New group shot for Rise of the TMNT...

archive.is/0A8v4
new group shot for Rise of the TMNT. The shredder is going to be in the series for now but they have announced that the main villain for a least the first season will be Baron Draxum, Described as an “alchemist warrior mutant from the Hidden City,”

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bō
archive.is/WKJKc
tmntentity.blogspot.ca/2013/02/the-idw-tmnt-continuity-timeline.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Those colors are atrocious.

LOOK HOW STYLIZED WE ARE

Those fucking nigger wankers.

2k3 will still be the best cartoon until we get one even more directly Eastman/Laird inspired.

Has nothing to indicate this within his design
Somewhat looks the part but his armor is horribly designed,what the hell is that thing on his stomach supposed to be?
He nothing to indicate that he was ever human and resembles more of a demon than any kind of unnatural monster.The closest thing unnatural about him would be his shoulders and his horns.but his shoulders look like they are part of his armor instead of growing out of him and his horns seemed to be a bad design choice instead of intentionally making him look abnormal.

I dont care about black April

I dont care about the resign

I DO care about immensely about them changing their fucking weapons. I know they have been trying to get rid of Mickeys nun chucks for years but getting rid of fucking Ralphs Sais and Leos twin katanas? Get that shut out of here.

Who the fuck are they trying to appeal to kids? Doesn't Nick still air re-runs of 2012? Seriously the one thing I always liked about TMNT cartoons was how honestly when it came down to it alot of them were damn good adaptations. 80s is well 80s,2003 is a great return to form, and 2012 was actually pretty alright in some regards. This one looks to be the worst adaptions ever.

Donny better have a tube nose

Isn't there a rumor it has to do with the UK making those weapons illegal?

I'm willing to bet the weapon changes (as well as the wildly different designs) were done at the request of the marketers. The previous TMNT cartoons all had a lengthy break in between each other, but this one is coming hot on the heels of the previous one, which has had toys on the shelves since 2012 (and are still there to this day). Parents just bought little Johnny a plastic pair of sais last year, and might be less willing to buy another pair when the toys for the new show come out. However, if they give all the turtles different weapons, parents are less likely to go "I just bought you nunchucks last Christmas!" Same thing goes with the turtle's designs. I think they went out of their way to make everything visually distinct from the last show purely for toy sales.

While 2003 was my favorite, I did like 2012 a lot. It had its fair share of problems, but it felt like it was made by people that loved the franchise and tried to include stuff from every iteration. Plus, I loved the monster movie aesthetic it had, and all the nods it to horror flicks. A lot of the mutants were genuinely disturbing and I really dug that. I watch a lot of messed up shit, and even I felt a tad uneasy about the whole Mutagen Man subplot.

In the UK, they made them change Mike's nunchuks to a grappling hook. Also ninjas are illegal, so the changed the name to "hero turtles".
They also had to remove Mitsurugi from Soul Edge and replace him with a white man called Arthur, because samurai are illegal.
Also, they cut all Bruce Lee's fights, took out all the nunchaku fights, repeated kicks, and scary claw hands.

Man the UK is full of faggots.

fucking why? Are knights illegal? How has this affected the flow of anime featuring samurai into Britain?

No idea, but Arthur is literally wearing Mitsurugi's armour and using Mitsurugi's sword and Mitsurugi's moves, he just has blonde hair and a beard.
So really it's Mitsurugi's race that was problematic.

but Soul Edge already had Seigfreid though? They have been trying to get of Mikeys nun-chucks for years though. Even in 2012 they made it a sort of Kurisagama

Honestly, I wonder why we're even remotely concerned with saving the UK from itself. Even if they actually pull off the Brexit, they'll still be stuck under a spectacularly awful government system. They need to go a step further and just embrace the civil war they've badly needed for the past half century.

Why is Michelangelo's feet and hand bigger then the rest of his body?
Just fuck it all.

I always considered them to be blood brothers from the same brood, not possible with this and it disgusts me so.

