There are people on Holla Forums right now that backed Mighty No.9

There are people on Holla Forums right now that backed Mighty No.9

and what did you learn from your poor monetary investment?

Hopefully you learnt that any dev saying "spiritual successor to the game you like" or "a return to old school gaming" doesnt mean shit when its not the same team.

Remember chillen, if its not some genuine autist like kojima, taro or Kamiya the auteur theory is not sound and you are engaging in brand loyalty or celebrity worship.

Hopefully this experience was educational and your future goybux remain with you and not squandered.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kinucakes/status/745079980204298240
twitter.com/kinucakes/status/739934170865012736
exhentai.org/g/823043/92fc25ba00/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Crowdfunding is ridiculous.
You're essentially becoming an investor with absolutely no monetary pay-off.

To be fair, the problems took a little bit to surface. It wasn't immediately obvious how compromised the project was.

>__she will never get back that money or that dignity

But there's nothing so far that indicates it will, while MN9 had craploads of problems pretty quickly.

"spiritual successor" told you all you needed to know. Creative vampirism only leads to things like system shock becoming bioshock infinite.

You should have known better user.

I didn't back it

My mistake was not refunding my money soon enough. I was being cautiously optimistic.

Now, in order to punish Inafune, I'm going to circulate the DRM-free files.

Its a good, smug feel. Isn't it?

YES

It sure is.

No doubt. That's a nice 3D model though, I'm sure someone will find a use for it.

Are you serious? Source?

Search for it on twitter and get ready for a mighty kek harvest, my stores are now fully stocked for the coming winter.

Isn't that the Skullgirls illustrator that turned SJW?

I spent money on it.

Yeah, I pretty much learned that.

Mega Man is suffering more now than it was when I was desperate to have more.

It's not all bad.

I'll just say what I said in another thread:

I think Mariel is the only one on the team no full SJW, she got a lot of shit from "the sisterhood" for saying "ill draw tits fuck you tumblr hivemind people im so tired".

All that dicking from Rocco purged the tumblrcut.

None of you faggots had better post any crossdressing pandas.

I got a nice shirt out of it. For 99 dollars. Yeah, I guess I'll be more prudent with my money in the future, learned a valuable lesson, etc. Comfy-ass shirt though.

You wont find your absolute territory here fiend!

Here, now fuck off.

That panda looks sad, yet hopeful. What storied life lead to such refined, ursine ennui?

Maybe I intentionally made it obvious so you'd think I really wanted it when I didn't want any and therefore did what I wanted you to do!

Really? Was this recent? Last I heard she was complaining that people were criticizing her for drawing T&A and stopped.

Would be nice if it's true. I used to like her a few years ago.

At least I didn't back Mighty No. 9.

NANI?!?

I backed Shantae, too. I seriously doubt I'll be very disappointed. Kinda wish I'd backed Shovel Knight, too. I love that game.

Oh, that is funny. And so sad. But mostly funny.

You have my attention.

Don't get my hopes up like that you fagtron.

Nigga she posts lewds on her twitter every day. And regularly shits on 'the tumblr personality cult'.

Sometimes they can be saved.

Roccos girth cannot be ignored.

Inchlings are what hopes and dreams are for!

Today was a good day.

twitter.com/kinucakes/status/745079980204298240
sometimes they make it bruh.

Oi vey!

You can read all his comics for free. Don't give him money if you don't want to.

twitter.com/kinucakes/status/739934170865012736

Its going to be okay user.

Its going to be okay.

for starters it actually plays like castlevania*

*I know you prefer the arcade gameplay instead of metroidvania, but this is how the series was made ever since SotN. there was Harmony of Despair that combines the best of both worlds but nobody bought it

We already have old school castlevania though.

its called demons souls.

