Remember when Square Enix was a company only known for niche RPGs and weeb games?

Remember when Square Enix was a company only known for niche RPGs and weeb games?

I'm not going to be a nostalgiafag and pretend like everything they ever made was a flawless 10/10 gem, but look at this shit! This is what they hold up as a representation of their company these days.

tomb raider and sleeping dogs were actually good games though, faggot.
Check em

Sleeping Dogs was okay, but it was literally just True Crime: Hong Kong renamed because the dev team lost the IP rights.

We can agree to disagree on Tomb Raider.

Square Enix stopped mattering when they became more publisher than developer. All their dev talent left, so now everything they do is pointless Nomurafag shit.

Crazy folks

As much as I hate his Gackt-obsessed emo faggotry, Nomura is pretty much the only talent left at the company who wants to make RPGs.

You aren't going back far enough.

Anyone remember squaresoft and it's great games? And Enix and it's…questionable games?

no

and when he eventually croaks or just flat out leaves, square enix is fucking done. i'd say enjoy things while they stay its current level of shitty, because it can only get worse.

They bought up Eidos a few years ago. Though at this point it seems like Eidos bought them.

That's the thing that fucking confuses me so much. They ate up all these smaller companies and now it seems like they are infested with Triple-A cancer that only wants to make normalfag mass market appeal games.

That shit a couple years ago where they freaked out because their reboots didn't sell a gorillion units makes me wonder why anyone thinks they are fit to run the company.

i like human revolution

If you look at the games it's pretty clear the development talent was all from square.

Beats the fem-centric moeshit nearly every other gook dev is squirting out these days. It's getting old. Your day is almost fucking done, moefaggots.

Weeb games suck now. They don't sell for a reason. This is one of the few places that likes weeb games.

Japan can no longer construct quality vidya. I'm not pleased to say that but it's true.

Commiefornia salt

What the fuck ever happened to Mistwalker, by the way? All the big name talent from Squaresoft fled the company and started their own. They were going to bring back the RPG Genre!…. And now they're making nothing but mobile games.

One of the other dudes who worked on a lot of the original FF games went and founded a new studio called Grezzo that's making Ever Oasis.

Tomb Raider was DmC level shit and so bad it killed the franchise. They want to have Alicia Vikkander play Lara in the movie now. Go ahead and google her with the word "nude" and try to contain your vomit.

The problem with those games -and I hate to say it because I'll sound like a weeb- is those are from Square's western acquisitions. Those are all the result of buying Eidos/Crystal Dynamics.

Think of all the IPs they could have made great use of. Legacy of Kain, Deathtrap Dungeon, fucking Gex even Pandemonium.

Square still puts out *some* JRPGs, but most of them are restricted to Japan and for the most part they lack the creativity and imaginativeness the company used to have. So long as Tetsuya Nomura still works at the company, I have no hope for them reviving any of their old properties either.

What was great about Square wasn't even the JRPGs -though they used to put out some great ones- it was the experimental nature of so many of their games. Remember…

Bushido Blade
Secret of Evermore
Chrono Trigger
Einhander
Ehrgeiz
Brave Fencer Musashi
Vagrant Story
Super Mario RPG
Xenogears
Parasite Eve
Tobal No. 1

Yeah i remember when they only made the same shitty jrpgs with different names that only sold because of the cinematics

japs are hacks

Publisher =/= Developer

Well she's not hideous, but I can't see her as Lara Croft.

Are you trying to claim FF is a niche RPG?

No.

Haha, what?

even Squaresoft wasn't niche

Agree on the Alicia thing

You mean square.