playdota.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28
playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1472445
dotabuff.com/players/winning
dotabuff.com/players/91870395
learntocounter.com/why-dota-sucks-prologue/
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/1/10/Timb_rare_01.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why bother you dipshit?

YOU convince ME i should convince you to stop being a retard.

variety is the spice of life

no
enjoy your shit game for faggots
dubs

how on earth did you plan on getting dubs there
fagget?

nah.
you're obviously a lost cause if you even need convincing.

b-but dota literally has everything any other game has
and it even does it better

You shouldn't. Keep your cancer out of games that aren't shit. Check 'em nigger.

Noice.

The more you play Dota the less you will enjoy it. If you're already at 1k hours you don't have much left, so you might as well enjoy it.

t. ex-dotafag with 1.5k hours that hasn't played in over 8 months

the only problem is icefroog can't seem to balance out the heroes

did you play with a 5 stack?

don't, just stay in your little shit bubble you cancerous fuck

Yes. When I decided to stop playing we didn't do anything but get angry at each other even if we won.

It was destroying our friendship because none of us enjoyed the game anymore. I took the first step and stopped playing, everybody soon followed after me realizing they hated the game too.

Maybe come back to it once the competitive scene is dead, that's mostly what killed it for me. One the game goes back to 2012 levels of fun as far as events go then I'll come back too.

Nah, stay in your containment zone, cancer

also how can you ever stop learning the game? once you understand how to play carry you can learn how to play mid, or support, offlane etc…

each role has its own intricacies

Because THDB is 1000x better

It does, but that's not what makes the game fun.
You spend the first 30 minutes doing nothing at all, and if you do one single mistake, stop checking the jungle so that no one farms, don't place one sentry, get killed by mistake, you throw the whole game.

By the time you're at 40 minutes the game is already decided and everybody is just angry at each other.

The hell do you people see in an rts with just 1 hero unit. I hated this game when it stole the warcraft 3 custom map scene and I still don't get it. And why the hell are you fags bumping a thread where some retard wants Holla Forums to plan his life

check em

WOO SUMMER YEAH

The point is that it's not an RTS, the interesting side of it is having to coordinate your team, which is hard to do. Too bad 90% of the time your team is full of retards or just refuse to listen to you.

There is a fun game buried deep in there somewhere, but it's impossible to play it since it's so full of casual scum and russians.

it sounds like you were all had the same attitude towards how to win,
you can mix it up with different hero combinations
push start for example - youtube.com/watch?v=sKJpkpBVFKw

the hug box is showing

The concept isn't bad, the problem is that the mainstream games have the worlds shittiest communities and always cry about balance, and the logical extreme of that is basically just two sides mirroring each other.

strat
god damn im on fire

Yes you should keep playing DOTA. In fact, only play DOTA, don't play any other game. Once the game dies out, you then should move on to real life things, because nothing can be better than it. You shouldn't play any more games, or contribute to any other gaming communities, because the best thing ever is over, and it will be time to move on past video games

No user that's not the point. We had strats, we had discussions about those strats and how to win. The point is that after you play any game for over a thousand hours it just isn't fun anymore, everybody just plays because they're addicted to it instead of playing it because they want to.

It's not about winning or losing, it's about being addicted with your friends to something that is designed to ruin friendships. And playing that game every day, for hours on end.

Even when we won we shouted and got angry at each other.

are you sure you weren't just over doing it? say you were to come back to it now, but only play 1 or 2 games a day max

I did that 8 months ago. I told myself, ah alright, why not. I had left the game just in time by still having positive feelings towards it, and telling myself that I had a good run and it was just time to stop.

I played again after around 4 months after quitting and I had such a bad time that it ruined the good memories I had about the game.

Until the community changes and the games actually becomes about fun instead of pro-strats, there's just no reason to come back to it. It'll be the same exact thing that pushed me to quit it.

what do you mean by
?

the matchmaking system tries to handicap you the better you get

for comparison, DOTA is like SSBM, except there is no option do to anything but play no items, fox only, final destination, over and over again, for eternity. It's a game you can only enjoy when played in the context of a well-coordinated team who are all have a competitive mindset. anything else turns the game into an exercise in frustration.

Take a normal game right now. You have to spend more than half of it just killing creeps and doing the perfect build, if you don't you will achieve nothing. You won't help your team, you won't get kills.

When I started playing back in 2011 and 2012, people hadn't played much of it, there was more leniency towards doing your own thing and still having fun. You didn't need to do everything perfect to help the team because nobody else did, it was just a multiplayer game.

But after 4 years, people have played it so much that even inexperienced players know every single in and out of the game, and they will do every single annoying thing they can to win, which forces you to do the same. These can be grinding, forcing you to put your head 100% into the game, actually having to command your team around and play the best you can every single time, even in pub matches.

