OG-Doom Thread

Didn't see one in the catalog so here it is. Post maps and mods you're playing or working on.

Other urls found in this thread:

allfearthesentinel.net/download?file=m12-hdoom_techdemo8a.pk3
strawpoll.me/10426064
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=32392
doomworld.com/vb/doom-editing-tutorials/74073-vanilla-level-editing-lesson-1-preliminary-reconnaissance/
doombuilder.com/index.php?p=tutorials
mediafire.com/download/tljbs5qsabowb8y/doomiwads.zip
mediafire.com/download/dautbfzmc09v434/NERVE.WAD
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60585504/Alicev1.0.wad
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47494&start=645#p907694
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45550
s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03747158988112162632
pastebin.com/FaXAzs7s
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=49241
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Brutal Wolfestein is fun.

is it not a shame that we have to specify this now?

What are some good wads made prior to 2000?

I just finished plutonia 2, is there anything else on par with it?

wew lad
allfearthesentinel.net/download?file=m12-hdoom_techdemo8a.pk3

Return to Phobos
Fava Beans
Bak2Hell
Icarus: Alien Vanguard
Memento Mori 1
Memento Mori 2
Trooper's Playground
Requiem
All Hell Is Breaking Loose
Crusades
Hell Revealed
Eternal Doom
Dawn of the Dead
The Darkening
Batman Doom

Best megawads?

strawpoll.me/10426064

What all's new in it?

Anyone got a good hell or gothic themed megawads? One that keeps the theme throughout? Already know about Scythe.

Womancubus

Instead, I want to know what are some bad wads. In fact, not just bad ones, but terrible ones.

Almost anything made in 1994. There's like a handful of famous wads made in 1994 that are sort of decent, and the rest is trash.

It is. It's terrible and we need to stop enabling it.

LOL?

anyone know the name of this wad?

god damn the master levels are fucking boring

There's like one or two good wads in there. TEETH.WAD is fun for example.

Someone does.

Saw it on a zandoroom sv.
I think It had Boss rush on his name

Looks like Wrath of Cronos.

Wrath of Chronos in what appears to be an invasion mapset for doom2 (yet can't pinpoint which) with the monster randomizer that adds heretic and hexen enemies.

Why are you playing it in GZDoom anyways? That shit is only optimized for early (1.2) zandronum release builds.

Anyone else used Shihong in Demonsteele? She's pretty awkward to use for me. I get that her guns are stronger, she can dash multiple times with barely any cooldown and she can dash and start combo punching immediately, but not being able to spam M1 to clear all projectiles in front of me is kind of annoying. Any more tips to use her?

BUILD YOUR OWN DOOM LEVEL

Download GZDoom Builder
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=32392

Tutorials to get you started
doomworld.com/vb/doom-editing-tutorials/74073-vanilla-level-editing-lesson-1-preliminary-reconnaissance/
doombuilder.com/index.php?p=tutorials

Post your progress and share your completed levels!

Currently working on this, just put in the level exit but need to add more rooms, populate the empty rooms, and balance ammo and health.

what the hell is up with that pentagram

Hey does anyone have the link to the doom iwads? The one in the OP isnt working for me!

Any good melee focused wads?

hexen

i uploaded this for a friend but since that dropbox link is dead i might as well let you guys have it as well

mediafire.com/download/tljbs5qsabowb8y/doomiwads.zip

Demonsteele.

Trailblazer has a little more melee focus than standard doom, because your machete can be swung faster and has better range.

Does anyone have the 'No Rest for the Living' WAD?

Best doom megawads?

strawpoll.me/10426064

damn you for forcing this evil on me

Trying to download it. BE took all it's shit down due to petty shit with Zandronum staff.

Nevermind, go to allfearthesentinel.net for wad downloads.

Hunter's Moon is terrible, completely undesigned for Doom and the level design is shit regardless. You're not missing anything.

mediafire.com/download/dautbfzmc09v434/NERVE.WAD

merry christmas

it's only compatible with ZDoom-based source ports though, as far as i know

Does anyone have a link to firefly.wad? It's the sequel to grove.wad.

Thanks.

My laptop can't read a copy of DOOM 3: BFG Edition (that I bought for 2$).

If you are looking for a good Moon WAD try the moonman one instead

May Whiteopia grow larger and whiter every day

Welp, that sucks. Guess I'll just try out D4D instead.

Oh wait, that's not even out yet. I'm fucking retarded.

What are the benefits of using GZDoom Builder instead of Doom Builder 2?

Been playing rl arsenal+monsters and return to saturn x.

Do assault assemblies work, or are they broken? Have been trying to get a assault uzi to work, yet it fires like a slow handgun for some reason.

Arent assault- variant weapons just like that in RLA? That they fire single and slow but powerful shots. For some weapons (like the plasma or laser rifle) I can see how it could be good, but I have my doubts about stuff like assault chainguns and miniguns.

Assault variants are all either burst fire or single shot.

