Is this game actually good? I downloaded it after seeing it had shitload of seeders...

Is this game actually good? I downloaded it after seeing it had shitload of seeders, played it for about an hour and I'm not impressed. I checked its nexus and it didn't have any interesting mods either

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/260/
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/270/?
shrines.rpgclassics.com/pc/mm4_5/monsters_4.shtml
gamestorrent.co/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen.html
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-n50bJM4l1R-OtlqlMjXveGUAUrPutCU5cR8b_fxYCY/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's really really good. a masterpiece

I played it for the first time when it got ported. I put 100 hours into it over a week before I got bored

It's actually good. You're just not autistic enough.

There is no real mod support from devs so there aren't any good ones. Especially because it have online functionality in sharing pawns, which doesn't really works with modding your game.

Game itself is good however.

It's better when you can summon pawns made by other players, now I feel like playing it again.

This.
Got stuck on the everfall and after I realized it was one of those OBJECTIVE: RUN situations I was hooked.

The only things you can effectively mod are game textures

I dropped this game like 2 hours in, didn't like that Co op feeling

I've dumped over 300 hours into it and still play several times a week. What don't you like about it?

This

Go fight something big. The first hydra and cyclops don't count since you had help and there weren't any other enemies.

Try the different classes, learn some MAGIC.

It's a great game,great narrative, combat is fun as fuck and has a decent variety. Suffers from jap grind like most eastern rpgs but not severely.

Reminder that loli waifus are weak and can't carry you in their frail arms like an amazonian princess can with her tender meathooks of love.

It's great.

DD is a good game, but without online play it seems like you miss a lot of shit.

After a while, I feel like the finite quests and the samey spawn points for mobs within those same areas makes it not really feel dynamic.

The combat is really good though. Really, really good combat.

Daily reminder that Strider a best.

It's mediocre, have some ups and downs.
It surely overhyped as fuck for no reason.

The game itself is good and laid upon an amazing foundation with the core gameplay but since 80% of the game got cut it feels pretty damn lacking in most places.

Hopefully capcom won't fuck over the sequel the same way since they now know people would actually buy it.

oh look its the contrarian user everybody point and laugh because contrarian anons on contrarian imageboards are even bigger losers than normal anons

It's a diamond in the rough, the gameplay is fun and it can be pretty comfy but other than a couple goblin warbands who might or might not appear the encounters are the fucking same all throughout the game and there's big stretches of the map where it's obvious there should have been content but they cut it.

Do you like monhun? Do you want it to be a full-fledged open world and have a story and shit? Here you go

I really fail to see why people so obsessed with it.
It does nothing new or special or exceptionally good.

Its combat is nothing like monhun though.

It's like you've only read the wiki page and immediately assumed you could pass as someone whose played it

Its similar enough to make the comparison. Stamina isnt exactly used the same way and you can do shit like jump and climb, but those seem like natural additions to the fomula

just throw your pawn in the brine and never resummon if you want to play alone

Brined my pawn and Rook as soon as I got done with the pawn creation mission on this character, fuck the AI.

The only place where you need a Pawn is BBI and that's due to Maneaters.

It's a generic beat-em up with arbitrary weapon usage restrictions and gimmick climb-the-boss mechanics.
It doesn't compare to monhun in any way.

Its meh

Its literally the japanese Skyrim

dev team dreamed too big and got fucked by capcom, it's an unfinished game, basically like playing a demo for something that will never be released
most of the fans of the game are obsessive and not level headed so discussion is often trying
at least the Itsuno combat was almost finished, making it the only open world, and also only rpg, stylish action game. Although the world being unfinished calls into question whether this definition warrants being made

hey fuck you guy
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/260/

Melee classes take a long time to become fun since they're so reliant on the unlockable skills to do fuck all.

Oh? Define generic, show me some examples of how it's run of the mill, then.

First game with classes you've played?

Right, because hitting something in the knees until it falls down is obviously great gameplay design. Imagine trying to take down a Griffin without climbing, when the fucker barely ever lands unless you can force it to crash.

The game ends. Grigori isn't the last boss, dummy.

Other way around, magic classes have no combat potential before you get enough spells unlocked. The melee classes are fun from the moment you get them.

