Border Wall Showdown: Team Trump Threatens Government Shut Down Over 'Beautiful' Wall

Throughout his campaign Trump touted several policies which would require massive increases in government spending including his infrastructure plan, new military funding and the border wall. That said, at least in this round of Congressional bickering, it looks like the border wall will be key issue which could leave 1,000s of federal government employees with a little extra paid vacation time in 2017.

As negotiations continue, the White House says it has offered to include $7 billion in Obamacare subsidies that allow low-income people to pay for health insurance in exchange for Democratic backing for $1.5 billion in funding to start construction of the U.S.-Mexico border wall. Congressional negotiators have also offered to cut back Trump's proposed $30 billion increase in defense spending.

While Republicans control Congress, any budget deal will have to be passed on a bipartisan basis as members of the Freedom Caucus typically refuse to support unbalanced budgets in the House and Senate approval will require 60 votes while Republicans hold only 52 seats.

Not surprisingly, Chuck Schumer described Trump's border wall is the only "fly in the ointment" to getting a budget deal done.

Meanwhile, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi went on Chuck Todd's “Meet the Press” over the weekend to start playing the "blame game" over who's responsible for a government shut down that hasn't yet occurred.

Of course, the budget showdown comes just as Trump continues to pressure Congress to vote on a new healthcare deal this week and has promised to release his tax plan on Wednesday…both of which would be a poke in the eye of Democrats just as he's trying to win their support on a budget deal. Should be a fun week with lots of flip flops.

Other urls found in this thread:

politico.com/magazine/story/2017/04/23/trump-loves-media-reporters-white-house-215043
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If they can't even give us a fucking wall, then just shut everything down, it's not a functional government anyways.

By electing Trump, people voted to build the wall.

No matter how much these kikes kvetch, Trump will give us the wall. EVEN if he didn't really care for his race, which he might or might not, even then he would build it, because he is clearly the kind of man who cares about his legacy. He wants to be remembered as some kind of hero throughout history.

Trump clearly cares for Republican voters. It can't be 100% certain he cares for them because they're white, but he knows that whites vote Republican and his policies are heavily tailored towards removing about 30 million non-whites and reducing death rates among whites while improving our job prospects.

if he doesn't deliver on the wall we will come for his fucking head

Checked for truth. If he goes back on this, possibly the biggest campaign promise, it will be war.

Unrelated, captcha

I just want to see them build a literal Wall-Mart into the wall that sells donald trump bobble heads. Then I can die happy.

SHUT THE MOTHER FUCKER DOWN

Newt had the balls to do it twice. He used it has a tool to beat the democrats in to submission. The new GOPe is so cucked now they cave every single time a shutdown comes close.

PLEASE NO. I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR OVER 5 MONTHS TO START A JOB AT THE POST OFFICE.

TBH can't wait to see how Trump 4D's them. Both getting voted on is not a coincidence. MAybe he's forcing them to split the energy on press kvetching?

It's only a couple of words, yet it oozes with slime.

BUILD THE FUCKING WALL

no wall, no budget. Better just shut down then, cause that wall is getting built.

They actually blame the shutdowns in the 90's on R's losing to the D's in the 2nd half of the 90's

Not sure if true or not. It why they were so skiddish about it last couple times it came up.

How the fuck am I paying your salary when you charge me for every little thing and never deliver shit right and leave packages out for Mexicans to steal? And when you complain, they send you to some other office in the State and it gets nowhere.

Lucky you.

instead i get a fat sweaty old fuck who just drops my shit out of his truck and stuffs shit in my mailbox so tight that it's impossible to get out. stopped when i started complaining every single time the fucking cunt fucked up. bitch ass faggot

Thats the meme MSM pushed. Also the "wasted" time on the clintian impeachment. They pushed it so hard it caused the chickenshit GOPe to think shutdowns can only be the fault of republicans and if they happen they will all be voted out of office. Thats why the democrats love the "shutdown" threat so much now.

The truth is that there have been 18 "shutdowns" since the mid 1970s. They happened 8 times under Reagon.

Sucks to be you fam, I have a qt3.14 mail woman that delivers shit right.

GO FUCKING NUCLEAR ALREADY

Where did this fücking 60 meme even come from. We don't govern by a consensus of 60 we govern by majority. God I hate democracy.

It's disgusting how fining white people every April 15 and charging exorbitant rates still isn't enough to cover the cost of Crackheadcare.

If I remember correctly I think it was a rule change dreamed up by Chuck Schumer just a few years ago. Too lazy to look it up right now.

There is literally no reason why FedEx, UPS and DHL couldn't replace the Post Office.

It's fucking pointless.

Murder is the only way to depopulate a nation.

I take it you've never worked at any of those places.
FedEx Fuckup Express
UPS United Poz Shipper Unified Peon Squeezer Unintelligent Package Squishers
DHL China Express

All of them treat their employees like shit, UPS hires tons of spics and niggers, and all of them are known for shit package handling.
I still ship larger shit through UPS, but only because I know the internal structure.
The white workers are undeniably awesome, but the management is goomba fucks, or Paul Allen wannabes.