Both Castlevania gameplay styles are good. The problem is that there is only one type of gameplay style that is acceptable at a time. Arcade CV and Metroidvania CV are not allowed to exist in the same universe, for some unknown reason. If both types of games were being developed alongside each other, everyone would be happy. But since they aren't people have reason to be disappointed, don't you agree?

The code humble bundle sent me for backing was already used by someone else.

What a mess.

souls games are very similar to castlevania but castlevania games are highly responsive to player input and souls makes dodging highly technical as a resource on it's own to be managed

souls are castlevania 1-4 and zelda ocarina-current.

its peanut butter and chocolate.

Some SJWs are sex positive because they are completely unable to notice that just about everything about their ideologies is contradictory. Judging by things like
it sounds like she's SJW but not 100% listen and believe. She still consider the rest of the scammer's points to be valid.

I never have and never will fund a video game. Paying for something you have no clue how it will turn out is just too risky, worse than preording games.

Please don't be a lie.

Someone uploaded a torrent of the game, and files:

I learned not to trust that back when Wolfenstein: New Order devs showcased their game with gamepad

You haven't been blackmailed by one of your all time favorite series then

Because it was on XBLA/PSNetwork, guarantee you if it'd been released for PC it would've actually gotten somewhere

Wasn't HoD some ultra grindy abomination meant to only be played in multiplayer?

It was grindy as all hell but especially so for characters that relied on enemies for new powers like Soma or Shanoa, but that wasn't really any change from how they functioned in their own games

You mean the pirate's den?

Even accounting for piracy it would have been a massively larger potential audience

to be fair, this has been the only kickstarter I backed that sucked so far

give me all the smug animugrills you have, I deserve every single one of them

I'd say it wasn't that bad for a $20 game. I mean its not great, in fact mediocre but not nearly the Trash Fire I expected it to be during the Dina drama.

I haven't back a Kickstarter since and I never will again.

Somebody give me my daily Todd. I'm dead inside.

Why?

If you need to rebuild your folder, I'd prefer you just come out and say it rather than trying to fish for it instead.

I'll say it.

Anybody feel like uploading their smug anime folder on the vola or something?

that's the stuff

I really thought it could be good

nah, I just really think I deserve the smug

Fuck you nigger, I'm not giving you my collection.

They designed the levels in excel.

Please?

How can one man be this fucking awful? That's a legitimate question, this is beyond human capabilities, it's not even a superpower, he must have transcended humanity and turned himself into the incarnation of incompetent dissapointment.

Why would you even think that was a good idea?

Bro, you said it in the first part of your first line

holy shit your a faggot fuck off back to where you came from

But I also learned all about that without financing Inafune's lies. MN9 overfunded, so don't think you made a difference.
I'm sorry, but you fucked up.

I'm just that impressed. You have to admit that it's quite a feat for Inafune and his team to achieve the levels of trainwreck that one sees only on AAA level projects, and on top of that act with just as much indignation. Quite a thing to witness.

Competent people know that investing in creating or finding good tools for your game will save a huge amount of time and money later on.

They were too shit to make their own tile based level designer. Any programmers here will be thinking surely it isn't that hard to make such a tool, and you'd be right. However the Mighty No 9 team didn't have any real programmers.

Wasn't the game made in UE4 anyways?I'm pretty sure it has that built-in already.

It was Rimworld. And at this point I would have been extremely disappointed

If it already contains a suitable level designer then the choice to use excel and then laboriously transfer those designs into it is utterly insane. No wonder it was delayed.

I was going to back it, but red alert activated when Kamiya said that conman was a business man not a creator.

Oh my fuck.
You can't make this up.
Amazing.

S-sorry fam.

You might've done some stupid and terrible things in the past, but at least you didn't donate $2,500 to Con Man.

Off to a great start

wouldnt it be better to just use paper instead?

I got a PSN code for the DLC but not the actual game. Thanks Inafune.

Why did I do this.

There are also people that bought:
Fallout 4
Dark Souls 3
Nudoom
Any of the "next gen" consoles

I really don't see a problem with this, infact I do this all the time. It's the same as planning things out on graph paper.

