Anyone else playing Revelator up in here?

Anyone else playing Revelator up in here?

I checked the catalog and couldn't find the Fightan General

Man these input times are so unforgiving. The execution needed compared to practically any other fighter out now is insane. I havent really been playing many matches because I want to finish the trials, combos and missions first so I can get a full grasp of thr game before I start learning bad habits just for a win. I'm forcing myself to main Chip, he's been my favorite since the ps2 days and playing online on pc way back when. I'm playing on stick now and fuck the speed needed for these combos is SLOWLY coming to me but damn, its obvious already how much I need to keep playing just go gitgud. How is everyone else doing? I barely on chip's advanced combo 6. Gettng S rank on all the missions is a chore too, I'll keep repeating it and wont go to the next one unless I have an S.

Is it just me or do a lot of characters seem really difficult to play as? Don't get me wrong this is the reason I love GG, because of the diverse cast of fighters with really out there playstyles but that combinednwith the execution speed needed to be good I can really see why not too many people play this game and why theres only like one or two good American top players at EVO.

So with all that being said, anyone have any tips or anything they'd like to share?

Chip
Venom, I always hated getting styled on by his ass.

Im using Ino at the moment but im not too fond of her when she announces matches.
Awe of She all day errday

Also, does anyone know when Dizzy gets released? You think she will be free to download?

Nigga what?

Im not fond of the 2.5d and that there's No ABA

Explain

I gotta say it actually looks pretty damn good. I felt the same way but this style actually grew on me. Millia and surprisingly Jam looks extra sexy. I just wish there was an option for hatless Millia.

Dizzy will probably be announced at EVO. Supposedly she'd going to be free like Kum and Raven were.

Did you play Sign?

I wont be able to pick up revelator until it's out on PC, unfortunately.

I did, and I do have it for PS3. Bought it secondhand for cheap, but I was playing on a hueg flatscreen that had terrible input lag so I didn't play it very long, then over the course of time I got a PS4 and the evo standard monitor, and Im fucking loving it.

Usually modern TVs have a gaming mode that you have to turn on to reduce input lag. Basically it turns off a shit ton of post processing effects so that the images can render faster.

Yeah I did that but its a fuckin like 52" vizio that i got for cheap on black friday. So that input lag combined wih the ps3s already inherent input lag I just couldnt do it on that tv. I couldnt even play my Miku games properly, no matter how many times I tweaked the delay number on the game it never felt on

May
Chipp, Slayer, Leo. Everyone else is cool
Yes
Blue water blue sky

I've been playing Guilty for 10+ years now, never was great, though I did manage to become acquiantances with r0b0t, who was the best Sol in the US at one time. Around then I really stepped up my game, but then life happened, but I'll tell you some things that worked for me.

BLOCKING. DEFENSE. BLOCKING. DEFENSE. This is the first thing I worked on and it helped me tremendously in not being a scrub anymore. I think there's not a lot of top American players in GG because let's face it, we suck at blocking. For awhile I had a misconception that GG was this highly offensive rushdown game but if you can't defend, you might as well not even play. Learn to block and counter common pressure strings. Green block every single special move so you don't take chip damage, it could very well mean life and death. Learn to IB and exploit the situations that come out of it.

The only way to gitgud with execution is practice. But improving my defense and execution is what brought me to the dance, I could at least hang with r0b0t and not get totally blown up.

Also, don't get locked into a defensive/offensive mentality. Spacing is infinitely more important and is ultimately what determines whether you'll attack or defend in GG.

Good luck.

This x100. For some reason newcomers to the genre never block and perpetually eat shit especially on wakeup. Down back is easy to input and its important as fuck

I get what you're saying. I still don'treally have it conditioned in me to push buttons while blocking. I don't think I want to play matches just yet because I need to condition my fingers to move at the certain pace GG requires. Even if I learn to find openings I wont be able to do much when the moment comes if I dont have a full gradp on my character.

Really good info tho thanks.

revelator is good.

venom, learning ky & raven
elphelt although less so than in -sign-
i wish it was more than a loot crate
slayer or venom
ky vs sol theme is breddy gud, embed is still the best one tho

we'll probably hear something at evo, more interested in baiken & robo ky tbh

This was made before the fightan general was up believe it or not.