Everything fun was sucked right out of the game, it's either you do exactly what you need to win without deviating from that, or you will get stomped to death. And honestly I just don't have the spirit to spend 60 minutes focused at 100% to the game and giving it my all, sometimes I just want to play some multiplayer and have fun.

This user puts it in a much more comprehensible way he's absolutely right

ooooooohhhhh
now i get
good riddance, filthy casual ;^)
yeah if you don't like try harding, nowadays dota is not for you

It doesn't matter, you'll be where I was in no time.
Enjoy wasting your time into a game you'll end up hating user, if you're so hell bent on being right and not listening to someone that has gone through exactly what you're going through right now then you really are salvageable and also probably underage.

People were right in saging this thread.

but thats what i like about dota. thats what sets it apart for me.
it has a shit ton of depth and it has a balanced system for punishing your mistakes
which makes it awesome
for example, dying in the early game only nets you a 10 second respawn timer, where in the late game it can cost you rax or even the game

summer ?

Dotafag with 3k hours in it. Still play other vidya regularly as well as a job and social life. The game only gets richer as time goes on. Your hero pool gets bigger, your understanding of positioning gets better, and you find people who you can stack with and enjoy some proper team-based dota.

Dota 2 is essentially in its golden age at the moment; out of 111 heroes, only 10 of them have yet to be picked in the most recent tournament. You guys should really get out of your hugbox and give it a shot.

The cast can never be perfectly balanced all at once; there'll always be favourites in each meta. But the latest pick/ban rates are involving a large pool of characters, which is a very healthy sign.

Hey man, if you've got the team and everything, more power to you. Once upon a time I played ASSFAGGOTS because I had a couple of pals to play it with, and we had fun. But we went our separate ways. I tried playing pub matches, but that a game of chance where the absolutely best possible outcome is just getting par, and anything less is just adding degrees of suffering.
Mate, if you're having fun, by all means, have fun.

calm your tits fam didnt think you would get offended
i am listening
did you not see the smiley face?

Dota 2 hasn't been in its golden age since the beta. It's plagued by tourneyfaggottry, bad business, microtransactions, russians tryhard and it has absolutely no fun whatsoever.

I tried telling some people I used to play with this exact same thing, they told me I was a faggot and then left the game a month later. I've seen all this shit before.

I used to be Dota's #1 fan, and now look at me. If you're okay in doing my exact same mistakes then go ahead, I know how pointless it is to try to change the mind of someone that is addicted to dota.

And don't get me wrong, it is an addiction, nothing else.

it's summer alright

what other vidya do you play? i can't seem to find anything that keeps me entertained for more than 5 hours.

kreygasm yes i used a twitch emote i know it hurts leaving the hug box every once in a while

unfortunately the last series had a rather limited hero pool.
yep things are only getting better

No one likes a tryhard in a casual game, but the competitive scene is most definitely a strength right now.

Are you sure you're not just dead inside?

thx fam
not if you play a different hero every game
and you can have a win rate above 50% no problem. i think mine is 54%

Play a support.
Play an offlaner against an enemy dual or trilane, where the goal is to survive.
Play a roaming support like bounty hunter, where you'll never get a single creep until the 10 minute mark because you're too busy trying to help your cores get kills, cause havoc in ways like sniping couriers and helping your cores get kills.
Play an active mid who MUST rotate and make an impact in order to matter.

"

You need to play more roles other than safelane carry.

this user gets it
you can only master one role. aka - infinite depth

i think this is the place for you
playdota.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28

heres a thread fresh off the front page
playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1472445

A competitive scene is never a strength.

And no, playing heroes that are ridiculously overpowered because of the current meta is neither fun nor interesting.

I played mostly supports. It's all the same exact shit, you always end up being shouted at because you didn't do exactly what he wanted.

There isn't a single role that is fun in the game, everybody's a pro, everybody knows better than you.

It's like playing a game constantly interacting with Holla Forums, except the game is boring, repetitive, and not fun in the least. If at least the mechanics were fun and the game didn't take 60+ minutes then maybe I'd be able to take it. But like this it just gives me cancer and makes me want to kill myself.

There's so many better games I can go play, I have a backlog of classic that can last me my entire life. I'm not going to waste the short time I can dedicate to video games playing a game that is being tailored specifically for 1% of the players, forcing everybody else to be a retarded tryhard.

I was more talking to the fact that pub matches, being composed of a bunch a random people, is more likely to have people who aren't playing seriously. The problem born from that is that having a mix of serious players and non serious players is suffering. if 9 of 10 players are playing seriously, and one is fucking about, you're going to have a bad time, and reversing the ratio will do the same.

Playing support is the greatest suffering, user. I feel your pain.

in my games i usually have 1 try hard, 1 ok player and 1 bad and 1 idiot
same thing goes for the enemy team
you can take advantage if this and farm the bad players and get very nice gold lead, eventually winning you the game if you know what you're doing
you dont even need to play a carry to do this. ive seen witch doctors and cms carry an entire game on their backs.

of this and farm the bad players and get very a

of this and farm the bad players and get a very

Ok you can call me a faggot over that.

