SS13 Thread: SUNDAY FUNDAY edition

What is Space Station 13?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Station_13

How the fuck do I play this shit?
You have to use a program that lets you play shitty anime games from the 90s and this game: byond.com/download/

Where are your servers?
We only got one.
NewStation @ byond://74.91.121.114:7777

HOLY FUCK HOW DOES THIS GAME WORK
We got a mostly-decent wiki going, it should teach you the basics and the other mechanics of the game: 8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

WE HAVE A DESIGNATED PLAYTIME THIS SUNDAY, AT 8PM EST
JOIN IN MOTHERFUCKERS

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Space_Law
youtube.com/watch?v=Ito4CaFe0jk
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Guide_to_chemistry
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

At what time is the
DESIGNATED
playtime?

8PM EST, same as last Sunday from what I've heard.

a forgery

Jesus fuck you guys are hilarious.
Maybe just have people actually play the game :^)

True

play time in 20 minutes

My mistake.

PLAYTIME BEGINS NOW PLS JOIN

Fuck you, OP. It's at 4pm EST you colossal faggot.

S-sorry…

That was a fun manhunt.

Shitty round, janitor remains uncucked.

Reminder that stuns win fights.

More like, reminder to always keep a weapon on you at all times, no matter what.

just fucking pack it up tbh
there's nothing waiting in the wing. no plans. just stagnation and low pop
pull the servers and if 8ch's traffic somehow hasn't dropped in 6 months put it back up.
dead serb dead game dead site

its done for lads. we gave it a shot.

I'm fairly certain it was 3 hours ago.
See your own post:

And google eastern time if you don't believe me.

I am aware. That just highlights how brutal it is.

This happened last week, as well. That ebin 21 players user took a screenshot didn't even last the shift. ~2 hours later it was ~10 people. There's just not enough people here to actually have an active server.

guess its time to learn how to fit into the /vg/ circlejerk if i wanna spaceman on anything other than dead shifts

Lmao ok leave

Why nobody is playing though?
What happened?

I remember when the whole Holla Forums ss13 project started there were lots of people, I was even able to make armies of borgs/constructs.
Why nobody is playing anymore?

burnt out/drama bullshit/shitter circlejerks/code shenanigans/bad hosts/fucking furries/no mappers

if you can think of it, it's happened

Shame.
I had fun with my manhunts and that robust guy actually managing to foil my plans.

Bad admins followed by bad admins. Nel killed us all when he killed his god-tier server. Then there were constant griffon armies, which were made of metagaming admin friends. Then hatestation's staff was the final nail in the coffin, especially after the only good admin, david taft, left.

Though personally, the absolutely cringeworthy constantly-repeated ebin """"roleplays"""" (faggot pretending to be a tribal nig, hot sauce past the first time, ebinXDDD nazi/feminazi roleplays, etc.) were also a major disappointment.

I call it The Temptation of the Greyshirt

Personally I stopped playing on Holla Forums servers because of the drama. Sadly most servers aren't much better.

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

More like, you have no reason to carry a weapon, and you're giving security probably cause to search and detain or arrest you under suspicion.

ABSOLUTELY the most garbage weapon in the game. You're better off by miles if you just tablecraft a make-shift shotgun, and that has like a 50% chance of blowing up in your face.
Also, If you're one of those chucklefucks who thinks using a flamethrower against the blob or spacevines, you should uninstall BYOND.

*against blob or spacevines is a good idea

all the make shift weapons and armours are shit since you can pretty easily get anything better not that long from spawning

Yeah but the flamethrower is
The Worst

just because you always burn your self with it

Bad admins weren't the problem. We had maybe 1-2 that were truly shit. The bigger problem was a small group of turbo shitters who wouldn't stop griffing.

At its most potent a flamethrower is just a mediocre quick area denial weapon. In any other situation it's outclassed by everything else.

Have you ever heard of ROLEPLAYING?

You can excuse any weapon choice with ROLEPLAYING I guess.

They wouldn't be shitting on anything if the admins did their jobs, thus the issue was in fact bad admins.

I watched the same guy get banned 4 games in a row, but he'd just keep coming back with new BYOND IDs and new IPs. I don't think you understand how autistic these dudes were.

^

shitters are only shitters because they can get away with it

I've done my time as an SS13 admin, and I can tell you that it's like playing sec on hippiestation.

No matter what you do, everyone hates you. Ban people on suspicion that they're a ban evader? Shitmin abusing your power.

Wait till said person does something bannable? He starts going cuban pete with his metagame friend. Shitmin not doing his job.

There's just no winning. It really didn't help the Holla Forums server that you'd never see admins on, and the few good ones we had left shortly after they showed up.

t. someone who was literally never on server anytime and still pretends that he dindu nuffin he wuz gud admin and totally not helped fuck the server up more than any shitler.