I might also add that you have to actively try to find enjoyment in the game, there's only minimal fun in playing the game to win, since it's just not complete, but it offers a fair bit that is unique and at least potentially enjoyable

a somewhat more serious addendum:
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/270/?
this guy made some decent mods for the high level sorcerer spells, seism and bolide especially

It might be the most overrated game Holla Forums has tricked me into playing.

It's quite enjoyable especially if you have the payed version and can trade pawns. Tedious at the beginning but extremely entertaining when you get used to it.

Melee classes feel the least fun to me, I usually go rogue. Magic is enjoyable for me too, since it's one of the few classes that does magic well.

its an unfinished masterpiece

Anyone can say that about any game on this site though, like pic related

Well, Mystic Knight is the best shit ever, so you're not wrong.

Every single time, every fucking game anyone likes is overhyped. fuck off

I changed stat growth to add +1 str and +1 matk at the expense of -1 def and -1 mdef for MK, because I want to be able to play the class without gimping myself in lategame.

The game was fantastic before that point.

Something where you just mash buttons without minding your moveset or any resources like stamina or energy. Unlike musous, which are absolute bottom you actually need to watch your enemies in DD and dodge/block them, but otherwise you just whack them with whatever.
In contrast in monhun every frame of attack animation matters.

No, but in most games you can swap classes/weapons at will from get go. Don't like this? Try that! Why the fuck I need to play for 10 hours with weapon I don't like just to unlock the one I like?

I'm not saying that climbing is a bad gimmick, but it's still just a gimmick. You barely have unique attack and reaction animations to different enemies to make stand out.
Weak spots and breakable parts however should be a must in any action game as a norm now. Or some alternative to it.

This one gets far more praise than it deserves.

You can spam trickster dodge in DMC3 from get go you know. I guess it's only fantastic until that point too.

It felt rather bland. I jumped into the game not expecting anything but:
Voice acting felt like people simply read their lines from a paper, no "acting" at all. The first section of the game felt empty & rushed for me, I also started as a rogue and the combat wasn't interesting either. Also the game felt like it had great modding potential, but finding out there wasn't really anything didn't improve my opinion

This happened many times before though, I don't like a game at first but after playing through it, it becomes one of my favourite games. Perhaps this will happen for this game too

Great but flawed game. Dark Arisen is also damage sponge and grind central, which isn't fun.

I've never played the DMC games, but that has absolutely nothing to do with what I just said.
They're two different games for a reason. If having infinite rolls works in DMC, neat. It doesn't change the fact that it does not work in DD:DA.

Well there is a really good mod.

Its called the Into Free mod.

It's really good, probably one the best RPG's to come out in the last several years, especially in terms of transitioning the team aspects of rpg's to an action/adventure formula

I've been playing the game for a few days now on Holla Forums's recommendation and I have to say I'm not really feeling it.

The combat is great, don't get me wrong, but everything else feels…eh.

The story seems a bit shit (I've only just gotten around to seeing the Duke because I was trying to complete sidequests first because the guy said any uncompleted quests would be wiped) but the writing and the quest lines they've given so far are pretty standard for your "single player MMO open world RPG". Coming straight of The Witcher 3's quests and writing though, pretty much anything was going to look like linear filler.

After playing DD and TW3, all I can say is that I wish TW3 had DD's combat. DD is good, but outside of the combat I don't enjoy it, whereas in TW3 I enjoy everything but the combat.

tl;dr, game is OK.

So you're admitting that the roll in DD:DA horribly breaks any sense of difficulty in the game?

Nice, somehow we've come to that conclusion from me saying that the roll is OP, that was quite a stretch.
It's not a different playstyle.
It just breaks the game by giving you 99% immunity to all attacks while spamming it PLUS giving you full stam regen during. The rest of Assassin was fine.

There's a huge difference between using an ability that's coded into the game, and clicking a button to make enemies weaker.
If I have to impose artificial limitations on myself because of the game's own flaws, the game has failed in that aspect of design.

I could run through a Souls game fisting things while naked, but I'm not going to do that because it's adds fucking pointless artificial difficulty.

Fantastic game. Keep playing. It gets better.

Did Mystic knight third play though and it is hands down my favorite. Perfect balance of magic and melee.