Every smartass redesign in Tumblr tried to pull the whole visually distinct character design thing but they didn't go as far make them difference species of turtles. A big part of their identity is being brothers of the same brood thus almost identical in appearance thus the different colored bandanas (I know that they used to all have red bandanas).

April doesn't look old or mature enough. Also, the baseball bat is reminding me of Alfred with a gun in BtB promo (I know that he doesn't really use it often. I gave up on the show after Batman gave the LoA the Soultaker Sword.) Her being Black would be fine if she was more like Elisa Maza rather another Black teenaged girl Iron Man. Who is betting on her being a genius hacker too?

I'll bet the turtles will always need her to come and save the day.

but since like 2003 each one has had a at least a fucking light or darker skin tone when compared with each other

I stopped watching once Leo's VA changed. Did the series get better or worse after that?

It got better in certain aspects. The Turtles now have to take things more seriously especially when dealing with Shredder. They defeat the Kraang too early in my opinion and should have saved that for the final season. There's one part in season 4 where they go into space which was fun for a bit. Leo gets better at fighting Shredder and ultimately kills him. Also Splinter dies at the hands of the Shredder. Shredder mutated himself into a huge version of himself with his armor fused to him and now has actual Wolverine claws. He basically snikt Splinter.

Good thing Britain has such a long history of bizarre anti-foreign violence puritanism to defend itself from foreigners that commit violence on its land. Wait a minute…

at least it was still a ninja weapon instead of a fucking grappling hook like in the later batch of seasons of the 80's cartoon. This series is going to suck so much.

I was talking about the whole Sonic Boom like design philosophy.

I actually don't mind if the Turtles used different weapons every once in a while.

In the original comics, in the pre-teenage adventure, when they had Iron Fist do-rags instead of Jackaroo masks, they used tonfa and manrikigusari.

Come to think of it, why the fuck do they wear masks?

What kind of a ninja doesn't wear a mask?

That reminds me of the Black Johnny Storm in that movie that no one watched. People act like it shouldn't matter that Sue and Johnny aren't really related but it seems to add a dynamic to the characters that wasn't supposed to be there. Like it or not, siblings are generally blood relatives. It is like turning a character gay for no reason.

you could have told me that new design was Shredder and I would have believed it. Even though he's new, even he feels confused as to why he's in the series. It's gotta be trying to compete with nu-Power Puff Girls for worst adaptation.

Or black.
Or female.

user, are you some racist Drumpg supporter? They are brothers, even if they are different races, they are still the same specie, so there is no difference between them.

Hopefully when they mean "species" they are just supposed to be the inspiration for there differences in design and not actual separate species.

Is this the Lovecraft cartoon? He's sure getting popular, first Del Taco gets an Oscar for the Shadow Over Innsmouth adult parody and now this.

It's like I'm looking at a screen of pure unfiltered seizure vomit. And they all look so damn ugly except for maybe Mikey. Leo just looks gaudy as all fucks. Its stylization gone mad.

Weapon changes are the least stupid thing, faggot. Although switching to only one katana and tonfas is about as pussy footed as it gets. Might as well replace the goofy katana with a wooden bokken at this point.

Only one that really needs a weapon replacement is Donatello. Also is it just me or did Sticks have thicker legs in the art?

I stopped watching the show regularly after Seth Green's eternally cracking voice showed up. And I stopped watching it entirely after that one episode about the Wyrm which was just a word-for-word copy of that Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go episode. I know that maybe Glen just wanted it to be a throwback to Robot Monkey Team (as it even had a cameo of the genie from said show on one of the computer screens), but at least try to be more original instead of just re-using the same exact script.

I honestly don't understand why anyone gives a shit either at this point. Sure I feel bad for the simple folk outside of London and the other big name cities. But the whole country is almost as much a lost cause as Sweden.

Wasn't there a monkey character in TMNT 2012 who had the same voice actor as one of the monkeys from SRMTHFGO?