GITGUD DINDU NUFFIN
HE WAS A GUD BOY
NEEDED MORE TG AND BAYCODE FOR PROGRAMS
KORIATH'S GOING TO CODE SCHOOL EVERY SUNDAY

What is this new meme

Another wonderful gift from the Finns.

I take it to mean "signed, "
Is that accurate

I am not good at memeingery

You got it user.

Come in the server, we got phazons!

Do you have alient cock

Actually I placed a shitload of aliens right at arrivals, so that anyone that passed through there would inevitably end up infected and turned into a xeno scum.

Granted, that's over since round seem to have reset but yeah, the joke is you were going to get infected, there were no phazons.

t. MEANS REGARDS YOU FUCKING normalfagS

GET OFF MY BOARD

NEWSTATION IS DED
NOT EVEN
DESIGNATED SHITTING PLAYTIME
WILL SAVE IT

has the thread ever been this dead?

no bully

when you blow your funposting

I'm going to try getting in to this game again. The farthest I got last time I played was being somewhat decent as shaft minor. I feel like I'm going to have to relearn a lot of stuff though since this station has differences.

Expect me on later tonight after I install Byond again. I'll study the Wiki for a while. Any rules I should know about outside of common sense?

The station's quite outside the DESIGNATED fun time mate, you'll probably log in to see only 2-3 players on.
It's better that you play during the DESIGNATED of this week, meanwhile you could try another station though, I guess.

Well if I'm learning I guess it would be a good idea to play while nobody is on.

spears are murder-weapons that, depending on the codebase, are lethal in either 2 or 5 hits
shame they seem to have toned back bleeding

Rejoin fegit

I haven't even got on yet. I was going to get on later but I will now I guess. Just don't expect me to understand the rules.

Ow sorry, thought you were the blue assistant.

Also if Bigslice could come on, that would be nice thanks
I GOT SUM FIXES

Well it was fun trying to figure stuff out until I died.

Next time I'll just shoot myself out an airlock and fuck off in to space.

Compile it nobody is on

LEARN TO USE THE GITHUB

"no"

GitGud then

It's literally a system for multiple users to code one thing.
How can it be in any way related to SJWs?

They ban any project that have """offensive""" words, such as webmforretards for having the word retard in the project, or c+=, or the gamergate info collection.
Additionally, they keep adding social media features that are completely unusable because the people who work there are on twitter and facebook 24/7 instead of doing actual work so they don't know what's useful for developing things and what's impossible to use. For example, emoji and saved phrase support. There is no time where saved phrases can ever be used when responding to an issue or even worse, commenting on a commit, for obvious fucking reasons. Emojis are completely and utterly pointless because people's feelings has no bearing on the quality of a commit or on the relevance of an issue.

Meanwhile they completely ignore critical problems with the site, such as the search function being completely broken (fails to lookup words where the suffix matches the query if there's any non-whitespace prefix, no support for looking up symbols like "/*somevar", no case sensitivity option like "someVar" v.s. "SomeVar" where the former is a variable typically but not always assigned to the internal value in the SomeVar definition before it is fully processed, as well as the name most used to refer to the return value of that function; or e.g. var Var = getVar(); where var is a very common keyword and Var is the variable name).

Fuck off with your privileged permissions and unchecked shitlording

And I even forgot to mention that when you use the back button in your browser to move back on github, instead of going back, it sometimes sends you to root_url/undefined so your history is no longer usable. Moreover, if you press back too fast, you run into an "abuse prevention mechanism" which prevents you from going back OR EVEN DISPLAYING THE FUCKING PAGE

Don't forget that the search feature can't be used in forks, now that is fucking retarded.

Yeah.

So bottom line is: site is full of critical and high-priority issues, but instead they decide to add unusable social media garbage, delete repos they don't personally approve of even if they don't break any rules, shit on meritocracy, and circlejerk about their racial and sexual quotas because muh feefees.

Best avoided when possible, but unfortunately, github is too popular to completely ignore if you have a programming-related job.

Hey niggers get on chef excellence!
I want a couple of good rounds.

7 players on station more people hop in now

byond://74.91.121.114:7777

here is the IP

Wow you try to do something fun and someone shits all over it because they can

I'm pretty much done with this server, people find the dumbest fucking reasons to murderbone.

You are begging for people to play with then you reduce the numbers in the first couple of fucking minutes.

I don't give a rats ass anymore about ICC when the round is still going.

Everytime I try to do anything slightly fun some fucking faggot goes on a murder rampage.

Whether its your own ayy teamates deciding to kill you when in larva.

Whether its sec murderboning despite having a lawyer.

Nothing changes its always shit, everyone griefs and nothing is done.

