I really hate games where you need a players guide to fully complete them

I really hate games where you need a players guide to fully complete them

What about Diamond/Pearl is unsolvable without a guide?

in x-2 there is a certain scene that you need to press x in order to get 100% completion. there is no way to know this unless you looked at a guide or someone told you

basically let's put it like this

it's like trying to get the regis in R/S/E without the braille clues being there

also the chocobo breeding to get a gold one in FF7

I know that feel

Jokes on them because I never even got that far

well technically you can guess until you're right. there's "only" 1000 choices.

pre 'modern dlc practices' tactic of squeezing extra shekels out of games
with the old quarter munchers they used difficulty to do it
the more things change the more they stay the same

Oh fuck this feel isnt a good feel.

You guys know about how to get the zodiac spear in FF12 right? Now that is bulshit

you've gotta be fucking kidding me
No, I refuse to check this, I simply don't believe you and I'll reject all evidence.

Actually 9 years ago.

But I'm absolutely floored too.

Phantasy star 2
Fuck those dungeon layouts.

i wouldnt fucking know how to get around and win monster league cups without guides in FFX-2 International

most modern "RPGS" and "rpg-light" games

On Pokemon diamond, I found Giratina and that fire/steel legend completely by accident. There was also a part in Bravely Censored where You catch on to airy's plan and have to overpower a crystal and break it. I thought the game was bugged for the longest time since the prompt didn't show up. Also, has anyone played that batman and robin game on snes? Fuck beating that with a guide, you need ancient kung-fu training to learn the BASIC mechanics.

Also there was a secret boss in a kingdom hearts game where you have to put a stop spell on a clock so you don't wipe. Though looking back, that was pretty clever.

That can't be right…fuck

nigger what

Suikoden thread?

Lots of Japanese games are like that OP.

I know, OP.

I know.

i have no mouth and i must scream is the perfect example of this

The first MGS, as well.
If you even try to act like you figured out how to beat Psycho Mantis, you're a fucking liar.

the colonel tells you to do it if you ask him

You don't need a guide to beat either of these games.

I figured it out on my own, but that's only because I was an idiot who happened to be right.

I only played the original briefly, do the remakes still hide the sword in an invisible alcove that you can only notice if you stop to look at the minimap while Indiana Jones boulders are bearing down on you? Also, do they improve the camera so that you can actually rotate it to see the boss during boss fights? (I have no idea how Ocarina of Time ever became popular…)

I had to use the second method and it just isn't as great.

Are you retarded? I was able to find the sword, within the first five minutes of the game and without the minimap, when I was 8 or 9.

Go back and try playing the game again, Arin.

What? How? Figuring out where specific standard enemies spawn so you can collect the BP for them? That was a pain in the ass.