Got this loli for my first play through. Couldn't stop laughing because my character was a Guts look a like. The romance cutscene was just plain weird.

only if they didnt cut all that shit from the original concept, maybe.

I KEEP GETTING FUCKING MADELEINE

I made sure to give her some Liquid Effluvium before completing the Bad Business quest, so her affinity for me would reset to 0. She even went "Ugh". Then I went to Cassardis and talked to Selene several times to make sure she's my chosen one. AND YET IN THE CUTSCENE, MADELEINE SHOWS UP. What the fuck, man. And yes, I did the thing with Effluvium before accepting the "Deny Salvation" quest.

listen to your heart, deep down she is always the one.

Mercedes is best girl and deep down everyone of you know.
You can't deny my superior taste and the superiority of resigned housewife and mother Mercedes.

Looks pretty good, but there are minions accompanying the player in every review I see. Are they necessary?
I prefer being a loner

You can toss them into the sea, and never resummon them again.

Pretty much.

Game is made around you having AI companions, you can go solo but thats for the more experienced

Why would so many people rush to defend it if it couldn't stand on its own merit? Obviously it's just too patrician for you

Why would you want to play a sparkly magical faggot when you can be a badass warrior?

You have shit taste.

It hurts.Also i hope the pc sold units are enough to guarantee a sequel(no DDO nor card game).Capcom are the worst jew i ever saw.

Too bad, I really hate that shit. Its combat looks tasty though, maybe I'll give it a try.

Only 300k. I am sorry.

PC version sold like 300k.
That's actually pretty decent for a rushed PC port, but crapcom won't make a sequele either way.

People here love it. I can understand why, it's kind of a sleeper hit. A Nip-developed WRPG from Capcom of all people. Just by exceeding expectations, it built a cult following.
But I'm not really into it. It has lots of good elements (day/night cycle that matters, the pawn system in general, combat that's better than most ARPGs). But it lacks a lot of polish, and its open world feels contrived and repetitive due to the static mob spawns.
I hope we get a sequel, and I hope it improves on the original, because this game had a lot of potential, and I think it can be more fully realized.

Just keep going.

The late game gets better, and BBI which is the end game DLC is brilliant.

Every class is a blast to play, take a look into everything. Don't go to Bitterblack Island until you've beaten the game, or you will faceroll the rest of the game with its superior gear. Look into pawn attunements, those are the most important factors for their behaviour.

There is also Dragon's Dogma Online, which has gimped classes but a very good new overworld. It will enter season 2.0 in about a week.

The thing about DD is that pretty much everything else but the combat is kinda shit, the combat itself is 9-10\10 though.
It lacks in so many areas though, that I think it's justified to not like it, shit like boring quests and not much enemy variety just kills the game.

Hard mode is where it's at, but be careful that they beginning is a bit too bullshit (bats will oneshot you) and in the beginning you'll actually overlevel the monsters, due to increased XP and gold. You can use a mod which halves XP to fix that.

Why would you ever recommend hard mode for someone thats new to the game? Do you want to completely ruin the game for them?

Hard mode is actually bad for a playthrough, due to how class leveling works.
Basically, you get class xp(I think they're called discipline points) if you're getting 100 or less xp, so while they would level much faster, they'd take twice as much time to get new class abilities, which just sucks the fun out of the game.

What torrent did you use? Mine didn't want to work at all.

Weaknesses in dragon's dogma are wierd, because there are separate weaknesses to elements and elemental statuses, ergo, fire is an element and burning is an elemental status. Ice spells can freeze, and electrical attacks can shock-stun. For examples where this matter, you get zombies who are resistant to cold but weak to freezing.

Where I'm going with this is, the lizards in the well aren't weak to fire but they are weak to burning. Their real weakness is ice magic, and take good damage while freezing easily.

Everything feels too slow after using a high level magick archer. You get too used to sprinting for days and spam rolling and double jumping like a retard while killing everything from a comfy distance. Could maybe try mystic knight with a stat growth mod next.

If I could mod anything else, it would definitely be warrior skills, swapping models of lategame weapons with better looking ones, and nuking the lolconsole retarded inventory UI that takes forever to manage. While I'm at it, would ask god for a sequel.

Play sorcerer. You'll have fun.

For best effect, 3 other sorceror pawns lets you cast spells faster

300k for a year old port is great, what the fuck were you expecting?

