Features that make you instantly fall in love with the game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9AbtCxDQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i can only wish…

What game is this? Sounds too good to be true.

Lost Planet 2, 5 buckaridoos on steam go get it now nigger, 4 player co-op

only thing that made me play through fallout 3, NV and 4 were the dismemberment

Why don't people make use of these features more often is beyond me.

- using the same buff spell that stacks on top of the other.
- classes that can combine system
- being able to repeat an RPG with all abilities, and not just putting you back to lvl 1 with a ton of money.
- being able to repeat missions and being able to get the best items/most reward money from it
- you can upgrade any weapon and shield to an infinite amount
- Action games or RPG games where you can kill all enemies including the Final boss in 1 hit. It only matters you gud you are or what strategy you used.

The PC multiplay alive? I had it for 360 and it was in the "dying" stage years ago.

customization. any game with lots of aesthetic customization gives me a tight lil boner.

I'll probably get shit for this but

something like Okage, I don't know what its called exactly but I love it

also paper mario ttyd's doopliss level is related to that

(doesn't have to strictly be a setting but anything unique makes my dick hard)

also LAN without connecting to servers

>YOU CAN HIT THEM WITH THEIR CHOPPED OFF LIMBS

I don't remember what game this was, but it made my dick diamonds

metal fatigue also lets your mechs reuse parts from other mechs they find on the ground

Tallbirds?

Speaking about Lost Planet 2. Can I still play that online on PC? I know it used GFWL back in the day.

I always shed a tear when this game is mentioned.
Shame it's almost impossible to get running correctly on modern systems

i got it running mostly fine, except that the sound randomly chooses whether it should play or not
what a shame
also the resolution options are a bit lacking

Yes, never managed to get the sound working correctly on win7 either. Might just have to end up using an old leftover pc for it.

I was thinking of Monster Hunter

So much cool shit you can do in that game with the grappling hook, only Just cause 2 comes close and I'd say LP2 still has more. Too bad we didn't get a proper sequel, i'd have loved a version with AI allies that actually perform co-op actions so you can play it solo without being gimped.

I remember getting it to work perfectly on win7 years ago, but i don't remember how. Was it the glide wrapper? Anyway, it's definitely feasible.

A mostly forgotten game that would have been as popular as Homeworld with a little more polish.

So few games do this right. Dragon's Dogma and Phantasy Star Online 2 are the only games I can think of offhand that are creative enough to make magic something other than a roman candle on steroids.

It's pretty fucking dead, mainly because it uses GFWL, but it still functions. You just have to find a group to play with.

An MMO with no quests and you can do whatever you want.

Don't diss empty GFWL, while it is probably because there are like 5 people on the servers, it works fast as fuck and flawlessly now. Played through LP2 with 3 friends a pair of months ago and GFWL worked great, to the surprise of everyone.

That said if you intend to play you better have friends because the online is dead, though there are steam groups organizing to play every now and then.

Also when I played with aforementioned friends one guy did join our match, but I had to kick him since we were full. I feel terrible, dude had probably been trying to find someone to play with for ages.

My dick is already so hard for that game, don't disappoint me, Nintendo

I almost bought it

Lost Planet 2 is the shit. I still play it with my pals and have a ball, like Monster Hunter in space.

Okage is a great game and a missed gem.

what game?

How about dark messiah? It was still pretty standard magic, but they made it work really creatively with the enviroment.

It's so sad only Spider-Man and Bionic Commando do it. And most of the time the Spider-Man games don't do this.

please good let the new Spider-Man game do this and not sick. I need my fix

Lost Planet 2 was fun. 3 ruined the series.

I will never stop loving Toddposts

Sounds interesting.

why don't more games use physics shenanigans in their combat?

Because "Journalists" started to complain about how the game was just about kicking things.

I miss Lufia II.

Agreed

I want to slut up all the characters.

what do you mean by BOOKS?

In-game books I can read.
Especially if they're long and explain the universe of the game.

kinda like the books in TES?
yeah i love that shit too.