Made a couple maps. Please criticize.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60585504/Alicev1.0.wad

Whoever recommended The Island is a nigger.

>3 of the maps are the same exact map but with different monsters to kill run around

My package manager still can't build odamex for some reason. Life is suffering.

i moved that gnome all the way to the end in both episode 2 and left 4 dead 2
i got the 1 bullet achievment in episode 1

shit wrong thread

And the error is? Probably just a missing dependency if you're building from source.

its shit.

Could you go into details why it's shit user?

you told me to criticize it.

GZDoom Builder is able to make maps of all sorts of formats and is still updated frequently.

looks pretty good, you spent some time on it.

why

Bump

The pinkie encounter in the beggining of the first map is still pointless.

The second map is cool although, there are a lot of rooms where there's nothing but monsters, and no reward. Some of the areas are bit too large with not much in them, like that hallway.
The final fight was a bit boring, it needs some pain elementals/revenants/macubi to spice things up, as it stands you can easily dodge every projectile thrown at you

meant for

Does anyone have that video of The Trailblazer with Kickstart my Heart? I can't find it.

This?
Just search for it.

No wonder I couldn't find it.

kek
Here's the forum link
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47494&start=645#p907694

And oh my god the upgraded revolvers are the ultimate low tier mob cleaners.

Oh, I already have the mod. I just wanted the video itself.

Is there any mod which makes the barons of hell launch tracer attacks? i know colorful hell does it, but is there some kind of standalone?

Is enabling the crosshair considered faggy?

Only if you don't disable auto-aiming.

What about autoaim with no crosshair?

I wouldn't use auto aim if you have mouselook/freelook enabled

I'm using a laptop trackpad though.

a new infographic was made

I just realized the Revenant isn't wearing pants.

So I know when brutal doom gets mentioned it triggers the hate, but are there any other mods that have the impact and improved animations it brought?

Also, why do people hate brutal doom. Aside from making mahmahs ?

Smooth Doom

forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45550

Just make sure to go in the in-game options menu. There's loads of things you can turn on or off.

Thanks,
also, side question, how many of these, if any, work with Strife?

None. Why would it work with strife? They edited Doom sprites, not Strife ones.

I'll post this one too. I thought it was nice, but no one ever seems to talk about it any more. I remember the buzz it had back when it was released though.

Because it looks bad.

I figured as much, but I mean in general, but I'm assuming if you make a modded wad, it would have to be specifically for strife.

Yeah, considering they are Quake 1 level models, I think. Still a nice novelty though.

Threadly reminder that Brutal Doom's Sarge MkIV was banned by SJWs at Doomworld because he told someone to kill himself. He also said their janitors are niggers.

So if you're used to avoid the indie clique, don't fall for people who basically live off the dirt under their nails and would sell their asses for one day of celebrity.

I fucking hate he puts Epic on level packs but not Epic 2 on megawads. It is better than all the shit I have played from the Megawads section, including AV.

Speaking of Sgt. Mark, I'm surprised he hasn't been hired by any vidya company yet. Guy has his name attached to one of the most popular game mods in history, and somehow nobody's interested in him? Not even some shitty company from BR? He can't possibly be THAT edgy and anti-social.

Project Brutality is better anyway.

Disgusting

Reminder that Brutal Doom's Sgt. MkIV is a faggot that whined on his blog that id was totally ripping off his mod when all he had to go by were tweets from the private Quakecon reveal.

come on son

I mean, they clearly did rip it off though.

Yeah, but this was the point we only had anecdotes from people who watched the demo at Quakecon, and MarkIV made an really whiny post about it, which is hilariously ironic considering how much effort it took to get him to credit other people's work that he used in his mod.

And this is probably the primary reason why Doomworld got tired of his shit. He's not the first guy to get banned for that.
Going around calling everyone niggers and telling people to kill themselves tend to get you banned when you're not on an imageboard too.

The anecdotes were more brutal doom than the actual game, I can't blame him in the slightest for making that conclusion.

With legs like that, you don't need pants.

Hypothetical modding question.
Would it be possible to have a weapon whose accuracy is inversely proportional to the player's movement speed? Furthermore, would this even be a good idea?

I figure it would be a good way to differentiate otherwise similar weapons. For example, you could have a SMG that, while less powerful, retains its accuracy while moving, as to favor running and gunning, alongside a LMG that while more powerful, loses accuracy while moving, as to favor peeking around corners or standing still and stunlocking everything to death.

Incredibly easily.
All you'd need is a check in the Fire: state doing an A_JumpIf for velx/vely and if so move to another state where A_FireBullets or A_FireCustomMissile or whatever had a wider angle/pitch.

Anyone know how to disable reload in Project Brutality and Brutal Wolfenstein?

Because everyone agrees he's a cunt and a faggot.

Well yes, he whined buthe was not wrong at all. Was he now?

They got tired of that and they also banned him, among other reasons, for the Plasma Death Joke thing.

Reloading I guess, also the assault rifle spread.

