Game lets you stop time

Other urls found in this thread:

PLEASE
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1909038
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jesus fuck, I didn't ever commonly use that spell until I did exactly this, holy shity.

I get it, it adds to the challenge, but what's stopping everyone else from reviving him?

Writing incompetence. Square also has a lot of that too go around too.

Magic Resist?

Final Fantasy IV was a mistake

Dio are you still butthurt about that whole Star Platinum thing?

Actually, just got done playing Dishonored. The Daud fight was pretty sweet.

And no, I'm not Dio. I can't be a fictional vampire character.

Prove it.

Why do I need to prove I'm not a fictional character?

Without a doubt.

Fuck off.

Fuck Final Fantasy. Square does everything ass-backwards. It's maddening trying to play FF games, because some of their game design decisions are so infuriatingly bad. I refuse to play their games without a god damned guide open at all times so that I don't fucked over. If the games don't show respect to me as a player, I don't have to show respect to them.

This shit right here knows what I'm talking about.

the boss has 14 phases and the last phase has 3x resistance and 2x health

You get a really linear sense from it that only reaffirms the fact that the Japanese are pragmatic thinkers.

It's like the programmers did this to taunt and laugh at you

Get fucked over? They're so god damn easy. What the hell is fucking you over?

God damned this. I absolutely hate it when there is no rhyme or reason in a game world. No character development, no interesting lore to dig into other than it 'looks cool', art direction all over the fucking place and monsters looking simply retarded with no explanation as to why. No. Just no. I don't understand how the fans of FF eat this shit up.

yare yare daze

I think they mean the retarded

FF7 ultimate weapons give no materia exp
So you won't end up not using them until the final fight or close to it

FFXII in a nutshell.

Fanboys are a deluded and loyal lot and it also sales to edgy normalfags who love the emo characters in the retro fantasy outfits. Also waifufags still won't shut up about Lightning to this day. Terra was better than that piece of shit by a mile.

The demonic contract has ended.

in Baldur's Gate's case it's because under D&D lore you cannot revive anyone whose destiny has been fulfilled, and the Bhaalspawns' destiny is to triumph or die

speaking of time stop, can anyone recommend me a game that has really good time stop mechanics? And I don't mean bullshit bullet time slow down I mean full on stop.

It's a good game I swear.

Baldur's Gate has a time stop spell
Same for Ultima Underworld

>Game takes it away for the next level anyway
Fuck you Turok Evolution, I wanted that nuke

That's what reloading is for, I suppose.

Time Shift I think. it's been a while since I've played it though.

Well fuck you too

Every single fucking time. What fucking use are they for if you're only going to use status effects on cannon fodder that dies in like 3 fucking hits?

Yeah, in JRPGs there's a reason you hit KO when your HP hits zero. It's because you're knocked out, which is what KO stands for you dumb fucking gays. Revive items don't bring you back from the dead, just from KO.

aerus pls

>Good guys from first game can use time powers on you and it doesn't tell you
Immediately get fucked in the ass by player characters from the first game
>tfw blinx 3 never

do these costumes actually work

In Persona 3 it's because that releases Death early,

In Persona 4 it means you failed the test and nothing matters for you after that.

I've gone through that fight many times and I still can't figure out what you are talking about.

oh what thats first person game that came out recently thats some gun-fu fighting first person where time only moves when you move?
might be right up this anons alley

You right but you could be more right.

I do that too, I always conserve items for "when I need them", don't use them in dire situations, then by the time the final boss comes around I forget them. Every fucking time…

it's called superhot, and time still moves slowly when you are still

what the hell are you talking about? the only time i see her mentioned is as a joke

That is exactly what DIO would say!

Superhot is what you're thinking about, but I don't think that's what he is looking for. I think what he wants is more "stop time, do whatever in that time frame".

I didn't need a trait anyway, Stranger of Sword City…

You might as well just accept it at this point, Dio.

Red Garland was useless untill that moment.

Okami does i think

zdoom/zandronum has builtin time stop pickup ability that stops time. it doesn't appear on stock maps and you have to make the item and put it on your map yourself, but it's pretty sweet

and also painkiller if you max out slowdown tarot cards in your loadout

why did it eat my .webm

Is that the same guy who made Crackle Cradle, or is it just the same engine?

Read the filename

i looked it up and got a mobile chinese rpg

I have no clue. All I know is that you rape to replenish your time juice.

That IS it's name. Try going through dlsite or nyaa.

Damn nigger I was able to find it in one google, here's the link
PLEASE USE ARCHIVE.IS/bbs/showthread.php?t=28180&page=2

Guess the game.

those extra 20 steps really made a difference.

that is not what ANY means

F.E.A.R.

Yup.

Looking at you, Splinter Cell. Whoever designed Abbatoir should be taken out behind the woodshed for shoehorning such a god-awful segment into an otherwise great level.

which one?

what is bunny must die?

The first one, in particular the level where you infiltrate the meat market to rescue American troops and Chinese officials from being executed on live TV.

>But not slow enough, enemies can still outspeed you

Quit sucking ass at Persona 3, and punch it harder.

