Can someone spoil me this VN? Can't be bothered finishing it

Can someone spoil me this VN? Can't be bothered finishing it
And who is Anna? Is the bar real or did they pull off the "it's all a dream / heaven / hell" meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2016/06/25/throwback-cyberpunk-adventure-read-only-memories-comes-to-ps4-ps-vita-august-16/
tss.asenheim.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

a nigger
and it was all hell all along

Dev, your VN is okay but be more subtle with the shilling. Also add more gameplay next time. I thought I was getting into a weaboo papers please clone where I mix drinks in quick succession but it's just a talking simulator with a bit of management on the side.

I still haven't finished it.

It's an alright little game to play on the side when you have nothing to do, but I wish it was more a bar management game with being the boss while listening to conversations to figure out people's lives.
Sei is best girl

it's garbage and you should kill yourself

I saw what you did there

But yea, just finished it and I liked it. It's sort of like Devil Daggers where there's a concept ripe for expansion and wishing there was more, but it's alright on its own. I think it took me about 6-9 hours to finish it, so I suppose it's worth the price. Ending was nice too. Gonna look up some yuri now.

Where is the sex though?

Everybody's getting laid but you.

pay up user

Shouldn't the cost be included when you buy the game?

Oh, I see, so this is a cuckold game.

Cuckold would imply you are in a relationship with someone that sleeps around, which you aren't in one the game. inb4 you tell me it isn't.

People getting laid all around while you aren't getting any seems pretty cuckoldry.

So are you a cuck?

Seems so.

I agree. I bought the prologue version years ago and I've played about 5hrs so far and I'm disappointed with the full game. I wish there was more discussion about the lore of the world, instead of the client's sex lives. There's a few good jokes here and there, but the writing, characters and gameplay feels very shallow and repetitive.
Concerning the "gameplay", I wish there was more the of the cat girl (I forget her name) who asked for her drinks in riddles. More puzzles like that would have been really cool. The gameplay is superfluous most of the time. I suppose the routine of making drinks is thematic to the setting, but it doesn't make for a fun game. As other anons have stated, Papers Please has a similar premise, but actually makes a fun game out of it.
For the record, I loved Papers Please, so I thought the premise for Vallhalla had a lot of potential.

Ultimately, though, it just makes me want to make a similar games that's more about he world. Transhumanism, corporate submission, biological experiments, the digital world vs the real world, police states, everyday people trying to survive in a dystopia… In other words, cyberpunk stuff that Vallhalla touches on, but doesn't seem to think is interesting. I suppose what bothers me the most is that the setting of Vallhalla doesn't seem all that important to the story.

Stop spouting memes, friend.

So by this reasoning this is a chan is a place for cuckolds.

I wrote this game off the moment it's store page described it as containing "waifus".

I don't want my money going towards some meme-spouting retard from some third world shithole.

Also, it's another one of those indie games that claims to have retro graphics and yet still manages to look worse than games from the time period it's trying to emulate.

Seems so.

I originally thought the same thing, so I gave it a pirate and after finishing it, it's pretty decent
Not GOTY material or anything like Papers, Please, but decent. The memes contain themselves within references, but do not make the Mistake of Burch by shoving it in your face, it won't break the atmosphere. There's danger/u/, though, but again something you can ignore. If you're looking for a cyberpunk VN with a bartending minigame to kill your time, have at it.

I forgot to mention the memes. The demo with the talking corgis should have been an alarm bell, but I guess I'm too retarded.
This game has a lot of memes in it. Sometimes it's funny, but it feels lazy and breaks the immersion since these memes would be 60+ years old in Vallhalla's world. It makes no sense.
A more serious game with less memes would have been better, but I don't think the writer has the skill for it. Shame.
Fair, but this game was only made by 2 guys. I think they did a pretty good job, all things considered. The visuals are one of the game's few strong points, in my opinion.
I mean, at least it's better than Read Only Memories which has the gal to compare itself to Snatcher.

By the way, has anyone tried that out?
Everyone disregarded it for being a SJW game based on that one pronoun screenshot, though the Hardcoregaming101 article says its social justice themes are more subdued and less heavy-handed I know that place is ran by SJWs, though I had to reconsider even if THEY said it was

Fat tumblrite detected.

Yes. I played a few hours of it and was very unimpressed. The gameplay is a farce. There are next to no puzzles. It's all just click on the next event flag and read more dialogue. It might as well be a visual novel. There are a few interesting characters (I liked the lesbo cop), but the writing is nothing special. It does utilize the setting a little more than Vallhalla, I guess. Aside from some character art, the graphics are a mess. The view port is very small, even if it's mimicking a pc98 game. It's often feels cramped and, thanks to the low res, obscures details. Thank god for the name overlay for objects or you wouldn't know what you were pointing at half the time. Okay, that might be a hyperbole, but I still found it awkward to play.
Also, nearly everyone is lgbt. The game doesn't really shove it in your face, but it's mentioned enough times that it gets silly. I mean, having a giant population of gays and furries in NeoSanFran isn't that unrealistic, but still…

The most offensive thing is that pathetic excuse for dithering.

Don't you like checkerboards, user?
That was just a screenshot from google, though. I don't have the game on my pc anymore.

The dithering in old Jap games was great even if ROM totally misunderstands it but don't know why you would want to copy tiny view ports, though. This isn't something people liked from old games, is it? Even then, here's a random screenshot of a pc98 game and it has more space.

But you can't be a cuckold in this game, because you play as a waifu. You'd be a cuckquean.

Technically speaking, you're right. Women can't be cuckolded, according to the dictionary definition.
I liked Jill.