Most people have already played the game to death on consoles.

4*

Button is fucking broken

Nigga you stupid? DP gets calculated off the base XP an enemy grants.

Killing a rabbit on Normal with 4 pawns will grant same DP as doing it solo on Hard, even if you will get more XP.

I just downloaded this game yesterday, whats the most fun class to play and why?

It's a pretty simple to pick up and play RPG with basic classes, stat management, and combat. It features a fantastic soundtrack, interesting enemy designs, and an engaging but barebones story. It's the type of game that is rough around the edges but it clearly gives the impression that its developers wanted to create something fun.

The game has some pretty glaring flaws:

Despite all of this, the enemies are genuinely fun to fight, and the classes are genuinely fun to learn how to use. Each one is pretty simple, but offers a variety of unique abilities that keep combat fresh for some time, and the game goes out of its way to remix enemy scenarios in order to keep the player on their toes. The DLC expansion (Dark Arisen) that is now packaged along with the base game adds some new minor and boss enemies and somewhat remedies the problem of player strength in relation to the enemy.

It's fun, it's worth at least a playthrough.

Where are the mods? I looked on moddb and it has 0 mods for this game

Assassin or Mystic Knight. Start off as Strider.

For mods, look to nexus.

Try nexus.

I hope a game expands on DD's giant enemies and climbing mechanics one day

Yeah, by completely overdoing it in the opposite direction, and making a bunch of enemies nigh-untouchable if you've got the wrong party, the wrong skills equipped, or haven't optimised your stat progression.

Don't get me wrong, I love the shit out of DD and I've played it through multiple times, but rocking up with your wreck-everything endgame build and suddenly finding you're literally unable to hurt an Elder Ogre isn't exactly the smoothest of difficulty curves.

Well, you're not wrong, but at least two out of the three things you've mentioned are your own fault. If you don't have the right skills or party equipped, you can't really blame the game for that, especially when there are hybrid classes that allow you to use melee and magick damage simultaneously. On the other hand, the game doesn't really encourage the player to maximize their build, and I can see how you'd think a scenario where an all melee party gets their ass kicked by some Magick Armor is bullshit. Maybe the game needs a bestiary, or maybe some ability that allows you to "scan" enemies and get a reading of their strengths and weaknesses. Of course, every time a single person makes a suggestion about a potential change, someone has to bitch about it, so I'm sure not everyone would like the ability to scan enemies; even without it, it's not too difficult to discern the enemies weaknesses. I mean pawns will scream it at you - "TIS WEAK TO FIRE!" "THE HEART ARISEN ATTACK THE HEART" and all that.

Because I played it on Hard Mode on my first playthrough and enjoyed it a lot.

WARRIOR NIGGA

It's all about spending a gorillion years charging the mother of all blows and then watching whatever poor creature you hit explode into bloody goop.

Dragon's Dogma Online has many more variations of those enemies.

I.e. giants also come as trolls (throw barrels, emit poison), ents (stomping to create tremors) and good old cyclops come with cleave.

No.
But it is good. Its fighting is where it shines. It has a catch though, there isnt much to do or explore. Well you can explore but I never felt awarded for it. I played on on the xbox first. Bitterblack island adds a lot more but its postgame content, unless you wanna do a challenge run.

What this game does well, it does very well. But its lacking a lot of other stuff.
Heres hoping to dragons dogma 2.
I still highly recommend it though OP

Been playing the game for a week or two now, I like it a lot but it definitely has its flaws.

In the beginning of the game you have to fight a lot of encounters without taking a hit. With very little skills you will probably end up relying on pawns for help. When you get to late game you will be over-leveled thanks to the double exp gain, and most of the challenge is going to come from Bitter Black Isle.

You can tell that the game is unfinished simply by wandering around the world map. Large swathes of nothing await you, and overworld travelling will simply become a nuisance until you get a few portcrystals. Even so, I did have fun exploring the world at first and seeing how far I could go, but this loses any fun it had once the map is explored. The world isn't all bad though, dungeons in the game are fun, and some act as shortcuts in the overworld. I only wish there were more of them.