What are you talking about? Everyone makes massive mistakes everywhere. People have gotten better and know how to play the game, yeah, but if you think most people are playing like pros then I'd like to know if you did anything other than play ranked at 7k MMR or something. There are heaps of mistakes and that's it.
Ranked dota means most of the tryhards leave normal matches alone. Custom games mean you can goof about doing whatever.

Just because Dota has a lot of depth doesn't mean you can't have have fun or goof around. And let me raise a point at someone other than you - if it has a lot of depth, how can it be extremely casual?

Also, who is ridiculously overpowered right now? There were some shite patches like 6.83, but right now no one character looks too far ahead of the other.

Mute everyone if you're going solo queue, just mute them. No ifs, no buts, just mute them if they're going to flame. I don't know why you didn't do this earlier. I have a lot of different experience at 4k MMR as a support, but that principle should apply; just mute 'em.

If Dota's not for you, then grand, I hope you find other games you like. But that doesn't mean it's bad or unfair, or that you have to take the game as seriously as if every match is ranked or if you're a wannabe pro.

How big is your JUST folder? Care to share some more?

what other games do you play?

I never said most people are playing like pros, but like user said here at a certain point it becomes about taking advantage of a bad player in the other team, not about being good yourself. In the end you can have all the skill you want, but if someone has been better than you at getting gold then you'll be fucked either way. Unlike games like Quake or Unreal tournament, there isn't a leveled playing field. There's always going to be a massive skew to either side because of a dumb progression system that exists solely to pad out the game.

I haven't played in months, but there is always one here that is ridiculously overpowered. Every single update.

It's not even just solo queue, it's with friends. Close friends, people you just met, it's the exact same with everyone.

As I said the game isn't bad, there is a legitimately fun game buried deep in there, somewhere, but there's just mechanics that prevent it from being legitimately enjoyable 100% of the time. And there's just no reason to play something you only enjoy when you're completely stomping the other team or that one game out of a hundred where both teams are perfectly even and you play for 100 minutes.

Currently have 60 pics in my just folder.

The game is shit and you're a newfag. I wish mods would perma you fucks.

If you don't like seeing people talking about this, there's some very handy filtering features that you can use.

You can have something to play and enjoy when dota stops being fun for the day/hour or when your friends aren't online to play with.

good on you user
game is most fun for me when i play a different hero every game
game is awful when im trying to grind mmr
tis the nature of multiplayer game with infinite depth
most people have a win rate of around 50

maybe you should just downvote me

That's a terrible meme that needs to die. 95% of the matches play exactly the same. What you define as infinite depth is just padding to make the game seem longer and more involved, it would be much better and faster if it kept the same pool of heroes and skipped the boring parts completely when someone can break the game by amassing crazy amounts of gold. Then maybe the game would be about skill.

And let's be honest, skill on a non professional level has so little to do with the game that it can be ignored completely.

how can you say that? have you heard of ganking support? tri lane? push strat? 4 protect 1? tri core? quad core?
ive had all these things happen to me in pubs. and my mmr is pretty low
even if someone plays wraith king and farms 6 rapiers you can still perma disable him with a hero like tinker
and you can counter a farmed tinker a with a farmed anti mage
how many roles do you play?

Valdis Story, Banner Saga, Danganronpa, Star Fox, Overwatch so I can hang out with friends casually Stella Glow, and Dark Souls 3 off the top of my head.

But that is every multiplayer game ever made. Even the best players in the world are about taking advantage of the mistakes and weaknesses of someone else since nobody's perfect.

Not lately. The closest we've come is 6.84's Leshrac, but since then the scene's been too big to pin down to just one character. There are meta favourites, but nobody as broken as to stretch the scene too far.

It sounds like you didn't have friends who know how to goof off. I'm sorry to hear that; dota shenanigans with friends out for a laugh can be very fun.

Except other multiplayer games don't reward you in a way where you can actually take advantage of it so much where it becomes completely impossible to stop you. Killing a player in UT doesn't give you a permanent advantage for the rest of the game.

ive had all these things happen to me in pubs. and my mmr is pretty low
Yeah let's just pass over the fact that most of these strategies are completely pointless late game and that the end game ALWAYS plays the same.

and you can counter a farmed tinker a with a farmed anti mage
Which doesn't matter since you can't change your heroes mid game and can't predict who's going to be the hero that will be extremely overpowered over everybody else.

nice webm
shenanigans:
was a fun day

end game is the same for every game imaginable

Except those games are not 60 minutes long where 40 of those are boring grind against npcs.

most of my game are around 35 minutes
if you feel like you do not like the pace of the game just pick lycan and you can push down towers like nobodies business
however if you do not know how to play the hero and end up just feeding your life away that is something else

