There will never be a direct follow up to Quake

You are Trent Reznor fighting a million copies of Trent while Trent plays the music in the background on your quest to defeat the ultimate Trent Reznor.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=119489135
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just play custom levels and pretend the quake has neverending free dlc.

Where's the best page to download custom level?

Pretty sure the adventurers Heroin and Success already did that.

Get Quake Injector and play all the 4/5 star episodes/maps.

I hurt myself today.

But holy shit Quake's OST and sound design is so fucking good,

>For years, everyone blows their load over Quakes 2 and 3

I'm more than a little upset. Y'all niggas gotta quit pretending you haven't been shitting on the one true Quake for the better part of a decade.
Where the fuck have you fags been all this time? Certainly not on Holla Forums.

Quakeone forums.

>he dies in one hit

To see if I still feel

While shooting Trent Reznor-branded ammo.

2 was alright.

3 was when it turned into esports shit. Also UT99 was good.

And for good reason, i just tried it out few days ago and it's shit.

Because for the longest time Quake 1 was left in peace as the series moved on with stuff like Quake Live, but now I've been once more reminded that a direct sequel to Quake 1 will never be made, and everyone is riding on the coatails of Quake 3

Quit talking like a nigger.

What did you find so bad about it?

>Q2fags, Q3fags, Ut99fags, HLfags, and DOOMfags are all one person
Do you ever think before typing or do you just write whatever comes to mind first? Never, ever did I imply that everyone is the same person you mongoloid.

2 took out all of the shit that made Quake 1 good and didn't replace it with anything better. The levels feel like dogshit, the movement is all fucked, re-enabling Strafejumping in the settings doesn't fix the shit movement, the guns all feel like shit, and the enemies are no fun to fight.

UT99 is so fucking boring, and the more it's brought up, the more I realize that it was aiming for different shit than Quake did. I guess that's fine, philosophically, but without any skill-based movement, it's absolutely no fun to watch or play. At least 2004 had something, but the diagonal dodge-jump thing looks really janky, and hitting the ground kills all momentum.

5 seconds on PAIN-t.

Too brown and boring enemies.
I can understand how it was a thing back then and not saying im not a fan of fast shooters especially if you get shotguns but…

I'd rather play Duke3d, Doom, Blood, Triad or even Quake 2 instead.

Good one pal.

Well, there are a dozen unofficial expansion packs and thousands of mods\maps. I envy newfags who get to play it for the first time todays.

I admit it's not perfect, not even close but atleast it feels more fun as long as you play in short bursts.

GAMEfags are just console war retards. Any real gamer of old wasted years on each game.

People who started playing Quake at 3 hate the first game because it's more single-player focused than Q3.
Man, I really wish the other Quake games had a single-player that was as good as the first game.

I actually never played 3 outside of trying Quake Live for a bit, should I try it out?

I like UT99, but for some reason it feels to me like it was originally supposed to be rail shooter or something.

Try skipping to some of the later episodes. Quake never gets bright and colorful, but the later levels do have more of mystical, other-worldy feeling to them, and you get more varied enemies towards the end as well, like those magic knights.

*worldly

I missed out on Quake, I want to play it.
Problem is that every version I come accross doesn't have the soundtrack, which I think is essential. Anyone have a definitive version?

If you like online arena shooters, then go for it.
However, there's no actual single-player. The campaign is just bot matches.

The DOS version has the soundtrack, I think.
Trent has never released the Quake soundtrack on its own anywhere, which makes some of the hardcore NIИ collectors quite mad.

Just download the soundtrack and extract it to the the needed folder(s). Don't listen to , he's an idiot.

What happened to all the HD/HQ texture and model packs? They seem to all be scrubbed from the internet.

You can download it from here:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=119489135

Get quakespasm and copy the soundtrack to the quakespasm/id1/music folder

I can't get it working, even though the soundtrack is in there.

Same situation here, pretty fucking annoyed.