As far as the npcs go, they're especially bad. Most npcs have one or two lines of voiced dialogue, and that's it. A handful of npcs offer quests, and that's about. I found a couple of npcs in the game that were endearing and felt like a necessary part of the story, but even they were pointless beyond that. I would have much rather seen the devs scrap voice acting altogether just so they could've expanded the dialogue in the game. At least then they could afford to write more for npcs beyond their allotted two lines. There are a few quests that even seem a bit contrived, such as the one where the duke throws you in jail after he discovers that you saw him assault his wife and after you defeat Grigori and have to report back to the castle only to be chased out as a criminal. The former has no impact after the quest because nothing changes between you and the duke; it just feels really out of place and forced. The latter is bad because you can still run around Gran Soren after the fact, even though the guards should attack you on sight. I understand why they don't in the game; as this would make going to Gran Soren a pain in the ass, but at least it would make sense.

All vocations in the game can equip six skills, three to their primary weapon and three to their secondary weapon. Warrior can't equip a secondary weapon, so the class only gets three skills. This is fine for some cases, like beating down small mobs, but can be disadvantageous against almost every large monster. Cyclops, Ogres, Golems, and Chimeras are easy to fight as a warrior as they stay grounded, can easily be mounted, and take damage at ground level. Any flying creature presents a huge problem, as the warrior only has one aerial attack. The main strategy you'll be using as a warrior is just climbing on the monster when you get the opportunity and spam your light attack, all the while burning through stamina recovery items. Some monsters can be grounded momentarily, but this doesn't last long and you'll resume a mounted assault. The best strategy I found was to have two mage pawns and a third with the springboard skill so I could reach the monster. Warrior is definitely the least versatile class, and even though I really like the obscene amounts of damage I could do, I found myself saying "If only I were any other vocation I'd have a better strategy against this monster."

I think that's most of my problems with the game, this post turned out a lot bigger than I intended.

Have modders put the Guts and Griffith gear into the PC version?

Kill yourself

300k is really good. it would be 300,001 if OP wasn't such a faggot

He is right though faggot.
As much as I may like to play as a big guy with a big sword it has the least DPS of any class and has less skills for you to use.

Warrior needed to have auxiliary skills that did things like increase your swing speed, increase you damage, make your character absorb more damage, rage mode, things of that nature. All they had to do was give the Warrior have some buffs and it would be just as good as the other classes. As warrior stands right now it is the worst class, even Mages are better than it because you can improve your skills with the rings to make the spells even stronger.

Killing Daimon's second form as a Warrior is a fucking nightmare.

I soloed Daimon and Daimon 2 with Warrior back when I played.
Absolutely mind-numbling, literally just jump + light attack and grab + jump + light attack the whole fight over and over and over.

Well there's your problem, you're not having enough fun.
Pick another class

That's how I felt when I fought Grigori. I didn't want to switch vocations for the fight so I just spammed liquid vim and conquerors preriapts and stabbed him in the heart for five minutes till he died. It was awful.

I tried to get Madeleine, but I ended up getting the inkeeper in Gran Soren.
Into the fucking brine he went.

I'm of the same opinions of this guy. I do, however, like feel like it has the best magic and magic management of any game I've played.

Another thing is that I'm not big on the setting in general, but obviously that's more of a personal thing.

Pros:

Cons:

This game has a lot of potential but it falls flat at some points due to design choices. It's worth a playthrough and if you enjoyed the whole thing there's NG+ and Hard Mode.

They do, but the remaining commoner area doesn't have Manse guards.

The only guards that will attack you are the ones in the rich housing area near the castle, everyone else is just worried about that giant hole in the center.

**you can skip returning to the castle entirely and just jump in the hole when you first arrive to gran soren after defeating the dragon* *

Allow me to explain: In the first quest you pointed out, you get thrown in jail because the woman throws you under the bus essentially. The scene begins as she invites you to her private chambers and the Duke walks in on the two of you. Now, if you were the Duke, and without proper context, what would you assume is going on? Private yoga lessons? Prior to this, every interaction with her implies that she's attracted to you but her position as the Duke's wife prevents her from truly expressing herself to you. This is why she arranges to meet you when no one is around, and this is why she relays messages to you through her servants.

There are multiple ways you can interpret this scene. Maybe you think she's a manipulative cunt who wanted to get your guard down before kicking you, or maybe she just did what she thought was best in the heat of the moment in order to spare both her and yourself from a far worse fate.