Whoever is playing captain should be role banned from playing captain or security.
He killed 2 people without even questioning them.
Worse he had no actual proof of anything just the word of someone else.

If you reading this, you do not know how to play captain,
You are not allowed to murderbone because you think something is going on.
Someone lied to you and know the server has less people playing a fresh round.

You either are meta where you know the person telling you this shit which is why you trusted someone who could be syndi.
Or
You were just looking to murderbone, so you took any excuse.

A month ago this server had on average 8-10 people playing.
Now it has if lucky one.

Why do you think that is? Could it be that after the round first starts people do not like being killed by some powertripping faggot who doesn't know how to play?

No couldn't be that, so lets keep on having Chaplains who aren't antag kill people randomly.
Lets have Captains killing people randomly ignoring space law or at least talking to someone.
Lets have Ayys eat their own teammates who waited hours to do something after dead only to have some chucklefuck eat them in larva form.

The game was fun when people worked together and weren't looking for a fucking reason to gib someone.
It was fun breaking into the secret bar and making a station wide party.
It was fun roleplaying a heroin junkie who couldn't stop from breaking into botany.

This murderboning shit just ends up with a ded population.
I'm pretty sure I even know the faggot doing it constantly, its always the same faggot.

Shitter borg's ckey seems to be HunterZoom

Welp the server was nice well it lasted

Since spesslaw was mentioned: 8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Space_Law
It needs to be updated I think.

I wish I had a captain like this fucking tard back on hippie.
Whenever I just rolled syndi I could of just lied to captain and have him do my dirty work for me.

Captain operates as he sees fit.
Security has to keep the station safe.

If you don't like it, play Lawyer, who can enforce space law on others in a non-violent way, and ensure that proper protocols are followed.

If the server was nice while it lasted, why are you complaining? You obviously had a good time, then.

because I don't like the fact no one gives a fuck about keeping it good.
Yeah lets just let everything degrade to shit.

No the captain isn't allowed to act like a fucking retard.
He probably did some syndis dirty work without even realizing it.
Regardless killing 2 people out the gate in the early part of the game is not going to keep this Server alive.

Which should be fucking obvious because only a month after having 40 people playing at the same time its now at most 12.
Do you understand numbers.
Do you understand how the game works?

I don't blame the admin, he can't be on all the time.
However I blame this fucking reddit community that thinks because they are 8chaim that that means we act like fucking Holla Forumstards.
Fucking christ get your shit together or no one is going to play with you meme lords.

It's fine that your upset, user, but that is not a reason to tell tales.

The learn literally any of the dozens of clones…

Are you saying when the server split from the faggot ran server there wasn't 40 people playing?
It was like playing on a non shitty version of hippie.

Forty players who login in the span of a few days, never all at once.

This was my round today.

reply unrelated picture related

You're an idiot, user.

It did spark a nice story arc though.

Yeah you a fuck nigger.
You basically gave the retarded ass captain an excuse to murder bone.
You also are lying you told him it was a coo not a mafia.
I was dead nigger, i can here all the conversations.

Congrats about playing the captain like a fool, but once again something good was prevented.

Sometimes you robust others.
Sometimes you get robusted.

That's how it goes.

Yeah I don't blame you nigga, except for being a snitch, and lying about it.
Shit at time I put hotline in the donuts.

I am fucking pissed by the fucking dumbass captain, always and forever.

Trouble in the station might have put in danger my gambling/smoking activities.
Couldn't have that.

Also Captain and I had fun together, you were just unlucky that we bonded before meeting with you folks.

Can you inject any chemicals into lightbulbs, or only plasma?

Eg, can you mix blood and smoke and make a viral bomb when the lights are turned on

Try it out.

You did to, nigga I watched you, I couldn't believe you were playing lotto for so long.

That has nothing to do with it.
Drop the RP.
This is real shit I'm discussing and it can't be brushed off to the side, because it fucking ruins the game for others.

There is a reason /tg/ got involved in the game, its because it draws much of its gameplay from tabletops and roleplay.

When you get in a group for any tabletop people are dedicating hours to a game, this normally doesn't hold true for ss13 except for our station which can run for 5 hours at a time.

When some faggot, doesn't understand his role and the rules that he needs to play by he becomes That Guy, the one who takes his fun over anyone elses.

Maybe that would work for other games, but what that eventually ends up with is a ded server.
What does the murder bone do when there is no one to murder?

Being captain does not give an excuse to kill pointlessly.
Especially at the word of someone else who might as well be a syndi getting someone to do their dirty work.

Why are we having this conversation?
This is the shit people bitch about most with Hippie station.
Dumbasses in positions they have no familiarity in playing and no humbleness to realize it so they fuck the entire game up for everyone else.

