ITT: Games with good sound design

ITT: Games with good sound design

Other urls found in this thread:

royalsignals.org.uk/articles/alpha.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

say what you want about "muh semi cutscenes" but HL2 absolutely nailed its sound design (as well as visual design)

I love insurgency, but there are sound mods that make the gun shots sound 200 times better.

SOMA's was great

If the videos are anything like the actual gameplay it's worth posting.

Too bad they didn't made a full game out of this, it gets pretty boring after 10 minutes, it's a shame, it feelsmore like a tech demo than a game.

The game is essentially a test to see how the engine deals. The dev is the same person who made the engine for Dustforce and while the rest of the team are busy making Spire he went off to produce the engine for game #3 which will be using this engine. Spire is game #2 btw.

Basically the game is nothing but a cash grab to keep the devs afloat to finish the game because he had to go back to the dev team to help out with spire. Which is fine since I would probably do the same thing but it's not entirely ethical.

As disappointing as Fear 3 was, I recall this part where you survive an explosion or something, and you have your hearing impaired for a while. That was pretty damn interesting.

Game was absolutely terrible but God damn the sounds were orgasmic, easily the best sounding star wars game.

Ghost Recon.

The most noteworthy thing about this game is the sound design, in spite of everything else also being just as good.

The game sounds amazing.

It should have been a full game rather than an over glorified prototype.

Yeah man that sound pretty go-
wtf is wrong with bravo?

Same counts for Thief 1 and 2. EAC enabled makes it even better.

It's a tech demo for the engine.

The NATO phonetic alphabet didn't exist back then. It's actually accurate. royalsignals.org.uk/articles/alpha.htm

Serious or only pretending?

Pic related probably has the best sound of any game so far. Here's hoping for full proper 3D sound simulation in games soon.

Just watch it be Gameworks-tier shit. Hopefully, and I say this with no confidence, but hopefully it'll inspire competition.

Among the best I've ever heard.

This shit was pretty mind blowing when it first came out.

Mass Effect 3 had a great sound design, biotic explosions felt real good.
I also liked the sound design in Halo 4, very different from the previous Halo games, perhaps more "realistic".

Why does every DICE game use the same generic clean white UI? It doesn't work at all with the setting.

best one of the series, great game

pretty much, cuck

This fucking game.

That's actually historically accurate.

I run pretty much all my games on LOW , so I've never noticed how rusty the Thompson was.

These games use 3D sound(some of the few that i know of), and boy, are they scary.
You HAVE to play them with headphones on tho.

EAX, and this is entirely correct otherwise, my fat fingered nigga.

Also, I'd throw in Chibi-Robo! almost every sound has a bit of character, the sound design makes what would feel like a chore to get through feel like an adventure. While I'm naming names, Startopia for how it handles crowd sounds, the soundtrack and just about every little sound for clicking on a particular button or alien adds a whole other level of life to what would otherwise be another management game.

this

EXECUTED WITH IMPUNITY!