I wasn't saying weapon replacement but something that they occasionally switch to. Don's bo staff is cool enough muh reach. He is probably the most inclined to using some gadget of the week so I wouldn't worry. If he does, I'm thinking a three section staff. Leo is the least likely to use a different weapon. His idea of an alternate weapon is a second sword. If he is forced to improvise, he'll probably use kali sticks. I wouldn't want him to not use his sword because it ties in so much with personality but it would be nice to see him use a weapon which can hit non-robots with. It is within Mikey's personality to try out different weapons. However, I don't like the idea of the show changing their weapons because the show just didn't want them using those.

The Bay TMNT movies also recast the voice of Leonardo. Is this going to be a trend for Nick?

It's so far removed from the original I don't know how angry I can really be, this is just pathetic.

How far will the attempts to make the Turtles less interchangeable go

It's a bo…with tech stuff in it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bō

They will be change it to Teenage Mutant Ninja Repiles. Leo is a turtle, Raph is a Caiman, Mike is a frilled lizard, and Don is a Gecko.

I always like the irony that the brainy one who loves technology uses the most simple weapon of the turtles.

Are they really blood brothers? I thought they were just random turtles from a pet shop. Although if they go with the pet shop origin this time around, it brings up the question of what kind of shop would sell a freaking snapping turtle.

Has anyone tried editing NuApril white? I don't really mind having a black April, but I think the design of this one is just awful regardless of skin color.

Yeah I think it was Tom Kenny. He did the voice of one of the monkeys on Super Monkey Team Hype Force Go and he did the voice of Dr. Rockwell who's a chimp with the mind of a scientist inside of him and also has telekinetic powers.

I thought they already have Mondo Gecko for a gecko character. That and Leatherback fills the role of the crocodilian mutant.

I realize that the style would actually look dynamic and actually has varying levels of line width but the reason why it's giving off a Calarts feel is because of those fucking eyes. They look like too simplified and they don't have enough line width nor range of emotions to come off as dynamic. They look like something belonging to a Calarts cartoon where they just draw the eyes as a generic almond and big black pupil.

Yeah the animation on this is going to suck.

I think it'll look better in motion. Teen Titans Go's designs sucked when they are first revealed but they actually flowed well with the animation when the show aired.

But user, it's so inclusive!

I hate everything about this. The Turtles are dead.

…until they are "reimagined" again 3 years from now.
WITH MORE MUDS!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x372, 82.38K)

TTGO is a simple humor cartoon tho

Raph and Donnie mask design make their heads look huge. Donnies head looks deformed anyway. Nig O'Neill is cringey

reminder that the uncut version of turtles forever is still lost forever

It's not like she's even a cute black girl. She's that hideous manchin for starts.

Anyway, I did a very quick edit because I'm bored

Attached: aprilwhite.jpg (1200x1200, 97.37K)

She still looks unappealing, though I think it's because of the hair.

Was it really necessary to give her problem glasses on top of "diversifying" her race? And it seems like there's a flood of "diverse" female main character types in media nowadays, so much so that it's practically an agenda.

That's because it is an agenda.

Is Baxter Stockman black or white in this version?

by diverse you mean black, right?
I dunno what the hell is going on.

how's this?

Attached: e84523d4cedae7d8e7674aa937b85e0c5b955a2fad462a78d59d70e2b397f6e6.jpg (1200x1200, 98.23K)

I was also thinking it would be better if she was just some street kid who would beat the shit out of you with a regular baseball bat, as opposed to whatever that magic green bullshit is

Attached: e84523d4cedae7d8e7674aa937b85e0c5b955a2fad462a78d59d70e2b397f6e6.jpg (1200x1200, 96.03K)

And Holla Forums has done it. They've salvaged this fucking mess of a design and they did it for free.

Nothing you do will make this design good. The art style is hideous to begin with, and there's something disgustingly masculine about her face even despite the bedroom eyes and lipstick. Actually, pretty much the entirety of her design can be described as hideously androgynous, as expected of the current year.