I haven't played dota for a lot, because at the time I was just playing it so I could get myself cosmetics and sell them on the market. From what I remember though, playing support characters were incredibly fun. Spirit for example and her switch move was a lot of fun to do, especially when using that staff that propels you in one direction

user you just don't fucking get it do you

Disgusting.

kek
i dont think you get it
you can go trololo build which is crit stick on earth shaker and you just one shot people with your w and that is pretty goofy
you can get dagon 5 on terrorblade, get really low health, ulti an enemy and dagon him

shit is endless and goofy. if you want to you can also try hard and try to get a high winrate.
there are players out there with over 80% winrate and over 6000 games
dotabuff.com/players/winning

i think you just suck at the game and it pisses you off

Sure user, if telling yourself that anybody that has legitimate criticisms against the game just sucks is what makes you feel better about wasting hundreds of hours in a bad game then go right ahead. Even though I explained it's not about winning or losing.

I've realized sooner or later everybody grows out of the game and starts to see it as it really is. You can't expect a meth addict to accept that he should stop getting high until he reaches the bottom of the barrel.

I'm done here.

so the game is not about winning or losing
its not about having fun
what is it about then?

Addiction. That's it.

Have you played since 6.84? A rubber band effect was added to the game; if you get extremely far ahead, then you give way more gold and exp. Hence, if someone has a major advantage, just dying once can almost be enough to make the game even.
What you described was a massive problem, but a fair way's been found around it.

If a game ever makes it to lategame. And even then, the earlygame is massive in deciding what scale is set up. A Drow Ranger who dominated the earlygame can be scarier at the 50 minute mark than a Spectre who had an awful start.

You mean the hero who is going to play better? You're right, no one can predict who the best player will be when we start out, but the good players are the ones who get those advantages.

what was your solo win rate when you still played?

Maybe around 55%, 60%.

proof if you would be so very kind?

nevermind, it's around 50%
dotabuff.com/players/91870395

You know that's the whole joke, right?
Tell me you know.

well
at least we know that you suck at the game
i dont think you can critique the game if you dont understand it first

alright user

10 bucks that OP is an underage BR that thinks he can actually make it big time playing at a competitor level and actually win tournaments. Keep chasing that pipe dream. Star Citizen will be out before OP makes any profit from DOTA.

just because you spent a shit ton of time on it, and you know all the mechanics, does not make you good, user

not really
already admitted i have low mmr
play around twice a day
thx for the sage though
back to your safe space user

Please consider suicide

The problem isn't the game, the problem is that you're all shitty people

I have fully accepted that. The other anons haven't.

Why should they accept that they're bad people? They're not the ones getting angry at videogames. Hell, why are you even in this thread, just to shit it up?

I'm not sure where you're getting that I'm angry at the game. I have absolytely no feelings against it, it's more like a blank slate of no emotions.
I'm also the only person that discussed the game while everybody else was just saging because of assfaggots.

Guess next time I'll just join in with the rest of the herd mentality if that makes you feel better.

Except you literally said so in the fucking post that I was responding to. You're not only a shit person who gets angry at videogames, you're retarded too.

Hey, hey, take it easy. I think you're alright.

I disagree with you on the game and feel you just got badly burned over it, but I appreciate your genuinely contrasting viewpoint. Nice talking vidya with you.

Maybe you should read better. I was getting mad at my friends, not the game.

Call it mad at friends, mad about a game, mad at a game, I don't care its all the same shit and you're just a shit person for doing so.

Good talking to you too, first time I actually manage to have a discussion about dota on Holla Forums

Sure user, call me when you get off that high horse and when you stop putting words into people's mouths, maybe then we can talk like adults.

Pathetic.

This thread is halfchan tier.

Literal child, please leave.

It's a step up from the usual tripe we get. What does that mean?

You're really such a shit person that you're trying to twist reality so hard that none of what you are saying makes any sense? Keep digging yourself into a hole and screaming at anyone else that they're on a "high horse".

i guess what dota is to Holla Forums is what jews are to Holla Forums

Variety is the spice of life, that's all. You will appreciate Dota a lot more if you play other games as well. It's like exercise - you get more mileage out of different muscle exercises instead of repeating the same ones.

what other games are there
most games bore me after ~5 hours

nvm thought you were someone new to the thread

q-quads?

?

?k

learntocounter.com/why-dota-sucks-prologue/

There you go.

I've seen this before, its some faggot who has never played DotA2 and pretending to be an expert.

he just a person tha'ts butt hurt because he keeps losing games

The thing with Dota is that each hero, when played properly, makes enough out of its mechanics that it can feel almost like its own game. That can discourage you from trying other games, but a good vidya in another genre will always be more in-depth than Dota can be. Weaver in dota is pretty cuhrazy, but it isn't as cuhrazy as Devil May Cry. Playing a support is pretty tactical, but

shamefur dispray

My fucking sides.

How about you express your own opinion, friend?