Brutal Doom makes the game pretty imbalanced. The hitscan enemies deal way more damage and attack faster, and thanks to headshots barons from hell, hellknights, mancubus and cyberdemons can be taken out extremely easy. That makes some wads easier/harder than what they're supposed to. Aside from that yeah, most of the hate comes from the fact that Sgt Mark is an edgy asshole and steals shit from other mods without crediting them.
Just use project brutality. Does everything brutal doom does and some more.

When I think about it, the small bits of low pitched dialogue feels horribly out of place and forced, makes me cringe sometimes.

It's not my fault reddit likes to anally masturbate themselves with that word.

I just had an idea

Has anyone ever made a Heroine Hero DOOM mod?

I always thought if I made a really good doom wad, I would call it Demon Queen.

Been playing doomRL arsenal for hours, found no new weapon combos. How are you supposed to figure any of these out, i'm even playing as mechanic, but nothing.

Bump
We need more doom in our lives.

Other threads a shit anyway.

Trips don't lie.

BUMP

Bumpedy.

Bump.

lolno

lolno 1

lolno 2

lolno 3

You need to STOP.

holy shit that id

bump

I'm actually starting to like this map a bit.

HEY

HEY YOU

Do you play Heretic? Do you think the bestiary is lacking?

I'm making a monster pack for Heretic in Trailblazer, and I've already got a bunch of monsters in, but could use some more ideas.

What new monsters & behaviors would you like to see from enemies?

Some rules:
-If possible, needs to be doable with existing sprites from Heretic IWAD, or Heretic/Hexen stuff from R667.
-No hitscan attacks, since those were never a thing in vanilla Heretic.

I'm really shit at wad making.

Ballistik was my serious attempt at wad making, whereas Nukebase was me throwing a bunch of shit together and seeing what sticks.
s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03747158988112162632

Pic related, it's a terrible attempt at me trying to do spritework for some custom enemy.

bump

get

i suggest you contribute to the thread otherwise proceed to off yourself
sage for off-topic

I already contributed two maps in

not that I could notice that when you have a completely different tag, sorry about that

It's fine.

I've been planning on making a dwforums4 wad where the main character goes to 8/v/, only to be swarmed with archviles, or some shit like that. Will get to work on it whenever, will post screenies or DL.

Anyone else having problems with ridiculously high usage of cpu in gzdoom when enabling vsync?

He's not banned from Doomworld though.

If he made the source port it runs under and not just the mod for the source port then maybe, but as is he has nothing he could bring to a job since he writes atrocious decorate (which isn't a real coding language at all) and has a shaky understanding of acs (which is basically babby C.) He also got a lot of his ideas and resources for his mod from existing ZDoom mods like NashGore and commercial fps games, and even if his ideas were 100% original there would be no reason to pay him since they're not specific enough to be copyrighted so you could just make something like Brutal Doom without involving him if you wanted. He also has produced no ideas since Brutal Doom that aren't "Brutal ____" mods or "The original levels, but with GZDoom features."

So no one will ever hire him because
-he can't code any real code, and the code he does write is spaghetti code
-he can't make any applicable assets without base assets to work from
-he isn't even an ideas guy, since he doesn't produce many ideas, and the idea he has produced you can just steal for free
-he has said un-PC things so hiring him would be controversial

The only thing I could see him getting hired for is to draw in his mod audience to whatever game he's making, but even that is unlikely since his audience is extremely large for a mod but not actually that big for a commercial game audience, and studios large enough to have the money to throw around to hire him for nothing would probably not want to because of the controversy, and the studios small enough not to care about the controversy (or even want the controversy, since it would mean press) likely don't have enough money to hire him to do essentially nothing.

Looks neat but why do they all look like Undertale people?

Those are some well-drawn, authentic sprites.

I played this once but it was too hard for single player and the keybinds were hard to get used to.

Easily the worst fucking doom monster, even outside of a terry wad.

I don't know how people draw sprites that good; let alone monster sprites.

I got all of the regular weapon assemblies from the Test level that comes with it. I'll upload a pastebin here in a bit.

pastebin.com/FaXAzs7s

Got a basic list going because I didn't like the other one I found. Keep in mind, where it says "any" weapon really means any non-exotic or non-assembly weapon. Also need to add detail to the Plasma Infusion entry, it makes 7 different weapons. I'd also like to add a complete list of all weapon names and Unique weapon/Exotic mod effects at some point. And if there's any bad info I apologize, it's almost 3 AM here.

I feel good today.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAdon't have an AGITATED SKELETON pic, fuck

Protip: The agitated skeleton's rockets target seek better in the horizontal plane than the vertical. If the skeleton is firing at you from an elevated position it might be better running towards him (as long as it doesn't bring you close enough to it he might sock you with a left hook).

forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=49241

Thanks, but isn't using this cheating though?

No, using it is a spoiler just like the spoilers that exist on the wiki for DoomRL.
Or the spoilers that exist for nearly any roguelike.
It's up to you how much you want to discover for yourself.