It's still not good. The chin is to masculine and the artstyle just doesn't work.

Let's not be so hyberbolic. She still has the lips and eyes for being feminine.
The manjaw is a symptom of angular stylized art style - supposedly easier to draw/and or animate?

Probably black since they wouldn't want to go back to "whitewashing"

Eh, better overall. I'm still getting a bit of that Calarts Potato Head feel from her, but outside of completely redesigning the character from the ground up, I doubt you could completely get rid of its influence.

So is this.

I suppose then again isn't the potato head noodle arm artstyle easier to animate too?

I feel like this art style is trying to be like Transformers Animated, except failing.

and lots of people found that one unappealing, too.

You just need good fight choreography. A bo/quarterstaff is perfectly capable of doing damage. All that leverage and muh reach makes the thing really dangerous in the hands of someone who knows how to use it.

That first pic looks like a five year olds nightmare fuel.
You are not going to sell many of those toys.

That fucking deformed claw hand. Jesus fuck learn. to. fucking. draw. You can stylise things to hell but you have to have the foundations of believable structure first. Otherwise your style is bad.

I think they want to appeal to the autism market.
archive.is/WKJKc

Attached: 2012-11-08-z1-thumb.jpg (585x416, 82.44K)

Crossed with Titmouse's edgy angular style, yes

They do look not made for toys

Attached: toys.jpg (273x184, 16.45K)

the toys are mildly less hideous, but the colors seem really garish still

Wasn't there a clip of them shapeshifting into humans?

I think that was from a short unrelated to this upcoming cartoon. The short had them look human using holograms so they could go with April to school to eat pizza on Friday.

…or go a-raping.

Attached: 1204C748-4AB3-44E1-B37F-CA8F496DAC03.jpeg (180x179, 22.62K)

It is like a cross between Shrek and Antz.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (698x382 1.27 MB, 447.25K)

Why do they have to raceswap characters? By doing this they can never bring back ginger April without the next author being labeled a racist. Way to go idiots. If they wanted a black protag, then just make something original, she's not even April other than in name only, so just call her something else.

Except a wooden bo staff is useless against triceratops aliens in reinforced armor. Even Mikey's nunchuks are made of sterner stuff. The worst part was in the TMNT 2012 cartoon. No other character had their weapon destroyed on a regular basis than Donatello.

IT’S BECAUSE WE NEED MORE NOG CHARACTERS, YOU RACIST!

Honestly I always thought of the turtles as species replacement for black people, same goes with Piccolo from Dragon Ball and sometimes Goofy, mostly because of his feet, though not in the classic shorts or when he's with Max, probably because he stays with his kid.

Attached: piccolo_hat.png (499x270, 65.55K)

I seriously pity you…

For what for exactly, are you afraid of black people user?

Attached: 7bfa9ba99558d683db67a8fb2252e0efa0004d5a39becdfc752439a4cc1cf193.png (830x974, 91.04K)

I never seen or meet black people in my whole life, user…

So? Go meet one, don't let a bunch of anons tell you how reality is. Go experiment it yourself.

How about no… and as i said, i pity you because you see blacks into everything. You are not open-minded, you aren't tolerant, and you clearly aren't a clever baiter.
Seeing black people into everything is as much worse as being a a paranoid pollack.

So what am I exactly by my original statement?

wew lad, you sure aren't projecting or anything.

Attached: ca4906a42d421aedf5ba849feca27e1180c067b429492f5de01650173a15b446.gif (318x162, 961.05K)

By your logic orks are blacks… isn't that racist, user?

Not really, is just a resemblance, I wouldn't have brought it up if I didn't catch it, though orcs look more like the 56% meme and elves look really gay.