It becomes increasingly hard every year to find a server that isn't filled with cancerous faggots who think extending their power past the limits is fun and will keep people playing.

I used to have several good rounds with out dumb shit happening.
Now its almost every other round, now that its rare we even have rounds with more then 10 people the gaps between decent games becomes even larger.

I am a big enough faggot to endlessly bitch about it but just because you fail to hear others complain about this shit doesn't mean its not there.

But then I'd have to play

Is there anybody in the server? I just got here and brought company

Don't think so, some faggot captain seems to have killed everyone off

Nah, you just missed a great shift though.
Have a butthurt triggered redditor in exchange.

Fucking hell when will you guys be back, im stuck being alone

I'll play with you.

Not only can you not play captain your also passive aggressive.
Do you have a pair of nuts or did your mother pin them up for decoration?

Its like poetry

I was having a nice jerk only to get killed be a reddit captain, oy vey let me have two hands to robust you.

captain it was hos, at least play the game long enough to know the diffrence, you can right click someone and see their roll.
Its amazing how clueless underage reddit fags always scream about reddit.
Also I confirmed there is meta going on as well.
I killed the tard for coming into sec and someone found him in a dark alley in less then 10 and for some reason the traitor was intrested in reviving a civi.

There is clear meta faggotry involved, and I love rolling around in your tears.

You wrote off my complaints and now niggas are bitching of the same thing.

Yeah, I have no idea how he was able to open a locked locker from the inside.
Cuffed too.

Oh well like they say sometimes your robust sometimes your robusted, hue hue hue.

should've just put me on the bed, I was already retarded

That wouldn't as been nearly as fun for me.
It is curios why the syndi was reviving you though, you guys have a TS or mumble going?

yeah we're kiking it up, us jews stick together
oy vey

I sincerely hope your joking

you're*

of course goy

*you're

Is server down for anyone else?

Well I made a fix for the dismembering toy sword.

Let it slide man, sometimes unfair shit happens in this game, can't help it.

What no come on.
My ultimate weapon.

Do you really want shitters to grief with this?

IT'S SS13

lmao that sounded like ((CURRENT YEAR))
I'm also werking on weapon battery replacement for bigger capacity.

Huh?
I didn't let it slide I got even.

These faggots want to murder bone?
Good, I killed everyone in the last round last night in less then 20 minutes.

Best part is when they bitched about the same shit I was bitching about.

This is really unacceptable, its clear meta faggotry, they are either communicating through 3rd party program or in the same house
Imagine that, two people who both helped each other last round are again working together in the next round.

RIP, server, with players like this and other players more then willing to allow the server to be flooded with meta faggotry and murder boning will be ded in a month.

That was pretty robust, everything you did was warranted.

From my point of view security and all head jobs (except HoP) are always under way too much stress, no matter what they always suck and are always shitcurity.
If you break into brig you deserve to have your face caved in.

Got the Ckeys?

Unfortunately no, however they are so blatant with there shit it wont be hard to find as long as someone is looking.

JOIN IN FAGGOTS
JOIN IN FAGGOTS
JOIN IN FAGGOTS
JOIN IN FAGGOTS
JOIN IN FAGGOTS
JOIN IN FAGGOTS
JOIN IN FAGGOTS

Hypothetical question

If I were to teach a friend how to play the game over Discord or whatever and made it clear we were playing together for the sake of him learning the game for a round or two, would it be allowed?

Only when nobody is on, or everyone present agrees to it.

HOW COME NO ONE IS EVER ON NEWSTATION

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Because of fags like cd9dd8

I'm feeling it. The cares of the ocean.

I got banned again from /tg/station permanently, so I'm free whenever.

Not even max efficiency either only 4k moles of plasma on the right side.

It'll stop working in a few minutes.

Nope, but it does fluctuate between 26 MWs and 3 MWs

not 3, 8.

New round starting SOON

NEW ROUND STARTING GET THE FUCK IN HERE

NEW ROUND GET THE FUCK IN HERE FAGGOTS

JUST

Fuck this shit.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU COULD OF USED SOME
ROBUSTâ„¢

Nigger I was lagging every 5 fucking seconds when he was chasing me down with a chainsaw.

Shitty ISP or shitty connection?

Both

Buy a wifi adapter or card with an antenna, those help a lot trust me.

A noice proof of concept for something.

DOWN WITH THE SYSTEMS OF OPRESSION! WE MUST SEIZE THE MEANS OF PRODUCTION

There needs to be a better way for tators to communicate. Nobody ever cares about the keywords and nobody ever takes the encryption keys (plus, they're too expensive).

How much are they on newstation? The server I usually played on gives them for one or two and I remembered always getting them as traitor cause it made finding my targets piss easy.

I think they're 5 or something like that. Though it's not like I look at them every time I play.