Precisely, but I want something even more autistic.
Imagine: books in the language of in-game races that you get to translate.

Myst 4?

I know what I'm putting on my "To Get" list, then.

easy not evil lol

USA daytime?

2am germany

going to stay up all night tbh

pic related

Try minecraft with thaumcraft, and something like Grimoire of Gaia to add strong monsters to use your spells on.

Why even live?

I've only seen seen Bastion and Bioshock Infinite use this but god damn, mah dik

it was literally the only good thing about infinite

I like playing dress up

customization of*
fuck I need to take a nap or something

The best feature for me though is…

fuck off overwatch fag

fuck off DOTA fag

Okay Fabio, you should come out of the closet already, aint fooling nobody

fuck off Mortal Kombat fag

gotem

ay thats cool

waifus are… okay

does Zombies' perk system count
(Juggernog, Widow's Wine, Deadshot Daiquiri etc.)

When I played Streets of rage 2 and DMC 3 and seen boss fights come back I feel the game is respecting my skills and it's nice to feel that.

How many do this? There seem to be mainly flyan and robutt games, but I feel like it happens a fair bit in shooters too.

Divinity OS actually lets you do this. It's my favorite part of the entire game. Level up strength and you can throw shit and trick AI into immediate death.

Well besides the use the bag as a weapon part. That would be too hilarious

Bullshit.
Lost Planet 2 is great.

Arma 3 has all of these.

THIS

There aren't enough games with full on /u/

WE NEED MORE!!!

aw come one, guy.
don't be like that

Being able to freeze enemies into statues and smash them to pieces.

Throwing enemies off of high places complete with terrified screaming

It's yuri, so they're not tumblr lesbians or bulldyke rugmunchers, but the cute kind that don't exist in reality. the p/u/re types.

Real lesbians are disgusting and mostly human trash user.
I don't mind a bit of yuri in my chingchong cartoons but you should get your dick out of your ass.

well, I mostly agree that rl gays are fat and ugly,, but one out of a million of real dykes can be cute.

Great, thread is ruined.

You're all cancer and I hope you get a venereal disease.

Great contribution. I'm sure that was more important than posting something related to the OP instead.

no u

What?

Weirdly enough, most games that do this are really good.
Not that I'm complaining.

wow rude

2D = ok

3DPD = please we're trying to discuss things here.

/u/ is pretty boring in most cases

Lad.
I'm sorry but 3D lesbians are cancer.
2D ones are mostly too but not as much.

Dwarf fortress adventure mode takes this to a whole new level. If you find a coffin, chest, or minecart made of a really heavy material like gold, lead, or god help us all platinum, you can stuff it full of items to the point where it's so heavy that a single swing will instantly destroy anything it touches. I once made a full suit of adamantine armour and a platinum coffin in dwarf mode, visited the fort with my adventurer to pick them up, and then visited villages and fortresses killing everyone I saw. Each corpse would go into the coffin making it even heavier and even more deadly. It got to the point where it was so heavy that for each square I moved or each swing I did the enemy could do about 20 attacks, but it didn't matter because nothing they had could pierce adamantine, and nothing they had could come close to stopping a platinum coffin with hundred corpses inside it.