If we could harness the power of Dotafags denial and shit taste then we would have roughly the equivalent power of a Dyson Sphere. We could jump right to a Type 2 civilization.

isnt DoC made for consoles only? i only got a cuhrazy pc

im sorry

Well, what did he get wrong, exactly?

Why go for that when you could go for LoL and WoW try hards instead?

see

ты же не подразумеваешь, что это офф дубляж?

That's reversed for Gone Home.

u wot m8?

Gone Home and movie games are to us what jews are to Holla Forums
DotA is cancer, but there's Halo/CoD/WoW all of which are even more casual at their respective genres anyway.

There's a PC version, go play it

cyka blyat blyat cyka
report cd444c
The joke is that Russians are one of the biggest player demographs in Dota. Some are great, but the shitters who go to every single server and spout Russian while playing terribly are infamous.

i actually love playing with vocal russains.
its very lul worthy when they have a microphone. trying to hear them speak english when they are pissed off because we are losing the game is hilarious.

i actually like Gone Home…
just kidding never heard about it before. i dont see what v has against dota. its a game within a game x 111

I get a joke m8 but this russian Evangelion fandub rape my ears.

He criticized their favorite game is what he got wrong.

dota is not perfect

TRIGGER WARNING

but its the best game out there right now

His argument literally depends on not having played the game. What about that doesn't reek of bullshit to you?

He goes point by point on systematic problems of the game. You didn't read any of it you lazy nigger.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Convert the sheer delusion of this statement into usable energy and we could have a post scarcity society.

Which he waffled from never playing the game.

He got wrong on the fact that he hasn't played the game and all his arguments are based on ignorance. There is no meaning in pointing out even one single thing because there isn't anything he got right at all. If you think that posting a link to the article is worth doing then why don't you provide us with an argument you think he got right?

Give me a better game.
Name one game that has more depth than DOTA.

Today, I understand fanboyism

Alright you have no response to our argument and started projecting. Nice to know you don't have any opinion on your own and most likely never read the thing yourself.

In order to present a counterargument, I must first be given something to argue against.
What is yours?

This is, quite literally, an ad hominem. You can't dispute the arguments themselves, so you just go "i-it's not your work, so it's wrong!"

He wrote what looks like thirty thousand words going in depth into why the MOBA genre is fundamentally flawed. if you haven't read it, you should especially if you spend so much time playing a MOBA. Your petty dismissals don't make the genre any less of a disaster.

I love this nigger tier response.

You and the link both have no argument, that's the point. And you obviously haven't even read it or you wouldn't be defending it so hard while being completely incapable of producing anything that even resembles an argument. ID hidden.

…this is the farthest I've seen someone go to not respond to a series of arguments. You don't have anything to say about the camera system, control system, auto attack mechanics, complexity vs depth, or any of the other arguments he goes into? Is it THAT painful to read?

Just how many hours have you sunk into the game that it causes this much cognitive dissonance?

Top kek

Honestly I'm much more curious about your own inner logic.

You understand that you are not the same person as him. At least I hope not, I hope you're not so pathetic. People want to hear what you, the individual, think. What do YOU think?

I just played a game as sniper vs
Pudge tiny ursa aa and life stealer

Our witch doctor dced half way through so we were 4v5

Anyways we won after losing mid rax cuz I went full damage build
Was fun 15-6-19

My team was me, dazzle, chaos knight and alchemist

Why you think anyone here gives the tiniest shit about that would confuse me normally but you play ASSFAGGOTS so I know you are retarded.

What do you like about him? He's not OP and IMO he's a very stiff character; his right click is more or less all he has.

Shrapnel got buffed man. he was even picked a bit in the pro scene in the past couple of days

I'm sorry if I triggered you by having fun user.

Mocking your shit taste is not the same as being upset user. I don't expect you to understand basic concepts like that though so no worries.

Ok fam. All the best.

What is this even supposed to mean? Yes I am in agreements with most of his points. It, for all intents and purposes, is what I think. That's what it means when you agree with someone, you agree on the same conclusions.

I did not invent the concept of miller indices nor recognize the patterns that forms lattice planes. But now I do know it. But if you asked, I wouldn't sit here and try to explain it, I'd point you to a book written by Callister and Rethwisch. If you said "what do you think?!?!" That is what I think. You can take it straight from the horses mouth instead.

You can keep dodging any meaningful reply, and it only strengths the points. There doesn't seem to be an answer other than "nuh uh!". Which is fine. It isn't that big of deal to me. His points are compelling and ring true. And you can't answer in any meaningful way, so it looks like it's what's left standing. Which makes sense. He gave plenty of reasons for his conclusions. Your response is 8th grade political disputes, "Ok but what do YOU think?!" like you are going to make me feel unoriginal and thus change my mind(?). It's cute, but it makes me wonder if you are 17 and treating this like a facebook post where you have to save face.

It's a shit genre, the reasons why have been linked to. Dispute them if you want but you will need equally compelling reasons to convince otherwise. Not just little insults or deflections.

