archive.is/5vf9x
Wew me lads

Other urls found in this thread:

systemshock.org/index.php?topic=8402.0
archive.is/KRX31
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The first trailer looked like shit.

lmao

Can't wait. I love seeing peoples childhood memories become corrupted. It's become a new favorite hobby of mine.

Reboot is a term used as a defence, in a case they fuck it up they can shout "reboot so its not the same anymore" and hide behind that.
Happens with movies, comics and games.

This was to be expected, it's going to suck.

How the fuck could they fuck it up to begin with? Just fucking remake the models and textures, and maybe port it to a new engine if that is really necessary. Is making an 1:1 carbon copy of the original so hard?

Chris Metzen please leave.

I'm confuse

Yes, because then, like the original, it would be a game for a niche group, what they want now is that everyone buys it. They put more money in but more money has to be brought back.

The UI alone is something that would make your casual gamer piss the pants, aside from that the zero hand holding will make them call the game bad for not telling what you're supposed to do.

The crowd that loves a game like Dark Souls for not telling you everything will hate System Shock for not telling you everything, simply because System Shock is not such a well known game to the bigger group, those being the casual gamers.

I did expect that the UI would change, but this article is a sign of something bad.

What's the point of this if there is already a HD or whatver version being sold?

I'd really rather they just patch SS2 with a better last third and maybe some balance shit.

reboot doesn't need to loyal to the original, so it can (and will) have
-massive cazualisation
-shitty gameplay
-cinematic cutscenes behind every corner
-fags and trans issues everywhere
-muh evel white men
-stronk and independent womyn
-performance issues
-graaphiks

did I forget something?

Oh boy, was I happy. One of the great classics done again in modern tech so it's accessible to people who just can't stomach the dated look and feel.
FUCK YOU
Faithful remaster would be great. Sequel or spiritual sequel, ok, could be good. But reboot means taking some memetic pieces out of the original work of art and constructing a bad joke around it.

>into something new

It's going to be shit and spit upon everything the original stands for.

Money.

I doubt you could milk System Shock much, especially the first

In other words, they realised that no one who buys the game is going to have played the previous games, so they're increasing the audience.

Opinions?

And the justification they put forth is passion. They like System Shock so much they want to replace it. Now that's an innovative concept, innit ?

Between System Shock Portable and Enhanced, we don't need a third version. So, I'm okay with this. Probably not gonna be worth it though.

Bioshock

all of it

gross

BioShock is a more dumbed down System Shock 2, which itself is smaller than SS1.

teaser didn't look very good

exactly

everything that could go wrong with system shock is right there in every bioshock

So it's going to be a Bioshock Infinite type linear shooter? Can't wait.

Why did I have any hope?

why would you play a remake done on a completely different engine with no intention of recapturing the original's feel, design, or for that matter, anything that actually matters?

If you want to play system shock, play the enhanced edition. If you wanted a remake, you didn't want to play the game in the first place.

And they'll call it System Shock so it comes at the top of every google search instead of the original.

That's one kawaii as fuck Schlomo Shekelstein.

Not everything. You can bet your ass they'll play Shodan as a tranny, as it was male in the floppy version before it became female with the added voice acting in the CD version.
It'll be CIStem Shock.
The tragic tale of an AI that went insane from the PTSD of having been oppressed by its programmed gender.

So they're rebooting and casualizing classics so the nu-generation and casuals can claim "gamer" cred and say they played said classics. What's next chrono trigger made as a side scrolling platformer cause you know anything made by those pesky Japs is problematic

Into the trash it goes.

Same, I'm waiting to see Nu Crash crash and burn. although I always hated Crash I just want to see the fans pick it up and cringe.

Also Crash in Skylanders and the audience reaction was my E3 highlight.

Why would they do this? They already had Bioshock

What is it with you edgy faggots on Holla Forums lately, holy shit.

Are you from Reddit or some shit? This is nothing

Of course, because you were born after all the good games came out.

If any of you expected anything not shit you havent been paying attention, it was doomed from the start be it a remaster or a reboot.

le rude man

what?

Reminder that Night Dive is still sitting on the source for System Shock instead of releasing it so we can just fix the interface and be done with it.

Seriously, as far as I'm concerned they don't even need to change the graphics. Just finish what the Enhanced Edition has started and it's good enough for me. I prefer those pixelated sprites way over the new "look mom, I know how do bloom" remake.

This. And as far as I know, this fuckers at the same time still didn't fix that CPU bug. I wonder what SS.org thinks about them.

They also have Turok 2 source-code which they too keep to themselves only.

Probably for the best in all honesty. OG SS had plenty of problems with its story and if they're going to be giving a fresh smack at it, a reboot of the ancient franchise will probably be better than a remake. Disappointment either way, but this way makes more sense from a narrative perspective at least so now they can play with the concept a bit rather than be dictated by the old plot.

So pretty much this is probably for the best. Maybe one of the few cases where a reboot is a good idea. Still needs to prove itself not shit, but there ya go.

The catch is that they want to kikestart remake reboot

Didn't they also force the takedown of the SS resolution fixes?
The ones that made the game look like the Enhanced Edition?

wew

SS1 is archaic to the point of being unplayable by anyone who didn't start playing First-Person shooters or RPGs until mouselook became the norm.
Not even gonna humour this line of thought.

Nice imaginary argument you won there

Don't play it then. It's just not for you, that isn't a bad thing, there are plenty of other games out there.

why did they make SHODAN look like Akuma?

Following the trend they have to utterly butcher the game making a shadow of it`s former glory, forever killing the IP for future generations

What happened to that Deus Ex mod/remake/whatever the fuck they tried to label thing? I just realized that it simply vanished from Holla Forums and everywhere

Revision? It ended up being shit.

Ill have to play the demo first, but this shit is shady and unnecessary.

Have people been pestering them about it?
Are there any licensing/rights issues in releasing it?
Just fucking ask for them on twitter or something.
Shits old, they aint going to fucking use it.
Still waiting for that fucking Exhumed port

it was shit

Might be good might be bad just got to wait and see what they change.

You know it has three to four different difficulty settings for each aspect of the game.

"Communists can never create anything good, only corrupt and destroy what is already there"

And the saying reads true once again.

Why do you use the term "IP" and not "game" or "franchise"?

Intellectual property.

Fuckoff with your semantics

Your original game isn't fucking going anywhere.
You can play system shock in its pristine condition right fucking now.
You can mod it to have modern control scheme or have huge ass resolution.
You can do anything.

But no, you cry like a bitch as your game was taking from you.
It is not, your game is with you.
It's just kids will get some other game with the same name, so fucking what?

You bitches are retards, and if you actually suffer over this, you truly deserve this.

That being said any reboots can fuck right off. It is always a try to cash on nostalgia, and never a good stand alone game.

shodan was a good strong independent womyn that needs no hacker! din du nofing! she waz goin to mantenance dat nite!
Male misogonistic Hacker mad her evul!

They mentioned it on systemshock.org once, see the OP of this thread: systemshock.org/index.php?topic=8402.0

System shock is literally goldeneye 64. For its time it was ok but now it is unplayable garbage. The only thing ok-ish about it is "muh shodan" but then again, it was good for its time

Call me paranoid but if you think they aren't gonna start altering old games like that, you're stupid. Look what happened to San Andreas.

I wonder…

Theyll probably release it after the Kikestarter.

Kill yourself

Does it even matter?
The game looked like shit regardless.

What's next, you gonna call us megga-ass-faggots and recall stories of your ebin trips to the creepypasta wiki while browsing e/b/in?

Sweet, it's always nice to see dumbass "videogame" "studios" fall for the fucking reboot meme and fill everything with either severely streamlined, casualized mechanics or gameplay inspired by flavor-of-the-month fads, but we just HAVE to like it because THIS ISN'T OLD SYSTEM SHOCK YOU FUCKING NOSTALGIAFAG, GET WITH THE TIMES, DON'T YOU KNOW IT IS THE CURRENT YEAR TWENTY SIXTEEN????

wew
e e
wew

Best thing is this game is going to be filled with SJW garbage, I truly wonder why anyone had any hope for it in the first place

What makes you think this?

Don't forget the typical sob story if it doesn't sell well:

"IT WAS THE SOGGY KNEES AND THE POTRIOCHS WHO PUT US STRONG GAYME DEVELOPMYNT DOWN WITH THEM NOT BUYING GAYME THAT THEY DON'T LIKE pls buy gayme :("

Warren is an lefty now.
He's also A FUCKING. TALENTLESS. HACK.
The only reason any of his games were good is that he had a team of people working on them. He even knows he did shit to make those games good, a quote of his: "There's a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person"

Why are we taking this as a given?

But he isn't working on the remake as far as I know.

that's pretty funny honestly

I played it for the first time a few years ago, had a fucking blast. It's your own fault if you're too shit to adapt to something. There's even a mouselook mod which eliminates the one major control hurdle.

Because the team making this game is infested with SJWs

I honestly don't believe this is going to happen. But if it does it will come with that same dull surprise of feeling your lowest standards falling even lower.
Surely they realise if they change the ideas in the game it won't be system shock anymore, right?

archive.is/KRX31

if keeping it system shock was ever the plan then they wouldn't need to reboot in the first place.

I said he wasn't working on the System Shock remake. I know that he's working on SS3.

Ah, I had that in my "archive.txt" file with the note "Warren working on new System Shock", it's my fault I check the article first.