Tfw favorite setting is vietnam

does anyone know some decent vietnam games? I know about vietcong my favorite one to date. Genre don't matter, I just want to shoot gooks.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/329650/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

EVERY
FUCKING
TIME

If you can tolerate CoD, Blops was pretty fun for killing gooks.

PLEASED TO MEET YOU, HOPE YOU GUESS MY NAME

that one wasn't too bad if only for the fact that I can't set it to only play Vietnam maps and people are running around with unauthentic weapons which triggers my autism.

I liked Men of Valor back in the day, OP.

did that get a PC release?

I remember playing that on xbox a long ass time ago.

I swear to fucking god if one of you fuckers says "it ain't me" one more time.

It ain't meme

Verily, I am not as such

The object in question is not accurately described as myself.

Rising Storm 2 is coming out but
In Country Vietnam won't come out for a while. Also the optimization for Vietcong is fucking amazing I have not had one problem with it so far.

in country vietnams still being made? I thought popsmoke dropped the project after rising storm 2 got announced.

the tripwire bullshit really pains me, red orchestra 2 is one of my favorite games and rising storm 2 looks amazing.

Thread theme

IT

AIN'T

ME

Amerifats don't like making games about events that show what a paper tiger their vaunted military prowess has always been.

It would be an objectively correct statement to affirm that what you perceive before you is not in fact an object which can be in any way or light viewed as the person who is most commonly considered to be myself.

Gonna take the bait. We pulled out of Vietnam because the democrats were crying about what they saw on TV, and on TV was a war and people die in war and this shocked them and scared them because liberals in partnership with women are retarded. 2/10.

IDs checked

(checked)

That's not to mention, the casualties were only as bad as they were because the government was preventing the US military from acting on its full potential. The last time the US was allowed to act to its full power was WW2.

You pulled out because the Vietcong had raped Saigon and majority of soldiers were not fielded
Any movement would've caused a shoah, so everyone bailed
Literally running from the battlefield

The retardation of this never makes sense to me. The jungle gooks have been fighting the war since 1955 and they had hardened vets, why the fuck would you have troops wash in and wash out and not use the army to your full potential. Why make the war decisive on body count then territory.

what the fuck could they do?

If they pushed into north vietnam the chinese would've started shit and then we'd have world war 3. If they sat around like they were the war would never have ended.

the united states wasn't willing to start the nuclear war over a 128,000 sq kilometer shit streak with a GDP of 15 cents.

Anyways, anyone has ever played Vietcong? It's a damn fine game.

Not invade in the first place
Or do a treaty and retreat peacefully if the balls were soaked already
A total failure of a war, man

(checked)
IT WUZ ME

they did.

the north Vietnamese broke their peace treaty and invaded the south who were completely gimped since the ARVN were worthless fighters, doubly so without all that nice american gear.

(((Why do you think?)))

Burning down the forests and salting the earth was what it was going to take to wipe out the Charlies. The libs refused to allow allow proper tactics to be used, and then bitched and moans when people died.

To be frank, we shouldn't have been in there in the first place. LBJ was sending our boys to die. The man was a monster.

Vietcong is one of the best vietnam games out there. Its a shame the sequel was a pile of shit. and the voice acting wasn't so horrible

No, but I know a game made by Vietnam

Crysis 1 on Delta with the enemy voices in Korean or whatever it was
Not exactly what you are looking for but pretty fun

Isn't that the one were the enemy has near perfect accuracy and can always land a hit on you even when you poke your head out for a second?

french indo-china war doesn't count.

you can tell the game was made by gooks though, it was complete shit.

But they didn't retreat, they were patrolling like tourists
Just waiting, strolling around until they got knocked
Obviously if they retreated the vietcong would've invaded too, but the blame would've been shifted as "South Viet are a bunch of hicks"
It was a bizarre war, where the only explanation is revenge, and i guess from nothing because Vietnam dindu nuffin, and being a commie while sharing a border with China is inevitable

At least it was better than CoD. And rare chance to shoot some frogs.

u wot

MacArthur did nothing wrong.

We should've nuked those chink faggots during Korea.

This is COD on Prozac.

look up the definition of gook.

Gooks are Koreans.

The only acceptable term is Charlie.

and Vietnamese.

works for me.

It was originally only for Koreans, because of how they say American in Korean, but no one's really going to call you out for calling viets as gooks.

They all look alike, so it's an understandable mistake.