This mistake people make about shrapnel, is that they try to harass with it, you need to save those charges and blow them all when you need to either keep them from pushing or keep them from escaping.

I use it to
farm
Push out a lane safely
Blow all 3 charges when I want to nuke someone/s
Prevent blink daggers/ initiation
Deter enemy pushing

I think the secret is knowing how on one hand you're all taking advantage of the charges but on the other you can have all 3 available for a team fight

Always

All my friends who play dota say they hate it, yet they always play it and have hundreds of hours. I guess it's just the most convenient escapism. Like how kids watch youtubes instead of playing the game for themselves, it takes less effort but you still get dopamine
I feel bad for you op

I love the game itself, but the people are generally shit.

I don't hate the game. I enjoy it a lot. I find it very appealing how even though I've been playing for around 1.5 years I can still learn new stuff.

But in what team composition can you best pick Sniper in? And what enemies can't you pick him? I figure that if they have phantom assassin or a good gap-closer then he's as good as toast.

Actually not really. I always assume the enemy won't get dust which is usually true so I go for shadow blade. Plus you can always go for force staff and ghost scepter.
I think you can pick him whenever there is a front liner taking all the damage.

Everything involving the game keeps going backwards except the cosmetic shit.

The game client shoves you more adds, matchmaking obscures even more data, reddit's keeps on pushing shit changes into the game and you can't even enjoy the esports anymore (rip james) because some cunts got triggered.

Mind you, this only applies to anything other than playing in a group of 5 people (without a coach).

You finally realize something, that you're not the target audience and you never were. The faggot with a $200 armor with a neon-pink outline that can't play the game and breathe at the same time is. He and all others indulging in the same buyfag degeneracy are the one playing the game which you are a part of. They don't care about anything other than looking at pretty graphics and win every once in a while (And they will, as it's literally impossible to win less than 30% of your games), they have never strived for victory and they don't have to worry about doing anything else as you're there to please them.

And you will have to "play" the game with them, as Valve has ensured that it's impossible to avoid the consequences of leaving a match, or to even find out data about other users before it's too late. The matchmaking system is no longer used to find players of equal skill levels but to give them something to stare at for 30 minutes. Are they complete shit and on a losing streak? You can't risk them losing and giving up on the game, so you'll pair them up with a smurf teamate that will carry them to victory. If you win too often by displaying a greater skill level than most, not only the enemy team will be of a higher skill level, but your team will fail to have a fraction of the skill level than that of your previous teammates.

The interface was tweaked patch after patch -they worked harder on this than on the gameplay- to get rid of certain design "flaws" which allowed smarter users to figure out what was going on: Team positions were scrambled (Blue and Pink used to be the "lead players"), scoreboards were simplified, scaling of penalties for leaving were increased tenfold, dodging -that is, leaving before a match could start- was removed altogether and the previous methods for marking awful and good players were hidden until the match started and it was too late. No longer players could avoid being matched with those that were complete shit. Reddit rejoiced over this changes and praised Valve which should have been a warning sign on it's own.

Let's not get started on the fucking karma system, where you get matched with players by behavior based on your points (up to 9999) and one abandon would substract a considerable amount of them, enough to put you with players that shit the game up on purpose, but good luck scaling the ladder back 50 points at a time while crawling through the shit.

That's only for out of game shit, in-game there's the same half a dozen picks (support morphling, lycan, chen, visage, ogre magi or jakiro -the ranged ogre magi- forget about Meepo because with that hero your team plays against you 4 times as hard) that you as a solo player can always rely on to win until you face a stack of three chinese and two koreans, both with a coach counting their APM, while your teammates are new to the game.

The only way isn't playing with 4 other people, it's to avoid playing the game altogether and stop being another sperm in their epic player count circle jerk, Warcraft 3 DOTA was bearable even if it literally killed other custom games and this thing became an abomination where players in both opposites (good and bad) are the only ones that are somewhat aware of what's going on. They'll notice that there's always people to carry them and that there's always people to make them lose and see how a match was -excluding factors such as a player being affected by a blackout or someone abusing certain hero picks or compositions- decided from the start. Nothing you do matters, the only enjoyment you can get is from playing the game the wrong way and shitposting about it on playdota. I've witnessed pros single handedly win games only for them to lose against me the next match even if the game was effectively a 4v5 and I did nothing. I could literally play something else while leaving a macro running for a dozen matches and come back to 4 victories, but I won't as I managed to get out from the WORLD GREATEST'S GOYSPORT WITH 6 MILLION DAILY PLAYERS™.

git gud and you'll actually start enjoying the game instead of hating on it

the current patch has tons of ui options (even custom hot keys for heroes)
also i didnt spend a single shekel on it even though it gave me endless hours of fun and lolz + plus free cosmetics which i can later sell

just played sven cuz i felt like it and we crushed the enemy team.
even though i started out by losing my lane i ended with the highest gpm.
game is not rigged

user are you alrightie? Do you need a break?

