Game Recommendation thread

Game Recommendation thread

It's summer.

It's hot.

You want to play some FUCKIN' video games

.. But ultimately, cannot decide what the hell you want to play.

Starting with a classic.

I dont have to explain this one, do i?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/v/res/9749918.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Any fun base building games?

Steam Sale is coming up how are these (I won't acquire all through Steam).

WE

WUZ
Seriously is it a good add-on.

EMPIREZ AND SHIET

TRIPS AND SHIET

Looking for Space Marines and I'm not only talking about 40k

It was okay, I think I read from a thread a long time ago that the civilizations from the add-on are a bit overpowered in multiplayer

Graviteam is like super-Men of War, right? How is it? I've never played either, I'm afraid.

I think it's a tank sim the trailer doesn't show jack shit.

Why didn't you search the Catalog, dipshit?
Why OP keeps being a fag?
8ch.net/v/res/9749918.html

If any of you niggers havn't played AP yet you should seriously consider killing yourself. Other two are decent games - more or less - and are good if yer' feeling bored but AP is the cream of the crop.

AOE3 is rather shit if you are familiar with the previous games, mediocre if it's your first entry to the series. Escapists is overrated garbage honestly. As for Men of War, just get the original Assault Squad. Factorio is autism incarnate. If you are familiar with Aurora, it's basically that levels of autism.

my nigga it is a good game but the gameplay itself is lacking
the role playing how ever is good

Gameplay was never Obsidians strong point so I dunno what people were expecting honestly. That said, I'm a faggot that cheesed the game with Pistols and Stealth so I didn't feel it was as bad as most people say it was.

Wargame is shitty for SP, tolerable for MP but a little heavy on the microing for my tastes.

AoE:III is fun with friends either against the AI or in a versus game. Make sure to look up how to edit the game's files so you don't have to unlock cards the slow way.

ASSSQUAD 2 is the only MoW with active MP servers. If you want to play coop or sp then grab original MoW instead (tungle for coop).

Extreme autism game.

Its engine was originally used for a tank simulator which lets you get shit like this post-battle.

Super-MoW isn't a terrible way to think of it. I haven't played the new one but I hear they made it less idiotically hard to understand so that's good.

If you had money for one would it be RD or AS2. I'm lenient with my tastes so don't give me that depends on your taste shit.

Well I'll assume SP isn't a factor? If it is ASSSQUAD has the better content and also for coop.

In terms of MP RD is heavier on the micro than AS2. It also involves a lot of memorisation of units and your deck will have to conform to a fairly stale meta to be even mildly competitive. The The running joke that deck-building is the most entertaining part of the game isn't that far off the mark.

AS2 is inferior to AS1 for a few reasons but AS1's servers are dead.

You'll almost certainly enjoy AS2 more than RD and it's much more forgiving for new players. If you wish to play with friends AS2 is again superior.

tl;dr I'd buy AS2 over RD for MP. RD has an autistic level of detail with no regard for how fun it actually is to play. More of a simulator than a game.

That's pretty damn neat. I've only paid occasional attention when I've seen it brought up, but now I'm interested. What timelines are available? I remember something about a Korean War mod, I think? Is there an equivalent for 1946/47/48 warfare? I've got a hardon for just-above-paper panzers and althistory.

Speaking of Alt-History stuff, I need more games like Order of Battle or Panzer Generals with either weird shit going on or the ability to play as smaller nations instead of just the Big 4. Anybody got any gems?

For the first game (Operation Star) Afghanistan is definitely an option as are China v USSR and Angola. When looking at the DLC keep in mind the price is high because each is essentially a full expansion.

As for mods I can't personally say.

HoI2 or HoI3 but they are GSG rather than minor conflicts.

Oh and Silent Storm but that's TBT.

Blitzkrieg has some obscure games based on the engine letting you play shit like the winter war or cold war gone hot.

The only reason I actually stopped playing it was because everybody outside of /gsg/ is a major fucking autist that wants every game to proceed as historically as possible, which is why I enjoy Vicky and EU more despite the fact HOI is the better game.

TBT is much more preferable honestly. I love Blitzkrieg but fuck me I'm shit at it.

Pic related is probably my all time favorite jrpg. Fun combat, great music, fun characters, has a really cool building mechanic where the way you build a town in the past effects the town in the far off future. if you have a lot of time to sink into a game you should give this a try.

Also looking for a new jrpg to play if anyone has any recommendations.

If you like alternate history then you will love Battlefield 1, since it takes place in an alternate universe where niggers and women won the war.

I know what you mean. My ideal is something roughly historical but with the scope for radical change. Sadly the shitty AI makes this impractical as they game more or less has to work by event chains which obviously favours the historical path.

Only issue with Silent Storm is a certain bullshit type of unit that shows up near the end. Some mods tweak them or outright remove them but it's an annoyance.

It's a shame the second game wasn't as good. Certainly it wasn't terrible and arguably the missions were more varied but the move to 3D didn't seem to help it.

user, I said althistory, not oygevalthistory.

Oh and TripleA is free and the mods will let you play most conflicts you could ever want. Also has a live MP community.

It's based on Axis and Allies which is broadly like Risk if Risk wasn't shit. That still doesn't do it justice though.

Have you played Shadow Hearts: Covenant and From the New World? I really wish the series had kept going.

