Why is Doug the one cartoon character people always assume will grow up to be a...

Joseph Gonzalez
Joseph Gonzalez

Why is Doug the one cartoon character people always assume will grow up to be a loser? Besides Mister Dink being a Rapist. Doug being a loser man one of the oldest cartoon memes.

Parker Murphy
Parker Murphy

Because his creator is a loser.

Attached: Doug's-creator-and-a-furry.jpg (405.27 KB, 1015x738)

Jace Reed
Jace Reed

cartoon is literally based on the creator's childhood experiences
the creator is a known loser
his childhood crush even invited him over, pointed out her tits grew in, then introduced him to her husband immediately afterward after that little cocktease
It's not exactly a stretch to connect those dots.

Levi Hall
Levi Hall

Didn't he own the animation company? Couldn't have been a total loser.

Isaac King
Isaac King

Doug had too much inner monologue and his daydreams were dull.
The movie with the fishcreature was fun though.

Juan Thompson
Juan Thompson

Because he radiates classic symptoms of autism and people can pick up on others having it like a gieger counter measures radiation. There's a reason someone drew Doug looking like Chris-chan. Very similar in a lot of aspects. Rewatch an episode and imagine its Chris instead of Doug.

Jose Martinez
Jose Martinez

Did he rape her?

Jose Roberts
Jose Roberts

Attached: 5070edb8e0e8854d187973ee8c16828cd4d57c5dd0d222d15d9cbaefd4247d79.jpg (110.69 KB, 1214x619)

Parker White
Parker White

He's got a wife and two children. Clearly he's done something right

Elijah Davis
Elijah Davis

Even as a kid i seen this guy goes nowhere with his push-over attitude. I would probably would bully the living shit out him if he would be real…

Ethan Morales
Ethan Morales

Please somebody post the screencap, you know which one

Nathaniel Edwards
Nathaniel Edwards

/b/index.html

Charles Anderson
Charles Anderson

Attached: doug.png (625.69 KB, 1320x1632)

Isaiah Adams
Isaiah Adams

That doesn't automatically disqualify you from being a loser, otherwise every trashy faggot on the planet would be a winner.
Still gets me

Benjamin Perez
Benjamin Perez

That doesn't automatically disqualify you from being a loser
This in addition to founding a studio, creating one of Nickleodeon's best loved and high rated cartoon shows and then selling his studio to Disney for megabucks

If Jim Jinkins is a loser then I'd like to see what a winner looks like.

Zachary Lewis
Zachary Lewis

Roger didn’t do anything wrong.

Jordan Cooper
Jordan Cooper

Many thanks. There is no conceivable way someone could reply to a thread any better.

Chase Bailey
Chase Bailey

I think you're taking this far too seriously.

Jace Gonzalez
Jace Gonzalez

Time for Dirty Doug.

Attached: dirty-doug-1.jpg (221.36 KB, 614x785)
Attached: dirty-doug-2.jpg (208.53 KB, 612x785)
Attached: dirty-doug-3.jpg (239.11 KB, 612x782)
Attached: dirty-doug-4.jpg (246.97 KB, 612x787)

Christopher Perry
Christopher Perry

Fin.

Attached: dirty-doug-5.jpg (183.33 KB, 616x784)
Attached: dirty-doug-6.jpg (191.52 KB, 614x787)
Attached: dirty-doug-7.jpg (265.07 KB, 610x789)

Lincoln Powell
Lincoln Powell

Doug isn't particularly creative, intelligent, athletic, or charismatic so he has lifelong loser written all over him.

Logan Cooper
Logan Cooper

Patton Oswalt voicing Doug

Gabriel Reed
Gabriel Reed

Dude, you can still be a pathetic piece of shit and rake in dough.

Easton Anderson
Easton Anderson

No but he is optimistic, hopeful, and with a nice sense of decency.

Aaron Watson
Aaron Watson

More Doug needed.

