How did this game turn out? I've heard virtually nothing about it since release and any advertising was nonexistent...

How did this game turn out? I've heard virtually nothing about it since release and any advertising was nonexistent. I'm curious because I really enjoyed most of the Mario sports games. Mario Hoops 3 on 3 was the last I played.

Other urls found in this thread:

mariowiki.com/rosalina#List_of_appearances_by_date
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Meant to

Hey fuck you buddy. Mario Tennis on the N64 was fun as fuck.

So was Cruisin USA come to think of it, and NFL Blitz. But I guess racing isn't sports.

That depends on the person, I'd imagine.
Come to think of it, what are some good recent racing vidya? I haven't hit that up since NFS Carbon.

Luriking because i enjoyed Mario Tennis on the 64 a lot as well.

Rather play Power tennis

I only loved a few racing games in my day. Burnout: Takedown, Cruisin USA, Crazy Taxi, original NFS…can't think of any more off the top of my head.

Burnout is probably my personal favorite racing series.

Oh also Crash Team Racing. That game was the shit.

I got it as a gift and it's the worst Nintendo games once ever played. I played it for maybe 3 hours total before I had everything unlocked and I was completely bored.

Crazy Taxi was the shit.
I've never played any of the burnout games, where should I start with those?

What was wrong with it?

Off the top of my head

I only played Burnout: Takedown and Burnout: Paradise.

Both are similar but I love Takedown much more mostly for nostalgia.

DEEPEST LORE

It has less content than 64 does, that should be enough to not bother with it

Everyone knows nothing beats Power Tennis anyway

So it's shit.
What a shame.

Yeah? What about them?.

where are the upskirt screenshots?

Because there's virtually nothing to talk about. It's incredibly bare-bones and probably one of the lowest effort products Nintendo's tried to sell as a non-eShop-only title in recent memory.

Rosalina a hamfist and Peach a shit

This series has been dead for a while. It's really shocking how cheap the whole thing is.
I picked up the 3DS game yesterday because it was super cheap and I had a gift card and I really can't figure out how it all went so wrong.

Basically, OP, you're looking at an incredibly barebones game - the announcer doesn't even call your name, and there aren't any skits when you win a cup.
If you're brave enough to switch the gimmicks on, you get a barebones game with random horseshit layered over the top.
Mega Mushrooms pop in to either side of the court, at random.
The dropzone for the ball picks a colour at random, and if you use the matching shot to return it, your shot is now stronger. So you get a mini-power shot at no cost, but you can't choose which effect to pop and your opponent can obviously tell what you're going to do.
And the most interesting court in the game, visually and mechanically, randomly changes court type as you play.

How fucking hard is it to make tennis?
How hard could it be to tighten up Power Shots or Item Battle?
Literally the only interesting thing, mechanic, court or character added in two games is the jump shot.

You used to love me, Camelot. Once upon a time, you cared.

It's pretty bad. Not worth it to be honest. To also win games in the arcade mode to get unlockables there is compulsory giant mushroom.
Which is bullshit

What does this even mean?

You say that as if I don't think she's crap too.

nintendo's lightning

Reality isn't a meme user

You do know being the "Lighting" means you're an unlikeable character

Rosalina cant because shes likeable.

you wouldn't happen to have the version of this where he says "naw" would you?

Sounds like a instant buy to me, user. Thanks for the encouragement!.

nevermind, found it

I think it's a matter of

It's a shame too since Power Tennis was by far the best out of the GC era sports games and we won't get another one of its quality for a long time

Mario Bros. court is best court

Get a load of this big guy!

I've went through this at least two times but I'll explain it once more. Somebody screencap this so it can be posted whenever this topic is brought up.

The whole Lightning thing refers to a character that pretty much nobody likes (except the creator) is forced into everything (usually by said creator). Rosalina was popular and liked by fans when she debuted in Galaxy. But you know what? She was pretty much ignored for six years before 3D World.

mariowiki.com/rosalina#List_of_appearances_by_date

Look at that, in the span of six years between Galaxy and 3D World, Rosalina only appeared in three games. Two Mario Karts and an obligatory yet extremely minor appearance in Galaxy 2. Fans were pretty much begging for her to appear more often. And so after six years of only a few appearances Nintendo finally acknowledged her popularity… only to be met with the "it's mainstream now it sucks" treatment.

Look at the games after Galaxy and see what games the supposed Nintendo's Lightning doesn't appear or have a major role in:
- Reduced to a mere cameo role in Galaxy 2
- Doesn't appear at all in NSMBW, NSMB2, NSMBU or Super Mario 3D Land
- Not even a trophy or sticker of her shows up in Brawl
- A random Luma was playable over her in Mario Tennis Open. She doesn't even cameo on the Galaxy court or anything.
- Absent from both Mario Sports Mix and Fortune Street, even though the latter has two boards based off the Galaxy games
- Not playable in Mario Super Sluggers even though it has over 40 playable characters
- Doesn't appear at all in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, London Olympic Games or Sochi Olympic Games.
- Doesn't appear in Sticker Star or Dream Team, and in Paper Jam her only appearance is on one of those cards (sharing it with Peach and Daisy) you get from tapping Amiibos
- Wasn't in Mario Party 9 at all, and was merely a cameo in Mario Party Island Tour

"Rosalina is Nintendo's Lightning" is an utterly stupid meme. Not only is she not even fit the description of a Lightning, but her appearances didn't start becoming regular until after six years. Did people forget the push characters like Yoshi and Wario got immediately after their debut? Rosalina's is nothing compared to that. And despite the big push they got, they weren't considered forced or anything.

wheres the booty anonymous

3DS Mario Golf is the only recent good Mario sports game.

ill have to give that a look, i always loved mario golf. maximum comfy and great replayability

[spoiler]It has DLC.[spoiler]

…it's really fleshed out and has all the challenges and star coins and stuff the regular courses do though.

Oh god damn it and I wasted doubles.

well dont SAY it, pretend youre baiting

Either way yeah, it has 6 courses to buy and a few overpowered characters that come with it. They did at least offset it by making the base game 30 bucks or so.

The Daisyfag autism never stops.

Makes sense if you think about it since you'd have to be autistic to find girls with the face of a fat man attractive.

Here have some classic Daisyfag autism.

I've played every mario tennis game released. This is the worst one by far. Absolute dog shit. Stay away. Avoid. I pirated the fucking thing and I still feel robbed.