NEO TO DESTROY PC GAMING

Sony wants to kill off pc gaming with the NEO.

What are the chances of this actually happening and how will Sony approach this ?

What will they even do to try to kill pc?

Rootkits ?

Other urls found in this thread:

please
archive.is/Uy41R
please
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lolwut ? Source this shit, this is too outlandish.

Source

please use archive.is/technology/2016/jun/15/playstation-boss-andrew-house-ps4-neo-microsoft-scorpio

Yea, it won't work. I doubt even the normalfags are dumb enough to buy the same console twice.

archive.is/Uy41R

Do you remember the RRODs?

Oh, okay, I saw that some time ago. It seems to me they're only talking about keeping their own customers from migrating to PC because of shit PS4 hardware tbqh fam.

I don't think anyone actually bough the same 360 twice. That was more of s sony pony meme because they were loosing pretty bad to the 360 and wii

no.
people did.
The internet is full of posts where people say that they are at their second or even THIRD xbox

Sony is trying to make a grab for the console market since microshit is killing the Xbone to try and save windows 10. Even if sony becomes the only one making consoles for "hardcore" gamers, it will end up putting them under more scrutiny and criticism from xboners who are skeptical of switching teams, which in the end works to the PC's favor.

We're witnessing the ending years of the consolewars, people.

If your 360 was still under warranty, you could go get a replacement for free.

OH SHIT

i was about to post 'neofag pls go' but then i realised that can mean 2 different things now

sony needs to not name their new console 'neo', it will ruin Holla Forums forever

go back to neogaf tho

Do you know of a single person that went out and actually did that instead of just buying a ps3 at that point ?

I do, maybe I just have shit friends
Also, just did a quick search
please use archive.is/forums/xbox-association-1000003/the-broken-xbox-360-discussion-help-thread-24948509/
People are this dumb

You're underestimating their stupidity.
If $ony just markets it properly they will buy it, no matter what.

To add to this. Was the ps3 really that terrible that people actually bought multiple 360s instead of 1 ps3 lmao

what's the point of this?
even if your games suddenly start running at 60 fps, they're still gonna be intended for a console, so the textures n shit will look horrible
dev's would have to remake and redistribute games just to get your console's money worth

due to the ram (can be allocated dynamically on the xbox) and hardware, multiplats are better on the xbox 360, especially sonic 06

Plus the PS3 had the YLOD, in a much minor rate but it was there
Also what's wrong with deviating casuals and scum from PC, if anything the PC being the most popular platform made it highly cancerous

at the end of the day, xboners will be too confused by all the drivers and video cards and steam to switch to PC. and keyboards! look at how many keys they have!

the reason console peasants stick to consoles is because PC gaming is too complicated, it's easier to just buy a box that can play all the multiplats and doesn't require anti-virus software and whatnot and then buy a new one in a couple of years when the new one comes out

if microsoft turns xbox into some kind of steam-like DRM monstrosity, all the children will toddle over to the playstation aisle. only that one guy who is actually interested in xbox/pc exclusives will stay with it.

I guess due to the assumption that everyone is online there could be graphical patches that bring the old games up to speed

There's literally plenty of games that only use a mouse
And trainers/cheat engine makes it even more easy
You are kidding yourself

So the ps4k will succeed and kill pc ?

I think you're overestimating their wallets. Most console owners also happen to be poorfags, and lack either the know-how or the resources to build a proper gaming PC. If the new sony console forces people to buy the same games they had again, it'll really hold the console back.

Thing is, consolefags have been saturated in the narrative that PC gaming is superior in every way by now. The desperation that FO4 faggots have in getting mods to work on consoles is evidence of this. In the back of their minds, they know that PC is the superior gaming platform. Microsoft is already trying to woo over the xboners with win 10, and keep and mind that while win 10 doesn't mean jack shit to people who have been PC gaming for years now, its a very attractive low-bar entry point for consolitines to get into almost real gaming.

PeeCee gaymen iz tootelly ded u guyz xD

I don't understand console faggots. One of the huge selling points for consoles was that it was very communistic: everyone had the same system and ran the same games. This meant developers could focus more on their game and not on optimizing for every type of processor/graphicscard on the market. Now that consoles are trying to keep up with PC upgrading, its splitting up the community and forcing devs to divert more of their attention and budget away from the actual game. There is no fucking point in playing on a console if you have to upgrade every few years, at that point just build yourself a mid range PC and get a new graphics card every 3 or 4 years. In today's world you have to own a PC anyways, might as well spend a few extra bucks on it over buying a $400 console that's obsolete before you even open the box.

I think the problem is that the ubiquity of PC's that can play games has destroyed what was the original advantage of the console: you didn't have to buy a high end PC.

Every run of the mill business computer can run most games. It is just where we are at. Especially the low impact social games that seem to drive the industry.

i'm not talking about the games, i'm talking about the machines. you have to learn about video cards and RAM and HDDs and SSDs and disk drives and mice and keyboards in order to get into PC gaming. with consoles, you just buy a box, stick it under your TV and you're good to go.

if console peasants were willing to learn things, they wouldn't be console peasants.

no, it'll just absorb most of the xbox audience, PC will remain largely unaffected if xbox becomes a DRM program and the scorpio turns out to be a PC with the word 'xbox' printed on it. that being said, scorpio's probably just going to be a 4k xbox; the console paradigm is all going to die at the same time, sony and microsoft are going to keep competing against eachother until they can compete no more. meanwhile, nintendo will keep making portables forever because apparently nostalgia is an infinite resource.

