I was thinking of getting one of these if I found it cheap

I was thinking of getting one of these if I found it cheap.

What do I need to know to find a model that will can be softmodded (if that's at all possible) and won't cook its own guts?

Other urls found in this thread:

se7ensins.com/forums/forums/xbox-360-modding-tutorials.43/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ALWAYS buy the Slim model. Original slim too, not the second model slim.

hahaha

no

Cant do that m7, gonna have to be modchipped, only PS3s can be softmodded.

as user said, Slim models are better for modding.

What a shame.

How do I know which one is an original Slim?

DO NOT BUY THAT SHIT. GET A SLIM INSTEAD.
And remember to RGH your console to get free shit.

A few things, the size itself obviously as well as date of production.

Se7ensins has a lot of guides and info regarding 360 modding, best to give them a look.

se7ensins.com/forums/forums/xbox-360-modding-tutorials.43/

Or if possible, get a modded PS3, you can softmod them if they are older models that havent been updated past 3.55

I've been eyeing some Slim (2010) listings on eBay for the past few weeks. Finally decided to break down and get one for the best version of Bayonetta, a title in my top 10.

If you want one in good condition with at least one controller and the power cord, it will run you a cool $100. Not too shabby if you really like the exclusives.

I've heard that the RDR dlc is unsigned and can be loaded via a usb stick onto the 360. Is this true? If so, does anyone have a download for it?

With all the praise RDR gets here, I thought it would be better. I would regret buying it, but it only cost me 7 ameribucks. Does it get better later?

To be honest i don't think it's worth to have a 360 anymore, i would recommend you to get a PS3 slim 160GB instead because it's cheaper to mod and it has a bigger game library.

White X360 can be soft-modded but they are pretty much RROD ticking bombs.

There is literally only one reliable model for soft-modding, the Xbox Elite 120GB(2009).

I have a soft-modded 2009 Elite and it can even play pirated games online without problems, pic related.

The biggest lie ever told, on a modded 36p you can have.

No, you are just ignorant or a fanboy.

The PS3 can run the PSX, PS2 and PSP libraries with excellent accuracy, just with that it has x3 more games than Xbox.

More like 60% and it still has several bugs and glitches that Microsoft refuses to patch because they just don't give a fuck.

Microsoft retro-compatibility has always been trash compared to Sony or Nintendo, if you want to play OG Xbox games it's better to just get a 2nd hand OG Xbox for like $70.

Sub-par emulation compared to other consoles due constant Microsoft "fixes" aimed to kill the 360 mod scene, if you want a good emulation console get a PSP, Wii or a OG Xbox.

That said on this day and age if you really care about emulation the only good option is Skylake NSA-bot PC, Nvidia Good Goy Shield or those ching chong android handhelds.

Every single modded console can do this.

Mostly shovelware just like PSN.

Let me add more shit for PS3

If anyone is a fanboy here that would be you, this would be the first time i see anyone defending the No games 3.

A fanboy would never buy a "rival" brand let alone advocate for piracy you imbecile.

Then it's time for you to stop frequenting echo chambers that unironically believe in 9 year old stale memes.

I already have a PS3.

If that's the case i guess it won't be so bad to invest in a X360 for some new vidya.

If you want to play pirated games online you can get an old X360 white and soft-mod LT 2.0 on it, this will allow you to run pre-patched games(not ISO's) however be warned that old white X360 have higher hardware failure rates all around so my advice would be to try to get an Xbox Elite, it may be a little more expensive but honestly is worth to not have to be dealing with RROD, DVD drive burns and general heating issues all the time.

If you don't give a single fuck about online then just get a "new X360" and put RGH on it, the RGH won't let you use Xbox Live at all but it can read game ISO's directly from the HDD.

Stay away from the original model at all costs. Even worse than the fat PS2 in terms of failure rate.

Get the slim from 2010, the one from 2013 is meh.

As far as I know there is no way to softmod a 360. Hardmod/chip is the only way to do it. Most of the decent exclusives on the 360 are dirt-cheap for now anyway.

The fat ps2 had a bad failure rate?
I've had mines since 2002.

The disc drive (specifically the laser) is prone to failure. Once that thing stops reading CD or DVD format discs the fucker is never the same, and it only gets worse over time. You can usually keep it lasting longer by not playing DVD movies in it but it will still inevitably stop reading discs

RDR was okay, last part of the game felt uncanny and I hate the ending and spoiler his son is an annoying faggot holy shit

Fortunately, hdd loading is a good alternative

Yeah. Been lookong into getting a cheap fat PS2 to put a hard drive into and then giving my friend the slim PS2.

There's even sata modded ps2 network adapters if you are interested in using a more modern hdd standard. Just make sure you use opl for the best compatibility.

fuck a soft mod, look for someone near by who can jtag/rgh your xbox, you will only be able to playe a few games online over "lan" but you havea fully unlocked xbox,emulators,custom themes,read straight from the hdd,ftp,etc

Its literally amazing

You should only really get one if you like shmups and want to play Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Halo and Gears of War. The 360 version of Deadly Premonition is decent too.

Or you could just pirate shit on the PC? Are there more then 2-3 decent games on the 360 that didn't get a PC release?

I imagine its more like 50 great games.

There are over 130 exclusives on the 360.

130 exclusives may not be 130 great games. I think when you want an optimal platform experience, you want games that are best on that platform and great exclusives and exclusive content or improved experiences.

Considering how the 360 petered off in its last few years, and how good the classic xbox was, there are probably at least 50 great games on the 360. More on the original xbox tho.