Attached: doug.gif (44.29 KB, 502x600)
Attached: Doug-post.jpg (78.83 KB, 600x717)
Attached: doug-god.jpg (56.15 KB, 564x656)
Attached: 2010-03-22-snips29.png (100.35 KB, 500x736)
Attached: evangeldoug.jpg (191.18 KB, 612x842)

Jose Evans
Jose Evans

Attached: gangsta-dink-by-mightyfilm-d35xr3b.jpg (435.14 KB, 1824x2669)
Attached: doug.png (249.98 KB, 1657x417)

Eli Watson
Eli Watson

I honestly feel sorry for his wife. Like, she must know that she was his second choice. This guy was so obsessive about his childhood crush that he sat on his obsession for a decade, and even after realizing that this girl he knew in middle school is a totally different person and married as would be the case with any normal person, he was obsessed enough to make a show that included her so he could fantasize about her some more.
I wonder how quickly he'd drop his wife if the real Patti ever wanted to get with him.

Christian Smith
Christian Smith

somebody makes a random shitty internet comic based off a mediocre cartoon
it’s better than anything we’ve seen in the last five years from the big two

What timeline even is this?

Matthew Johnson
Matthew Johnson

This guy was so obsessive about his childhood crush that he sat on his obsession for a decade,
Nah, it was just puppy love, but he had to write something. Maybe on some deep subconscious level like all "traumatic childhood" memories. Traumatic meaning note worthy for his childhood. He may have even over exaggerated it for the sake of story telling, assuming he wasn't a chris-chan. There where other writers right?

Julian Scott
Julian Scott

Man, I really wouldn't call it puppy love. He remembered this girl so well that he describes instantly forgetting the rest of the night as soon as he found out that she was married. He didn't care about her once he found out she was permanently off the market. He held onto that crush for a decade, and probably past that because of how forlorn he sounded when recalling it.

I'd accept 'puppy love' if it was just the cartoon. But his story of trying to reconnect just feels obsessive to me. I'm not surprised there's autists on this site that shrug it off, but I'm just saying, don't go Elliot Rogers on a chick if your life ends up like this guy.

Grayson Martinez
Grayson Martinez

I wouldn't call it obsession. He did not seek her out, and wasn't keeping tabs on her. I would say him re-living his childhood for the show, probably mentally set him up for that encounter to end badly. She probably should have led with the fact she was married now. Something tells me she probably had a hunch or at least saw a few episodes, and felt a need to act in some way. Cause she's a woman.. It does sound like that relationship was never "resolved", or "opening old wound". With a big helping of "what could have been". Since she "filled out" and isn't a "Flatty" any more.

On the other hand, I think Doug, might have been some mild wish fulfillment. I think Doug got further with "Patti" then Jim did with Patti. I bet a few of the stories in Doug are what he "wished" he did in those situations.

Zachary Perez
Zachary Perez

After he found out she was married, was his heart level shattered and did he crash into slumber?

Noah King
Noah King

If you've got a happy family and you're raking in dough, what are you losing at exactly?

Jeremiah Watson
Jeremiah Watson

Individual creations are always better than mainstream corporate crap.

Elijah Garcia
Elijah Garcia

So can we expect this episode in the inevitable Doug relaunch?

Attached: tampon.jpg (19.05 KB, 400x300)

Sebastian Hill
Sebastian Hill

HAVE ANY OF YOU PLAYED THE FUCKING GBC GAME?

Noah Bailey
Noah Bailey

Doesn`t matter how many times I see that posted, it always stings mang. A hell of an wake-up call.

Attached: 1441313065855.png (6.4 KB, 418x359)

Ryder Robinson
Ryder Robinson

How is it a "wake-up call"? Are you as big of a faggot as he is?

Jace Perry
Jace Perry

Doug had a video game?

Leo Nelson
Leo Nelson

There's millions of losers with families out there.

Jacob Parker
Jacob Parker

Because the show sucked, and the loser meme is funny

Noah Cox
Noah Cox

Because he was a complete faggot that got bent out of shape over the most minute shit. The whole liver and onions episode is a prime example of this.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit