So what is this game actually about?

so what is this game actually about?
Was the trailer Symbolic or actual?
All we know is he is the same guy as the guy in the space suit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cetacean_stranding
poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/43650
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FtrIQ5TqRKY#t=16.
rg.to/file/f56997a1cbe09115d58d0bf2e64ce53f/01_David_Bowie_-_Blackstarvocalsbw.flac.html
reddit.com/r/NeverBeGameOver/comments/4nz65b/death_stranding_a_hideo_kojima_game/
archive.is/7kdGc
please
archive.is/zxgng
archive.is/hXQEZ
twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/743473257064472577?p=v
dslender.com/read/kobo.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Goddamn, Norman Reedus is not an attractive man.

Are you gay or something?.

What's wrong with him?
He looks like a handsome lad, no homo.

The trailer is proof that Daryl dies

I don't care since the comic went to trash years ago.

He looks like he just walked out of a trailer park.

Isn't his character in The Walking Dead a hick?
Haven't seen it, but it makes sense he'd keep the messy trailer park look.

Dude looks like such a hick. Even has the name for it.

AYY REEDUS, LEGGO THROW FIREWORKS AT THE NEIGHBORS DOG

Also something involving oil spills? I think that's what killed all those sea animals on the trailer

Mad Max 2 in space?

He overcomes his redneck heritage in an episode where him and a little girl get shitfaced and burn down a double-wide trailer.

Also, Norman Reedus used to be a male model.

What?
That's something rednecks do all the time

He is/was a hick but hicks are fun in small amounts.

it's a diving game. Explore the ocean.

I haven't watched that series in quite a while but as I recall he was reminiscing about how shitty his father was through the whole episode, and him setting the fire was meant to be symbolic of him shedding his past and vowing to be a more empathic person.

Yeah. Only without gangs, but multiple private military and mercenary groups.

Or maybe it's just one Vs the native aliens/people of the country.

Fuck it, we don't even know what _planet_ this is set on, let alone if it's Earth, alt history earth, future earth!

KOJIMAAA!!

I have heard nothing but the exact opposite from every woman I know.

He looks more like a chink. Probably why Kojima chose him.

It's probably because he's a celebrity. I know he's a good actor and all, I won't try to dispute that, but good actors can be unattractive and good looking actors can be bad at acting. Fuck, magazines tried to say that the kid who played Jesse on Breaking Bad was hot, and we all know that's just not the truth.

He was born to be a hillbilly

Its so obvious that this is sci-fi game, that if people don't realize it already, they are retarded.

ITS NOT SILENT HILLS.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cetacean_stranding

The game is about death, midway twist is that your character is some sort of explorer of the great beyond ,part of an experimental displacement system meant to send humans in another dimension/through the fucking warp basically, you(the MC) started having doubt about the mission and the feasibility, you get then incarcerated in the ship(it's not really a ship), the process works, in a sense, you and the whole crew are dead, but not correctly dead, you alive have been transposed in the afterlife, the link that ties you to the little baby is in fact your reincarnation, Main Science officer goes crazy and start cutting up everyone's link to the next world, refusing to go on, the game is all about dealing with the horror of the afterlife and the insane, inhumane, outright eldritch things that happens here, all the horrors and psychosis people bring with them in death, until finally you can, for you and/or the rest of the crew link again with your next incarnation, abandon your previous existence and your grudges and start again as a newborn.

General themes tied to the game is the gigantic ammount of interpersonal suffering we routinely inflict on each other through pure carelessness, learning to let go of other dead things, like familly members some crew members will "found".

Trust me the cumulated length of dicks I sucked to get hired in the new Kojipro is a distance a normal human being can't run, let alone walk.

But it has all the same symbolism as PT did, even if the setting is vastly different.

It's that mecha knight game Kojimba hinted about. Think ZoE but with a little Silent Hill thrown in for good measure.

At least I hope so.

Maybe the baby meant he left his family behind? Something akin to Interstellar? For the greater good and life on earth?

I'll buy the idea that they can somehow put people through a portal into the afterlife or purgatory. That's actually pretty fuckin cool.

Well, from op's post i see symbolism similar to the clip of David Bowie called Blackstar, which he made just before he died.

It features guy in spacesuit too, but theme isn't about actual space.

I've been surprised at the lack of discussion for this game, remember the MGS V trailer threads?
Its obvious that its because its a new IP, but that's just more exciting in my opinion.

This.
He has a huge dick for mecha actually. He even liked that mess that Pacific Rim was.

I agree. I care more about this than I did for MGSV and I love the Metal gear series but it should have been put to rest a while ago.