One of the reasons the Kabuto fighting game was pretty good, too. Clock up is a neat mechanic, even if it is super simple.

user pls

PLAYTHING

Fucking Digimon cyber sleuth did this.

Bosses are such a different tier to common fights and when you try to inflict a status that would help chip at them or even buy you some time, 99/100 it will NOT work.

Spam weaknesses and use Sakuyamon to remove their buffs. Also, I noticed most bosses aren't 100% immune to debuffs, just highly resistant. But otherwise it's cake if you spam the weakness triangle.

They sell them for a reason, don't they?

Yeah I've beat the game (the demon lords being the hardest part), but it didn't make it any less irritating.

Well, now I know, I guess…

Why would you ever need to intimidate plots of land?

one of the few problems with quantum break other than just being bullet sponge.

FUCK YOU IM NOT MAKING A NEW CHARACTER FOR THIS SHIT

Bayonetta aside, a couple of other Platinum Game's games have a time stop mechanic that works the same way.
Wonderful 101 and Transformers Devastation.
Solid games even if the latter is a tad short

fuck me, they weren't hard by themselves but it's the fact they'res so many projectiles and shit coming at you I had no choice.
The armadillo's weren't too bad.
Then I have to face some dragons and the flying demons which fucked me up.
Then the fucking fire boss with no items.
I finally did it then mines in the fucking lava killed me forcing me to do boss again.

On chapter 13 and skint. The game was almost too easy before when I got the scythe, now I'm feeling the pain

laughed you evil bastard

A-user, I

What said.
I HOPE YOU LIKE INCENDIARY SHURIKENS BRO

Then in Persona 4 they should have let party members revive the mc, but seal off the true ending.

The Fatlus tears would have been delicious.

I'm all into that shit, but I haven't found many decent games where you have that ability and it doesn't suck

Haven't unlocked it yet I don't think, not sure.
Fucking dreading and looking forward to it anyway

Nocturne is shit, what can I say?

Jojo Part 4:What if Dio was still alive edition

Not really a main mechanic or anything but Grief Syndrome lets you stop time while playing as Homura.

Fucking this.

Obviously we shouldn't be able to 1 shot a boss with death unless it is an undead and life/ Phoenix Downs will one-shot it for fun but I think a one off boss that can only be killed with doom, but hits like a truck would be cool. Or making it so that bosses have to be blinded/ silenced/ poisoned to be beaten.

Who am I kidding. Sqenix will never do any of this shit.

I said Terra was better than Lightning. I didn't say she was the best. Celes is the true one and only FF waifu. Fuck, why is she so fucking perfect? Why couldn't FF stop at that point with such a perfect game?

Casual weeb shits think she's the best shit ever and you can still find idiots unironically loving her in shit holes like IGN and most FF fan sites. She's basically the female Naruto for them except edgier.

Please don't bully my waifu.

Fucking mushrooms and dimondizing, man.

Make sure you're comfortable doing izuna drops…

Those mushrooms made me drop the game for two months before I decided to go all-in and I'm glad I did; I never should have equipped the yoyo and sold my bat, so many fucking misses.

it felt like half the game was missing. like you had a second part of the story after killing the but there wasn't actually much of anything to do.

TimeShift was fun and an original gameplay concept, prove me wrong

I FORGOT THE GAME THAT DID THIS BUT IT WAS HYPE AS FUCK

NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT IT WAS PROBABLY A VN NOT AN ACTUAL GAME

BUT IT WAS STILL FUCKING HYPE

Fate/Stay Night?

Does "Trace: On" ring a bell?

Now that I think on it it's kind of a common trope in action-oriented visual novels and japanese media, but yeah: It's from Fate/Stay Night.

Shirou may be a fucking retard, but that moment is among the best moments I've experienced in visual novels.

Right next to I'll show you how to kill, but I might be misphrasing that.

DROPPING HALLWAYS ON BITCHES

THREATENING RAPE TO PROTECT GIRLS

TOHNO GLAND STRONK

Magicka was awesome because it made a game out of having the spells ignore the common design barriers to stop people from breaking the game.

Magicka is, honestly speaking, one of the best games where experimentation and learning proper use of a toolset is rewarding and entertaining.

It covers it all in a silly veneer (Because yes, accidentally dropping a boulder on your friend's head or your own when you meant to heal is kinda funny) and the main characters are protrayed as sort of stupid, but it's actually a pretty smart game for that.

The death spell was also very cool.

Fuck you Mario and Luigi Dream Team, that shit is just unfucking fair

I've only played the demo for Etrian Odyssey 4, but I'm already starting to like it because of this.

I loved Magicka but I mostly fucked around in the arenas and I got into the Vietnam beta which meant I ended up getting all DLC from then on for free. Was fun as hell to just play around with whatever weird stuff you got.

This kind of thing always bugs me in RPGs. It seems like a lot of them go like this.

God, I loved okami so fucking much. The fucking little game twist with ninetails was so fucking good.

