Does nobody care about halo wars 2...

Does nobody care about halo wars 2? I kind of skipped through the gameplay at e3 because as a win10/xboner exclusive it didn't interest me but with the exception of a few outliers even win10 users and xbros don't seem to give a shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/UIkQx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My roommate downloaded the beta and it looks boring as shit

No one cared about the first game
I don't which retarded agreed to push this out

Especially in an era where RTS is a dead genre

Yeah I was thinking it looked pretty boring. I mean it is a console rts so I don't expect much,

No

Console RTS are bad and bad for RTS in general. Some dope's first experience with an RTS is gonna be a dumbed down console game with shit controls and that will turn them off from RTS games completely.

First one is also getting a remaster by the way to the teo people interested.
The only thing I want from Microsoft is Forza Horizon, Halo 3 (which will probably have a anniversary remaster next year), Phantom Dust HD which has been confirmed and maybe Crackdown 3 if it isnt total shit.
Anything else should remain untouched since current year remasters and long time sequels are dime and dozen and all shit.

Pretty much.

For a console RTS the original wasn't too bad, but the important part there is "For a console RTS" where there's all of like five of them per decade. Presumably 2 will be just as not too bad on the xbone and entirely shit on W10 with mouse and keyboard.

I'm pretty keen for it, my friends are all console fags and all my attempts to get them into RTS have failed this is at least something I can play with them thanks to the cross platform and might be able to get them into other RTS games if they like it. It is gateway RTS and more of them to revive the genre would be great.

Guess what faggot
archive.is/UIkQx

I knida liked the first halo wars. It was incredibly well done for what it was. I remember playing CnC on the PS1 way back in the day and it was fucking terrible. Trying to control a mouse with an analogue stick was just nightmarish but the way the controls worked for halo wars was really good.

The biggest problem I had with it was that I was very limited with what I could do online (because poor and in bum-fuck nowhere new zealand) so I couldn't get much out of the multiplayer. It felt simple enough to fill the niche that ASSFAGGOTS do but being an xbox exclusive it trimmed down the player base so much that it just wasn't going to get popular enough or have the same pick up and play ability that PC games have (with everyone living on their pcs these days).

you'd think a game like this would be perfect for kinect support but what do I know.

Fuckoff

I thoroughly enjoyed the first one but whatever interest I might have had for Halo Wars 2 evaporated immediately once it was announced for Windows 10 and Xbone "exclusive."

or they'll just eat it up and the industry will shit out more bad games tailored to their low standards.

This is starting to sound familiar…. oh now I remember that is how halo combat evolved destroyed the fps genre and also ruined a lot of other things by popularizing the xbox. Thank you bungie and thank you microsoft.

Just play halo online for PC.

Microsoft has basically abaondoned kinect though, after the novelty of its gimmick war off casuals saw it for what it was; a gimmick, same thing happened to the wii, and the wii U didn't even get a chance to show off before the same thing happened to it.

I just want to finish the fight, I give no fucks about the multiplayer.

I guess the magic just whore off

The only non shit console RTS is DUNE and C&C 3.
Everything else in the genre that was also on consoles was dumbed down to shit.

NIGGER WHO CARES

ECKS DEE

I mean, I didn't HATE the first one.

I just don't know why a sequel is being made.

Why would anyone care about a W10 exclusive sequel to a fucking console RTS, from a franchise so mishandled and so past its prime? Fuck off.

Right?

I mean, everyone knows that Halo INVENTED the FPS genre.

Halo 1 was 10/10, the series degraded from there, and took a nosedive when Bungie left.

This.
I don't get the appeal.

The first one was okay, but the second one just looks like a HD reskin, you cant build base buildings anywhere you want and they went with some shitty cartoon style graphics.

They should of just re-worked the 2007 E3 demo and they would of had a better game.

Vid related, they dumbed the original down for normalfags and put shitty cartoon graphics in.

Even so controlling it with a controller seems very slow and unresponsive.
And it gets limitations from the platfrom it is on.

Actually the d-pad jumped straight to armies,bases ect

That is what most of the good players used.

No no no no no no god no.

When will people fucking learn that RTSs do not belong on consoles? They're designed for a mouse and keyboard, not a controller.

Remember when EA kept trying to port Command & Conquer to consoles? Red Alert 1 was impossible to control on PS1, and Tiberium Wars's port had this shitty control wheel that was confusing as fuck.

The first one wasn't good.

Oh and Halo is dead, 343i killed it.

You pretty much answered your own question OP. PCfags still haven't forgiven Microsoft either as Halo Wars was the game that killed off Ensemble Studios meaning no more Age of Empires. Also it killed Halogen Mod for Zero Hour

Is that supposed to pass for good controls ?

First was actually a solid game, such a shame.
Microsoft really ran Halo into the ground.

As for OP, nobody gives a fuck about Halo Wars 2 because

Such as?

Why did I even bother debating?

You dumb nigger, Assault on the Control Room and Two Betrayals were the EXACT SAME LEVEL.

Half of The Maw was also just a retread of The Pillar of Autumn. Keyes was just Truth and Reconciliation: Flood Edition.

Three of the ten levels were fucking retreads. If you really want to push it you could also say The Library was just retreating ITSELF since it was the same fucking room over and over.

Pic related.

Those levels were still fun though, going back through a place you once went and there is heaps of chaos with the flood being released ect. It adds a nice atmosphere to it. Even though it was a lazy dev decision, it didn't make the game bad.

Fucking kill me

Warlocked was pretty cool

Fucj you user, fuck you…

no they weren't, the only levels in halo that were even remotely fun were like the first 2. And I don't even particularly like the second. The first is pretty linear and kind of boring but as a boring ass linear level i think it worked.

nope halo absolutely did destroy the fps genre, and its greatest sin is that this game that created or popularized all these shitty trends. It wasn't even good to begin with. Halo CE was jsut a shit thread that popularized shit trends. Even a "slow paced" pc fps is faster paced than halo. It feels like you are moving through mud in those games and regenerating shields are just as bad as regenerating health. Its the same "hide until you heal" bullshit mechanic no matter how you try to spin it.

Warlocked was fucking great

A rule of thumb I have for the Flood areas is that each enemy wave goes on for roughly twice as long as it should. Like the point in Keyes where a ton of dudes drop from the ceiling. And then you fall back to kill them, and you go back to the trigger and they spawn again. This happens about 6 times. 3 was pushing it. This also drops a fuckton of grenades, and since chain reactions go indefinitely you might accidentally blow up the whole fucking level in those areas.

Bungie is really fucking bad at planning things out. The first two Halos were thrown together at the last second and just look at Destiny.

I should play Halo Wars again. I remember that this series was originally suppose to be an RTS then became 3rd person then finally the FPS.

Well I mean didn't bungie initially plan on making an rts then switch genres like 3 times during development until they had depleted their funds and got bailed out when microsoft bought them out?

They don't sound particularly good at planning things out. Or even at making games in general considerig how mediocre the halo games are. But then I've yet to play marathon. Maybe when they made games for keyboard and mosue instead of dual fucking thumbsticks they didn't suck ass at it.