BREAKING NEWS: MacMaster confirms US demand for $1b payment from South Korea for THAAD deployment

For some reason I can't find an English-language article on it, but Yonhap News in Washington is reporting that the US government IS demanding that South Korea pay $1b for the privilege of having the THAAD missile defence system installed there.

This will almost certainly be rejected by the next South Korean administration under the leadership of Moon Jae-in. Without THAAD, the US forces in Korea are exposed to a communist missile attack, so we are potentially looking at the withdrawal of US forces there and the end of the US-Korea alliance altogether.

news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=shm&sid1=100&oid=001&aid=0009231805

Other urls found in this thread:

freekorea.us/#sthash.EHQjQOAJ.dpbs
archive.is/SFV1I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh fug

mushroom_cloud.jpg

That would be great fuck these gooks.

Fuck yeah I hope they dont pay up and get fucking wrecked by nork missiles. The Korean peninsula bathed in fire would be a dream.

BASED Norks tbh

I'm a white man in Worst Korea :/

The irony is that while Koreans are raging about the US changing the deal, Moon Jae-in himself was in favor of reneging on it a few weeks ago and only changed his opinion because PUBLIC opinion at the time was in favor. Now that the media in South Korea is whipping up the Ten Minutes Hate against the US he's back to his old position.

Basically, "Koreans can cancel the deal and that's fine; if the US demands a token sum of $1b, it's an insult to national dignity, sadaejuyi blah blah blah…"

Still it is shit for anyone in Korea. This place is fucked if the US troops leave. If Koreans think they will be able to protect their interests from China and North Korea alone they are about to find out the very hard way how wrong they are.

Maybe I should be packing my things for the airport?

You should have left long ago.

$1b dollars is roughly 1/30 of the Korean defense budget, and less than 1/200th of planned indigenous defense spending allocated for the next five years.

These emotional crybabies are going to watch the won dive and foreign investors cut their losses over practically nothing because >muh 자존심

I think Korean millenials are actually stupid enough to think that South Korea is an independent country. Previous generations of Koreans didn't like being an American satrapy but at the end of the day they were living in the real world.

the fucking madman kek

In a way, there's something poetic about what Trump is doing. He's basically saying,

"OK you ungrateful gooks, all I want you to do is make a token gesture of gratitude. It won't even cost you that much money, just demonstrate who wears the pants in our relationship. Can you swallow your pride and save your country?"

Get the fuck out now you incompetent goon

Fix'd famerino

I have considered the possibility that Trump is deliberately asking for this $1b knowing that the Koreans won't pay - so that he has an excuse for a USFK withdrawal ("Hey, they wanted out").

This gives him a free hand to bomb North Korea without any Americans getting killed.

First, the USFK personnel and families will leave. Then if South Korea's economy tanks, people like me will leave. That way, there doesn't have to be any evacuation that will give the South Koreans advance warning of a US attack, or any way to object or try and stop him.

Which means that by the time the US attacks North Korea and subsequently North Korean shells start falling on Seoul maiming and killing hundreds of thousands of South Koreans, there will be few or no Americans among the casualties.

wewlad, you are gonna have to try harder then this.

Out. Fucking. Skilled.

Hallo Deutsch/pol/ Cuck, choke on some foreskins.

That is anti-thetical to Korean national dogma. How the fuck would them acquiescing make them save face?

So basically the options are:

I want to believe that the end-goal was still to cancel the whole fucking thing and fuck SK over, regardless of how much sabre-rattling it took to get them to take it seriously. Basically making gooks do the work, and us still getting the exact result we wanted, just with more shits, giggles, and excuses to fuck them over again.
Absolute madman.

JUST

Oh it wouldn't that's the point. There are two possibilities:

1) He wants to force Moon to pay, to force him to lose face. Because he hates South Korea and/or the Korean left, and wants to demonstrate to them that no, this isn't an equal relationship and you are arrogant and deluded for thinking it ever was, or should have been.

2)

Raus KC

If their choice is between saving face and surviving, they'll choose survival. Every time. That's the sole reason Korea still exists today.

jeb reverse sweep soon!

Pay up pussies. America first

The thing is, the older generation in South Korea, which has both a stronger loyalty to the Republic and a greater feeling of gratitute to the United States is dying out.

The younger generation here increasingly despises both their own state and the United States. There is a uniquely melancholy and demoralized atmosphere to this country in particular its young people.

They enjoy a higher standard of living than their forefathers, but are increasingly disdainful of their country's elites. In my personal experience younger people here are also far more likely to despise and resent foreigners whether they're US troops or mere English teachers like myself.

Have a look at these two photos from the recent past, one is a pro-Park Gunhye the other is an anti-Park Gun-hye demonstration.

The pro- demo is full of old people waving ROK and US flags.

The anti-demo is full of young people waving placards demanding her resignation that happen to be red and candles. If the anti- crowd were/are patriotic, they're not patriotic to the Republic but to the Korean ethnic group as supposed to it, which tells you a great deal.

Now, knowing the political inclinations here I'm sure some of you will be sympathetic to the latter group, and of course in my position my sympathies will be obvious. But the fact that the people who actually experienced the war support the Republic and the United States while millenials do not tells you a great deal IMHO.

And I wasn't cherry-picking.

Is your nickname in the states Daywalker?

All he wanted was to show us the turtles.

McMaster is a good goy. He remembers.

I don't see the issue here.

Checked

They'll get the missiles and they won't pay.
But every discussion between Trump and SK will begin with him reminding them that they still owe us a billion.

So basically Trump is utilizing the American Empire to act in American interests instead of being the enforcement arm of the Globalists?

Kys subhuman russian rapebaby

Does anyone else want Korea to get nuked so Japan will actually be forced to animate their own shows again?

The quality of anime has gone down since the days of Evangelion, Akira, and Patlabor.

I would be okay with Japan annexing both Koreas and China to be completely honest.

how does them depending on america for pretection make them save face? They owe us. Trump is using the indignant nork aggression to prove they need us. If they cant/wont pony up good fucking riddance we have enough korean cars on the highways as it is

But then they will just lower the salary of their slave animators even more.

Fuck that, then all anime would be made in Korea.

He also wrote a red pill book on the vietnam war. Just because he is a pleb on the jew question doesnt mean (1)'s get to come in here and besmirch a good mans name. Fugoutahea

It's more like the US can't afford to keep maintaining its empire. It's a perfect storm of a colossally nigged up population that is flat out uncompetitive against other global powers, a collapsing White population that is less and less interested in unflinching loyalty to a garbage "republic" that centers itself around their racial extinction, and the failed economic warfare of the past two decades that will result in the destruction of the US dollar.

Saying we should have been more aggressive to win a war for control of the heroin trade on behalf of jewish landowners is not a "red pill".

Fixed that for you.

wow, its not like ive been hearing this meme for the last decade

well the gooks and chinks would have to be wiped out ofc
could you i,agine how much anime we could get if japan was the size of china? one billion nips drawing their little yellow hand crooked and ruining their eyes squinting at moe faces for our entertainment?
this needs to happen, Trump will make anime great again

Friendly reminder that daywalkers hang on DOTR

Are you fucking retarded? You should have gotten out of that feminist gook hell hole a long time ago. Come home white man.

come on south korea
its ONLY a billion dollars to substantially reduce the risk that north korea nukes you

I love how Germans think they're being clever or cute by use of the word "Ami" when in reality they sound like a 6 year old French girl calling us friends.

maybe trump thinks those missiles are actually worth about half as much and hes gonna work his way down to 500 million bucks while continuing to rile up north korea

They really are and behave like children. Either that, or they are real, medically sick pedophiles.
t. German who lurks in the Deutsch/pol/.

Sad tbh

Hi Cernovich, how's it going?

Sag mal wenn es dir sowieso nur um die hweiße Rasse geht warum wanderst du nicht einfach nach Amerika aus?

So what are you debating actually? Think McMaster is a good guy too?

the US is not going to tolerate the capitalist south korea to bend the knee to the comunists, that is a mesage that would make it's supremacy tremble.

Commies win this economically war, so the US is going to strike back with it's fascist forces

What young people want is not important, once war with NK starts the fully controlled media due to emergency state will allow the US to brainwash the new generation

Damm feels good to be banned, you can't stop me mods

Honestly it's one thing to be unhappy about the United States and rightfully attribute it to being parasited by Jews (as Germany and many other nations have been victims of) but it's another thing to use leftist talking points but hide under the guise of nationalism to be able to sound like they fit in on Holla Forums. They're most likely paid shills.

I'm not saying he's a good guy at all. I'm saying that the Israelis often work more directly instead of using their proxy of the Saudis.

Get out before you're kidnapped by a North Korean special ops team, only to be used in a game of high stakes poker. Do you want to be one of the pawns in Trump's game of n^n dimensional chess?>>9831253

ban evading on tor to post such a shitty post is quite pathetic, I'm glad all your vpns are banned you stupid kike.

Fair enough, I agree with that.

Fucking lol´d

Sadly, this is unlikely.

Zeig mir mal die empirischen Daten, die uns besser machen als andere Weiße. Unser Land ist mit am härtesten gecuckt in Europa, also kann es auch nicht "der deutsche Geist" sein, den du meinst.

Wovon redest du? Ich habe nur eine einfache Frage gestellt und nichts weiter impliziert.
Deine Loyalität bezieht sich nicht auf das deutsche Volk, sondern auf die größere europäische/weiße Rasse(n), richtig?
Die White Nationalists der Amis stehen im Moment besser da als wir Deutschen, mit ihren größeren Freiheiten und wachsenden Bewegungen. Also warum schließt du dich ihnen nicht an und hilfst wo Momentum besteht?

Aus genau diesem Grund, du Pfeife. Hier wird meine Hilfe dringender benötigt. Wir kämpfen individuell für unsere Länder, reichen uns aber zur Hilfe gegenseitig die Hand. Das Internet macht es möglich. Du lebst in der Vergangenheit.

Does the billion even cover the costs of THAAD? These chinks should consider themselves lucky.

lel

They did remember? Then the good goys stoped them

freekorea.us/#sthash.EHQjQOAJ.dpbs

Could be playing hardball, price is probably negotiable

what does she drive?

I'm seeing more and more of this shit lately. Random fucking suspicious links dropped in threads with no context. Fuck off with your malware honeypot, faggot.

I'm still about 45% sure this is a guy I know. Initials would be GTH

About fucking time.

you can always check it through archive.is user
archive.is/SFV1I

I was going to take a full screenshot, but the page is very long.

US news says the exact opposite.

Come home white man before you are sacrificed to the 8 Goddesses.

I heard today that Dr. Gorka is getting reassigned. `3 weeks after K.T. McFarland. The Neocons / Kushner / Ivanka wing seems to have everyone out. Dement out at Heritage Foundation and Bannon (?!) being tied to leading the think tank (in no way a logical fit) would be close to the end. Obviously with Sessions and Stephen Miller in the picture, it's not totally bleak, but military leaders are loyal to the military industrial complex. Who'da thunk it?