.Has a configuration file for graphical settings which offers all variables as changable to preference
.:Is a story not propaganda, made not knowing what will happen next and taken as far as the devs could handle or to a good ending
..:Uses graphical optimisations
…:Facilitates importing of models and changing in game ones
….:Open world
…..:Choices change story dramatically and not predictably
……:Soothing music eg: Erytt Village
…….:The girl is essentially Morrigan, eg Dragon Age, Bound by Flame, Mass Effect 2
……..:Option to kill and oppose students, if tey are present
………:A faction of good guys and they don't torture
……….:Religion never mentioned or displayed
………..: All designs complex and with love/investment, suited to something
…………: If guns then with flawless long reloading, aiming, clearing and cocking animations, done not demonstrated. By that I mean things are done weary if fucking up, careful and slightly human, not some robot show off.
.Music doesn't change during tension. No change if style. A whole landscape taken into consideration. Shouldn't be paying attention to music it just building the world too.
.: Good dialogue, not lots of it.
..: No cutscenes, things happen around you, learn to make them dramatic, you too being something going on, or be in awe, eg Dead Space
…: Minimal loading screens then a new location, fill the blanks yourself or they are not important eg Kane & Lynch
….: Introduces new techniques or new high standards eg The Last of Us, Shadow of the Colloseus
…..: Can be played just to look around and somewhat made to eg ICO and SOTC, K&L… all good games
……: Looking around and knowing the landscape is integral to progress, can't do things on autopilot
…….: Ability to assign repetitious things or anything to autopilot, and di what you want to, eg fast forward fly a low detail path, plane flying that then go to weapon aiming or misile flying, the same perhaps then go to on foot assaulting or surviving. eg Final Fantasy XII
.Unplayable to traitors, not able to be played via guides, not catering to skill levels, just good, something they'll take credit for and ascociation with but be barred from enjoying. Multiplayer with it only for similar people focused on the game not themselves.
.: Lack of advertising, critics don't touch it, made to do things right, performance for that
..: No token characters, any race is fine but no asians in medieval games, no otherwise in ninja games, fantasy has fantasy characters not representations of todays parasites.
…: Aiming and user input the highest priority, no stutter of character or gun
….: Many frames of animation and those realistically interacting with the world.
…..: Don't kill or die easily
……: Inventory management requires decisions of playstyle and factors into play dramatically eg Deus Ex
…….: Grinding if present is relevant to methods performed eg Morrowind
.No annoying voices. Use good voices, not voice actors unless they are Michael Ironside Tier.
.: Areas have distinct area specific themes, that aren't found elsewhere, eg Christmass level in Banjo Kazooie
..: Enemy shown as human even if alien. Doing things for reasons, understandable desperation, greed and need
…: A way to progress without killing them
….: A way to progress making best use of weapons
…..: Total war way of progress
……: Factions are all right
…….: The story progression of looking after all factions, for completists is the hardest and a kind of secret, player having to try much harder eg First Level of Deus Ex
.Secrets are subtle extremely missable, need to learn how to look
..: Venrebility can stay so in your presence, isn't just an urged opportunity to kill or exploit
…: Compassion has more complex continuation, more problems and influences a game later in, not nescesrily for the better
….: Love at first sight isn't taken lightly
…..: Loyalty is hard, temptations abound, loyalties go against eachother, others rely on you to make it work, maybe expect you not to make preferences and allow their uninhibited output
……: You can help for free with no reward eg Planescape Torment
. Are treated as the bad guy, even by those you are helping, not just a scapegoat but one of a faction that as hurt them in the past and shouldn't be trusted, doing so or taking help from you like a trap to them, costly
..: People treating you as hope, needing it from any source, not dissapointing them and in being their superman they help you, are encouraged and inspired to help others, or confused but aware that terrorism against them has alternatives which can be made, set an example

I thought GFWL was dead. I know it's not on Dark Souls anymore.

That's my favourite part about wrestling games. I couldn't give a fuck about the actual wrestlers, I just want to make stupid characters and have them fight.

. Understandble betrayal, option to keep loyalty to them, even if they remain against you
..: Option to choose girl over everything else
…: Impossible difficulty, progress is luck and cheating, not following the rules anyway
….: Dialogue you are not a part of
…..: Npcs going about their lives without any relevance to you
……: Npcs with self respect
…….: Get told to fuck off in variious ways if you have nothing for them to say to you or need nothing from you, or don't like you, same seeminly clutter npcs later tasking you with things or providing help, or not. Try is the only way to find out, too much to do to try everything.
……..: A lot to do if stuck, like talk to npcs
.Sexy girls
..: Innocent girls
…: Nude mods

Books doesn't equal uni.
Unis deplete libraries of books and fill them with shit.

