If capcom released this game this month with all of it's single player content and players it would have sold amazingly...

If capcom released this game this month with all of it's single player content and players it would have sold amazingly well instead of being the biggest flop of the year.
They could have easily had a closed beta that anyone who pre-ordered the game could play. That way the game could have been at evo and not release too early.

Still would have been shit though

Games have deadlines because publishers think developers are always trying to fuck on them.

Publishing companies are run by people who not only lack any hands-on knowledge of what makes a good video game, but often disdain video games themselves. Part of the older generation that sees games as "a waste of time". So what ends up happening is they treat the developers like they are producing something which is less an artistic endeavor and more like a basic consumer good: you give them money for a game, they give you a game back, it's success depends entirely on marketing.

Which we all know is bullshit, but they are boomers: it's how they view product development. The idea that a game can be good or bad doesn't really make sense to them. It's a line item.

Nope it still sucks, its slow as fuck, and even way more boring to watch, i swear it's the first time since SFA 2 that watching tournaments of SF has no appeal.

Every time, Holla Forums isn't for fighting games, you all suck dick at fighting games, no one on Holla Forums is FGC, just give up, it's an entire genre and a community you will never be a part of and your opinion on anything involving this entire genre is fucking meaningless.

Who is the publisher for capcoms SFV that forced them to shit out a game early?
That's right, stop embarrassing yourself, battered housewife.

buyer's remorse thread?

It was Sony, actually. Capcom wanted those juicy Sonybux that they were offering. A partnership with the Shitstation brand meant that they needed to release the game earlier.

As I have always said, Sony is literally responsible for every shitty practice in the industry.

what's stopped capcom from not buying into sony deal? sony did nothing wrong there, it was capcom who squandered money into DmC, Lost Plane 3 and MML3

…battered housewife? You don't know what that term means do you?

Essentially this. they released the actual figure at one point but Sony was putting up a massive amount of the budget for SF5/

I guess i don't as i am not a street fighter fan.

If there's something worse than Holla Forums in a bad day is the entirity of the FGC
You guys are like shmup fans who are in deep denial about their future aka no future
And playing games for competitive reasons is like eating for teeth health reasons, just retarded

speak for yourself

You have no idea what you're talking about, then again this is Holla Forums so once again it's not surpising you guys are absolutely clueless when it comes to fightan.

The FGC knows perfectly well the entire scene can die.
The entire scene ALREADY DIED.

TWICE.

It's cyclical, it dies and then it comes back, being FGC also means understanding that this is how things are, the possibility that the entire scene might die is very real, and actually not that scary, because in that situation all one has to do is support their local scene and wait.

Why are you so salty and defensive bro?

nope, even with that shit the core game's horribly flawed.
MVC3 was better and that game is awful

mvc has always been awful and unbalanced though. I never understood how anyone took that series seriously, not that it's not a fun game to play with friends, but it was always broken.

Why play SFV when you could be playing Revelator instead

It probably wouldn't be a flop. First impressions are important, and the way fighting games sell is by getting the core audience to talk about the game and convince their friends to join in. SFV was so barebones and broken on launch that nobody wanted to talk about it in a positive light. The best you got was "the gameplay is decent, everything else is utter shit", and that's on a good day.

You're not going to pull in casual gamers and fans of other fighting game series with an incomplete product. They've done such a poor job that KoFXIV is getting much more hype than normal, because the fighting game fans and curious onlookers on the fence have hopped off and went to look elsewhere.

Pokken beat SFV in sales because the core audience had a good enough time with the game to want to talk about it, to want to bring in Pokemon and non-Pokemon fans to play the game with them. That casual piece of shit offers more variety and a more complete game than SFV on launch did. Sure, forcing EVO to host Pokken helped get the game out there, but it was objectively the better game.

revelator is ps4 and nobody on Holla Forums owns one, maybe if it gets one more price drop

I'm waiting for KoF14, tbh.

Same.

I love games with enormous rosters.

It's like you don't like fun or something.

Revelator will come to PC eventually once the community is dead like Xrd Sign though :^)

you can tell us when netplay gets working with it

yeah, it is. Which is why I said it

You only said MvC3 was awful. I'm saying the whole series was unbalanced and awful. Which it is.

Because it formed an interesting and balanced meta once you got good at the game.

It lacked global balance but made up for it in a varied game at high level play. It wasn't accessible to casuals, so if you were only a passerby (which it sounds like you were), the game wouldn't be very fun if you played someone who practiced it more (since most of the roster in each entry tends to get invalidated). The variance comes from the (generally) large amount of viable teams.

MvC3's failure is that it's top play is NOT interesting, so even if there are a good 10-20 viable teams at the top play, it doesn't matter if it's all boring to watch.

those story mode battles tho
get hype for none of your opponents to press a single button ever

did anyone watch the recent wizard world gaming tournament? finally someone played chun li properly and won the tournament. jwong did nothing but mash hp and anti air lk. the risk reward is so fucked and the skill requirement so low, its hilarious

Nah, the game is boring as all fuck too. They tried too hard to tone down anything remotely "unfair" the game turned into a stale mess.
Haven't touched the game since the start of May and just moved on to other fighting games, best decision I've made in a while.

jwong is the best scumbag

Do you have a link for those matches?
I wanna watch it.