Attached: 80674e2782a59a28af726f85a20c3d85f330882531a6a27f37296208c33da342.jpg (1099x605, 69.41K)

I my point wasn't that i hate blacks, dear user, as you tried to meme it on me like a cuckchanner. I pity you because you can't see these other species as they are: literaly non-humans.
You image them as black people, you compared them as black people, they are for you black heroes. That's wrong. It's like if i would call every blue skinned fantasy creature slav, and see them as slav heroes. It's bullshit and sick.

KEEP GAY BLACK ORCS OUT OF CARTOONS!

Holy shit my sides. user, are you okay? I don't want you to sperg out so I'm spoilering the black firemen pic.
Hindu for me, really, I think of slavs as fantasy rock monsters.

Attached: BroGoinesHodo-CROP-FLIP-400x334.jpg (800x430 27.05 KB, 897.09K)

kek.

Attached: 2b55227c2d10f59cbcd26d2eda744d71c10b45f98d7b96685731a4f814b1d82d.jpg (600x604, 49.86K)

These aren’t the black heroes we need, they are the black heroes we deserve. insha’Allah

Excited for the new artstyle?

Is this from College Humor?

That's the point, my dude. The people who make changes like that know very well it's hard to revert them without looking racist. In cases like this, the goal isn't to create a character for the black kids. If that was the case they would have created a new black character to try and flesh out the franchise more, like they did with Carter in the original cartoon. This is a way for untalented people to make their mark, put the show in the headlines, and be able to direct any insults the show receives as being from racists. Just look at how any time anyone shits on this, they always have to preface it with "I have no problem with black April, I'm not a racist! But I hate the designs of the turtles. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH APRIL THOUGH!" We've seen this marketing tactic time and time again over the past few years.

Honestly, I would have preferred almost any of those shorts to be made into full cartoons rather than this generic shit.

Attached: d0305b50f07b5af87fd13758b6b3f67386c503432a08c36255ce317b9b05938e.jpeg (333x279, 12.09K)

if they wanted a smart nerdy black person for a sidekick, they could have used Baxter Stockman and made him a good guy for once.

That could have been neat.

Prepare to be woke, you disgusting, white devils. April O'Neil was always a proud African Princess. You racist motherfuckers whitewashed her like all the other Black Super Heroes you stole. The white man is a thieving Neanderthal.

Attached: April is a proud, Nubian Queen..jpg (699x683, 147.49K)

I thought she was jewish

I had assumed that was suppose to be a sodegarami.

Attached: 450px-Sodegarami.JPG (450x600, 92.43K)

Maybe the factory fucked up the huge order of toys and they were like fuck it these are their weapons now

Is she a Green Lantern?

April was merely afflicted with 80s fashion, so she'd frizz/perm her hair up at times. I believe the idea was that originally she'd be a fairly normal/average woman, not so much the more attractive type for TV reporter.

Attached: e103c01fea76b37b8c812919c0ca87f9--teenage-mutant-ninja-ninja-turtles[1].jpg (1808x2984 1.35 MB, 7.72M)

THAT IS NOT A FUCKING ODACHI.

Attached: odachi-26.jpg (1000x750 194.89 KB, 102K)

What's the source on this page anyways? I always see people bring up this exact page with the argument that April was always supposed to be black. It doesn't look like it's drawn by either Eastman or Laird, so was this one of the weird guest stories from when they split up? I know Laird stated that he originally created her to be Asian, but didn't end up going that route and instead went with New York Irish. Here she is in her first appearance with Baxter Stockman. If she was supposed to be black, why didn't they grey tone her skin like they do with every other black character who shows up in the book? She was also obviously white when she appears on color covers. Even in the color reprints from 1986, which Kevin Eastman colored, she was white.

Attached: RCO013_1468799445.jpg (720x1086, 195.34K)

But why do they always draw female niggers with that same weird puffball hairdo?
Nigresses in real life don't wear their hair like that except like literal toddler girls

Attached: tumblr_ninv4mSS0E1sbco0ko3_1280.png (651x402, 282.19K)

that's like asking why they always give blacks and italians lips in cartoons, but not white folk

don't question it

also black women don't look right with white hair

Because of the 70's.