Star Ocean 2 will always be my PS1 Waifu

Star Ocean 2 again

you can salvage parts for mechs and kick pilots out of mechs in the Front Mission games

Tribes Vengance

going fast with a grappling hook was sweet

Dude seriously, Minecraft with mods
The magic gets about as autistic as you would expect, and all the best mods have books, though they normally only function as in-game wikis

Baldur's gate 1 and Baldurs gate 2

in my earliest runs of BG1 I would read fucking everything

Libraries were like candy

BG2 I started a fucking book collection with the scroll cases

PLAY THEM

also the magic selection is pretty robust, I suggest fighter mage or even a cleric mage if your big hardon is for magic, but definitely mage because spell sequencer is pimp with stuff like tripple fireball

.Game is gritty realistic or entirely fantastic nothing in between
.: World is strange
..: Exploration, way to next place is a secret found or at the end of loking around somewhere eg start of Unreal
…: The trick you stumble accross is the technique required later on. Eg Diddy Kong Country 2
….: Animals, oblivious too you, fleeing from you, startled by your noise, curious and uncertain then however you treat them how they react afterwards.
…..: Only humans and tech, no animals inc students.
……: Hostile world with no option to tame it
…….: Game tries to get you lost
……..: Being careless at the start bars progress far in. Not knowing if what you have done is right, then seeing it work, no second chances every action is final and permenantly alters your situation, and how you are treated.
………: Wasting time has a negative effect, including during conversations. No warning, suddenly things change and the consequences unknown too.
. The game tries to get you to do things to your peril eg Grues.
..: You are not superhuman, neither is anything else, but all are very powerful and not to be underestimated
…: It is unclear is someone is good or bad, no way to tell
….: If you make a mistake you are dead, just not yet and it just becomes more evident untill it happens
…..: Some sequences you are expected to keep going even though it feels like you have already become on a path to death, relief when you escape
……: A need to renavigate that impossible maze and death faster coming to you next time or never going back swallowed by it on return after going in far enough to lose sight of the way back
. Seemingly useless items, dead weight, easily consumed, gone afterward, required to progress.
.: Experimenting cuts off progress

. Some of or a lot of items that are dead weight
.: Everything is useful and has a purpose

Class trials in Danganronpa.

I really need to play through Soul Nomad one day.

my dick

. Game is not on "steam"
.: Game is devoid of anything asian or "european"
..: Doing nothing causes your death, implies you are always stalked
…: Are in a foreign world so deserve anything you get such as death for not respecting it's dangers and venrebilities. Damned to death for taking advantage of things, progress not having what you need there, or everyone seeminly knowing, or what you have taken made useless.
….: Stay lost for too long and die
…..: Can kill people required to progress and stay in world unknowingly, unable to progress
……: Give stupidity endorsement and have progress similarly permanently denied, the one acting stupid sort of testing you, seeming to be astupid after failed interaction, failure unknown, no option for progress unknown
. Know you advance in things becoming more intimidating/powerful, threatening. Warning of more but not discouraging progress, more inviting it, more immensity. That subtle.
.: A variety of interactions. All keeping away those out to make them less or themselves less. Keep away what doesn't deserve entry.
..: Places don't change in returning, maybe see more of them, unlock more, what more indeniably part of the same.
…: Things deceptively inconsequential, paths integral onlydiacoverable appreciating the beauty of the place. Got to like it to know it. To expect more for it to be conjured.

.Can't lie, have to know something and have earned it in the right way for it to aid progression, can say the exact same thing do the same process, but if undeserving, would betray, or have not done what would beget such way, that way unchanged. Barred. Maybe what would lead to it then barred too. Have respect.

kys you fucking trannies

you are either real trannies or trannies in mind only which is even more pathetic

Morrowind is very close to this. You can make some pretty whacko stuff with the spell customizer and a lot of it isn't for combat (Jump magnitude 40 for 1s, slowfall mag 1 for 20s turns the game into crackdown/Saints Row 4). There are two factions centered around magic: the mages guild and House Telvanni, and of course there's a fuckton of books in the game. They aren't just fluff too, many of them give you some hints about the world and my favorite one is an story that describes a particular ancient temple, and you can use the information from how it was described to find it and progress through it.

