So I have an itch to start playing a roguelike again...

So I have an itch to start playing a roguelike again. Are there any good ones that are slightly appealing to the eye and with some polish?

I've been looking at pic related.

I recently tried Darkest Dungeon which got me in the mood for roguelikes again, but I find it to be a little too grindy and easy for my tastes.

Other urls found in this thread:

roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Berlin_Interpretation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No Roguelike is a shit genre. It is an amalgam of idiotic design decisions played by retards who think flipping coins is entertaining and equates to skill.

I understand that luck plays a part in roguelikes…. but I think a part of what roguelikes are about is preparation so you can negate or at least take a smaller hit from bad luck.

Want a key? I got a spare one on gog.

Shiren the Wanderer is a top tier roguelike and you can emulate the DS version.

ADOM has a graphical version, same for TOME and Angband(though angband is grindy as fuck)

I've played The Pit for a little while. It's a disappointingly simple game, but the gun targeting mechanic is pretty cool.

Angband and its clones are suicidally difficult in deeper dungeon levels because of explosive breeders (especially these with tunneling or pass through walls abilities) and mass summoners that conjure other summoners without apparent hard limit to their number.

Not really a roguelike but I liked Dungeon of the Endless.

I recently pirated overfall. it's a pretty rouglike with turn based combat. I'm not really a rouglike fan, but I had fun

the pit its fun, but it depends hevealy on random drops and knowing all the fucking recipes.

Play 20XX. It's Megaman X in roguelite form. It's on sale for $8.99 on Steam and it actually has really fun multiplayer. Pirate it for single player.

It's even updated frequently.

This. I'll wishlist it though to keep track of it, might give it a whirl when its done. It looks above-decent.

Pirate it, developer is a SJW

I'd be more interested if it had been made by any other group of developers. The clusterfuck they made with SotS 2 half a decade latter they have updated the game, for those who want to buy it a second time, but they still don't even have all the features they promised, its still a buggy mess and its still riddled with spelling errors their constant kickstarter projects and the suffocating amounts of smug douchbaggery from the devs on their forum is too much for even a dedicated and thoroughly autistic fan of the first game to stomach.
I'd suggest you try another one instead fam.

Stuff from Kerberos that is alright:
- The Pit
- SOTS1
- Fort Zombie (an overlooked gem, despite the meh graphics and optimization)

Everything else is either bugged to hell or shit

The character animation is actually more fluid in the SNES version, I found the DS port choppy - eng translation over at agtp

Gambling IS more entertaining than a predetermined result for some men, it's an evolved trait that promoted risky behaviour.

Ziggurat on steam is on sale. It's like if you take hexen and give it quake like movement and put you in a randomly generated dungeon. Pretty fun.

i would buy a game from hitler, if the gameplay is good

nigga, you can take "possible bad or good outcome" and apply it to a rat's feeding pellet lever, and you'll see them gamble too. It's deep down in our lizard hindbrains.

Why not pirate instead so you get the game you want without giving money to shitty people?

Want to know how I know you are not from here? Protip: its not the hitler thing

OP here. Only if you'd like to. My username on GOG is MisterFister. I'm sure you can find me if you try.

Ziggurat seems pretty cool actually. Surprised I never heard of it. Might check it out but right now I'm more in the mood for something non-FPS.

people will turn shitty no matter what, that favorite dev you love? he is going to drink the koolaid tomorrow.

What does that have to do with anything? Until they turn shitty I'll happily pay if the game they're selling is good, and after that I'll just pirate. If they get the message or not I don't care.

wouldn't it be safer just to pirate everything?

I pirate everything first anyway. After that I can decide if the game deserves money. It's the smartest way to shop.

how do you know the dev is not a closet SJW? you shouldnt risk it.

Thats some nice circular logic you got there mate, keep throwing that money away. No wait, even throwing money away is better because it doesnt end up funding someone that absolutely despises you.

There's no such thing as a closet SJW. They are by definition loud and obnoxious about their views. Otherwise how would they get to feel superior to everyone else for having such great opinions?

satan, please.

there a lot of types of SJW, just like faggots.

Because "they're evil so crime against them is OK" is what sub-human pieces of shit (like SJW's) think.

Why wouldnt you buy a game from hitler? Hitler did literally nothing wrong.

stop shilling your shitty game, sjw.

Teleglitch

By any legal and moral definition, yes.

Or do you want to re-define words just because you don't like their implications?

You are weak, your family is weak and you won't survive the winter.