WHAT THE FUCK THE ROUND IS STILL GOING WHAT

>take a several month break from spess to focus on education
Where did I go so wrong?

2 or 3 TC for encryption keys are good.

I still feel like there should be a nerf on emag, either make it cost more, or split its functionality up. For example, a Door Slicer item that costs 4 TC for 6 uses.

Alternatively, what about difficulty levels for different roles? You'd opt for your difficulty when picking whether to do the thing or not (OFF/Easy/Medium/Hard) and this could adjust how many objectives you need as well as how many TC you start with.

I don't know the details, but you could handwave this in-character by doing "helpful work" to avoid suspicion. Although you're right, it very likely was meta shittery

Try installing Java, for some reason that werked for me, also set your byond file to not read-only

Might as well make the encryption key part of the default layout just like the modded PDA, such that it simply adds a syndie channel. After all, people have to talk in local to be heard and the text looks different when someone talks over radio as opposed to real local chat, which can help create even more paranoia when someone is trying to use the wrong :x channel or when someone doesn't realize comms are down.

The difficulty idea is pants on head retarded and doesn't help anything in any way whatsoever.

Why? Explain your reasoning beyond "no"

What time are we playing today?

For real this time you fucking faggots.

4pm east time probably, but I'll be late. instead of early this time

So ==what server are we really on?== Which server is main and which server is backup?

All servers are dead. Come back in a few months when it is likely that gitgud or someone comes back with a new station and ckey to ruin everything

Oops, wrong thread, I thought I was in the xonotic thread.

Whoa there, bump

Okay, now that we're not on page 16, small idea

Implementation when?

Emilyinspace here

Just confirming I'm on your server and I'm actively making sure that no one has a good time :^)

I'm glad Hate's finally dead, enjoy your empty servers ;)

The risk is supposed to be that it effectively produces free bombmixes, but nobody ever goes through the trouble of breaking in.

literally who?

bump

Just some mentally ill space whale who thinks anything that goes on with the 8ch serbs are about her.

So… mark?

WEW

GreyTideStationWide was another good admin and he died with pizza station.

The only time there was any salt about him he was gone for an entire month.

Did the drama kill him or was it cancer?

I won't bother trying to be fun any more, I'll just murderbone.

It would have been such a sweet greentext, too; I had my arm blown off in the first five minutes and robotics was incompetent - did all my tator business with one arm

sage for doublepost

shoulda gotten some conveyor belts and tied him to a chair on it

I'm considering opening the floodgates and making the server public due to the lack of players. If anyone has any ideas I'd be happy to hear them.

That is an amazing idea, trying that next time. I'll probably get attacked by a space carp through the window or something, though.

Yeah that works, do that and make a thread on Holla Forums and us from Holla Forums and Holla Forums can identify eachother by gang colors. Purple is V and green is B

either that or get a straight jacket

I think instead of going at this in a hostile way going at it from another approach is much better like I'm sure if you make good friends with the person you can get anything out of them without much resistance

That's a bit of a problem too, though, since the antag is meant to bring excitement (and paranoia) to all involved. If you just befriend someone, or go stealthily, nobody will ever even notice you existed, and yet you'll get a free greentext 95% of the time (you'll have to track down/kill someone braindead another 4% of the time, and the remaining 1% involves having a kill objective on a high-profile, active target).

I agree partially, but I think given sufficient rp kek like good rp ever happens reasoning, it's okay for a traitor and a trasen loyal to be friends. Especially when the traitor is completely non-lethal.

All that being said, though, I never trust a traitor. I'll just try my best to politely decline any collaboration. To be honest I'm paranoid that a friendly traitor will just be looking to kill me for an objective.

I think the problem is more lack of people following space law and lack of sec all the fucking time

I think at this point fucking putting in better secbots that target based on dna rather then name

Exactly.

There's no reason why it wouldn't be OK ICly, the problem is OOCly. Just like you could """roleplay""" a nazi kill the nigs gas the kikes all day every day. OOCly, you're wasting everyone's time.

Not really. If people were to respect space law, shit would be over due to lack of power almost every shift. And by over, I don't mean "shuttle gets called", I mean the station has 0 players all the way until the server crashes. Then there's vines and carps and so on and so forth.

That's an issue, but not related to this one in particular. The problem here is that tatoring is too easy. Stealth is OP because the detective can't do shit when all he knows is that someone with insulated gloves passed through here. Befriending is OP because the detective will ask the captain to confirm your claim that you were gifted the captain's antique laser and the captain will confirm. The detective would have nothing on you, ever.
Murderboning is OP because of the tator's arsenal and the fact he's got full access to maxcap the station or raid the armory or whatever on top of that.