I started playing this and it has been fun, but I'm kinda stuck on how to become more powerful. I've been fighting bandits for awhile with about ~20 dudes and if I hire more dudes then I become too slow to chase anyone down, and if I upgrade my dudes more I won't make enough money to pay their weekly salary.

I want to own a castle or something but I definitely can't take on an actual army, and I tried to get into the whole diplomacy thing but noone wants to marry me to their daughters.

No, but I've heard the name and heard it was a mix of horror and jrpg? Might be wrong about that though. I'll check it out user, thanks.

Get a business in every town. Talk to the guild master about starting an enterprise. They won't give you money if you're at war with the faction that owns them but you're unlikely to be at war with more than two at once.

If you're smart you can mix it up based on what trade the town in question gets but I wouldn't bother.

Also win tournaments and sell loot.

Upgrade your pathfinding and/or get companions with relevant skills. Some companions will argue with each other which can be annoying, TweakMB will let you turn that off easily (you should grab both it and BattleSizer even if you're confident editing text files as they simply shit massively).

Units garrisoning a castle cost less in upkeep so it isn't as hard to own one as it looks. You also get weekly rent though towns and villages are better for that. If you want to join a faction and get married join up first as a mercenary then do shit for a bit and you'll eventually get in as a lord. Winning tournaments also helps make a name for yourself.

You'll also want to increase your own leadership to reduce wages and increase max party size etc. I'd even call that the most important thing to level.

Oh and brewerys are probably the most reliable income for hands-off money. Just don't build the same industry in every town.

Set up an ironworks in Curaw certainly.

Avoid Bakery/Mills.

I wouldn't really call it a horror series. They're straightforward RPGs with well-designed characters and events that take place in Europe/Asia during World War 1 (Covenant), and the US in the 1920s (From the New World). Both games are still two of my favorites from the PS2 era, which is saying a lot.

I can also recommend all of the Shin Megami Tensei games that were released for the PS2. Persona 3 and 4 get all of the attention, but the Devil Summoner and Digital Devil Saga games were a lot more fun, personally. Nocturne is good, but it can be frustratingly difficult.

Ok thanks, I'll go try that stuff out!

Resonance of Fate is alright if you have a PS3. I enjoyed the combat system. Lost Dimension is also on PS3 and Vita. Otherwise, Valkyrie Profile 1 and 2 are fun if you've yet to play those. 2 is emulatable with a modified plug-in for the renderer that you can search for on the internet.

If you keep speaking with lords and asking for a job, they sometimes hire you as a mercenary. This is great for assembling a proper army, as the kingdom covers your armies upkeep for you.

Unreal Tournament 4 isn't finished but it's super fun. It plays like an el classico arena shooter (not that nudoom shit), it looks good, is well optimized, and I really like the gun sounds.

Though my main complaint is that most people who play it that I've run across are pretty bad at it. I am not great at shooters and have a mediocre reaction time, but in this game I mop the floor every match. Perhaps the community is all old dudes who used to play UT a lot when they were young but didn't keep up with it and have slower reactions now.

UT3 was my first arena shooter and even then it was well after release, I also only played with bots.

Other than that it has just been Quake Live until it got cucked.

they also have a really nice tutorial system and despite having played way too much UT3 I realized that I knew very little about the important uses of a lot of these guns.

I tried playing this but my toaster couldn't run it well and at launch it had a joke of an options menu.

A request more than a recommendation, but does anyone know that old dungeon crawler where you play as an alien and have to put together symbols on the lower screen to talk to other aliens?

Any good tips for M&B Warband? I tried it once during one of my gaming blues phases, so it didn't leave much of an impression on me. I wasn't too fond of the combat being mouse oriented, but I might have changed it.

Combat is arcadey and actiony. It's a more complex swashbuckling sim than, say, Oblivion. But it's pretty unsatisfying if you were expecting an RPG.

My tip is to get comfy. Download one of the mods that expands the map size, listen to medieval music and take it slowly. I see it as more pretend time than a game to play, though it can get challenging towards end game if you want to start your own kingdom.

t. Alberto Barbosa

Early game can get pretty dull, admittedly. You can try being a trade caravan of your own, buy goods from one city and then sell them elsewhere for profit, build up enough cash to start a profitable ironworks enterprise in one of the cities. Alternatively, go into the tournament circuit, bet on yourself and increase your fame.

Putting points in path-finding and riding will help you travel the world map faster to avoid bandits who want to fuck your shit.

If you can help it, avoid going toward the area around Rivacheg up north. High population of sea raiders up there, although they do have some good starting gear you can take from them if you're lucky and find a small band of them running around.

Been playing ace combat 3ds+ and its my first AC game and I'm loving it. Any anons with a hacked 3ds should check it out. I imagine AC on the console is fantastic.

the story has so many twists and all the characters are likable

Less "tank sim" more "laying on the ground sim"
It's the only RTS that I can name that has intentionally unresponsive units as a feature. I did get a vehicle during a campaign, but then the dumbass went and did this.

what exactly about this game is good?

There is a game literally titled "Warhammer 40.000 Space Marine".
Go figure what it's about.

Factorio is crack. Especially with mods.
BUY it, it has a demo.

For those of you wanting that Twisted Metal itch scratched.

You got that right.

1 was a better dungeon crawler.