Attached: honky.jpg (263x400, 50.91K)

Attached: Conan o'n Haiti 1.png (1200x675 248.66 KB, 144.45K)

TMNT (Vol. 1) #32.
The artist is Mark Von Bode, Vaughn Bode's no-good kid.
April is only black in the colourised reprint. Fuck knows what Bode was trying for, he was probably high at the time.

You're reminding me of what happened to Cracked. Fuck.

it's funny, they literally drew a white feminist and then colored her black. legit all they did.

Thanks, man. I just went back and read that issue, well the black and white version since that's the easiest to find scans of, and there's a couple of things worth noting. She's coloured white on the cover, although I don't know what the cover for the reprint where she's black is. Also, for some reason she's a reporter now, like in the cartoon and movies. So I don't think the issue is them most rock solid example of canon. Although, let's be real here, a good portion of the Mirage comics aren't super concerned with continuity.

Attached: RCO046_1469339979.jpg (882x1433 371.65 KB, 416.16K)

Don't you know it's racist to depict racial features besides hair?

It's a bit of virtue signalling and a bit of racism. You see, for years now there has been a push for "natural black hairstyles" which generally means black hairstyles that aren't straightened or used a ton of chemicals to achieve the look. Usually it means things like braids, twists, or dreads, but sometimes it means fros too, even though a healthy fro would still require a lot of product to keep from being dry but I digress. A poofy hair style admittedly signals "this character is black with a black hairstyle!" If she just had a bun or a ponytail, she might not look like a nig at first glance or uncolored. But it's super important you know she's black and as well know they get it.

And his face looks like a mask, plain and simple.

Honestly this is pretty good. Apparently the voice of Michaelangelo in this short is the same one who does the voice of Steven Universe.

I remember user. I remember.

Wanna storytime this?

Attached: erection turtle.jpg (680x604, 36.46K)

Only because you're a fellow of superior fetishes, and it's not like this thread is going to go any place that every thread about this show hasn't already gone.

Attached: TMNT 32 06.jpg (882x1333 174.64 KB, 362.37K)

Attached: TMNT 32 10.jpg (757x1184 305.47 KB, 300.79K)

Attached: TMNT 32 14.jpg (824x1120 317.4 KB, 320.88K)

Attached: TMNT 32 19.jpg (829x1308 353.69 KB, 283.22K)

Attached: TMNT 32 23.jpg (884x1388 375.02 KB, 338.08K)

Attached: TMNT 32 27.jpg (910x1386 360.7 KB, 388.09K)

Attached: TMNT 32 31.jpg (884x1404 395.34 KB, 384.07K)

Attached: TMNT 32 35.jpg (741x1151 320.7 KB, 244.61K)

Attached: TMNT 32 40.jpg (686x1074 218.36 KB, 237.81K)

Attached: TMNT 32 44.jpg (681x1078 247.73 KB, 240.56K)

Attached: TMNT 32 48.jpg (737x1069 268.9 KB, 241.93K)

Attached: TMNT 32 54.jpg (684x988 371.56 KB, 200.08K)

t. gay black 56% orc

No because Baxter is a man and we can't have a whole team of dudes. What are you? Sexist or sometin'?

Attached: like 5 or 6 my dude.png (288x298, 107.48K)

When I was in school, generally kids hung with their genders. There was no pre-set requirement that had to be met, like at least 1 girl in every group.

It would've actually been neat to have someone like Baxter as the human mc only to have him turn into an evil mutant and force the turtles into a moral dilemma on how to save their friend from his corruption.

Or if they were dead set on having a girl, they could have used Angel. Then they could have had her gradually becoming more involved with the Purple Dragons who turn her against the Turtles. I have a feeling this show won't have any moral dilemmas in it though. I can almost guarantee that if Baxter shows up, he'll be a classmate of April's. She'll beat him in the science fair and then he'll create the mousers to get even with her or something.

