orks yet, are they that bad? how the hell can you do 40k orcs bad?

this game looks like fucking abomination. its an army scale rts(???) with lots of squads and units, but only one-three units with lots of micro deal any real damage while normal troops just stand there and look pretty.
these cover shields/capture points have a shitty implementation. capture points are symbolizing important parts of the map(at least should) like ammo depots, strongpoints, supply lines, bridges…. so it would make sense if there was lots of cover around them to make defence easier. instead we get space elf magic field of standing still for minute to capture that look like ass.
generally everything looks like ass. seriously good maps are my fetish and these aint good.
ONLY thing that looks decent are solarias knight and effects of bombardment. im curious if the ground will stay like that for the rest of the game

This is just painful to watch, RIP DoW

Holy shit.

Just fucking cancel it.

God damn.

Fucking STATE of this "banter"

You have nobody but your fucking retarded selves to blame. I'll just keep playing the only good DoW game, the first rts. Go fuck yourselves, hypefaggots.

We told you DoW 2 fags. Enjoy this crap you made. Lmao.

They deserve it for not only defending but praising DoW 2.

DoWfags now reaching the Anger phase of acceptance.

Australia should be gassed

DoW 2 was shit though. Barely even RTS. Whoever brought hero units into skirmish in RTS should be gassed.

DoW 2 was shit. Fuck you and all dow2 shitters enjoy your crap moba with over 100 dlcs.

I never implied otherwise

so, westwood.

Fuck off DoW2 shitter.