Microsoft wins no matter what but what will happen to sony ?

pc gaming is already pretty dead unless all you play are AAA western multiplat trash or sanfran clique indie games.

when all's said and done (at least after the PS4k has run its course, maybe another severely hamstrung generation happens after that but it's doubtful), playstation probably dies and sony has to turn their attention to all their other divisions

i'm not sure what it will look like when consoles end, maybe tablets will get more robust and controller-less VR will take over; there will definitely always be a market of low-information voters consumers who just need a machine that can run CoD and Madden and has netflix, consoles currently cater to that market but consoles = exclusives and no one fucking likes that. the market will eventually kill the concept of exclusives.

or maybe something else will happen, how the hell should i know

So you're saying new Walkman soon?

Near the end of a console lifecycle a handful of people tend to go back to high end pc's. Sony claims the new higher powered ps4 will prevent that.

But it's mostly because there are alot of people out there who are loyal to Xbox and have finally been burned enough to switch.

And yes, sales on ps3 doubled or tripled each time a slim came out, so I'm thinking that Sony believes that a newer console, with better hardware will get more customers.

My thoughts: they estimate that the xbone Scorpio should retail at $800. How much is to much for a slightly better console?

A lot of console fags are unhappy with this news. Some like it though. I personally am fine with the current 30fps 1080p stuff.

the only thing getting killed off here is you

Can't wait for the likes of Sony cucksuckers on YT to defend this shit.

PS4 is selling better than any other console they've done. It's a financial miracle for sony.
PC software sales are awful in comparison.

I don't think the point of it was to kill pc gaming. Wasn't the interview about "stopping people from switching to pc"?

As if pc needed more console fags, thank you sony

Yeah. He either misread it or was intentionally misleading.

On youtube? they'll defend it here. Holla Forums has too many grafix worshiping sonyggers

I'll name a few Sony cocksuckers on YT:

Its mainly because Microsoft will lock down PC I imagine. All those Win 10/Xbone crossovers, after all. Sony can't do that.

He is a cocksucker but not a Sonygger.

I thought he's a nintendrone like I am, but hates NoA

He's a closet Sonynigger since he constantly bring up Sony's business moves and how Nintendo should "emulate" it. I bet him and his elder faggy brother wanks about it every night.

I don't understand how "we want to keep our audience" translates to "WE WANT TO DESTROY PC".
This is kotaku tier clickbait shitposting right here on Holla Forums.

If they estimate that much, Sony are fucking retarded because with the scale of component pricing on Zen/Vega compared to polaris now. Scorpio's going to come in at around $399.

Sony made a retarded "2006 PS3 launch" era quote of how they are going to challenge the PC ecosystem to prevent people from moving to Steam and Sony fanboys are rushing to try spin it as smart thinking even though it's outright fucking retarded (Or tanental "But Scorpio will cost a thousand bucks. Sony always wins!" Even though a GPU that can do 6TF when OC'd is coming out at the end of this month for $199.)

Sony took a shot at PC gaming during their own E3 conference. They see it as a threat to the lightning in a bottle success of the PS4. They are scared because they used performance to market the PS4 and it's not delivering. Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne in particular are frame pacing nightmares. The Neo's specs have already leaked and are already pretty underwhelming

Expect Sony to go into full damage limitation versus PC over the next few years.

I see, I still like his Nintendo video criticizing blind nintendrones that attacked Operation Rainfall for getting Xenoblade to come over. I also like the "Fuck Mario and Zelda" where he pointed out that you don't need to like either to be a "Nintendo fan".

fuck off microsoft shill

The only way I see this happening is if they let Neo install windows 7, which would let console players play both PC and PS4 games.
If Neo does do as well as they market it to be, it could be a desktop replacement itself, and destroy the custom built pc market.

Though I doubt Sony's that smart, if not downright retarded.

What the hell does Scorpio have to do with sony ?

Alphaomegashit is already on some mental gymnastics.

CALM DOWN GUYS THIS IS GREAT. ITS NO DIFFEFENT THAN THE SLIM

HOLY SHIT EVEEEL M$ DEAL WITH THE DEVIL! HOW DARE THEY !

Keep in mind. This is still the same retarded sony from 2006. They only got lucky this gen from Microsoft's fuck ups. It's not like they stopped fucking up themselves . They just took advantage of MS fucking up and sony fans being royal cocksuckers .

It's amazing how much damage sony is doing to the industry

Sony is a self-fulfilling merchant-goyim relationship.

The spin is insane though. Neofag is now claiming they made two consoles, one with 5TF of power and they were always waiting for Microshit to make the first move so they could surprise them with a more powerful neo at $499.

If Sony did something like invested billions in two APU contracts then trashed one just because they waited for the competition. The investors would be livid at a waste of billions for a product that was never going to release (And the people behind that idea would be placed in the shame room doing menial tasks quicker than Kutaragi did). And it would be a retarded move because an AMD APU contract is an 18 months and the first six months are "Blueprinting". If Sony released a 5TF console. M$ can go "Fuck it" and gun for 7-8TF. And the prices will have dropped enough that 7.5TF using HBM2 at $399 is plenty reasonable by November 2017.

Sony is going full blown retarded again. No wonder Andrew House keeps comparing themselves to Apple. They want the walled garden and the retarded fanbase Apple has as well.

What a way to miss the point, retard

can chopsticks kill off the knife, spoon and fork?

only in asia