Oh, speaking of Read Only Memories, guess what remastered version is hitting the shelves next!

nichegamer.com/2016/06/25/throwback-cyberpunk-adventure-read-only-memories-comes-to-ps4-ps-vita-august-16/

Your favourite Neo San Franciscan thriller, now with voice acting and (?new) art!
oh joy

Let's check out that kickstarter link. Should be a giggle.
What. I point this out, because he's shoved in there between multiple literally who actors that have worked on AAA games. It's kinda jarring.
Haha, you can't make this shit up! So, he's really hammy? Because Jap VAs certainly are.
We just need Burch for the Destructoid trifecta!
Who? Let's look this up…
Ah, I understand.
Ahahaha, this just keeps getting better!
Wait, what? Is this for real?
Ah, top tier voice work, I see.
Alright, that's enough. Other highlights are Gillian Seed's VA, Launchpad McQuack's VA and multiple abridged series "VA"s. Sounds amazing.

Where? It wasn't in the trailer. They'd have to redraw the whole game for it to look good, though.
This is nice of them, at least. I wonder if the Vita ver of Vallhalla will be free, too?

I expected it to be cancer, but not cancer on such a massive magnitude

It's impressive, isn't it? But really not surprising when you consider that the devs also used to run GaymerX. It's company full of the Sanfran clique, so of course they would be friends.

Not videogames.
Not books.
Only reapprpriated matter. The wrong way to meet such. In doing so you only corrupt yourself and the parasite presenting such further.

Did VNs corrupt your ability to write properly too?

Planetarian was cool. The reason why I think this is a bad VN is because it pretends to not be. That annoys me, especially since it could have been a fun game.

Also, I have no idea what that last sentence meant. Please try again.

JUST TELL ME THE FUCKING ENDING ALREADY

It's time travel:^)

What are you talking about.

You and Dana literally fuck. It's more than implied after the drinking on the balcony scene.

This is a shitty meme game and if you like it then you are tumblr and reddit.

Not really.

This is a yuri game get out

Homosexuals don't turn me on.

Reminder that one of the devs was shilling and defending this game on a thread here some days ago.

It's not homosexual if we're both girls, user.

I havent played it but I have one question
is there yuri?

Yuri sucks its not pure faggot sage

The main character seems pretty into her boss. There's at least one other homosexual, and Dorothy offers you sex at least four times.

Reasonable bit of it.

Fucking gross normalfag tumblr shit.

My nigger.

Why are so many anons in this thread triggered by yuri?

Somehow people are so insecure that two girls fingering eachother is even too gay for them

It's degeneracy. I thought it was a bit over the top, how many characters were bi or gay, but it is a cyberpunk anime game set in a shithole bar. I guess it makes sense that it full of degenerates.

Anyway, I thought the game was pretty fun. Most of the characters were likeable, and the memes didn't really offend me. The Metal Gear references were cute, I thought, even if one of them was particularly in your face. The imageboard culture stuff just made me smile. It's like that thread where people found out about all the Romans shitposting with graffiti on that wall. People were shitposting hundreds, indeed thousands, of years ago. It's pretty in-character for some bartender girl who isn't living up to her nerdy potential to be browsing some stupid forum when she's not at work. It's pretty good looking too, for a 2 person project, even if some of the characters seem to be drawn in a different way (Jamie in particular looks like he's from a different game). It's just a cute, fun little game to get comfy too. The whole dead ex-girlfriend storyline was kind of unexpected and heavy, though. Very not-comfy.

If you go into it expecting an amazing VN or some shit, I'm sure you'll be disappointed. Still, I can think of way worse ways to spend seven hours, and they'd be more expensive too.

because it changed from
to

stop playing western games

they're one and the same if you play western (((localizations))) of Japanese games.

Because Holla Forums likes to post on Holla Forums a lot

I don't think many translation groups are that scummy (outside of the official ones of course, and even then, I'd imagine it's rare), but I haven't played enough mainstream VN to be able to tell

Does it really get that bad? Could you post a couple so I could have a laughing angry fit?

Nah, Atelier is fine. Aside from Esty Dee…

Man, this is sad. As a massive yurifag (well before SJWs were a flash in the pan), I just think two girls together is cute and hot. I don't care about gender politics.

WHAT THE FUCK IS A 17?

17 ingredients. Make a Blue Fairy (or any drink with optional Karmotrine) and add a ton of Karmotrine to it until you end up with a drink with 17 ingredients.

Oh I didn't realized you could put more than 10 of something in a drink

you can put up to 20 mate
you have to put in 20 to make a large beer

I meant of one ingredient because there are only 10 little bars

still 20, they fill after you use them 10 times

Just done chapter 1
I'm liking the atmosphere and Loving the music.
whats the story behind it? Indie dev? seems like he frequents one of the chans.

I just finished it and got the "Good" Ending
or at least i think it's the good ending but still, there was no explanation at all to who the fuck is Anna in it.
The game was fun, worth the money I put in it but fucking hell the money management was really annoying near the end and the unclosed subplots got me pretty mad that i'll have to play it a second time

Whatever, I did that with drakengard and undertale before, so fuck it, another new game isn't going to kill me

What do I have to serve to Dorothy and Stella to get the secret characters? I have no idea

also >no lain reference
You had one job, sukeban

If someone what to try true love it´s playable online on this site.

tss.asenheim.org/

I thought it was the seventeenth drink in the register

FUCK
Now I need to really replay this

how so?

Wait.. this is a VN? I'd mistakenly thought it was some kind of boozy management sim with a sideline in mediocre dialog.

def. not interested now.