There really isn't all that much to go off of, save for the teaser and some concept art/tweets. The threads that came about after E3 also attracts alot of shitposting, so actual discussion gets drowned out.

I just hope to God it isn't open world.

It won't come out in half a decade so it's pointless discussing it anyway. Apparently kojima wasted months of time building this stupid fucking teaser and hasn't even started on anything in the game

are you suggesting Death Stranding is similar to Bowie's occult beliefs

It's a teaser, no gameplay, no pre existing context, I'm already amazed some people have picked up the equations on the dog tags, they're not dog tags though, it's a key ring.

You know full well that women wouldn't give him a second glance if he was a nobody.

That's what I'm saying. Thematically, it's likely very similar to what Silent Hills was gonna be.

You a grill? How many dicks did you suck?

Is he going to go over budget and over schedule and bankrupt himself? Please tell me he has someone else in charge of monetary management.

Thematically sure, but that doesn't mean it has to be survival horror or anything remotely like Silent Hill. Visually, it's sci-fi. Everybody saying it's Silent Hills can't seem to grasp that.

Pacific Rim was mediocre as hell

The mecha was sweet as fuck, but the story was fucking awful and gave no real investment in any of the characters. Not to mention as a result no one was likable.

I mean it wasn't as bad movie at least?

I actually really like the music. It's extremely fucking sad, and I like it.

I made the same connection. my guess is that it's going to be a MGS game with some psychological horror twist to it.

The trailer is clearly symbolic but not necessarily unreal, a hallucination/representation of the protagonist's background and game setting.

The baby he's holding is his son, most likely dead, like all of those dead things in the beach, I'm assuming either a virus/weapon/magic killed a bunch of shit on the planet under certain parameters and MC's son died along with it.

The 5 floating figures are obviously responsible for this happening and might be major bosses.

Unless redus had caesarean section, I have no fucking idea what that cross-like scar is, but it brings some things to my mind, maybe all those dead things are actually part of "the great rapture" to heaven, and those like reedus, unfit to be "taken", have been marked (a la berserk) to be left stranded to die without salvation in the upcoming shitshow (hence the title).

At first I thought reedus was one of those floating guys but then it hit me, those 5 spoops might be the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse guided by the lamb of god.

If this is the case then the game will basically be reedus weathering apocalipse with sci-fi tech and trying to find a way to be reunited with his dead son.

Won't probably happen like this though, maybe it's just going to be a "did u rike it" amalgamation of what couldn't be done in mgsv and P.T.

The floating people are actually demons :^)

Probably not, knowing him, he'll been in total control of just about everything. This is pretty much standard operating procedure for most of the narcissistic hacks in this indsutry.

I also want to know if there's an HD version of the trailer, like crispy clear 1080p one. I think we can get a better view on those "figures", if there is one.

What if those "people" are actually floating crosses?

On the KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS youtube page.

Could
Mozart
still
be
alive?

(2) quality posts right there, fam. Keep up the good work.

inb4 the game's plot ends up being embed related

No. Please leave and never post again.

Producers knows that a hole is a hole, and it's acceptable when that hole belong to someone currently wearing a skirt.

Basically everyone knows each other through degrees of Kevin Bacon in the industry, except that rather than 7, it's more like 2, so I sucked a friend in the same studio, who sent me to some shitty celebration party for the gold version of Titan Soul PS4/Vita in late march, got me a prod who worked on the indie department of Sony, sucked him to get the info that Koji was in talk to join Sony, but nothing would happen til late December at least, then I went to Konami LA in November, met a guy I worked with back in '10 on GOWIII, sucked his dick hard on his very own parking slot on his way home from being fired, he put his little box with his personal effects on my head, got him to spill the beans(literally) about the guy in charge of the future independant KojiPro, even got a number, went to a meeting, sucked the prod's dick, got in.

Kojima is a Gundam-fag.

If you look closely, they all have their arms at their sides except for the one in the middle, who appears to be crossing his arms.

I WAS A HIGHWAY MAN

Thank you very much.

chew you havisfaction a singlelicious satisfact to snack that up

Not everything with tangential religious symbolism (or mechs/plugsuits) is fellating evangelion m9.

Stop posting your homosexual fantasies here, it's disgusting and degenerate.

But it isn't

Did you rike it?

If you want even a more clearly image, here right before they fade away.

You can see some more detail thoug, the center figure has his arms crossed and the other for are like what you posted.

Actually this makes a good wallpaper, I have to thank myself for making that.

