War time powers - possible goal?

As an user brought up in the spicer thread today, there might be the possibility that Trump is going for the war time powers. For this to happen, Congress must formally declare we are in a state of war, thus allowing Trump to exercise those powers granted to him in such times by congress.

However, due to the constant debate over the constitutional legality of the war time powers act, it's a pain in the ass to figure out exactly what these powers are, the extent of their reach, how far they can stretch and so on. What could Trump realistically do with these?

Furthermore, what could possibly cause congress to formally declare war anymore? It seems that any and all armed conflicts we are engaged in are not wars for some reason, despite having troops deployed for how many years now?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/aAZoI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ya, that was me

just to add the course set precedent in the case of the Japanese internment camps that during a time of war crisis the president has authority to declare enemies of the state prisoners even if they are citizens

Just a bit of information about what previous presidents did and got away with by using this power
campaigningforhistory.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/05/27/stretching-executive-power-in-wartime/?_r=0
archive.fo/aAZoI

God damn it how come no one EVER kills these kikes? Instead they shoot up schools and shit. It's like they have a spell of protection around them.

You faggots will grasp at absolutely anything to try and make it real your minds. Worse than fucking liberals

It's not chesscuckery, I'm just asking a simple question. Why so defensive?

because they are shills user

Fuck it, give him the war powers. Lets dissolve the republic and make way for the New American Empire

but the conflict isn't an offical declared war by congess, there is no war time power involved in these strikes and battles for a while since bush in iraq, the authority ended before obama took office. Most of these strikes or military actions have been executive authority in (((the face of immediate thread)))
The question being asked is, if Trump were given wartime authority declared by congress on a nation what would he do, and what COULD he do

imprison antifa as they are sympathisers with the communist north korean regime.

The UN does not allow member nations to declare war unless they are attacked by someone else, and probably some other clauses never mentioned. So, fuck the UN, I don't give a fuck. We should ditch them.

Wasn't one of the stated goals of the League of Nations and the United Nations to end all wars of Armed Conflict or something?

They will never declare war again because that's unpopular and never would they do that with Trump in charge.

The only reason to declare war is if you need the cooperation of the Citizenry and they'd rather the citizenry not know or be involved in any international interaction.

I was under the impression that we have been in an official state of war since slightly after the Korean War. My understanding is that while we entered the theater before war was formerly declared, that after the fact we passed a declaration of war.

Since the Korean War never officially ended, and we are simply in a Cease Fire Agreement, haven't we been in a state of war for about 60 years?

We signed an armistice on July 27, 1953. Don't allow the South East Asian-Jew let you think we're still at war or have any obligation in defending them.

He can unilaterally declare a state of emergency and then use all the powers Bush created, related to FEMA, and government takeover of the industry/media/highways etc.. organization of forced work brigades, forced injections with drugs etc etc

Lincoln also did something similar. There is precedent of the president suspending habeas corpus during times of war.

Really? Shit. They taught me in American public high school that the war never officially ended.

That is what armistice means

Holla Forums has always had an interest in realpolitik. kys.

We are still at war nigger.
An armistice is not a peace treaty nor an official declaration of peace. The fucking Brits and Germans had armistices in their trenches on holidays, the next day they were killing one another.

We also have Kim jung fucktard essentially holding the U.S. hostage at the behest of China; they act up everytime China and the U.S. are set to renegotiate economic treaties. Fuck them, fuck the chinks, and fuck you for defending them.

As for OP's pic. Let this be proof that neocons are in fact and have always been traitors and should all be hanged for treason. Thanks.

I don't even understand why he would think it is an even mildly controversial thing to say, if that cunt is "old fashioned" then I'm a fucking caveman

An armistice isn't a peace treaty. It's just a cessation of fighting, like an extended cease-fire. So while the fighting might be over, technically, a state of war still exists.

You're a mess. The topic at hand is regarding war powers, if you cannot fathom the course of discussion.

I'm ready

You're the one who's going to the FEMA camps idiot. Trump loves sucking kike dick and will throw away dissidents who deny muh six gorillas died.

Ive always been curious, do you shills get paid per hour? Whats the pay like to be humilitated daily..
Geniunly interested, pls respond kikepai

Moot discussion - congress will never grant Trump of all people that kind of power.