The reason they did this was probably because it was easier to share ideas and quicker to make small changes to the level before they actually built it.

And that's the problem. You thought. You didn't know, you didn't understand, you thought.

Yes.

I feel very, very sorry for anyone who has to work with you.

- Talk is cheap
- Early access games should only be purchased and judged if it were released as is right now
- Every dev is a goddamn flake
- Community managers treat forums like an office HR joint

Thanks, that actually does make me feel better.

Okay faggot, explain rather than just going, "HURR ITS EXCEL"

There are people on Holla Forums right now

GO PLAY VIDEO GAMES RIGHT NOW!

Fucking child.

At least we still have Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero

inb4 shit taste

Be happy you got it. Even if it's not perfect, it's better than nothing.

Shantae 2 cute

Post some Jamjams

Not even a real genie.

who is this yogurt catcher?

had to chuckle. these are getting better and better.

just for you user
exhentai.org/g/823043/92fc25ba00/

damn, im at work right now

thanks anyways btw

My biggest problem with bloodstained is that it's just an Aria of Sorrow clone from what I've seen.

Is that TWRP song?

Well, at least now Ouya-tan has a partner in the dumpster.

Not who you're asking, but I backed it as a "screw you" to capcom, since it was like… a year or two without any news of Mega Man.

Castlevania 2 invented metroidvania. 30 years later, a literal loser makes a youtube video shitting on it and all newfriends magically learn that it was bad.

The goodest of goys.

At least Capcom made an announcement for next year.

Please kill me

I really hope that's something someone threw together in 2 minutes because they didn't know what was going on, or fanart.

it's not fanart
that is the actual offical character design (subject to change) based on "market research" for an upcoming megameme show

Nope

Mega Man must save the world while also dealing with his toughest challenge yet: SCHOOLHe also has an annoying Mini-Mega that hops onto him

I'll go with nobody knew what was going on.

Is he going to have to beat up bullies?

I learned to never ever give jews five dollars

It's like you taped a big 'I am a huge faggot, bully me' sign on your back

Speaking of which, what does Holla Forums think of Blackroom, the game John Romero's working on?

He has to hide his identity as Mega Man. Dreamwave did that for its short-lived Capcom comic and it sucked then, too.

Why not include a subplot where someone tries to find out his identity and you have to find stop them?

I only donated one buckaroo to this game's kikestarter.

Please bully me for I have learned not to put my trust behind frauds.

Sauce?

Seriously nigga?

GitS

Don't give them the sauce they so deliciously crave! They'll just ask for more.

It is bad, it suffers from a pitiful translation and feels half finished, the manors especially.

No. She is a SJW through and through who jerks off with the clique and talks about how she is ashamed of criticizing anita and also talks about how she love Briana Wu.

Does he have down's syndrome?

He has Man of Action's syndrome

HoD was literal trash and the worst Castlevania game I've ever played besides Vampire Killer and Harmony of Dissonance.

Oh you bet your ass it is. Mulitplayer would be fine if there were people that actually play this trash.

Yeah, a screw you from a fan of series that they made 3 trillion fucking games for with most of those being spinoffs. Try being DMC fan. Try being a Breath of Fire fan. Try being a Maximo/Ghosts and Goblins fan.

There are a lot of fucking Capcom games that deserve sequels, compared to the Call of Duty of its time.

Post more Shantae

There was someone on here who claimed that he spent money so he could be in this song.

Ugh, gross, icky.

[UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON ISRAEL???]

Yes

Guaranteed piece of shit designed only to sell shit toys confirmed.

I know, that's why Yooka Laylee is the only thing I've backed. If that turns out to be shit despite the once-great people working on it, then I'm never falling for the kikestarter meme ever again.