Attached: angel.jpg (474x355, 21.61K)

FIRST TRAILER IS OUT

Animation looks really lazy and stiff. Nigger April looks more awful than we expected.

Every design somehow looks worse in motion and the theme song sounds like they recycled most of it from the last series.

Attached: bread and butter.gif (500x281, 605.66K)

jesus…

purple dragons are so early 2000's

Why does Raph have a fang? GOd the animation looks so cheap and stiff. It feels like at times they try to make their animation look fluid but it still looks off.

They used them a little bit in the 2012 cartoon and Hun in that cartoon is basically a Bruce Lee look alike. Still I liked 2003 Purple Dragons.

Try 1984. They were literally the first enemies the Turtles fought, in the first issue.

Attached: RCO007_1468796411.png (1280x1850 991.02 KB, 564.07K)

Attached: RCO010_1468796411.jpg (1280x2012 548.65 KB, 1.16M)

Looks awful.

Just found my new wallpaper

lel

TTMNT WHEN?!?!?!

Attached: transgender teenage mutant ninja turtles.jpg (912x603, 94.75K)

Hey Holla Forums

the coloring is weird (shredder is purple and red for some reason?) but it has extra splash pages compared to the old archie version, so I couldn't resist

so rule 63 is now transgender apparently?

Most of the action looks like it's lacking in the frames and seems choppy to me.

Attached: mirage-studios-collected-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tpb-1.jpg (465x700, 107.83K)

Fuck off, CUCK.

That started with the video games.

because it is one?

That's been a thing since the original toy line.

Attached: TMNT Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figure a.jpg (606x422, 68.53K)

If you told me this was the next TMNT animated show, I would believe you

you got the 1990 movie

yeah, but it would be nice to get more. 2003 did the best it could adapting stuff like City at War, but it would be cool to have a show that could do it without toning it down for kids.

since americas still view animation as primarily for children, not gonna happen

Wasn't there an anime? What was that like?
No-one ever seems to talk about it, so I assume it was either very hard to find, or cancer.

And as long as TMNT is marketed primarily to kids

There was an anime though from what I've heard it wasn't that good.

Looks like the Turtles are soldiers of ISIS.

Fuck you pleb.

Wow… At the very least I thought the animation would be fluid and decent… This somehow looks shittier than TTGO. Only nice thing I can say is that the backgrounds don't look half bad. Also, is that supposed to be Splinter? Looks like a furry pig for fuck's sake. What a fucking dip compared to the badass rat we got in 2012. And April's voice is as grating as her design. At the very least hire a decent VA and give her a not-shitty hair style or have her dye her hair red.

I'll take this over what we're getti-
They're ruining my fetish.

Almost every pre-2010s comic adaptation of a movie is always inaccurate, probably to get you to want to watch/buy the actual movie.

We can't have nice things. Although that shit about April being a living drawing was pretty silly though.

Is it wrong that I would actually prefer this to what we're getting?

Its basically TMNT meets Super Sentai/Power Rangers and they turn into green-skinned humans (and occasionally robots) for some reason and it uses their 80s designs. I can't say its good or bad, just really weird.

We need to go back in time to the mid 90s and get MTV to do a TMNT cartoon on Liquid Television.

You reminded me of the fact that they did a Spiderman cartoon, instead. Never saw but heard it was good.

The Turtles in the films and comics have always had a slight color and pattern variation. They have differences. Though Leonardo is the proper species they were said to be here.

I like turtles. But who is the black woman.

I wish the TMNT shows and movies would be like the Old comics. The Old Comics are so fast paced. You get to DIMENSION FUCKING X in like issue FUCKING 5.

But TMNT is all about STAYING IN THE FUCKING CITY. LET DEVOTE TWO SEASONS TO MORE CITY SHIT. I really like the last cgi turtles series. It was really good overall. Overall awesome. The 2003 show was good to an extent. The Jack Kirby episode gets to me.

I love TMNT but the comics source material is such untapped potential for a fast paced show or Movie series. The Very First film had it down perfectly.