*four
fuck

Yep, definitely not imagining it. Center one is holding his head up and crossing his arms

Look on both sides of the image, there's something red there, and behind the sperm whale there's something there too, it's the only thing in other color than black or white, what is it?

You absolutely right.

kek

either blood or some kind of fire

Probably lava.

It would make sense considering that ZoE 1 and 2 are heavily base on egyptian mythology.

I just hope Kojima keeps making trailers because he has really good taste in music.

Clearly the whales represent Moby Dick and the lack of a missing ending :^]

It should a videogame tradition, where the director also directs the main trailers.

Yeah, I'll post a pic of my employee ID card that literally no one but Kojipro's employees have seen before, totally impossible to fake amirite. You'll just have to do what you always do, for all you know I'm full of shit but there's an infinitely small possibility that I'm not, ensuring that once again, the Kojima's wild ride will honk honk towards the sunset.

You know for all I know everything I've been told is absolute BS as well, seems like a lot of the people are met are into this whole Kojima's a crazy bastard that will lie through his teeth until the game is actually released.

Just fucking with you we've yet to have a fixed locale of our own, it's still a Sony badge.

KEK CONFIRMED
KOJIMA BROWSES Holla Forums AND KNOWS ABOUT MEME MAGIC

I would say that its a Zone of Enders inspired game, if they would have different form from humans. But the shape of their heads and simplistic design doesn't seem to be of some kind of robot.

They don't even have wings.

Not sure, but confirm something for me, my eyesight isn't the best.

On the sperm whale to the right is it me or is it's head glowing red with whatever it is near it? It's subtle but I think it's there

So there's a lot of faggots in your end of the industry? Can't say that I'm surprised, really.

You don't have be sarcastic, friendo. I know my post quality is shit.

tough call, it could just be the light reflecting.

And people keep asking why the industry is shit.

Of course he does.

It also looks like the 4 others have a leg forward that's on the side closer to the one in the center. But I don't think it's true.

Im all the things that didn't happen this didn't happen the most.

Aliens are harvesting people and animals for synthetic oil. Reedus' a surrogate meant to bear children to be harvested using high tech alien womb tech, thus the hand markings.

If kojima browsed an imageboarx it wouldn't be this one. It probably be the way more popular 4chan.

You mean 2ch?.

And because aliens harvested too many people, humanity had to reproduce through males, that's why main character has some sort of c-section.

Its obvious as fuck he gave a birth to that fucking baby, and that baby was abducted by ayy lmaos.

Yeah you right. It likely be 2chan. Still my point is kojima is not gonna browse this place.

2ch is not 2chan you double nigger

DEUS KEK

Fuck it, I'm willing to believe anything from Kojima, charred bodies, super future fuel…

A few things I've noticed after watching it a few times

Why this is the only whale that has some sort of scratches on it? Why other whales aren't damaged like this one?

Nigga i don't care, that wasn't my point.

if you look carefully
it says Holla Forums

The trailer is symbolic of Kojima's departure from Konami.

The man in the trailer represents Kojima, the baby represents his work: Metal Gear. The electronic cable tying the two together helps this theory. The dead fish/whales represents the dead gaming franchises and the oil spill represents money/corruption and how it's fucked up the industry. The baby disappears and crawls towards the fish because it has become another dead franchise.
There are five figures because they represent the five Metal Gears.

Wait, I only noticed now that all the animals have the same tethers the baby had, what the fuck

fuck off

holy shit you're right.

I thought they were sea snakes or some shit but they're tethers.

Isn't that just doubling down on your hick heritage. Burning a trailer seems like a very hick thing to do.

As I said, flesh fuel

read my theory for an explanation

there has been only two metal gear games, what are you talking about?

I noticed that days ago. Damn you are slow user.

But how can it be flesh if they're bodies are still there? Maybe the red thing is actually blood, blood fuel? Or maybe something related to life like stem cells or whatever

I-I'm sorry user..

Nope, Metal Gear revengeance is a metal gear game.

At first I was just thinking it got into a fight with a giant squid, but there's probably something else behind it.

Doesn't mean autism can't correct it. I understand what your point was.

I think it's supposed to mean the Solid series.

I'll keep standing by that it will essentially be Silent Gear Hill Solid. It will be a combination of both games that Kojima couldn't finish. I feel a huge part of MGS V was a more horror approach but had to be cut due to time and constraints. May be the reason Kojima wanted to make Silent Hills in the first place. Now he gets to carry on that work but merge it with the gameplay he is good at.

Supposedly, players of Uncharted and the Division will like it. This could go many ways. One, the most likely, is simple casual pandering to get their interest and money.