Regardless, it's true.

I still play the game with 2 irl friends from time to time to shitpost in general and make fun of bad players, but that's as good as it gets.

I was going to make a post but then

Neo/v/ lady and gentleman.

Variety is the spice of life user,you're bound to eventually getting bored or burnt out of it and you'd want to play something else eventually.

It's also the fact that Dota serves a different niche in comparison to other vidya,which you'd like to play around with.
It's the best ASSFAGGOTS for the merit of being a fun game in it's own right,nothing more nothing less.

I can not comprehend how you expect people to read something so obnoxious.

Let me tell you something about this retarded nigger, he likes analyzing shit as in a vacuum and making a bunch of retarded assumptions.
Most egregious of which is believing that quirks that were originally unintentional being applied and kept because they work well are a con instead of a natural quality to be judged on it's effects on the game.

I won't waste my time on this shit anymore because it's fucking garbage that only gets unironically passed around by garbage in a hugbox who don't know their shit.
It's been posted before so many times in dota threads that I'd be repeating what other anons said better and most likely you have ignored.

Sage because OP is a faggot and so are a lot of posters.

Game has variety. 111 heroes to try and master. Over 444 spells that can interact with each other.

dota is good game keep playing please

actually, the only reason i can think of is because porn slowed down, but it did for lol too so youre kind of stuck
lol has better girls, but no deepthroat sfm porn that i know of so its a tough call

u wot m7?

And it's still an ASSFAGGOTS,you're still playing a team game in which you play different roles in and most likely you'll play with randoms.
It has it's own niche and nice variety in-of-itself but I would like to play shit like DMC or Bayo,maybe I would like some single player JRPGS or even some nice FPS which I can do cool shit in.Maybe I would like some couch co-op or play some fighting/racing vidya with actual friends I have nearby.

Burning out is an inevitability to all vidya if you don't stop yourself,Dota is no exception.
Jesus christ stop writing like a faggot because it's fucking embarassing.

I want summerfags to leave.

feel free, i dont mind you

If you're so cancerous you want to play multiplayer games in the first place then I don't need to give you reasons
I actually don't know what ASSFAGGOTS games are actually like, I think they're like an extremely dumbed down version of an RTS where you only control 1 unit

You mean just like in all MOBAs, 95% of the heroes or champions are complete garbage with only a handful actually being viable in the current meta, which will get nerfed to hell in a couple weeks to become just like the rest of the garbage, then some other fucking garbage champion gets buffed to the high heavens and the cycle continues.

theyre more like a "competitive" dumbed down hack and slash rpg.
the rts feel is just a relic from where they were born

Congrats on proving you know literally nothing. In the TI EU qualifiers, around 101 of the heroes have been picked/banned. Only 10 of them haven't been touched.

I can tell you only played LoL where this is the case. Try Dota instead, it actually has nuance.

Ok. Time to go back to twitter now, nigger.

Doubt it

Yes, that's why its competitive hero pool is so big. Because it has no nuance.

Play it or don't talk ignorantly, faggot.

In my time in LoL trying to figure out what the appeal of the genre is I'd be forced to pick a shitty champion just because somebody picked my main Sion and I was too poor to afford any other champions. That doesn't mean the champion I picked is viable, I picked him because I had no other options.

Winrates are inflated by pubbies,winrates mean literaly nothing besides how good the hero is at pub-stomping/solo-que.
Unless you mean pro-winrates which should be individually analysed unless it's some ludicrous number like 70+% winrate or some shit.

Holy shit, you have no idea how fucking retarded you'd sound if you said that in literally any other genre.

You're all gigantic fucking faggots, without an exception. This thread is absolute dogshit.

Take the time to read the thread fam. If I'm not mistaken over 90% of the heroes were picked in the last valve sponsored event.

Except DOTA keeps getting updates. The game is only getting better.

This isn't how the genre works, son. You gotta have at least 6-10 heroes under your belt if you wanna play properly. Otherwise you pick your main when they're not a good draft pick and so get outdrafted, or you're useless in situations like what you described.

I have favourites too, but I know I can't play them every game or else the team might have zero synergy. This is what we call having a mind's eye on a team-based game. If you can't play what you need to in any given match, you can't play Dota.

Noice

It's an rts on steroids. With a 5 stack not only are you concentrated on the game but you also need communication and team work.
When you're solo you need to understand positioning really well and how to take advantage of your opponents mistakes.

I don't have a Twitter and I have no idea how it functions other than the feed.

There is literally only one button to attack your opponent if you don't use the attack command.

Can you think of a better game out there?

DOTA is free
All heroes are free
The only money you are spending is for cosmetics

You should still consider giving it a try. Play dragon knight, he is pretty accessible for a beginner.

Where do you think you are?
Also you can win playing any hero and any role IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING

Bye user

What are your favorites? I like most heroes as long as I can play them mid.