Their behaviors, breeding habits, and appearance very. Learn the differences. It could save your life when it comes time to start mowing them down.

So let me guess, each type just eats a different variant of rice?

It's smaller things. Chinks attack in large numbers because they breed the fastest. Charlies like to use hiding holes and run away from conflict. Nips are the most suicidal of the bunch. So on and so forth.

For instance, if you're smart, you'll want to side with Nips against the Chinks, as the Nips will wipe themselves out in the process of completely destroying the Chink number advantage. But if you do the reverse, you leave too many Chinks alive, and might risk some of your own people.

lrn2race

Conflict Vietnam for the original Xbox is still the best vietnam game I ever played.

Charlie here, Vietnamese and Korean are same shit, only different look, different life.

Sssh, hear that?

what is it bill?

I think I heard someone, probably Charlie, keep an eye out Dave.

shit they got 8 ball, he was distracted by those digits!

Not really, not at all

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT

HEADS DOWN

If MacArthur had cared more about the rest of Asia, as was his command, instead of being content with just being king of Japan we wouldn't have been caught with our pants down at the start of the war. Then once we got our shit together, if he didn't arrogantly push all the way to the Chinese boarder once the Norks were routed he wouldn't have needed nukes since the Chinese wouldn't have had an excuse to join and we would have one Korean by now.

VIỆT NAM MUÔN NĂM

And that was the last that I saw of Dave right before I got surrounded by Charlie, I spent 3 years stuck in a tiger cage.

d-d-dreams die last, r-right guys?

btw op, Bad Company 2 Vietnam is rather lively and you can play on 'nam maps without having to purchase the DLC.

Just look for vietnam maps in the BC2 browser, those are the cracked servers

Wow user you sound like a gigantic fag

I was playing BC2 vietnam just a moment ago. I grabbed it for 8 dollars on steam a year ago and completely forgot about it.

It was pretty fun.

What kind of vietnam game are you making?

Strongly inspired by Loadout and BC2 Nam.

Loadout for the pacing and the action-movie dive rolls, BC2 Nam for, well, everything else really.

I love the setting of the Vietnam war. It's so dumb, yet so interesting to look at. And the music. Boy, don't get me started

Are you going to include it ain't me?

so you're not really going for accuracy, just trying to make the culture?

Pretty much so, altough some things are obviously consistent with history (e.g. arsenal, equipment)

The characters themselves are the sort of buff guys you'd see in Loadout, at least regarding the americans

It's way too soon to post anything worthwhile. Thanks for giving me an occasion to chat about it, though

And paint it black, obviously! /s

DUN DUN DUNNA NAH NAH

To prevent another Korea
if the US went full ham, then the Chinese would have lent a couple million men to the gooks

was right

SOME FOLKS ARE BORN

MADE TO WAVE THE FLAG

OOO THEY'RE RED,WHITE AND BLU=

AND WHEN THE BAND PLAYS "HAIL TO THE CHIEF"

OOH THEY POINT THE CANON AT YOU

OOOO THEY'LL POINT THE CANNON AT YOU, LORD

OOO THEY POINT THE CANNON AT YOU, LORD

OOOH, THEY POINT THE CANNON AT YOU, LORD

IT AIN'T ME

IT AIN'T ME

THAT'S NOT ME

I AIN'T NO SENATOR'S SON, SON

at least it's not Paint it black

try The Lost Patrol for the Amiga

huh, I actually hadn't heard of that one.

Ever played NAM, OP?

store.steampowered.com/app/329650/

My dad used to play that one actually.

Is it made in the build engine?

yep. It's way too harsh at times, but it's decent bit of fun

What game allows me to be a door gunner?

Cawwaduty always had it. Far Cry 3 had a door gunner finale that was OK, but it didn't have a minigun. Don't know how it was in multiplayer, but Bad Company 2 had really fun door gunner moments, with destructable cover and a really solid BRRRRRRT going on throughout.

It's called Star Spangled Eyes you moron.

No you dumbass it's called OOO THEY'RE RED WHITE AND BLUE

Fighting against nazi scraps and nuking island nation is using full potential! Getting ass kicked by jungle monkeys? W-we were not using full potential!

what did he mean by this?

Men of Valor on PC was really good. Plus, if you die in a mission, your CO writes a letter that you get to read to your family about your death. It's different in every mission.

VIETNAM FUCKING SHITS

He meant go back to Holla Forums