I would absolutely kill for a game with the magic system and open world of Morrowind with magic that actually feels cool like sorcerer spells in Dragon's Dogma.

You might like Oblivion. It has basically the same magic system as Morrowind.

You don't know?

Without all the good spells, sure.

It's really not. And even if it was you'd have the actual game to deal with.

This is coming from somebody who has spent countless hours playing it
It's comfy what can I say?

youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9AbtCxDQA

All the spells are the same honestly. You are just missing levitation and stuff like that.

ulililia?

I fucking love that evil childhood Dr.X villianous mastermind INTO THE DIP sort of execution.

Not evil, just common cowardice.

The other tried to glorify something else, yours tried to take credit.

The other is infinately better.

Both would be better if avoiding effortlessly done things, wrong things. No innocence in being victims that support such, doing so increases demand for such.

Should only honour the best with more of it, done in excess of ability. And without taking credit.

Asccociation with parasitism is enough to degrade things. So much so that they would be right to leave.

Old fantasy movies… Anything that is part of a world… It is something.

Effortless matter presets such isn't real in presentation. Tells to, and of a world of emptiness.

Expect the best, deny it isn't true, make it continue.

Though image posts, pretense, are devoid of building. More expending.

More to deny than to uphold and raise.
And for reward, that too for themselves.

Should believe what you do enough to do it for eternity.

Experimentation isn't part of progress.

God bless DF and its stupid dwarf tricks.

>fighting games with gigantic stagesnot that "infinite stage that Tekken normally does

That's okay as long as the player didn't take out the mag.

Die by the sword too

the only shit it really had going for it was that you could still buff your stats and conjure armor, meaning you can create spells that turn you into a warrior with strength, a sword, and armor. But of course you could also do that in MW.

I still liked the system in OB more than any game but MW, but you clearly have no idea how fun jump spells can be.

Having max medicine skill is cool, but being told that I can now perform a heart bypass surgery using kitchen utensils is even cooler.

This is one of the reasons why Demon's Souls has the best beginning of any of the souls games.

Try not playing on easy and you'll get a different result than him being "unsure of himself"
scumbag.

behead those who insult monsoon

I was wondering why he has such varied potential lines there. When I was about to kill him, he said "Do as you please!" Begging you to stop feels like it completely betrays his character, unless the point was that he didn't believe in what he was saying after all, or changed his mind in the face of death.

Sleep tite hellwan

the EM grenades and rations are pretty faggy but this guy's playing on the hardest difficulty with pro approved scumstrats like fully upgraded Murasama (it's not the FOX blade, all good here) and Pincer. Monsoon is a pussy.

I'm pretty sure he's a nihilist in the hedonistic sense. He couldn't be acting without a will, after all

no u

Sleep tite hellwan

sleep tite hellwan
Best girl of all time

The weapon has max 400 bullets and a mag is 40 ammo counter looks like 40 \ 360 and if you don't have full magazine (20 / 360) you can still pickup ammo (20 / 380)

Serious sam 3 does that

jiggly tits

It's just like checking out a restaurant's bathrooms before eating there. You know if they've taken care of the small stuff, they've taken care of the big stuff.

A close second is when there's a vending machine in the game and you can either put quarters in or kick the shit out of it and a soda pops out. I've never played a game with working vending machines that I hated.

I'm a big fps fan and this never bothered me. I'll admit that seeing legs for the first time in fear was kinda cool.

WHAT IS THIS GAME?!

Please god, tell me the name or at least give me an example, I'M FUCKING DESPERATE YOU FUCKS!
TFW you just wanna play videya gorms but can't find the good ones that everyone else has played.

wait

for what its worth the Infinite devs really outdid themselves designing the visual style of the game.

Too bad the game turned out the way it did, those early gameplays looked so promising.

what a fucking shame

sleep tite hellwan