I like the way the lobbies are set up, I like the little area with cabinets and little dudes running around.

Condition yourself ASAP, man. Instinctively train your eyes and hands to pay attention to meter and use it when neeeded, if you have to spend hours in training mode to get it down, DO IT. Just an example, any Ky worth a shit will wear you down with Stun Edges and if you're not FDing them that chip is gonna add up real fucking quick. And don't even get me started on the type of damage Elph and Eddie can do to you if you can't neutralize their specials. Also as of right now disregard what I said about IBing, it's advanced stuff. So are Blitz Shields which I don't even understand that well.

Just keep practicing man. I'm guessing you've been a Capcom player most of your career? Or even worse, 3D fighters? GG is a totally diff beast from any Cap or SNK game, they might as well move at a snail's pace compared to it. Don't worry about having a full grasp on your character, the thing about GG is that you have so many options to literally play the character however you want to and still be able to win. I was never any good with Chipp, just make sure to not get fucking hit and you MIGHT wanna learn a counterpick to Potemkin cause he can kill you in four hits lol.

Has a good point cause I completely neglected wakeup in my post. I was working on my spacing and my wakeup game when I was ready to advance beyond blocking and execution. You can easily find wakeup options for any character online but spacing really comes down to specifics, and Chipp obviously needs to get in really fucking close… when he does though, your golden. Learn your pressure strings bro, as well as your mixups, and how to smash through guards. Practice for a couple weeks and laugh gleefully as you Perfect Sol scrubs.

If you got any more questions, ask. I know there's an FG general but eh, us GGers deserve our own fucking thread.

does not compute

No Zappa No Buy
No Zappa No Buy
No Zappa No Buy
No Zappa No Buy
No Zappa No Buy
Testament is who i really want but Zappa seems a bit more real

Any word on them adding Baiken?

Waiting on the pc release unfortunately.

Guys, we've just found the rarest and most unique creature in all of the world - a Zappa main who doesn't seem to have been playing him only in +R where he was beyond broken tier

I thought they were just myths and legends

Just focus on getting Raoh out ASAP and Zappa might as well be broken tier in any

Broken tier in any incarnation. Sorry, drunk.

Weak bait

Front paging this shit.

Bedman "man with the plan"
Bedman "the one man klan"
Raven. The fact that his air dash basically spaces for him, fills me with rage.
It's nice.
Does The Sheep Count The Sheep forever.

Jack-O , Johnny, and Elphelt

Sin's a really pain in the ass sometimes

I didn't bother, I just want to play fightan games not Gaia Online

I didn't use any of these yet

Sol's Dragon Install theme is fucking awesome

Hey fuck you I liked Zappa even after they nerfed him in the latest version of XX

Sorry OP I prefer to play real Guilty Gear games rather than cancerous shit.

I love AC but I don't miss jobbing to Eddie and Pots no matter what I do.

I'm enjoying XrdR, but I'm just kinda defaulted to playing Sol. I came from playing Axl in +R and subbing Robo-Ky and O.Sol, but I just can't find a character that makes my nipples hard in this game.

Why, god?

Friend bought it for our community fighting game pool, it's pretty good. Still gotta get through the story though since I give a fuck about GG lore.

Sol, Raven looks like fun same with Jack for being Overture the character.
Millia, I have a friend who is pretty good with her. Don't hate anyone in GG though just my hardest matchup personally
Haven't played online yet
No idea. But in Blazblue it's Jin all the way
The Re-Coming by a long shot.

Jack-O
Sin, Axl, and Bedman (some of Jack-O's worst matchups)
Yep! got some good stuff from using that
Both of Jack-O's system voices
Sky should be high (both versions) (WHY DIDN'T THEY MAKE THIS TRACK AVAILABLE TO CHOOSE IT'S SO DAMN GOOD!)

May

Not a big fan of Sin so far but I'll have to play more of the game I think before really getting a character I hate.

I love it, considering I aim to eventually unlock everything it seems good value a lot of the time.

Not really sure yet but I liked Elphelt's

I can't really think of a standout track, it's all pretty good for an OST.