Two, it could be a hint towards the game itself. Uncharted means a TPS with lots of cutscenes, but this is Kojima, so nothing really new here. Division comparison is interesting. Could be a hint that the game features some kind of online component. Perhaps those five floating people can be other players and a foil to the player, much like the Old Monk from Demon's Souls.

It will be interesting to see what he comes up with. MGS V hype was crazy, but this is a potentially all new outing for Kojima.

So what do you think those spoopy noises in they ending are? They're definitely organic. Are they supposed to be the dying animals on the shore, or the floating beings in the sky?

You can clearly see that Norman is a big guy for the baby. He also looks like he was thrown onto the beach, leaving him and the baby the only survivors of a wreckage that could easily raise a few fires. For me to truly understand this trailer, I need to get Kojima on board and call him in. But maybe it's better not knowing, because now's not the time for spoilers, that comes later.

The left whale is even better. It has tree branch shaped scratch, which is retarded.

nobody seems to notice that there's what appears to be lava or fire on both edges of the screem

see
and thank you for confirming it for me

Oh shit, he has a tattoo.

Anyone want to guess what it could be? Looks like some kind of logo

AWWW YISS SON WE FUCKIN WORMHOLES AND SHIT NOW

Looks like a bat to me.

It's coming out on June next year __:^)_____

Looks like a batman like creature.

Who keeps coming? Reedus or the sky men?

the strangest things to me are the weird lines that come off the text, they don't look like drip marks, vines, veins, or anything else I can think of

The players, because even if it's shit people will still buy it

I wonder if it's related to Tree of Life folklore.

Looks like a person in a paragliding outfit or something.

Uh, you don't get to analyze trailers.

Looks like a wing

Looks like human waste wasn't lying.

Its just bat, here's different angles.

this is my fetish

(checked)

Whoevers at charge of the KojiPro english accoubt should be fired.

I really hope he doesn't back off and releases the game for PC too like they said.

I'll be mad if they don't.
But I guess even if that doesn't happen, but the time this comes out the PS4 will be dirt cheap

Oh, its not a bat, its a demon.

So you never watched it?

There is symbolism but I'm sure its plot. You guys are getting hyped over male pregnancy. Congrats, nu males.

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour

poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/43650

yeah, but the characters were essentially just fluff for the mecha fights
the only real disappointment for me was that we didn't get to see the japanese jeager fight the giant enemy crab

>I propose, as an experiment that people may find novel and interesting, that we analyze the song 'Blackstar' by David Bowie and discuss what we find. Played backwards there are audible sentences in it such as at 1:33-1:35 "I'm asleep in the willow", and if you websearch Willow + Bowie the result is Willow Creek in Bowie, Maryland. The whole song seems like a coded message waiting to be unraveled, but it can't be done by one person without error. If you've never heard of this before, you should look at this youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FtrIQ5TqRKY#t=16.
>rg.to/file/f56997a1cbe09115d58d0bf2e64ce53f/01_David_Bowie_-_Blackstarvocalsbw.flac.html
>2:07-2:10 " last words"

I heard rumors of a sequel, so you might get your wish.

Did Kojifags flood the official video's comments that they had to disable it or were they always like this?

Yeah, and Del Toro already came out and said how important the theme of diversity and strong female characters is.

I fear he might have gone off the deep end

Reddit and memes ruin everything.

Yeah itvwas kojifags because the most popular uploader of the song before the trailer came out was a non fun allowed person.

Yoko Taro did come here, so it isn't an impossibility.

Yeah, to post like one short message.

To be fair, Pacific Rim was always about that. Strong weeb bait waifu? Massively implied mixed relationship? Lots of international cooperation?

I just did it, its rendering now. There's some whispering, breathing, and radio chatter. Will upload mp4

Okay, now I'm scared

There's HELP ME for sure. You can hear it. Also i will not make full video reversed, so please continue rendering.

With Kojima, who fucking knows? I'm kinda worried the weird shit in MGS was just the tip of the iceberg and now that he's free of Konami he's going to ramp it up and do all the weird shit they'd never let him.

Sounds like animals crying for help.

Did anyone point out that the fish also have those robotic umbilical cords?

JUST

And this is obvious voice of a man saying something.

oh
FUCK
I forgot about that shit

Whales aren't fish, you fag.

whatever we can't all be smart like you user

Alright, so I'm almost positive the trailer isn't symbolic and is instead representing something that can happen in the game.

