The term originates from the French word for "raw" in the term used by Le Corbusier to describe his choice of material...

What are games with lots of Brutalism 𝔸 𝔼 π•Š 𝕋 ℍ 𝔼 𝕋 𝕀 β„‚

The headquarters in EYE are largely just concrete

Neo80fags and all art-style>gameplay cultists need to take a hike

I can't think of any game that has a huge emphases on its art-style while also actually being a good game in its own right.

I was just reading up on Brutalist-related stuff just yesterday for a build I'm making.

If you want to truly autism it out, Minecraft and a handful of mods can ease your aches.

The Void.

Is that newspeak for making a project?

No, you're just an isolated faggot.

That's a highly retarded/unorthodox way to refer to an architectonical project
No isolation there, bud, just proper terms

I've been using that term since 2011 for programming (build, revision, date), which rubbed off for Minecraft buildings I'm planning to make, and for PCs that I'm also making.

Calling it newspeak is retarded.

What, aren't you guys into immersive simulation?

Newspeak sounds about right

It's an odd term but i will have to offer you apologies, i was talking about REAL brutalism, not a digital project about brutalist visuals
Sorry

Mate, I mean the term "build", not "brutalist".

Never thought I'd see brutalist architecture brought up on Holla Forums.

Brutalism is very strange to me, that's why I like it. It's an odd mix of oppression and comfort, which is why I'd like to see games that utilise it well.

Why? i understand the cultural association with gritty & shitty residential complex places but if anything the use of concrete actually makes for bigger, more open spaces
But of course in the end it depends on who is designing, some can make cages and others a mini oasis

I don't know much about brutalism so forgive me if I'm wrong, but the feeling these pictures give me is similar to when I was playing Naissance. It's a first person puzzler on PC, though it is meant to be more high-tech, not concrete based.

People say it's very authoritarian and fascistic in its appearance, I assume because concrete invokes bunkers. To me it just seems utilitarian.

For some reason, people have the idea where utility = cold and lifeless.

At least from what I've been told.

It's literally the worst architectural style ever created by mankind

LET'S SWITCH PLACES FRIENDO.
Fuck I hate living in the US. Suburbian living sucks.

And how is that even wrong at all
And after all, Neo-Classical/Internationalist antics are way, way more used by actual authoritarian and fascistic govs than brutalism, who was actually more used like you said, by pragmatic/utilitarian services, and from time to time commies and jews making their banks
Most banks in many regions are almost completely designed in a brutalist fashion, for a solid, "too big to fail goy" apperance

That seems more like monumentalism, which is not exactly a style but a trait, something designed to make you feel like a small particle, to humble you in old architect terms, mostly used in churches/temples
Brutalism often uses monumentalism in many of its examples, but it's not a rule
If i remember some dude's name who designed a lot of it i will post it

It is for very humid places like England, but it's a good style if you are not a poofter "muh colours" hipster kid

Wolfenstein: New Order.

Nazi magic concrete is plot-important even.

To the brutalist structures I've seen and been into IRL they've all looked so dreary and standard, usually worn down. Whenever I stand inside them it's always a weird feeling that I'm not sure how to describe. Cold most of the time, but a comforting kind of cold which is weird because usually I fucking hate the cold. In some cases they feel like fortresses too, pic related is the Australian Embassy in Malaysia, I was pretty shocked when I saw it in person and I got the same weird feelings even though the inside is quite like a normal office.

I haven't played that yet, seems like I should get to it soon.

The name of the guy is Γ‰tienne-Louis BoullΓ©e, died around 1799 but he smoked some future time weed
He inspired a lot of fellow stoners and they did some outrageous designs, even by today's standards
Is that the feeling you talk about

The comfortable cold might be the same fortress feel you get, inside a big hunk of a building, the solid look of the place makes you unconciously feel secure but at the same time tiny
Not projecting, that's what i feel but i don't know if that's what you meant
Sadly brutalism for its easy nature of just pouring pieces and slapping them together, it has been used to make cheap buildings and chinese knock-offs that don't look good or are just plain stale looking, and that happens 90% of the time, especially when the architect just says "it's minimalist art"
That's the designer/client/construction firm's fault, and when the designer pulls the "minimalism" card it's almost always jews ripping off (see last pic related, or Holocaust Memorial by (((Peter Eisenmann))) )