If you can stop time how do you know

It's weird that the Paper Mario games flesh out the setting, lore, backstory and NPCs better than Final Fantasy does, and give you reasons to backtrack to other places because dialogue changes between chapters and new things become available.

Speaking of, Paper Mario has a weird approach where every boss is immune to most status effects, except for a particular one. Of course, you have little chance of figuring that out unless you spam every status-inducing power you have or get really lucky.

Flail Wildly in MGQ?

Because half the game IS missing

Thanks for this.

Good time stop material is hard to come by once you've seen it all and new stuff is hardly made.

Portstone on a Healing Spring > Wakestones as far as super healing goes tho.

>if you lose she rapes you using timestop

Fuck off gook.

Neverwinter nights has timestop.

even worse

Torrent?

No idea how to turn on gore mode, good luck.

Whoa, what is up with your spoiler?

Wait what the fuck it's already here

I call wibbly wobbly timey wimey BULLSHIT

Perfected that shit in Black.
I found the scythe XXXX throw very useful too

Finally beat 2 Warrior mode, the electric guy, elizibet and the first form of the archfiend were easy as fuck but fuck that last form.

What the fuck is that

I thought OP was talking about quantum break, which is stylish as fuck and has fucking CIA, it's a shame I can't even buy it because it's botnet exclusive.

How do i fug

Game mentioned is Final Fantasy Tactics A2

The pizza-cutter is simply a pizza-cutter

Though honestly I don't remember the pizza cutter being in the game.

uh like r2

or maybe l2 it's been a while

I improved your image.

Now this is my kind of game

So much hatred.

Holy shit yes

First Trine?

good god that's a death sentence. It's like wearing a fat sign telling foes that they can rape you because you'll never fucking hit them.

Undertale?

So it works okay for you? Whenever I try to unpack it I get a progress error from 7z despite the archive having no problems when I inspect it and it says I'm missing d3dx9_42.dll; I fixed the DLL and now it just crashes.

Iji has this.

shit man it's so fun

That's probably your system locale, user. Japanese games don't unpack properly if your system isn't prepared for unicode characters.

Damn, how do i play this shit.

the game has a tutorial

don't you speak Japanese?

I don't remember if you could actually remove Stocke in Radiant Historia, but he was good enough you wouldn't want to. Decent damage, decent options for moving enemies, solid survivability, and I think he had low-level fire and healing magic.

Forgot to actually include the second half of my post.
Fucking Valkyria Chronicles, man. I love it but characters that give you the extra turns are too good to NOT bring. I should play it again.

So what virus is this?

>>>/reddit/

that VN had gameplay? because i would pick that up again since i droped it

Nigger this is why Baldur's Gate II was the tits and Pillars of Eternity is a meh game that tries to make everyhing balanced. At least BG II made it so that there were viable strategies against anything with the right combination of party tactics, cheese and item abuse. And it was still fucking fun to stop time, turn into a mindflayer and suck the brains out of Draconics before the faggot turned into a Brown dragon.

But Final Fantasy 12 does most of that if you read the bestiary. It tells you the description of the monster, how it hunts at times, and sometimes why it does it due to the environment. Read up on the espers and it will tell you some history of the land and how they came to be when you fight them. I believe you can even read up on humanoid enemies to get some back story about the way the country they're from works. None of this really adds to the story though.

Animals ain't that bright. You can fool a turkey into nursing a baby mountain lion by putting a speaker in it that makes baby turkey noises.

Same engine, different guy. The guy who did Chronosgate is azcat, the guy who did CrackleCradle is sakifox. I think.

… Closely related, probably, but not the same guy to my knowledge.

Some aren't but crows can do things like read traffic lights and solve puzzles

Fuck you slavery. When I'm still using the whip while building a spaceship to alpha centauri, we have a problem.

Ironically, the whip is pretty much the only thing that lets the player compete with AI production bonuses on higher levels. Thanks, Sid.

FF12… What a fucking waste of potential.

Didn't quicksilver mode on Devil May Cry 3 let you stop time?

Holy shit. This game be good.

Those aren't bad things

And that is why Arcanists are the greatest class of EO history.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Though it's more like time reverse. But the mechanic is really good and I've never seen it replicated in any other game.

I don't think I've used a single item outside of potions and some other food items in Symphony of the Night.

Bruh. You just don't understand how his Stand works.

He's a fucking scrub. Hahaha, Act 3 Dominus requiring a specific item to counter one of his attacks? Wtf. He's easy and you can do it with any gear.

Those fuckers can suck my dick, made the expansion a fucking nightmare to play. I'd be ok with them having the same reflex abilities as the player, but for them to have THAT MUCH HEATH is absurd. 3 fucking rounds of shotgun directly to the face = no dice. 3 grenades shot behind the cover they were hiding behind = still alive, fucker. Empty a rifle mag in their face = u dun fucked up.
Ridiculous.

Is that Avery Brooks?

is she scared of me
does she want to fuck
is she disgusted by me
jesus christ what the hell does this bitch want

aren't those dinosaurs supposed to be herbivores? so why in the fuck does little foot have canines bigger than a fucking werewolf in this scene, I feel cheated