Movie two could of been baxter and the utroms but it was "cartooned"

Attached: raphael-presentday.jpg (600x449, 57.36K)

YOU MEAN A SHELL PHONE AND A
SHELLFIE STICK JACK

fucking endme

Attached: transmat.jpg (799x911, 710.37K)

Wait no this has to be IRMA thats got to be her. No way no THE MONSTERS they've mutated April and IRMA into one person!

Maybe she got a tan. Also I wonder if the inking is off? Either way april has been predominately white.

Attached: april mirage.jpg (331x542, 48.79K)

I've read the first volume of the TMNT comic. I love it. It does bug me that splinter doesn't seem to be a "real" ninja master. simply learning from books. But ehh.

My dad had this notion that at somepoint the turtles made comments about wanting to bang april. As a Kid he wouldn't let me read them.
I know mikey had a crush on her. But was this ever a thing in the actual mirage comics?

Also do you know how big a turtles dick is…..

It seemed that after the success of the cartoon and film the comics were heavily influenced. The early part of TMNT Pizza is not even a meme in it. It does show up but not as a joke or a lifestyle food.

Attached: Image004_RT.jpg (1650x2400, 1.17M)

This was decent. I like Casey He's my favorite supporting character next to Splinter.

You wash your mouth out. Splinter was a ninja master's pet rat, and watched every class he taught.
Even Shredder noted, the ONE time he fought the turtles, that they "fought well… in the old style". So Splinter taught the turtles in what was recognisable as Foot clan ninjitsu.

Which, if you accept the later, retarded stories as canon, isn't surprising, as one story had the turtles travel back in time and teach the Foot clan's ancestors. Yeah, I know, what the fuck? About on a level with April as a living drawing, and cyborg Donatello.

Hooktube user, use it.

Autism user, you have it.

Ok Fuck me I have a bad memory. What am I smoking. I looked back and your right.

So yeah while splinter defiantly had books on martial arts in one of the panels he was trained by his master.

I swear one of the many origins just has him reading a fucking martial arts book.

Attached: tmnt_big_cab.jpg (500x667, 98.38K)

On the topic of Turtles. My local store and my local guy who has all of the old shit. Meaning everything good. Have no turtle comics.

The new store locally used to have them but he told me no one was interested. I felt as if TMNT was the last bastion of good comics.

I enjoyed the few IDW comics I could find. Does any one else have trouble finding them or are my local stores just crap.

Attached: tmnt tv guide cover art.jpg (633x900, 170.32K)

As a kid, it always pissed me off that he barely showed up in the original cartoon. He had a cool design and was bad ass in the first movie. I was glad when 2003 fixed that.

I think that was his origin in the shitty Michael Bay TMNT movies. I remember him having no connection to the Shredder in those.

I don't think you're alone there. TMNT is one of IDWs best selling books and it still only sells around the 10,000 issues a month. 10,000 issues spread across every comic shop in North America means that there's quite a few stores that are ordering very few copies or none at all. They're easy enough to find scans online, but it's best that you follow a reading guide since there's a lot of one shots and mini series that tie into the main series tmntentity.blogspot.ca/2013/02/the-idw-tmnt-continuity-timeline.html If you're set on buying them though, the easiest and cheapest way to do that is with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The IDW Collections. They're omnibus releases that include all the main series, one shots, and mini series in chronological order.

Jeez, Titmouse and Tmnt2003 minis did a better job with their flash animation.

Attached: tmnt2003minieppacking.webm (480x360, 3.84M)

Well is untouchable Titmouse

I meant that in a good way, autismo.
Or because they're based on an earlier script?
Why would you want to buy a comic if it's identical to the movie anyway. The fun of comic adaptations is seeing alternate versions of the movie.

Too bad 2003 essentially toned him down after a couple episodes. He's supposed to have anger issues like Raphael and act a bit psychotic at times but they essentially just made him comic relief after season 1.