So anons, what vidya actually does Muskets well?

So anons, what vidya actually does Muskets well?

I was thinking Mountain Blade Napoleonic Wars but I am not so sure

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/tghoudini/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The scourge of war games, both Gettysburg and Waterloo are really good. The thing is they are pretty autistic. You should check them out OP. Both have demos but only Waterloo has a pirate copy with actual seeders.

BATTLEFIELD 0

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mod for that in the napoleon wars expansion for mount and blade

None, because muskets are not fun, and standing there rank & file like a giant human shotgun just trading volleys is bullshit. You either make them unrealistic and fun, or realistic and shitty. The only way around this is to make an RTS where you're controlling an entire unit - rather than an individual soldier like in an FPS.

The weapon creator of this shit looks interesting. Is it worth a pirate for that reason alone?.

The tacticool'd one will have 4 times as many attempts at banning it that the first one.

I know it exists for Half life 2 but I don't know if it exists for Napoleonic Wars. I know the Anglo Zulu War as well as the American Civil War exist for Napoleonic Wars though.

Anyone remember Darkest of Days?

It had an American Civil War section. I liked the mechanic which allowed you to reload quicker if you timed your presses correctly.

No.

No.

New Vegas actually managed to make weapon mods more interesting. FO4's just makes piles of brown muddy kludge into slightly more powerful piles of brown kludge. Also, you can turn an Assault Rifle into an Assault Shotgun, and as a result, it feels like neither an assault rifle or a shotgun. It just feels like shit.

Also, Sniper Perk works with with any "Rifle", and second rank of that perk knocks down enemies. You can make a Plasma Flame Thrower with a "Rifle" stock, and it will knock down enemies (even deathclaws, coursers, and Power Armor users) so you can just knock them down pretty much instantaneously and then stand on top of them while they lay there defenseless and fry them until they disintegrate into a puddle of goo. Rinse repeat.

That would be awesome if they weren't pretending it wasn't completely absurd.

Yes, but only under very certain circumstances. You need to be someone that likes survival games and basebuilding games, and you absolutely must play on survival difficulty and primarily spend your time wandering around working on settlements/guns/power armor or scavenging materials for them. It is also mandatory to get the mod that removes level requirements from perks. You'll probably want to avoid quests for the most part because the dialogue system is obnoxiously terrible and will absolutely make you want to kill yourself from the garbage writing. Silent protagonist mod and mod that shows full dialogue text are also mandatory. After all that if you are as autistic as me you can get around 50-200 hours of fun from the game until you've pimped every settlement. Also the last mod you need is one that let's you save and use the console in survival mode because you'll run into a fair number of bullshit deaths and while it is less buggy than any other Bethesda game, it's still a Bethesda game.

It's cool at first but then you realize, there's no advantage to having a snubnose revoler, it's better to make some revolver snipe rifle

I don't know if this is the worst thing I've ever watched or the best.

Just what exactly goes on in the mind of the Jew for him to be able to come up with something like this?

corrupt the youth, and when they get older they'll drive the west into the ground and become willing slaves for Israel

Killing Floor had a DLC steampunk musket. It was pretty fun to use but they didn't bother lining up the sight correctly, so get a mod that fixes that. Also Tripwire are greedy as fuck so don't actually buy the DLC.

Puckle Guns :^)

It would be fun, pike & shot tactics aganist the mapuches who use hit & run and human wave tactics, Siegues whit the spanish as the defenders aganist an overhelming number of enemies.

Nobody here ever played Battle Grounds 2 mod for HL2? I used to play the fuck out of that mod. I just checked and I see that they're still updating it.

Casual

Battle Grounds / Battle Grounds 2 were pretty good mods.

Oh, right there, I can't read. That'd be a pretty good Holla Forums plays night. Looks like it just had an update early this year surprisingly.

NW gets it for me.

Doesn't the base Mount and Blade take place in a fantasy setting (albeit, one without dragons and wizards)? Since when does Napoleon figure into anything?

I remember MGS Peace Walker had a tanegashima musket which took forever to reload, cost a shit-ton to make, had low accuracy but had a good chance of producing wild-ass effects like tornados in short the joke weapon

Warband with the L'aigle mod.
It's basically napoleonic wars but singleplayer.

Jade empire

Didn't you fuckers start that war?
And promptly failed at your objectives so horribly you ended up getting invaded…
And didn't you get your capitol sacked?
Not exactly your finest hour.

Napoleonic Wars is a dlc that sets it in the Napoleonic Wars. You can play as a bagpiper while shouting Scotland forever.

Americans aren't very good at remembering when things don't go their way.

You're a retard it only works for the last step of the reload.