The second scenario is post game. The Duke is an Arisen who made a deal with Grigori to forego his quest in exchange for power. Grigori gives you the same negotiations. If you destroy the Dragon, then every Arisen who is connected to it - both the Duke and the Dragonforged - will wither away because they never fought him in order to retrieve their hearts. This explains why he is aging very quickly when you meet him, and he commands his guards to attack and subdue you because he thinks you've beaten Grigori in an attempt at usurping his throne.

He thinks you accepted the dragon's deal, because he thinks it's impossible to kill the dragon.

holy shit have you actually gone the entire game without using the unlimited fast travel stone in your fucking storage box?

Guess I didn't realize that the Manse guards weren't just city guards.

I understand how the events of the Arousing Suspicion quest work in terms of the storyline. But it seems silly and pointless when you can go back to the castle after your prison escape and the duke's dialogue doesn't even change. I guess contrived really isn't the right word; the quest makes in terms of the storyline, but there's a jarring contrast between what happens in that quest when compared to the actual gameplay.

Pawns are fucking annoying and their AI is rock stupid aside from decent pathing so it's mostly babysitting trying to keep them from either getting steamrolled or killing everything. World is a bit enjoyable to explore but the rest is fairly bland. It's just that it's the first game waifufags have played with some sliver of redeeming quality.

Man I really want to do another play tough has mystic knight maybe after I finish fucking around in DS witha friend I'll do it
Still playing has an Assassin/MA was tons of fun (specially MA, setting yourself on fire and then jumping on fools was hilarious)

Dragon dogma online is utter shit, you are pissing me off with your shitty taste.

The console version looks like ass compared to that, I wish I had a decent PC.

You must be one impatient piece of shit then.

Since WHEN has there ever been an ARPG where you get the full depth of gameplay in the first hour of gameplay?

WE

No niggerish in the least bit and works proudly for his country as a spy killing filthy commies even when the Arisen is to weak to do it.

Fuck off faggot, not every nigger in a game is inherently bad.

Infact Irakalis single handedly changes the way warrior is generally played since its critical hit chance is maginified by using multihit attacks.

Yeah, my bad.

Well that's fair enough, but maybe that's an example of ludonarrative dissonance? During the cutscene the Duke wants to hang your ass, but during gameplay he doesn't even mention anything related to your transgression. On the other hand, maybe he still wants to make use of your service? At that point in the game, he knows that you aren't aware of the Dragon's wager, and the people of Gran Soren know you as a public figure of sorts - the man who slayed a Hydra and who has the Duke's blessing to partake in the Wyvern Hunt - so he knows he could manipulate you into doing his bidding, and that it'd be bad for publicity to ostracize or execute you without due justice, so maybe he's just waiting for you to outlive your usefulness before having you hunted down by assassins? Maybe he felt the Dragon would make quick use of you so there was no reason to make his true feelings known? The game never makes any mention of the Duke's true motivations or thoughts about you on a personal basis, so this is just something I pulled out of my ass to justify his lack of dialogue. It's not the first game that asks you to fill in the blanks.

You're supposed to train them. If you get shit pawns from people, then it's the player who owns them who is at fault. I wish the game offered a more in depth explanation and control over your pawns, though. Maybe an entire fucking status screen that lets you tweak their behaviors, personality, and specific responses to things, as well as commands you could issue in the overworld.

Playing the bullet hell class aka: the Mystic knight was a real test to the framerate also consider that this is a not optimized/properly geared MK

Get the mod that halves XP, to play hard mode.

Be aware that if I ever find you, I'm going to slap you with my penis.

It's shit.
Gameplay is repetitive and easy as fuck, story is shit, the world is empty and most quests are mmo-tier trash.
I don't understand how can anyone like this garbage.

Because you have bad taste.
Good dubs tho.

You could always ditch the pawns and play solo?

Webm related, had to carry my loli out myself.

It's immersive and the combat is really fun. Also it's surprisingly free, you can fuck up things easily which I like.

Her death would make Berserk better again

I had fun babysitting a loli for most of the game, and then in BBI she'd carry hard by making sure I never had to babysit other pawns (she'd heal, dispell, save them from grabs, etc all on her own).
Only time I had trouble with her was with chained gorecyclopes, like here.

