ITT: Shitty artwork

Seriously. How the fuck did the artist fuck this up? He's literally copied Romita's panel and yet not only has he given MJ a down's face, he's totally fucked up her proportions

And let's not get into the writing…

Other urls found in this thread:

vidlii.com/watch?v=vBXmUrjcGFy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, lets fucking go. How do we turn strong, independent love interest Mary Jane into a REAL strong womyn to show those misogynist nerds a real woman? Why, make her too much of a weak-willed bitch to tolerate the crazy bullshit in Peter's life. Nothing says "Strong woman" by having her literally refuse to confront problems.

We have already gotten into the writing, OP. We live now in its realm. Not our own.

Monsters live in this writing. Soul-destroying creatures. Hate-driven death engines.

It is coated in slime and waste. Thickly. It is a feast of rancid scum for all the senses.

There is no light. Yet, somehow, maddening horrors are still visible to all who are unfortunate enough to bear them witness. And they cannot be un-witnessed.

The place of which this writing is borne, should not exist. But the terrible truth is that it always has, and it always will.

You understand it's made on purpose right? One is when she came to peters life and she is happy, the other is when she left peter life and she is sad

Pretty sure OP means "downs" as in, "has downs syndrome. I don't really have any issue with the art, it's certainly not great but it's servicable and not blatantly shit

Meh, OP is probably a faggot anyway since the main problem there is the boob reduction

I meant down's syndrome you fucktard

Here's another page from the same issue. Notice the clear photo-referencing, a trademark of hacks like Greg Land

The main problem is how he's fucked up her proportions and the perspective. MJ is all torso (she's built like a boy for fuck's sake). The tits, even if they were smaller, would be in the same place. Notice also MJ's oddly mangled hand

The worst part is, he's fucking copying. Literally all he had to do was trace Romita Sr's panel and he still fucked that up.

I'm not saying this is GOOD art, I'm saying it's "not SHIT." In fact, as far as photo-referencing goes this is some of the better shit I've seen. Usually they put way too much effort in shading and skin tones and gives it an uncanny valley effect. If I sound like I'm being incredibly positive, it's because my baseline for thinking this style is bad comes down to whether or not it actually makes me physically ill looking at it.

We'll agree to disagree. In my opinion the artist clearly doesn't understand some of the fundamentals of art and that to me is what makes his artwork so hugely shit

Till now you are just screeching about "it's shit becasue i says so"
Sounds to me you are just a shitposter without actually any idea how drawing works and just want to stir complain about nothing
That have always been MJ style. She was always easy going rather then styling like Gwen
No it's not
Almost as weird as upside down knob handling but look is the same pose she had previously!
10/10 OP is a cuckchan faggot

Hey reddit.

All this guy's mouths look like they're painted on.

It this a QUALITY thread?

That is unintentionally funny. Could make for a good screencap.

Any relation to Steve Wozniak?

My post will be double digits

Realism was a mistake.

I dunno user, it's a pic I found somewhere. All of these pics I'm dumping are very ancient, tbh, picked from other places, some made by me. It's been years since I last read a Marvel or DC title, tbh.

that's what Wayne gets for hiring illegals

Mikel Janin.
The guy just uses 3d models. The characters are stiff and boring, the backgrounds are barebones and almost certainly use stock models.

It just looks terrible.

I know one of you has the fixed version of this, please post it.

Issues 46 and 60 of Power Pack have really bad art. 46 at least had a nice story that deserved competent art, but 60 is just shit.

I wouldn't have guessed 3D models, but I did instantly pick up how copy-pasted Bruce's face.

Speed > Quality. The Big Two would replace all of their artists with 3D modelers if they thought they could get away with it.

Judging that Batman is DC's top selling book, they might already have.

This artist is just lazy. It's faster if you draw it now that can take under 1 min if you are very experienced and know reference sheets then open some 3d model pose around for over 10 minutes.

Yeah, no, Rob Liefeld's anatomy still sucks. That's not a good comparison to prove otherwise. Arnold doesn't look as ridiculous as captain

checked and heil'd

Arnold also isn't on steroids as hard as the ones Cap took. It makes sense that Cap could realistically look like Liefield drew him.

While an experienced artist would be faster for an individual drawing, tracing over a 3D model would be a hell of a lot faster for comic making.

Most cartoonists on average only pencil one page per day. Janin can probably do two or more with his bullshit, which is all that matters for the big two.

Agreed

GIVE ME MY TRENDIES BACK!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

vidlii.com/watch?v=vBXmUrjcGFy

Get the fuck out

Arnold has his body tilted towards the camera. Cap doesn't. Also >using fucking reaction pics so old even fucking plebit doesn't use them anymore

Now that you mention it, his neck should be further to the right. I was talking about the musculature, though.

The star on his chest indicates otherwise, but the placement of his head agrees with you.
I found the whole picture a long time ago somewhere I don't remember.

His musculature is wrong too. There is nothing right about Liefeld's drawing

Even if he uses 3D models and traces over them to speed how workflow that's no excuse on how sterile everything looks, especially if he's aiming for realistic, there's no interesting colors, he doesn't draw stress lines on skin to show smiles or any emotions.
You should check the Black Monday Murders thread for realistic, and probably 3D, done right.

Again, expressive artwork isn't the priority of the Big Two. Meeting deadlines is.

I can't believe you need to be informed of this after four years of Marvel's garbage artwork.

It's still faster then 3d posing and tracing over. Never underestimate the drawing speed of a god artist, never.

Can't even make Mary Jane look attractive like on the right. Makes her look like a strung out, trans junkie instead. What shit.

Mephistopheles didn't need to kill their marriage, Mary Jane was already made of bitch and Peter needs to get over his childhood crush because she's a complete cunt.

