How feasible is it for this part of Dracula's Castle to exist on an IRL building?

How feasible is it for this part of Dracula's Castle to exist on an IRL building?

vampire magic

it's fucking vampire magic dude

Doesn't look like it would even be practical even if feasible.

vampire magic

Looks like the castle's flipping you off. I think that's your answer, OP.

I believe that is the Keep, where Dracula resides. And no, it is architecturally impossible for it to exist. However, it makes for great foreshadowing because you see it in level 3.

So vampire magic?

Not at all. Castlevania just takes place in an alternate earth where gravity is lower, allowing for architectural feats (and higher vertical jumps) that are impossible here. Just like in the Outlaw of Gor books.

You're looking at it the wrong way. That's not part of the building, that's an observatory attached to the building.

it depends on the support base

I'm no architect or engineer, but I'd hazard a guess that simple medieval brick and mortar couldn't support a branch from another tower weighing several tons without being torn off by the levering weight. I don't see where the support to distribute it would come from.

It is held up by pure disdain for humanity.

In the first game, it's rotted away.

The original game went to painstaking effort to have the structure of the stages make sense, even linked to one another. This was before they stated the castle itself is a "being of chaos" for its shapeshifting and floating platforms. I believe the tower section standing upright after losing its support is a sign of the power Dracula possessed, above all the decay surrounding him.

Probably, something like this?

Daily occasional reminder that the cover art of SOTN is just a doctored photograph of Mont Saint-Michel, France.

an observatory like that could exist without being part of a tower or needing vampire magic if it was atop a proper arch that distributed the weight as it was pulled down by gravity just right or if the bridge itself was thick, straight and attached to it more to the top with a slight arch on each end where it attached the two structures. There's way to do it for the clever architect.

That makes me wonder, what would be the point of such a structure? It's hard to build, it's going to be the first thing to fall in case of an earth quake and it just looks impractical in any way. Are there actual castles with that?

As the modern period went on after the the middle ages, castles became increasingly about show of status instead of practical fortifications, culminating at "castle" being just a big ass mansion.

I'd imagine a ludicrous tower like that would show all the peons how below they are.

Probably not exactly as is, but if the half-arch/buttress supporting that structure were thick enough and it were a little closer to the building and at the right angle, it could probably work.
Now if it were a monolithic castle on the other hand, you could do all sorts of cool architectural shit.

This seems the most likely explanation. In Dracula X, Drac's room seems to be on top of a donjon connected to the rest by a thin stair.

Then there's Haunted Castleā€¦

Much like that picture of that bird, Dracula's Castle is held aloft by sheer anger.

Castlevania 1 was made by smart people huh

Castles were often built with no more logic than "high up so i can see in every direction".

How the fuck does this even work?

The great architecture style known as "I don't know what erosion is"

How feasible is it that a man can survive entirely on blood and can transform into another mammal entirely in a manner of seconds?

castle on the island is not uncommon but those wierd angles of towers are

It wasn't built yesterday and it's still there. Whoever built it had a pretty cool place for their entire lifetime, which probably fit its intended purpose.

Yeah in the Eye of Terror maybe, but not with our laws of physics.

Sorry to break it to you but that's a fake, user.

This is the real place which I think is equally impressive.

The ones pictured there (all three are of the same castle actually), is actually a fancy prison cell. In the 2nd pic, if you look closely, the connecting bridge is actually retracting, the structure is wholly supported by the base tower.

I'm sure the designer just thought they needed a cool way to keep the princess locked up. This is from the Miyazaki Lupin III movie, in case anyone's wondering

Really? I thought it was Ys which did that first with the Rado's Annex.

Holla Forums lost my image.

Why did Belmonts morph from Conan to Anime Eurotrash Faggots?

Because we shifted to the bad universe.

The Berenstain universe?

Could be possible, good ol mad king Ludwig of Bavaria built many crazy things before they discovered he was draining all the coffers of the country to do it.

Plausible, but not very realistic.

Well lets see, assuming it had the right support, maybe.
It would have to be all the way inside both of them but how you would do that is another challenge

Uh, wouldn't it be more climactic somehow if he stayed at the very top of the castle? Like how in SOTN he's right at the heart of the castle?

i live in a castle just like that

Cool, when are you gonna invite us over for some video games?

when you guys learn to close the bag of chips and not leave dirty dishes everywhere

Dont believe their lies user. I am still cleaning up after their last visit

it was just a prank bro

Gee user, how come your mom lets you have 2 Dreamcasts?

Goodwills it

I want that PC-FX.

There is a nice clean white unfaded one just off to the side of the faded Dreamcast.

nice dinosaur

I like it. It wiggles.

the fact that some white DC's are fading now makes me just want to buy a black SEGA Sports one

I've got a non discolored SNES. I think it's dead inside. Just like me.

I have a black one. Got it used at the end of the ps2 era at gamecrazy. rip

So what is the solution? Does someone need to invent gamer sunscreen for these consoles?

Keeping them away from fluorescent and halogen lighting for one.

Darm Tower in Ys has something similar

perhaps this architectural feature has some origin in the real world?

Hanging towers is not an uncommon thing, but you're right that I've never seen one hanging from such a distance before. Is it really so unfeasible?

That extra distance makes it so that the support beam has a very awkward angle, so it has to sustain much more of the tower's weight instead of just sharing it with the rest of the foundation.

I hope nobody had to install electricity in there. That would be even more of a pain in the ass than laying the bricks.

Imagine accidentally slipping after carrying a massive, heavy boulder of a brick (the crane broke down) and gracelessly falling right down that sheer cliff.

What style is Dracula's castle anyway? "Gothic"?