Might and Magic, TES and plenty other RPG of that era did it better
TES has that and with mods much more
Gothic with cheats also to some degree
ok
holy shit no. Fucking wolves bandits goblins and harpies for the entire game. Again Might and Magic and TES did it better.

Nigger what? The ONLY time I had fun with magic in TES was when using it to break the game in morrowind, and maybe in oblivion with the fun spells from that Midas Magic mod.

Since when is not liking casual trash considered bad taste?

I don't see what's so fun about the combat. It's pure mindless button mashing that requires no skill at all.

I'm playing through Morrowind at the moment and magic is fantastic. It's not balanced, but it's not some spell you charge up for 10 seconds.

Flinging buzzwords around like a libbie.

TES:Morrowind does it better and that's specifically because you truly can pull off bullshit that straight up breaks the engine at your leisure. Might and Magic is a dungeon crawler and you have to use the power of your imagination, unless you mean Dark Messiah. As for "of that Era" I'd like to point out that Dragon's Dogma was released in 2012, so please point to anything from that same year with equal wizardin feels.

I don't think you know what "creature design" means. He's talking about how they look and their aesthetics. Morrowind has all RPGs beat in terms of aesthetics so it's not really a point for or against anything to me anymore, but Might and Magic really?

I take it you didn't make it to the point where the game throws trolls at you, and starts mixing things up.

There's one that lets you mix and match weapons, armor, and skills between classes. That's the only big gameplay mod though.

Then don't play with pawns, you'll level up faster and can use an assassin augment that makes you more powerful to compensate

So you played the tutorial and didn't like it, that's fine. Protip: later on (unless you're a minmaxed Assassin playing on easy), it's about smart use of skills, pawn skills, timing, potions, and positioning.
If you want fun early-on, head to Hellfire Grove and take on the red Drake at level 20-30. It's doable if you're not terrible, and a really fun fight. Aim for the heart.
Especially fun as a warrior with mage pawn; slash at (or get mage pawn to bully) it's wings until it comes down, get it's attention, tank a couple hits (not fire though, that fucks you up), and land an Arc (or other charge attack) right on it's heart, and it's often stunned just long enough to land another charge attack on it's heart shortly after it gets up (if you're positioned right and know the length of your weapon good).

naturally I meant the era of Might and Magic 6 and Morrowind. I'm kind of stumped when it comes to modern games, satisfying magic seems to be a lost art in video games these days.
shrines.rpgclassics.com/pc/mm4_5/monsters_4.shtml
Though you can argue that monster design creativity took a hit after 6.
I have found the looks of DDDA monsters to be completely bland. NPC models and Grigori look good though.

Buzzword is a buzzword. :^)

I did and I wasn't too impressed.

I played for around 8 hours on Normal and 4 on Hard Mode actually, but I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to give this game another try.

Shit what nigger?

Please respond ;_;

I got my working game off KAT but there seems to have been a recent sweep. Havent tried gamestorrent.co/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen.html but they havent failed me yet

Resurrecting this thread with info about DDO(yeah,i know but for the infos it seems they fixed some of the shit they did):

Other changes and refinements in Season 2.0:

better rewards and xp upon completing main quests
ease of area rank conditions to be fulfilled for main quests
adjustment of the strength and difficulty bosses in main quest

flying enemies will now fall to the ground if their stamina gauge is drained to zero
new stamina drain mechanics
clipping at walls issue fixed - large monsters that fall down will take damage (none of this ‘it’s stuck in a tree and it won’t take damage no matter how much you hit it’ rubbish)
players will no longer easily fall off when clinging on enemies that brush against walls
difficulty adjusted for Alchemised Griffin, Zuhl, Giga Machina

all nine vocations can be selected at the start
various adjustments to custom skills and abilities of each vocation
players can select and save skills combinations and swap the combinations in the field.

no more crafting level restriction when crafting items
option to reset the crafting ability points of main pawns available
option to have crafted item to be finished immediately available
Lestania News will have information on materials and drops on enemies

The stamina mechanic and crafting were the biggest problem and the crafting seems to be fixed.If they fix the stamina i could jump again in to get my DD fix and see the new classes.