Darkest Dungeon has Musketeer variant of the Arbalist. She uses a sweet musket and is huwhite instead of a nog but is only available to good goy Kickstarter backers. I'm sure you can get a mod or something that unlocks her though.

Me and another user are in a M&B NW regiment if you want to try it out. We do regiment events 3 days a week, and one tomorrow.

If you are interested just respond and I'll add you on steam or whatever, or meet in a game server.

I agree whole heartily.

Please delete your degenerate webm.

just use a crossbow fagit

Game will feature cover art of a strong independent wench who don't need no tea

Get the fuck out, marketer.

tfw no pike and shot

Nah, Battlegrounds 2 was dogshit.

Battlegrounds 1 was the absolute tits though.

If you mean muskets outside of strategy games, then Mount and Blade and it's associated mods and tie-ins are pretty much the only thing I can think of:

Napoelonic Wars
Blood and Gold: Caribbean!
Gekokujo
1776 American Revolution
L'Aigle
Europe 1805 II
With Fire and Sword

There's also The History Channel: Civil War – A Nation Divided, but I've never played it. Oh, and there might be a few muskets mods for ARMA 2/3 floating around out there.

SOME FOLKS ARE BORN

Mount and Blade style seems the most logical; if you're setting a game where muskets are the best firearms available, then melee combat and horses are probably also going to be a major part of it, and neither of those work well at all from a first person perspective. Guns are just one tool in the arsenal rather than what personal combat revolves around.

Empire and napoleon total war
With darthmod

NOT Mount & Blade. Literally the last thing I would name.

Does it have to be one where you control a player? If not, then the Total War games. If yes, then honestly AssCreed because I genuinely can't really think of any other games that actually have muskets.

Was this actually a thing?

Add to threads if you have something that matters. Make threads if it doesn't belong anywhere else.

Like I said, join the regiment i'm in. Add me on steam and i'll get you connected. Event starts in 20 minutes if you are still ready.

You better provide a reason why not M&B. Do you mean Native or Napoleonic Wars, which was a complete game mechanic change of M&B to suit 1815 warfare.

Uhh sure.
steamcommunity.com/id/tghoudini/

Yeah, but I'm sure in the middle of a fight it's a bit different

Shogun 2 Total War: Fall of the Samurai did Napoleonic warfare better than Napoleon Total War did. It uses rifles rather than matchlocks or flintlocks, though.

I mean both Fire & Sword and Napoleonic Wars are garbage.

Isn't there a new cossacks game coming out soon?
that should be interesting

its a bummer that there aren't any fps ones though

Fair enough I guess, I've never played another Napoleonic Wars game out there. I just enjoy huge battles with cavalry, artillery, infantry.

what movie?

Shut the fuck up faggot. America never losses. USA USA USA USA πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

The US has never lost a war, the US won in Vietnam. USA USA USA USA.

Nice dubs but got better bait?

Does it have to be better? You're already falling for it.

Don't forget that 50% of the revolutionaries were negroes, EA will take care to represent the brave dindus.

But seriously no joke. The US is the best country in the world.

I don't know, you do have a place called California.

You mean the place that produces the world's best films that earned billons and billons of dollars. Is that the place user? Does YOUR country produce like half of the worlds entertainment. No user, it doesn't, so shut the fuck up.

That's incidental to the countries large Jewish population centred in Hollywood, if the jews moved elsewhere that would become the new source for high quality entertainment.

(trapshit kill yourself)

Stay salty nigger. USA # 1.

This.
USA
USA
USA

Its from a series actually, a really fucking good one. Black sails. Look that shit up because its worth the watch

p-pls… I liked it.

I know you're an american and I know how much american's hate facts, I mean you teach creation science in school ffs, but there's honestly no need to be mad at being so blatantly wrong.

So so. You need to find a million items to create a single mod, and most of them are pretty boring like the powerful reciever instead of the regular one, it just does more damage. It also is not open ended enough and it doesn't scale too well. I liked my Laser Musket in FO4, but it barely scaled at all and was worthless compared to a laser rifle that was upgraded a bit.

STAY FUCKING MAD BITCH. Not my fault you aren't number 1. USA USA USA USA.

Well, there's Napoopan

No, the Gatling was the first, and the World Powers changed to machine guns ~1913. BUT, DoDs is about time travel.

*IIRC, I have yet to play it

Without earmuffs?

In Pillars of Eternity, you can set up your party as a firing line to soften up enemies before they hit melΓ©e range, use arquebuses for the full volley barrage experience. The game is a definite step down from Icewind Dale, but it's still pretty fun if you can put up with the filler trash fights.

none, muskets were ineffective garbage that were only viable with firing squads/lines

Fucking this. Everyone seems to forget about the Toronto part.