Should I be excited for Dishonored 2?

Should I be excited for Dishonored 2?
I can't help it I liked Dishonored 1 and hope that 2 will fix some of the problems and make it better

No.

Why though?
I haven't been on Holla Forums in a while so I may have missed some news on it

Not gonna happen, it's current year

They'll find a way to make an already causal game more casual. Probably worth a pirate once it comes out, and keep an eye on the DLC which might add some good content.

There was a demo at E3, if you didn't watch it

yeah I saw it thought it was pretty good
Females powers seem kind lame
At first I was iffy on the new setting but it seems pretty cool looking
A cool thing I read was there is a canonical "no powers" route

No you fucking idiot.
/thread

Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan Wan Wan. Wan Wan, Wan Wan wan wan. Wan.
Wan Wan.

Some of the power's they've shown off make it seem like it is going to be even easier

I never thought Dishonored was casual.

You're an elite bodyguard given special powers by a fucking giant space whale god. Ofcourse nothing can touch you.

I never expected thief/metal gear solid.

You can play as Corvo or Emily. That should be a red flag right there. It means the story needs to be so bland that you can play through it with either character and have it still make sense.

No it's going to be casual sequel to an already casual excuse of a stealth game. op as always is a fag

If you knew who made it (basically ex-thief devs) you'd know why Dishonored is an insult to stealth and why it's cancer. And super powers and constant slaughtering of enemies is never the focus of real stealth games, not to mention its retarded in a game where you play as someone framed for murder.

no

t. dishonored 1 fan

Ah but is Dishonored really a stealth game?

Not gonna lie I teared up when I realised I'll never have a cute daughter make me a drawing. It'll be fun see her grown up.

She dun goofed and was removed from the throne, she's also a man hating dyke now.

Fuck off reddit

Yes, it's a really shitty stealth game that was being touted as a successor to Thief then got lobotomized thanks to casuals like you.

bump

Refute my arguments reddit

Sage

lmao fresh off the boat from cuckchan are we?

Dishonored isn't a stealth game, and wasn't supposed to be one. Harvey Smith worked on other stuff besides Thief, you mouthbreathers.

lmao you got that right fellow cuckchaner

So what was it supposed to be than?

whos shitposting? youre the one that has no idea what hes talking about and using aggressive "sentence enhancers" to try to seem like you are.
do you really think thats what we are about here? just acting like jackasses?

A Deus Ex-like game, where you have open levels with combat and stealth options. Whether it succeeded is up for debate. But it's [current year], so mongoloids who see any game with optional sneaking automatically think it's a stealth game.

Refute my arguments about Dishonored you retard, and nice job showing how underage you are by thinking i've posted anything remotely complex or hard to understand.

Goddamn is this the worst summer we've had.

thats not an argument, youre just a dumbass

Too bad the game punished you for using your superpowers at points so you had to use stealth, then when you use stealth it encourages using attention grabbing superpower bullshit. For a game trying to be like Deus Ex then it sucks dick at that too since it doesn't know when or how to foster player choice.

Also reminder Harvey Smith is why Invisible War was such shit.

It's better than Dishonoreds stealth elements. Prove me wrong.

The "punishment" consisted of a different cut scene at the end of the game. I guess if you care about the story then that matters, but I didn't.

The premise alone is retarded. Why make a game about a protagonist framed for murder then encourage him to go on a killing spree?

so you have no idea what youre talking about, youre just regurgitating an opinion you read in this same thread
try harder to fit in next time cuckchan. or you could just drop the act and have an honest discussion. no ones gonna bite

Irony, I guess.

I'm if you can't figure it out retard. I'm posting from somewhere else. You haven't argued against anything I posted, so it's safe to assume I'm right.

okay, so you were stupid twice

You can't prove me wrong can you?

So I think we agree Dishonored is shit then, thanks fag.

whats there to prove wrong? your opinion?
youre free to have an opinion. youre free to have a stupid opinion

I liked Dishonored. I just want more non-lethal options, and it sounds like the sequel is going to deliver that.

Plus Emily's powers seem cool, and I do like the idea of the game supporting a no-power playthrough. Also, taking off my sage now.

No, you should be excited for Styx 2 instead.

They seem more focused on identity politics than gameplay, I bet they'll casualize it even more.

You don't prove my opinion wrong by saying BUT UR WRONG and not back up why you think I'm wrong dumb nigger

thats not how it works, cuckchan

No, you should not be excited. You should be ready for disappointment regarding sequels made in [THE CURRENT YEAR]

Should I be excited for Mirror's Edge 2?
I can't help it I liked Mirror's Edge 1 and hope 2 will fix some of the problems and make it better.
The sequel made EVERYTHING worse.

I wasn't looking forward to Mirror's Edge, this is just an example

Oh really? I actually played Thief in the nineties my man. Good game sure but I didn't WANT a spiritual sequel. You're playing as an assassin on a revenge mission. Not Garett the thief.

Besides memorising guard patents and waiting half an hour for a guard to turn his back is never what I wanted from Dishonored. Maybe I have become casual after all these years?!

Did they ever market it as a Thief game though?

I loved the original Mirror's Edge and I still haven't played the new one, out of fear.

No, see my post here:

HEY FELLOW REDDITORS, SHOULD I BE EXCITED ABOUT FALLOUT 4???
AFTER ALL, 3 WAS SUCH A GREAT ADVENTURE OF EPIC xD PROPORTIONS

Ah well parents love their children. Even if they turn into lesbos.

Fug, meant my post here:

Okay

Okay.

Dishonored is not a stealth game because being caught is not a punishment; it has a combat system with its own risk-reward structure. You have no idea what you're talking about.

What punishment does a game need to be a stealth game?

That's a good point. Dishonored is actively encouraging you to use your powers and take everything out.

Try to fight a single guard head on in the original Thief and see how long you last. No cool fighting moves, no parryinf, no stabbing in the neck.

Corvo is a swordsman, unlike Garrett.

Dishonored feels more like Bioshock, as weird as that sounds.

See

I got BioShock vibes from it too, actually.

Corvo was locked up for 6 months. It's possible that something snapped inside of his mind.

Yeah, I don't think they should have done that. But it's just a cut scene. I didn't care much about the story, so it didn't really deter me.

Just Cause 3 did that to 2, even when the dev/publisher wasn't complete cancer like EA or zenimax are

A Bioshock where you can stealth and the morality aspect is thrown out the window, and melee replaces gunplay. I'm alright with that, but it was advertised as a spiritual successor to thief

Well you can take everything out NON LETHALLY.

In Thief the best way was to leave guards alive and actually sneak your way through a level.

Except for Thief 3 ofcourse.

So in order to prove his innocence he goes and murders people? What a fucking stupid plot.

Murdering the queen/ his lover is a lot different than killing other members of government in revenge.

Plus, he's not trying to prove his innocence, he's trying to put his daughter on the throne, thereby pardoning him of any wrong doing.

I think it'll be pretty good tbh. I enjoyed the first one very much as well.

you don't have to kill anyone faggot. those choices are left entirely up to the player.

Suit yourself.