Still no baka gajin allowed?

(Checken mein Führer)

I think yes it is still blocked but IIRC the fix isn't too much work and the translation patch probably made huge steps since the time it was released.

It's solid. Not as great as Holla Forums makes it out to be. Maybe that's just me being jaded after playing it for so long. In a sea of shit it's quite shiny.

When's the sequel?

now if only they'd remove the IP block like Sega did for PSO2

I gave it a try after seeing this thread and…
Holy shit, this is so good.

The AI is awesome, the combat is funny and it keeps getting better, the character creation actually matters IF YOU PLAY AS A FUCKING WOMAN YOU USE MORE STAMINA FOR MEELE ATTACKS, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU PLAYED A GAME WITH THIS MECHANIC FAGGOT , it has functioning hitboxes, monsters are actually different from each other, the main city is adequately large, quest aren't spoonfed to you and most of the time the monsters you encounter are too strong, even in starting areas…

I honestly can't understand how a game this well made went so unnoticed in the west

It actually sold better in the west than it did in Japan. Think about that for a moment, and then think about why Capcom would put an IP block on Dragon's Dogma Online.

Better pirate or buy it? I just dont want waste money and in same time want good co-op.

THE BEST CHOICE IS CLEAR

There is no sequel user. Gamers are shit.

We get an actually good game for once but it won't sell because it doesn't have a recognisable name nor a huge marketing budget. Meanwhile Fallout 4 sold 10 million copies.

Damn it all to hell.

Well, I certainly know what game I'm going to playing for quite a while.

I was married to adventuran you double nigger. The best girl wasn't even romanceable.

It fucking hurts, user

It goes farther than that, user, it does little details so well

I probably forgot about more stuff. Dragon's Dogma is fucking great in TECHNOLOGY things.

I had no Idea, but we shouldn't be surprised since it's well known that capcom hates money.

I do want to act like a slut, but I don't want to cuck my virtual self. What do?

Jesus Christ user, I think you need to stop.

Romance your pawn
What could go wrong?

there is no online play. You just get to download and upload pawns.

im buying this tomorow is there a list of anons i should add? especially anons that are buying this now so i can use they low lv pawns

I'd enjoy this game more if I didn't have to mod in a save fix to make multiple save files at once.
also making more than one pawn to make my 6 man band would have been comfy but beggars can't be choosers. I also wish the CC had more hair styles and oprions for bigger tits/more in detail character creation

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-n50bJM4l1R-OtlqlMjXveGUAUrPutCU5cR8b_fxYCY/edit?usp=sharing

if I twinked myself out in bbi solo then tried to level my pawn to give her the gear, killing a rabbit would level her like 30 times i bet

Not really, all what you need to do is tell pawn name + lvl, so i could drag this lil bastard through bbi.
Hope thread survive till the next week.

there's a mod for three extra hairstyles, swaps out 3 of the presets with aelinore's two style and quina's ultra-long hair. still not much though

not always, the large enemies in particular are guilty of shit hitboxes

Everyone is romanceable

what about you ?

Doubt they'll do it,since Capcom is made by fucking idiots but the fix i found on leddit seems pretty easy.
I'm just waiting to see the new stamina mechanic and see if they really fixed it or not.

All right,saw a video: it seems there is still the idiotic stamina bar that you have to go on the monster and shake it or use spells.
It seems through,that there is another icon that fills with attacks and when it's full it drains a lot of the stamina and it makes easier to "shake off" what remains.I could accept it if the stamina bar doesn't appear every fucking second but i couldn't find anything about it in the video.

For those interested,video embbeded.

It's not nearly as good as the threads here made it seem. We're either full of console fags with low standards or shills

From the threads are constantly saying how it's incomplete. The majority of the issues with the game can be attributed to this and fans are pretty open with it. People love the game for what the devs were able to finish with the shitty conditions and time-constraints that Capcom made them work with, and those are things that often can't be found in other games.

If Capcom ports it to the Panta Rhei engine, I'll buy it again.

Great combat.
A fantastic character creator that's better than anything I've seen since my first game in 1998.
And a typical Japanese mindfuck story that you'll love if you are into Japanime.

Is it the best game ever? No. But it IS better than most rpgs that come out. Even after putting in 90 hours I was never bored.