Attached: THOT!.jpg (900x1366 265.88 KB, 265.88K)

Sorry one of the pics got cloned. Her shit eating grin still shows she deserved to die after CivWar 2.

Attached: Invincible_Iron_Man_Vol_2_4_Textless.jpg (900x1366, 149.97K)

She has a glass eye, to be fair.

The drama of Peter Parker character, trying to balance his both personas always put me off as a kid, it was always framed in this melancholy way it made me sad. Now I see how much I sympathize with him, shit like this breaks my hearth, it needlessly cruel just to put MJ on the spotlight as a more fleshed out character.

I didn't know about any of this and I was happy being ignorant. Curse you for ruining my night, user.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1291x304, 232.41K)

That looks suspiciously like Cher.

Let's just keep shitting on Peter Parker forever and ever, said every Marvel kike.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2015-10-25-at-9.48.31-PM.png (1192x590, 1.35M)

His ribcage looks like it's protruding outward too much

Attached: angry eggman.png (750x500, 97.68K)

thought that face looked familiar

Attached: gallery-1481113538-daisy-ridley-rey-star-wars-force-awakens-grin.jpg (549x551 89.87 KB, 73.35K)

I know, right. Not pedophiliac enough

Did the 1st pic come before TFA or after?

That's Paul Gulacy art. Probably mid 00s at latest, so before TFA.

Gulacy is alright.

Yes

What a worthless whore

yeah, sounds about right

Peter has been dead for a while. The only Spidey comics worth reading are more than a decade old. DC is also starting to go into full cuck mode.

Attached: Cat Pain 2.jpg (540x540, 20.34K)

MJ was always & irresponsible cunt that cared mainly about herself. Sure she did mellow down a bit from her worst that played a part in fucking Harry Osborn up, but even after she got "better" she retained her negative traits. Even in her wedding issue with Spidey she came late to heir own wedding from the care of her boytoy Bruce who she spent the night previous night with. And her marriage years may make her seem decent thanks to the nostalgia goggles when compared to how utterly shit modern day comics are, but lets not pretend those times were much better. Every other month there was some forced relationship drama culminating to JRJR living separately.

Granted most of that shit is because horrible writing, but that's not unique for MJ either. If writers didn't have the obsession to ruin Peter's love life by maligning his girlfriend(s), Peter would be still happily together with either Gwen or Felicia long before MJ.

tl;dr: MJ was always shit, selfish & dependent bitch, put down your waifu glasses

*JRJR era where Peter & MJ were living separately. Also since Batman is already responsible for preventing Spiderman joining Justice League, that entire wedding issue becomes significantly better if you imagine that the chad called Bruce cucking Peter is actually Bruce Wayne in his playboy persona. Batman needs to finance his hi-tech & accepting contract from Marvel to make Peter Parker's normal & superhero life worse is never-ending income source.

Attached: images.png (246x205, 9.4K)

You show 'im, Spidey!

Batcock→Spider stinger confirmed.

current year marvel artists confirm for not even knowing basic human antomy

7 months HRT :^)

Attached: hajime-no-ippo-1710197.jpg (724x1150, 75.32K)

If the draw threads were still active, Id request a similar image but with Spider-man with his mask off.

Bonus points for having laughing Batman in the background and disappointed uncle Ben facepalming above the clouds.

Probably separately

Give him the ole one two buckle your shoe!

I've been reading through some 90s spiderman the "Shrieking" story. Holy cow Mary Jane is like a real person.

Oh and and the fucking ART! It's like comics were FLUID and there was MOVEMENT. Marvel has gotten so crap.

The moment Peter fucking goes off knowing Aunt May was hospitalized is conveyed so well in the art. There's FORCE. In a comic!

We scoff at the era where chrome bods. But I was genuinely amazed at just how good 90s marvel stuff is compared to how crap it is now. I miss good art.

I am very new to collecting older comics
Please be patient.

Attached: ctNtuR9.jpg (2448x2448, 684.47K)

But was she a cunt before pozzed Marvel?

Oh wait
she was

IT WRITES ITSELF FOLKS

What was that Parallel Lives GN like?
It was supposed to fill in her life before meeting Peter, and give their eventual relationship a lot more background.

Only Spiderwaifu that the writers didn't manage to ruin & sluttify was Chat. In retrospect I'm glad that Marvel adventures was canceled before the inevitable editorial rape train managed to wreck the one continuity where Peter Parker is in happy relationship.

And the one with the Spider-mecha.

Hide your kids, grab your wife, better get outta sight Bendis is coming, Bitch

soon DC's gonna get it's turn for some sweet diversity

Attached: god no pls.jpg (937x720, 97.13K)

Fuck this I'm gonna go read manga.

Attached: Superman has a smoke.jpg (259x274, 57.91K)

In coming issues Superman will die and end up replaced by either black Kangztonian who will make both Louis and Diana begging for dick or Riri Mk.II that will constantly humiliate Jimmy & tell Batman to check his privilege.

I cannot wait.

It's rumored he's gonna do to Superman and Lois relationship. That and he might remove Superboy from continuity and piss on Super Sons while he's at it.

Attached: Bendis.jpg (456x640 498.46 KB, 79.5K)

The red trunks weren't worth this.

Don't be ridiculous, that would ruin Bendis' chance to make Superman feel guilty about being white and invite niggers to fuck Lois to make up for 300 years of slavery.

If only MRSA had killed him

It might be worth it if Bendis brings back the Plastimold.

Attached: Lois_Lane_106.jpg (400x591, 63.06K)

Oh, I'm sorry. Did you think DC had "integrity" or something?

Loser.

Attached: 250px-Dooomsday_clock_01variant.jpg (250x383, 33.38K)

Why can't shit like this happen?

Attached: Jimmygrin.png (257x330, 164.74K)