It looks like Trump already gave up on wall funding.

http:// www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-24/government-shutdown-averted-trump-willing-wait-border-wall-funds-until-september

Jesus Christ…

Nigger I don't care what republican officials want, I care what people voted to get done. This is why democracy is a shit system

If he keeps getting blocked by cucks we're going to have to take matters into our own hands.

Did you subhuman Americans learn yet that democracy and republicanism are the cancers which destroyed our race? Equality, tolerance, democracy, freedom: these are terms which only semites use.

We learned about it from when the English and French etc. started killing of their leaders in an attempt to equalize between the borgousie and proleteriat (I can't spell). Also, no D&C please.

After 18 horrible months of "muh Gawd emprah", I think I have a duty to shut these imbeciles down. The only way the American public could finally understand the inferiority of the democratic system was by showing them first hand its flaws. This is the only reason why I went along with all your country's crap and embarrassed myself in public with my friends and family just to try and rationalize Trump's controversies. I hope the liberal fucks cuck him out on every issue because the faster your country of negroids, race traitors, and materialists collapses, the quicker I may rejoice.

You know, if we fall apart in "the wrong way", it'll be worse for you than before, you know that right? At present, you have a superpower that at least has to keep the facade of being a republic. Should it collapse and the Jews play both sides correctly, you'll have a true authoritarian regime for whom there is no contender at present at the Jew's beck and call.

They know right if Trump gets rid of the wall promise then next election pretty much everyone except from those from really leftists states and the Walls strongest backers are going

if that happens, you truly deserve it. As will all our children for 1000 years to come.

Guys, could Trump declare martial law if the government shuts down over something like this?

So burgers got rused?

Republicans want 60 seats in 2018. Not really sure if a shutdown will prevent them from hitting that, but some may be worried. The media has been instrumental in the past for blaming it on Republicans. Democrats are blocking something that was one of Trump's campaign promises. Considering people's confidence levels in the party and in the media, a shutdown would hurt Democrats this time. It is in their best interest to get as many concessions as they can and then let the initial phase go through at the end. They will have some people who are not up for re-election in the midterm cave.

politico.com/magazine/story/2017/04/23/trump-loves-media-reporters-white-house-215043

Lad ive seen you posting. I know a bunch of people that work for the post office. Couple guys around my age and a couple older guys. The guys around my age.. All quit after a year. The older guys hate it and curse the day they took the job because they are now stuck at the point where they have too much time invested to quit. Fuck I live in a town of 100k.. not huge and not small.. I went to the post office to have something mailed certified and I saw the people working and their demeanors. You could tell they live a life of constant depression. So I asked the guy helping me "hey Im a veteran and I havent had a good time finding a job how is the post office?" "You would be happier working as an off the books construction laborer"

Pull your tunnelvision back a bit lad you are currently deadset on getting the worst job available.

They are truly cucks. They have the opportunity of making the dems force a shutdown and they are cucking so fucking hard.

lol

Trump is pretty much Crassus. We're getting that fucking wall even if he has to lay the bricks himself. Hell, we can get right wing construction squads to build it on our own, write it off as a "business expense" and the kike government can reimburse us.

That god damned wall is getting built, and we can do it the easy way or the hard way, kikes. So help me god. We voted for the wall, we're getting the wall, or we're getting both the wall and a day of the rope. They just don't know when to stop.

If the government is that incompetent that they can't do what the people voted for, shut it the fuck down, go ahead. We'll build an adjacent government and you can just all stay shut down permanently. And if you complain we'll fucking lynch you.

My ancestors threw a revolution over a tax on tea…they're rolling in their graves looking at the shit we put up with. I want the wall or I want blood. You have an entire generation with NOTHING to lose. Keep pushing us.

Meme this.

Get it trending on twatter!

Instead of a wall, why not dig a canal? Like panama.

Physically separate the US from Mexico.

The Rio Grande already exists. There's a reason they're called "wetbacks", user. Unlike niggers, it appears that someone taught spics to swim.

Actually that was more symbolic. It was more that the colony was self sufficient, yet heavily taxed, and received little military protection and no say in homeland or local politics

No shit. Point is, they had relatively small and few taxes. There wasn't even an income tax. But they threw a revolution over the equivalent of a tenth of our current sales tax alone.

Today we may as well be taxed without representation, because I certainly didn't consent to what they use my taxes for. Yet everyone takes it. And it's not just a little tariff on some imported goods. They take 30% of our income, then another 10% for everything we buy with that after-tax income, and they tax our property, and they tax our employer another 30% which is effectively us paying them 60% for our labor and then taxing us again for spending it. I'm not kidding that we pay roughly 10x more in taxes than our ancestors did, and our taxes go to far more nefarious purposes like handouts to pakistan and israel, pork, child rape gangs run by bigwigs, the cia so they can hijack all the opium fields of the world, and blatant uses like gibs for shaquaniqua and paco, or importing ten thousand somalian rapist criminals to destroy our neighborhoods.

We're getting shafted way harder currently and we're sitting there taking it. The kikes got people addicted to smartphones and lattes, and now they're unwilling to risk these modern luxuries to dare confront the evils they commit with our tax money.

Now instead of being autistic and reading verbatim from a history book like a good goy, do you get my point? The time to pitch a "tea party" came and went and we stayed inside watching television.