Soviet Animation

Soviet Animation is often well-overlooked in the Animation-circles. Soiet Animation always has a surrealistic quality to it. The Hermit Nation shows itself to be just that, a hermit nation, as their animation is uniquely their own with no outside influence. I think it's time we had a thread to respect this.

Embed is a famous film, "Eine murul: The Breakfast on the Grass" made by Estonian cartoonist Prit Paarn. This was one of the first works created during the campaign of "Glasnot", in which Gorbochev allowed his civilians to critisie the government without fear. The film is a critique on the Russian-brand of Communism, but at the same time anylizes the other side of the coin – Capitalism and Materialism. (English Subtitles in caption).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YdFiB-QMviA
youtube.com/watch?v=UXRo5RyWUz0
youtube.com/watch?v=gxsnYd3BWJg
youtube.com/watch?v=uVCZDOOVtX4
youtube.com/watch?v=b4Y1d4a4r-Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This second film is much more bizzare. It is "Interplanetary Reolution", an early Stalin-era propoganda film that speaks against the Swastica (before Hitler's germany had adopted the symbol, meaning it represents its original meaning). A very interesting and confusing film, made perhaps to simply be a test of the animator's own uniqueness.

The soiet version of Whinnie the Pooh is also wholly unique, and so raddically different from the Disney version that one must gasp. Keeping true-er to the books, this ersion has only four episodes in a serial.

Here is Nu Pogodi, a soviet children's cartoon from the late 1960's.

>>>Holla Forums

You legitimately believe I'm a communist for talking about Soviet Animation? I hate Holla Forums. Stop being such a trigger-happy weirdo.

Yeah, kind of dumb for him to call it leftypol. I've been fascinated with the Soviet-era stuff just due to the fact that it's a culture different than the West's (and with all the creativity that had to be employed in certain instances.) I kept up with the Russian Animation channel on Youtube before they Oy Vey'd! it.
My first exposure to the stuff was their version of the Firebird

Einen mural was my first entrance into the field. Amazing, and you know it is because they are truly "The Hermit Nation" (a role now taken seemingly by the DPRK).

I love this art style, reminds me of all those kids books like the Hungry Caterpillar.

Seemed like tripping acid while browsing Holla Forums memes.
Vaguely inserting, as an acid trip can be, but why waste good acid on bad memes?

Also fascinating that the soviets hated the swastika before Hitler gave them a reason to. Anyone know the reasoning behind that?

Attached: 8vGiO0n.jpg (1266x1524, 212.41K)

According to my religion, the swastica was an aincent symbol from the Atlantian culture. The symbol represents the Big Dipper orbiting the North Star as seen from the True-North Pole. While used as a religious symbol in ultiple cultures (especially the North-Indians), during the time this cartoon was made it was used as a good luck charm, entire buisnesses naming themsleves "swastica". I do not know whether it is against this Ethno-Nationalistic/Religious Atlantian culture, nor the fact it was a good luck charm, nor the corprate/consumerist/materialist adoption the charm. Perhaps it's meaning is lost to time.

You should have posted less propaganda and more cute girls user

Attached: 3e258861ba8b09c37e7c32bb0cd0ea41.jpg (971x750, 588.05K)

Besides the Stailn-Era surrealistic propoganda film, what do you claim I have linked that is "Soviet Propoganda". I hae here a protest-film, and two children's cartoons. Where is the "propoganda" besides the outlyer?

By God, that's one of the most bland, boring, and uninspired memes I have seen in my life

I think the Nazis were already using it at that point, but they were disorganised and Hitler was in jail. The Italian fascists were more of a big deal right then.

Or cute cats.
youtube.com/watch?v=YdFiB-QMviA
youtube.com/watch?v=UXRo5RyWUz0
youtube.com/watch?v=gxsnYd3BWJg
youtube.com/watch?v=uVCZDOOVtX4
youtube.com/watch?v=b4Y1d4a4r-Q

Attached: Cat's House.webm (480x360, 1.82M)

It looks like 70's animation exploitation film like Fritz the cat and similar like Heavy Traffic, but more abstract.

Does that means that Nazis using the Swastika was meme magic?

Russia had a disputed claim on Finnish land, and the Finnish air force used it on their planes. But so did a number of civilian aviators.

Eine Murul is breddy gud as far as commentary goes. Even very trivial things involved stupid amounts of bureaucracy, permits and paperwork, with a large enough gray area in enforcement that every interaction with any institution carried a non-trivial risk of getting fucked just because someone didn't like your face, was in a bad mood at the time, or to make his time available for a friend or threat.
Money wasn't worth all that much; just about everyone had a job with enough pay to afford the essentials of life, and many positions were symbolic and existed purely for the sake of employment, with little to no utility. What little you could get was limited by scarcity of supply, not by lack of funds. So you book and get in line early and suffer the wait while hoping not to get screwed over by "unexpected circumstances" when your time comes, or try to get to know the right people to get special treatment. Everything beyond the mandated essentials, when they were available, involved favors and greasing the right palms. Less purchasing and more "acquisition and trade". And you didn't want to reveal your sources nor the fact that you had the good stuff, lest someone shut it all down.

Much like the old jokes about extremely long waits for appointments, there's an unpleasant amount of truth to them.
A man walks into a car dealership, wanting to purchase a car. The dealer hears his request and replies: "The earliest I can schedule you is in two years, on the 27th of April."
Guy is elated that it's such a short wait: "Wonderful. In the morning or in the afternoon?"
Dealer wonders why he'd ask about the time of day on a date so far in the future.
"Oh, because the plumber's coming by in the afternoon."

Attached: spurdo.png (377x330, 5.81K)

That was a pretty good movie

Go fucking figure.

Attached: 773CD9E1-D191-491C-A443-DD7D81876609.png (1242x2208 2.88 MB, 2.08M)

Why is it that whenever I see someone complaining about cuckchan, they post phone pics? I don't care about that shitty site, and I don't care about the opinion of a retarded phoneposter. Why are you even in this thread?

bump