Kamiya and Kojima are not really great developers. Both don't really make great games, but they do make interesting ones. And love the exaggerated praise they receive for the, mostly derivative, games they release. But, they are real developers, and not some business suit in a company that was the name and nothing else, like Steve Jobs, Tim Schaffer pos-EA or Con Man.
But people are forgetting that Con Man was not alone! Plenty of people who really worked at the original Megaman games put their names on this shit and are also to blame! And just as much. But, as Con Man is the face of the company, he will surely receive more of the heat and probably most of the earnings too.

What I learned about KS:

I backed some projects that I do find were successful, delivering good products, like Distance, Gryphon Knight Epic, Slain, Giana Sisters, Odallus, Skullgirls the DLC characters were some of the best in the game, and they did release all of them for free in all platforms, but in general, I really avoid it nowadays just like I avoid pre-orders.

One more scar, I guess.

The big difference is love or hate kamiya or kojima you know no matter the team they lead they define the project because its almost always a passion thing even if they phone it.
Inajewne is a suit, what the fuck does he know about assigning jobs to a team and maintaining his autistic vision?

I'm not that user, but if I had to guess the things that makes it shitty, I would say this.

Excel isn't a art program. Graph paper would have been better. The graph paper would provide a precise and useful grid, the pencil and ruler simply draw the lines, and more importantly, not using excel means that you don't have to spend an extra five or so minutes attempting to convince excel to make a diagonal line, or finding or formatting some type of work-around.

MSPaint would allow more freedom than excel, because at least MSPaint can make a diagonal line. Both of these are either slower or less precise than the capabilities of a book of graph paper, a pencil, a ruler, and a functioning photocopier, accompanied by someone capable of drawing and photocopying properly.

TL; DR: actually think about the concept of using a rigid accounting and mathematics program instead of an art program or an art tool, when making ART resources.

At worst you could say is that Simon's Quest is a little unpolished.

The translation only fucks up seriously at one point and if you already made it to that point in the game you should be able to deduce what to do with a little trial and error.

How so?

Why? Because they don't all have boss battles at the end?

But that is the thing, he was not alone! People are burning Con Man for the right reasons but they are forgetting that he was not the only responsible for this trainwreck.

You think a Castlevania game having no bosses at the end of it's stages or bosses so laughably weak that they may as well not be there is a minor issue? How about not telling you what the crystals are for or the dracula items either? How about the last stage having nothing in it? I actually like CV2 despite it's flaws but if you seriously think that's unpolished I dread to think what makes a 1/10 for you.

I get the distinct impression that they intended for the Manors themselves to be the "bosses" of the game. That's a good concept in and of itself but they didn't quiet get it all the way there.

You called it 'bad before. Not O.K., or mediocre, or disappointing but bad. You haven't played nearly enough bad games if you think Simon's Quest is anywhere in the realm of bad. Like I said, CV2 is overall unpolished. Really it's pretty good for a first attempt at that style of game.

>mfw never gave any kikestarters a cent
You'd think by now people would have learned but no, they just keep enabling these useless hacks.

what are some other kickstarter fails
that you didnt fund

At least this means it's pretty much guaranteed they'll have it on Game Grumps at some point, which will help show to a huge audience just how fucking shit it is.

Do you actually think a game has to be non-functional to be bad?

No it has to be shitty to be bad. Castlevania 2 isn't shitty.

Ah… So that's why I didn't feel SJW stuff during gameplay.
I was playing in full japanese.

The english stuff must be awful.

>>9785708
Sorry. I prefer the Pirates design.

It'd still be dumb.

"Hey kids, we gotta stop Forte from finding out Rocky's secret identity!"

Wewius Ladius.

Excel documents can be edited by multiple people simultaneously in an online environment. Can't do that with Paint and especially can't do that with graph paper. You also can't insert editable notes and other stuff saying what you planned to do.

It's not meant for designing levels, it's storyboard-level shit.

I completely forgot that Oculus was a kick starter project that sold out to facebook.
Where does the time go?