Combined with people's reluctance to roleplay or to trust people (not that they're to blame, it goes both ways, and when powergaming shitlers decide that people whom they betray are "unrobust" and "noobs" and "deserve to be taken out of the round", what can you do exactly?), either you get a boring, pointless, 5 hours round, or you get a boring, pointless, 5 minutes round.

Unless an AI is directing the secbots to a locked in area, nobody's ever getting caught, even without having anything to throw at it to break it before it can stun you. Plus there's hulk and drugs but that's overkill against secbots.

They're just too slow.

Revamp every single aspect of ss13 completely W H E N?

Unrobust, the lot of ya.

Once I had one of your admins change one of my missions to steal the AI, when the station had no AI in it.
I was RD so I simply took a random guy, asked him if he wanted to try out how the AI works, turned him into one and then carded him.

Once I saved a priest from a doctor that was forcing him to sex change, I grew an armblade and brutally killed the fucker and for the rest of the round the priest had my back costantly.

Just because you fucks are traitors or just because you're civilian doesn't mean that 1) you can't be friends or 2) you're powerless to do anything.

Oh so the captain gifted his antique laser pistol to some faggot?
Since the laser pistol is a prototype that CANNOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE BE GIVEN TO THE SYNDACATE demote the captain to a corpse and throw the syndicate out of the airlock.

Also

Bullshit.
It's easy to form bonds in this game, you just need an actual reason to trust each other, of course if someone comes to me and says "Ehy we're going to take over the station" and I'm not converted to cult or rev don't be surprised when I tell the captain on you.
Otherwise, if you end up saving my life from another traitor or a shittier that tried to change my sex then it's very likely I will support you.
Hell I straight up renounced to killing a guy once because we had fun screwing around with phazons and whatnot, literally told him "Yo, I have a mission to kill you but since we had so much fun I decide I'll refrain from it", then we went on an adventure in the clown planet and I saved his life 3 times.

As expected. At least play the game before making up shit that literally never happen.

Jesus fucking christ, I'd like to see any of you top this.

Doesn't mean shit until the output stabilizes after ~10 minutes or so.

Learn to read pal, I outlined in my post that there were xenos in medbay and the shuttle was coming.

So you used bugged atmos mechanics? gj

wew

rekt

kek

good logic that

there's also an issue with people not respecting rank and jurisdiction

Just saying lads I'm willing to mod again if you need it.
I modded for hate station after that faggot puppysky and honkette left but had to leave for a while due to family reasons.

One day, I'll make a full remake of SS13

who r u

Ddraigg tbh lad

Mate, that's useless unless Newstation has stickybans.
Out of the 10 (ten) players they have, 2 are meme-griefers who make sure the population will never go above 10.
Ban them, they'll alt. They've been part of the fauna on the servers since Nel, and we only had a brief respite from them when Zaers brought stickybans to Hate.
And even then, they took to the thread to shit it up.

Pack it up, it's the same as the Terraria servers: fun for a few months until a faggot shows up and refuses to leave.

Sounds about right but we managed to get to 30-40 back when I was being a mod tbh lad.
At first it was KINGSTON then it was honkette etc etc, same thing happened with ace of spades.
I don't think you should give up though.
Honestly if you have a mod watching for meta and banning proactively you can atleast help stop it.
I refuse to go to /vg/ they're all metafaggots there and I migrated there from /tg/ because they were all metafaggots and erpers.
I think the serbian could rise if we just nurture it right and actually be proactive in modding.

Nah mate. Go take a look at the minecraft servers, or the Terraria one's (since those are the only two games that come close to the level of autism of SS13).

When a faggot comes up he'll do one of two things: play on the server or shit up the threads.
He'll do the second if you prevent him from doing the first. And when the threads are the main way to get new players and keep the playerbase fresh, they ensure stagnation over time. Both by playing as faggots and by painting the playerbase as faggots on the thread.

You COULD prevent that with the help of Mark, but he takes sides according to where the wind pulls his ass hairs.

You could make an SS13 board and moderate that?

Thats why I said gimmicky, I only built it to get a screenshot of its peak.

Gas filters having no pressure checks on the diverted gas is a bug like bunnyhopping in an fps is a bug.

That's true, they always stir up fuck loads of meta drama and attempt to split the user base every single time they get banned in a way that they can't shit up the server anymore, but then this has happened throughout the life of SS13 on the chans tbh.
It happened way back on /tg/ and /vg/ and it happened here from the get go tbh.

Does anyone have a contact email with Bigslice?

There's already one.
The most popular thread was about Lifeweb.

And it would be cool, as long as the BO allows diferent stations and focus on stopping faggots from one station fucking up the other's threads.
So you could have one for /vg/ fellas, one for /tg/, and closer to home, one for hate and one for new.