Goldstein pls

Did you know that SJWs also make posts on the internet? You'd better not do that if you don't want to be like an SJW.

you want to know why SJWs have been winning big lately (and will continue to win)?

It's because of people like you who insist on taking the moral high road. You're convinced that eventually the average person will use expert logic and see that your side is the better side because they don't allow ideology to separate them from good games. You believe that eventually all the shit that's wrong today will get undone if everyone is a reasonable moderate person like yourself. You're delusional.

SJWs win because they only support their own. They collude and give money to each other and use prop-up awards like GDC and indie circle jerks to give each other press and positive reviews. And people buy their games. And the people who oppose them doing these things? Well they have to buy their games too, or else they're just as bad as the SJWs.

"If you kill your enemies, they win."

roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Berlin_Interpretation

NOW FUCK OFF TO CUCKCHAN

How can I be a jew if i'm the one paying for shit?

Get out of here, Schlomo.

Is that the best counter-argument you can com up with? Truly devastating.

Fuck you and the horse you rode on, faggot.
Don't try to mask your faggotry behind some grand moral cause. You just want to get games for free. You're a scrooge, trying to rationalize theft. Period.

"X is evil and wrong, BUT not when I do it, because.."
You lost the second you said that. The second you thought that.

And SJW's games aren't winning big. No amount of shilling and backing by Anita and her ilk helped trash get big sales.

Speaking of Rogue Basin, it's actually a great site to find new stuff to play.
There are also newsgroups, but I doubt anyone here actually uses Usenet.

True, but it's more prevalent in low status male primates

meant among primates

Because you're not paying for shit, you're telling other people to pay for shit, you fucking jew

You went offline just as I typed.

Strange… I'm still here. lol

The galaxy client is bullshit, do you have an email? I'll just send you the key.

I'm not telling anyone to buy anything, i'm saying that devs having shit opinions is a pathetic excuse for not supporting a game you enjoyed playing.

So if a dev outright said all white people are racist you would have no qualms about paying for a game they made? (assuming you're white of course)

>>>/out/

I know piracy/theft thing will be brought u. It never fails. Just like SJW's cry muh-soggy-knee, you reach for this utter non-argument (that is basically an attempt to challenge semantics, since you got nothing else)

Greed and justification of criminal/immoral activity defines your actions. Hence, you are a niggajew. Period.
Don't even try to deny it.

Just because you say so doesn't make something wrong.

Just because you say it isn't, doesn't make it right either.

Compensation for creation/usage/service is the most basic application of ethics and the cornerstone of capitalism.

What does any of that have to do with intellectual property.
Just because someone feels entitled doesn't mean he owns the information.

So you're saying you own something someone else created?

Yes, he does own it.
If Bob made a game, it would be his game. You'd have no right to it unless he gives it to you. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

You are again trying to resort to shitty semantics (hur, durrr….game is just information in a format, how do you own information?), because you (again) have no proper argument.

Dear Lord.
Fighting a SJW would be more intelectually stimulating at this point.

It makes as much sense as owning memes.
Next you'll tell me we should pay for pepe licenses.

u wot?
Its literally the same number of sprites in the DS version

Except a game is not an idea or a meme.
It is an entertainment product that's made by people. They put time and effort to make it. It requires knowledge and resources. You do not own it, nor do you have any logical claim.
Even for something a simple as a simple image - it's not yours to take unlesss the maker gives it away.

The makers have every right to demand monetary compensation for it and you have no right to have it just because you want it.

Weather or not it can be copied is completely immaterial and has no bearing on the argument whatsoever. It's nothing more than a diversion from the true issue.

How is the anime reaction image not something that took effort?
Why the arbitrary conditions?

It's not arbitrary at all. You are just extremely stupid.
The pepe images were released into the internet and were never intended to be monetized to begin with.
Games, book, movies, etc.. - they are generally (freeware exists after all) copyrighted.

Where the fuck are these people coming from? The only way to recommend a more dense lump of cancer would be if it were an MMO with microtransactions to boot.

So how can you say that when you use an image of a commercial anime?

Shills.
Are you seriously surprised?

You know what? You're right.
Didn't emulate shit but probably used my old shitty flash card - the goddamn DS port is flawless when I tested it just now

don't know if it's truly a "roguelike" (since maps are not randomly generated), but I'd highly recommend Brigador. the soundtrack is great and gameplay is pretty fun

here's another gif from the game

pls tell me you play as the robot, and not the people running from it

yes, you control the mech/robot.
you can choose many types of vehicles though: everything from regular-looking tanks to crazy Mad Max-esqe vehicles consisting of cars stacked on top of eachother.