DOTA doesn't have giant robots.
DOTA doesn't have shitloads of missiles.
DOTA doesn't have a top tier OST.

Tinker, clockwerk

They're barely taller than the normal sized humans.

Also DOTA has unique phrases for every hero and special ones when two heroes interact.

Bkb + berserk from ogri magi

Dubs decides what porn I dump

How about you go away instead of trying to censor discussion
#dotagate

How about you sperg out, get banned and then never visit us again? This is a stinking template thread.

Maichan Nichijou. One image per post!

Are you like the todd howard of assfaggot?

I've tried introducing friends to Dota and I get much more positive feedback when I introduce them to Juggernaut than any other hero. His moveset is straightforward, his high damage and snowball momentum are very rewarding. He also builds more naturally into a self-regenerating item build that doesn't need to go back to the fountain, which helps shake League players out of the fight-then-run-back-to-fountain mindset they're often stuck with.

Favourite hard carry is Juggernaut. So much momentum, plus his design is top tier.

As supports go, Crystal Maiden, Earthshaker for big ults and earlygame potential. I also love Treant Protector for protecting everyone.

I'm usually offlaning, and my favourites there are Timbersaw and Nyx Assassin. They're probably my two favourites entirely because of how much control I can take with them.
The meta is slowly starting to appreciate how godly Timbersaw is, with the recent reactive armour buff, and the entire way he sets up damage is amazing. I love when I perfectly place a chakram. I love soaking up shittons of damage with reactive armour. I love zipping out of and into danger with the timber chain. I love single-handedly holding the line with double chakrams.

Nyx Assassin is a lot more situational, but he has similar principles. I love landing the right impale. I love single-handedly holding high ground with his Burrow-upgraded skillset. I love whittling away mana in prolonged fights, and countering a critical enemy spell with spiked carapace, and scouting out an enemy for a team pickoff using Vendetta. He's just perfect, in my opinion.

What does that have to do with any of my points?

Keep trying.

CLANG

Let me post Kikewheels

Fine fuckin' taste. Don't forget For Answer, though.

But you're wrong, Dota has the ultimate Gurren Lagann expy there will ever be. Timbersaw is an inspiration to everyone in the eternal struggle against the arboreal menace. He could hold his own against any NEXT.

Windwaifu lewds, please.

If I remember correctly back in source 1 they used dragon knight in the tutorial
Anyways

Not sure how much I agree with this
Timbersaw is a fuckingn blast I agree
Not sure how I feel about nyx
His kit doesn't really let him carry the game, although he can get items for it. I just love playing the 1v5 role.

Isn't he just the Goblin Shredder from WCIII DOTA, I don't see how he could have anything to do with Gurren Lagann.
Gurren Lagann fans are the mecha version of furries, inserting their shit into everything.
The show itself is alright.

You know where to get it, right?

What Nyx can do lategame is crowd control people like mad and with consistency. It relies on consistently landing impales and disrupting the right targets. Int heroes like Invoker HATE his mana burn; just two of those ruin him. Aghs means he throws out an impale every 7 seconds, and with a long enough range that it can do a lot with it.
He's not naturally tuned for it like other heroes are, yes, but it's something that I just got good with and can do. The effort it takes to control an enemy team lategame gives an adrenaline rush that makes me keep coming back to the hero.

In Dota he's an ordinary guy. Until one day, his family, town and everything he ever loved was taken from him by giant, murderous trees. Since then, he has harnessed his fear of them into something wonderful. hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/1/10/Timb_rare_01.mp3

And the Gurren Lagann reference isn't baseless; just look at his little mecha. Tell me it doesn't remind you of Lagann.
I also dig it for the adrenaline rush you get when playing Timbersaw. Even when playing from behind, he feels like such a well-oiled machine when he gets going that he just can't be stopped.

gundam

Gundamfags are bronies.

I thought /m/ bros liked fun.

The only thing Timbersaw and Lagann have in common is proportions and that's hardly something that can be considered a reference.

Yes because high general winrates in Dota,an ASSFAGGOTS which skill ceiling is rather dependant on knowledge,cooperation and timing,implies four things:

In a fighting game you might've had a point but the but we're talking about ASSFAGGOTS,in which the large majority of the playerbase is playing solo-que in a team-game where cooperation is vital.

The fact that someone can keep making new accounts, picking the same hero, play 10 matches against complete noobs and then repeat the process to inflate the winrate of a specific hero should clue people in to this.

Winrates don't matter because it's not about winning or losing, it's about who you win and lose against.
If there was a site specifically for winrates above a specific MMR or winrates in tournaments only, that'd be a completely different story.

These summerfags aren't from Holla Forums they're from reddit. Can you feel the heat? Because I sure as fuck can, newfag redditors inbound all summer

It is multiplayer
You do not have 100% control of your fate (somewhere around 85% I imagine)
Deal with it

Reddit is cancer.