Now, the real problem is the same about most small boards: where do you get users?
That was the important part of the thread on Holla Forums.
Back on pizza what was agreed was that the Holla Forums thread was for general talks. The /ss13/ or /nt/ board would be for meta-discussion (game mechanics or admin-shit).

When Stickybans came, and nearly 20 keys got the hammer, the threads went to shit.
And they actively refused to take the discussion to the other boards.
Understand this: it was never about moderation. It was never about balance, or griefing.

It was about people who got banned trying to bring down the server and the comunity.
If they wanted to discuss problems and fix them, they had boards for that.
They hang around here to scare new players away. And then they hoped on alts to make sure the players had a shitty experience both on the thread and on the server.

I dropped the threads for 3 months when they were a flaming ball of autism.
No server, not even hate was as bad as the thread. They just slowly died. Little by little. Nothing in-game. If you didn't visit the threads you wouldn't even know what the fuck was going on.

If you join Hippie, you'll see 60 players on at all times. But their playerbase numbers in the 500.
That's how they keep a stable 60 over the course of the day, everyday.
We never broke 30. First time we ever had 32 was on Hate.

People break away. People stop playing, people come back after a month. If you want to keep a certain userbase online, you need 3 times that ammount total.
IF we wanted 20 players, we'd need 60.
We never had 60. We had a maximum of 40 guys, with 5-10 being alts.

Oh right, forgot something:
You can also take a page from the intcraft comunity right here on 8ch:
Don't set any standards for players, accept any fuckface with a internet connection and let them repeat memes and shitposting adnauseum without getting banned.
That will get you 30-40 guys out-autisming each other until the whole thing catches on fire and dies again, because that's the kind of people that has trouble keeping relationships longer than 15 minutes.

Pretty much spot on there lad, but it's never too late for a revival, the serber died atleast 3 times already and we built it up from 3 users to 20+ every time despite autists sabotaging the threads.

I think that's just defeatism tbh m80, why not advertise in a few space threads?

Space thread guys are chill, and they like space trucking games more than SS13.

Anyway, I'm still working on that colony shit. Maybe that will bring it back.
Getting kinda tired of SS13 to be honest. I just think I've seen everything the game had. Except for the new goon stuff, but fuck me I ain't playing with those retards.
Not even actual retards want to play with them.

Being a mod for ss13 killed my enjoyment of it tbh, but then that was because no matter what you did it was the wrong decision, but we needed mods at the time so I stepped up to the plate.
There's always more to see after all I started playing in 2010 and was blown away by the crazy shit that would happen,
I've played on and off if I'm honest due to moving or college but everytime I came back the community would have collapsed and we'd build it back up again.
Just need to get more blood in to be honest familam.

Hang on let me try something
BIG SLICE GET ON DA SERB I GOT SUM SEKSI UPDATES

Fucking hell lads I can't seem to get byond to function right.
This new version of byond is all screwy, whatever happened to it opening it's own browser rather than trying to use firefox?

I use waterfox tbh.
Just can't seem to get the Holla Forums server to work yet I can load the others up just fine like the colonial marines serber.

This one works though tbh.

Welp one of the people I brought was too casual we'll see about some others I can see if I can convince.

What's wrong with it?

Not much to be honest, there are some issues there and there but nothing major, I could go on about them but they're probably nothing that will make you want to change browsers

I just liked memeing about browsers tbh

What is the song?

New guy seemed to like it, says he'll be back tomorrow sounds good lads, that's a new recruit.

wish you were here, by pink floyd.

Correct lad.

The newbie will be back on monday

We're still using NewStation right? Literally 0 players on right now

Errybody gone now. Our station is newstation officially though.

Things I learned today:

It was okay

Nice.

YOU WANT GUARANTEED REPLIES?
I'LL SHOW YOU GUARANTEED REPLIES.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ito4CaFe0jk

I am retarded please rape my face.

Gonna be nice to finally get back to spessmen. Hope you faggots can muster up some more players, probably gonna get some of my more autistic friends to give it a try.

Is … this normal?

When the servers dead? Yes

If you're by yourself on the server, you can just use the vote command to restart the round.

I'm more surprised I came back after 16 hours and the station was still running, and I was where I was left

If no one is logged in it stops or slows the game process, you can check it by looking at the server time and then checking the station time on your PDA.

I detect a hilarious new meme as a clown

Also where's the git for this station? I want to look at all the chem recipes because as usual its like we're stuck between 2 or 3 different bases

github.com/bigslice/-tg-station

8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Guide_to_chemistry

Oy vey its anuddah shoah

FLAWLESS LOGIC
L
A
W
L
E
S
S

L
O
G
I
C

I don't even care if it was valid or not, you are a special kind of stupid

Sound like you're the special kind of stupid.

Do I need to give an email to use byond?

The round was restarted just so they could roll as a traitor and kill someone.

