Devil's Third Multiplayer shutting down, gets price cut

dualshockers.com/2016/06/24/devils-third-multiplayer-shutting-down-also-gets-a-price-drop/

Anyone else here expected this game to fail this hard?

Ding Dong the Wii U is dead.

They're still doing the PC version, right?

Wew lad, that was fast.

The PC version was supposed to be just the multiplayer. :^)

does splatoon have region locked mulitplayer like this game?

What was the story on this game again? I think all I remember was that this game was pretty mediocre.

No, Japanese players have a habit of destroying English-speaking players.

So did anybody here actually buy it for the Wii U? What did you think? I would have gotten in just for the novelty of owning one of the supposed few physical copies, but I couldn't find one anywhere around my town.

Bump

Jesus christ that was fast.

… I'm sad.

It was a charming but horribly made game. Tons of technical issues such as a framerate that dies whenever anything is happening, texture pop-in seconds after the level loads and crippling lag online. The single-player felt like a lost PS2 game that was spruced up in Unreal Engine 3, for better or worse. You could feel the essence of Ninja Gaiden during some of the boss battles, but 20 minutes later, the game would task you with fighting boring bullet sponge mutant enemies. All the stuff about the main character's love interest being a 16 year old girl is also complete BS. The game hardly touches upon their relationship, and even when it did, it struck me as more of an older sibling looking out for the younger one.

The multiplayer was the best part of the game, but even that has issues. The Siege mode, where you join a clan and build forts while attack enemy clans, contains too many design flaws that made it impossible for newer players to contribute. People would also sit there for hours and initiate battles, slowly draining a clan of 5 points per attach until either somebody from the defending clan or a third-party mercenary came to defend it. You also couldn't completely customize your forts in the Siege mode. Once you knew the layout of a map, you could essentially bomb a fort's command post from the attacking team's spawn.

The top clan in the game essentially consolidated all power and most of the playerbase within a few weeks. Even though 85% of the top clan haven't played in a long time, the amount of fortresses they built dwarfs any other clan. There is simply no way you can make a dent in them at this point. What they should've done is made it based on 3 month Siege seasons. Once the season is up, you have to login within a week to reclaim your territory and prepare for the next season. If you don't, it no longer counts toward your clan's standing. Also, all the technical problems I stated earlier also apply to multiplayer, in addition to long loading times. I could keep going about the baffling design choices, such as the overpowered flamethrower and rocket launcher, or the microtransactions, but you get the point.

Despite all that, it was an entertaining game online. You could easily go from fighting somebody at range with an assault rifle to engaging in hand-to-hand combat within a matter of seconds. It's a testament to the fact that all the good ideas in the world mean nothing if you botch the execution.

That's not true at all user all my time spent on that game against japs was bullying japanese mothers and children judging by the names I saw.

man. and I vividly remember people saying "nah br0 this'll be great! with this game, Nintendo will finally attract the hardcore audience!"

man… fuck the Wii U and everything surrounding it

Is this game so bad it's good?

Second question, what games are so bad it's good? I want to find some good/bad games too play.

Great 3rd party support there, Nintendo

PAHAHA
They fucking suck, nigger!

Rogue Warrior on 360/PS3 is a great example

Bubsy 3d

Deadly Premonition.

DP is a flawed but good game, it just lacks proper polishment and a higher budget but its by no means bad.

This except DP wasn't a bad game.

It was just really weird. Kinda like if there was a well executed B-horror movie that took itself seriously while trying not to. It's pretty gud.

It has everything people hate about videogames. Many QTEs, long drawn out driving sections, quest markers, large focus on cutscenes, terrible combat, controls not much better, bugs out the wazoo, among other things.

It's still an amusing and enjoyable game, however. Don't get me wrong.

rip Oatmeal-sama

I don't get how they fucked up so badly. After so many long term members left, and NG3 was a complete mess, I thought "well, I guess we can see where all the talent went".

But then Razors Edge came out, and it's actually mostly decent, but Devil's Third was trash to the point of not even being a cult hit. Who even had the big idea of trying to make their first game a low budget mutliplayer focused game for console only, and one that never had much a multiplayer standing? Those rarely last. They could have just focused on making Ninja Gaiden with guns, and that might have worked out, like how Bayonetta was a DMC style spiritual successor with a new flavor.

Razors Edge was still clearly a b-team project, but it's not complete garbage.

Looks like a shit Unreal engine 3 cover shooter with anime elements.

How incompetent can you fucking get? Talk about a blunder.

This is coming from the guy who decided to side with Xbox, the console that was doa in his country, for all of their games.

They had a lot of problems with valhalla studios.

And he produced some of that consoles best games so what's your point.

I remember when faggots used to be all hyped for this and listed it as a prime reason to buy a Brick U, and then when the thing launched suddenly all the "fans" went fucking poof

I don't think Splatoon is shutting down anytime soon. This game was hyped up then forgotten for a year or two then released with a whisper with a slew of bad reviews. Also I read somewhere that the game was in "develpoment hell" for like 9 to 11 years. The only thing that attracted my attention to it was the multiplayer and ranged/melee combat.

He got lucky and made like one or two good games, on the other hand, DOA beach volleyball is easily the worst game on the xbox.

It launched in Japan, but I have no idea why this shit isn't available here yet.

I thought "Just you wait, Oatmeal Cookie will show you how it's done!".

I don't even remember half the shit in Devil's Third.