Were these comics any good? There are several runs so I’m wondering which I should read and which I should avoid

Were these comics any good? There are several runs so I’m wondering which I should read and which I should avoid.

yes

The first couple of volumes are pretty great. The later ones get increasingly degenerate but still have some interesting or entertaining parts, especially the one that has the League going up against Aleister Crowley and his Moonchild (under different names).

So when’s the cutoff point would you say?

It's not that simple. The one where they fight not-Crowley is also the volume that features the sex-changing character, Orlando, in a polyamorous relationship with Mina and Quatermain.

Well, I suppose as long as the story is good and doesn’t degrade to nothing but gender identity and politics it’ll be alright.

I hate to play devil's advocate but you live in a sad pitiful world user. Stop being a pussy read that shit and come to a conclusion yourself whether the ideas presented were implemented well or not, just because the casserole has onions doesn't mean you should throw it at a wall and sperg out.

There’s a big difference between including that shit in a story and revolving your stories around it like marvel does

And there's a difference between making people spoon feed you and eating the slop like a man.

Not really, on one hand you can waste your time reading something and finding out it degrades to complete garbage (like the recent Carnage series) or somebody can quickly inform you if a good story degrades to the point where you'd wish you never wasted time on it. Stop being a fag.

Stop being a lazy faggot and actually do some reading.

Stop trying to bait people into wasting their time checking out hot garbage. If you don't want people to give their reviews & recommendations over comics, then perhaps you should go to a different board.

some people don't like to drink sour milk to find out if it's good.

You sure aren't going to get anyone else to do the work for you.

I honestly preferred the movie. Just read original books and story papers about these charactera

Wait you mean the Carnage series went to shit? I've only read some of the beginning but it looked awesome. That sucks since it seemed like one of the few comics Marvel had that was good alongside Daredevil and Gwenpool.

If you absolutely must, read to the final two comics then make up your own ending. It’s like Marvel caught wind they actually had a decent series that wasn’t about a woman of color or sexuality so decided to fuck everything up. I’m just going to spoil it for you. You want Eddie Brock and John Jonah to be the main characters and stop the evil lovecraftian horror… like the whole series led you up to believe, but nope, the black lady becomes a giant blue angel and defeats the evil racist lovecraft symbiote then it ends almost exactly like Korra did.

I enjoyed the movie. It got a lot of shit, not least from old/co/, but it was a pretty entertaining take of the same basic idea as the comic. Its versions of Mina and Quatermain were a lot more likable than the comic versions, too.

I liked the first two volumes. Black Dossier kind of sucked. Shit on James Bond because Moore hates the character and threw a bunch of cool shit behind prose stories. I do not mind reading but I actually wanted to see the French and German Leagues. Never read past that.

Don't you mean a Cambodian finger painting message board?

Movies from that time period in general were fun. It was before directors tried to push an agenda into everything and just wanted to make some silly/cool movies. They weren’t perfect, but there was definitely heart there.

Never knew they had that. Sounds interesting.