They could have done that in the previous round or dicked around, but instead they wanted to ruin everyone's fun.

A 15 minute round where someone kill there target and leaves is still better than a 5 hour round where nothing happens. If you think having a game where nothing happens is a good game then go play gone homo.

Just use 10minutemail.

You even picked a clown. Why am I not suprised.

Go back to /tg/ holy shit

Go play colonial marines, that seems more your speed :^).

Why would I? They cry murderbone too.

Pure combat servers are shit.

Just go not here.

I think I'll stay.

if you were going to go killing why would you need to start another round?

Because some plebs need tator uplink to murderbone because they're unrobust?

I wasn't planning on going killing, but the game rolled me as a traitor changeling so I did my job.

fucking idiot

fair enough then

what's the issue here?

BIGSLICE GET IN HERE NEED TO TALK
[email protected]/* */

I didn't even use my uplink to do my objectives.

The guy was who my target got mad when I killed him and started crying murderbone in the thread, as is standard.

nig if it's just 2 people it's low pop meaning don't be a dick.

The entire point of a traitor is to "be a dick".

You rerolled the round for literally no reason. If its a two person round, someone will end up having to kill the other person.

So you're left with one net player, which is worse than how it was. That's why I got mad, because you ended it for no goddamn reason and made it worse.

Most of the station didn't have working lights, not to mention there was a disease going around and most of the people who had joined before were dead due to the disease or would be if they had rejoined. The round ended around 15 minutes after I killed you, at which point a new round would be here if you had waited around.

Here's the irony. It was an event-generated Mental Retardation disease. I'm not even making this up. The cure was Alkyzine. I fixed myself up and gave you the cure as well. There was a braindead person in security and a braindead person in the science lunchroom. They were unaffected.

All the piles of bodies from
? Those were monkeys turned human that I was testing damage on.

Good. Job.

SUNDAY FUNDAY

Well that was weird. Will this round ever end?

FUCK is that how heat exchangers work? Nobody ever told me

Mystery solved. Good work.

Bump

bump

benis

THIS IS THE WORST GAME EVER
THE WORST COMMUNITY EVER
THE WORST ADMINS EVER
JUST FUCK OFF YOU SS13 SHILLER
JUST FUCK OFF FOREVER

I hope you enjoyed my poem.

It's an ok haiku.

If it were a haiku it'd be an awful one. Haikus are 5-7-5.

Go back to poetry school user. it's a proper Haiku.

Go be retarded elsewhere please.

REMINDER THAT OUR >DESIGNATED PLAY TIME IN IN 20(?) MINUTES

Fucking log on you nerds.

It's dead, Jim

Whats the point? It's not like there is anybody on often enough to start playing now. Face it, people are sick of the game. Sick of shitty moderators, sick of people who care about muh rp more than having a good round, and sick of shitty meme coding instead of genuinely worthwhile additions to the game. At this point I'd rather play on hippiestation, the chance for a good round there is better than it was for most Holla Forums servers.

Saging because I don't know what the bump limit is and this thread deserves it's eternal slumber.

I played for a total of 8 hours between yesterday and today, even though it had 2 or 3 people max. Stop eating shit.

Wow.

So I guess MOST people are sick of this game.

tbh Holla Forums as a whole is dead, not really ss13. Most likely everyone's off playing on various stations. I know peyton plays on /tg/ for instance. It's definitely a fact that gitgud et al. killed the Holla Forums ss13 servers but it's also a fact that it's impossible to maintain or refill our playerbase when Holla Forums itself is composed of all of 10 people nowadays. inb4 m-muh fake inflated numbers from board statistics.

This of course, as you said, devolves into a catch-22: nobody to play with therefore nobody plays.

SS13 is on life support. Hippie averages 40 players on prime time and its absolutely full of griefers. /tg/ averages 50 and is slightly better but it still has loads of powergamers and the mods are all giant faggots too busy sucking each other off to monitor the server.

Every single other server is not even worth mentioning.

This game has so much potential and several codebases are still being developed, but holy shit is the community bad. It needs some chemo for the current playerbase and a fresh new wave of people to learn and have fun with.

tg gets 50 per server, hippie gets only 40, vg gets 80 when the panic bunker isn't up.
OK kid.
I bet you think vore, bay and paradise are empty too.

How do you ban evade. I've been permad from /tg/ for like 2 years after beating a shitty HoS down.

get a new IP (vpn, or go turn off your router for 4~ hours)

get a new byond ckey

get a new byond CID (switch computers or go find a DL to the DLL file that does this for you)

then the most important step of all:

DONT ACT THE SAME WAY YOU DID TO GET BANNED IN THE FIRST PLACE

Can't you just hex edit?

you can try, but im pretty sure you can't without breaking shit