Based on those tweets and our research/speculation here, I don't think that 'dying' in the game will be an outright failure state, and instead it just changes your circumstances. Maybe somehow, by fucking up badly enough, you get into a situation similar to the one depicted in the trailer: stranded in some kind of dead, stagnant purgatory.

reddit.com/r/NeverBeGameOver/comments/4nz65b/death_stranding_a_hideo_kojima_game/

It's an online game isn't it?

Their arms are not outstretched sideways.

It's almost as if you hated fun.

Exactly, its a country on Europe somewhere.

After listening a lot to reversed version and comparing some screams to unreversed one, i certainly can say that the screams are reversed in the original.

Maybe just for effects, but still.

Now slow them down incrementally.

I don't see any replies saying there's still a ruse.

It's going to suck.

archive.is/7kdGc

Why are you here?

Kill yourself.

There's nothing to slow down though. If there was anything to slow down it would get completely different sound.

All those are just human and animal screams.

Slowed version shown me nothing.

Wrong thread, buddy.

Some time ago he was in a near fatal (car?) accident and now a large part of his skull is actually a metal insert. He was a model before he was an actor.

Oh shit nice. The Line was great. I wonder what Cory Davis the director is up to.

Also if you would ever try to clean any part of the trailer, you should definitely relisten to pic related part of it in slow down reverse.

The part on the very end isn't anything really serious, this one is though.

To add to your guess.
Maybe sentient ai woke up and created the apocalypse because reasons. And we get super science mixed with the supernatural.

Yeah, the characters were flimsy except for the side characters played by Ron Perlman and Charlie Day. The story was cliche, the romance was cliche, but that wasn't the point of the movie.

If you saw a dumb mecha movie fighting huge ass monsters for the character development and story, then you're doing it wrong.

I have no idea what the game is about but it was meta and experimental as fuck looking. I'm highly interested.

Punished Reedus, a fallen model

after this , me too user, I love sci-fi, but now that we have Kojima running wild I can't wait

That's no excuse, you might as well watch Bayformers "for the battles".

I just hope its first person. You know why.

Kill yourself, CoDfaggot

STRANDING
ON THE EDGE

No because Bayformers' action is fucking garbage that is barely intelligible.

Are you seriously going to tell me the action from Pacific Rim is the same as the action from Transformers 4?

That spacesuit guy is major tom you idiot.

It won't be, getting Reedus to give his face and then not seeing it throughout the game is not happening.
Also, Kojima said Uncharted and the Division fans will enjoy it, so, no FPS

FORM THEIR RANKS FOR ARMAGEDDON

Em i the only one skeptical about it ? "new genre" is kinda very fucking loud from someone who wanted to become a movie director. My main concern is will there be actual game play.

i rike this song tho.

My problem isn't the face.

Didzu rike it?

Come now user, be honest

Yeah well, MG did pioneer the stealth genre back in 87.

Its a well formed ass, what's the problem?
Can you not admire the male body without becoming aroused?

Fuck you m8s. I make a funny and no one replies.

I just wanna know what the gameplay is like.
If it's a David Cage or a walking simulator, I'll definitely pirate it so long as they don't blow their load on the story.

Sorry user, here

Haha lol yr so funny give em children lmao

this is the funny post

Sorry, I was going to throw a reaction image your way, but I just kinda got distracted. Here, take this boner material.

It's like you niggers totally forgot how much of a blunder mgsv was

Is good joke.

Message in the beginning of the game definitely hints at after life/alternative dimension bullshit.

いいな

The first what i thought, when saw the trailer, was "walking sim with cut-scene circle jerk then press x".

The horrible figure looks better than the character model.

It's coming to PC.

please use archive.is/kojimas-death-stranding-will-be-an-action-game-sort-of/

It's coming to PC

Personally, I hope it's a stealth-horror game which now that I think about it I don't think I've ever seen one outside of maybe SOMA.

A video streaming site.

It isn't, the contract Kojima signed forces him to make his first game a PS4 exclusive.

Its probably a factory error , no way its supposed to look like that.

archive.is/zxgng

Here's your reply, nigger.

archive.is/hXQEZ

Fucking hell, you people sure are stubborn

I don't think it has stealth elements.

After all how the fuck you are going to hide from those supernatural flying beings?

Fucking hipsters.

I-I don't know how to speak moonrunes user

HE WHAT

He could go inside a shack or something. Maybe cover himself in oil and lay on the ground then he would look like the ground and the flying things wouldn't see him.

only true metal gear fans appreciate kojima's artistic vision

He came to say hi, like literally. Was here for less than a minute and people act like he browses this place.

Aren't SOMA made by the company whos two other titles was in the same genre, with penumbra having some tripy ending. tbh, for me anything but walkingsim will do. I want gameplay

大丈夫。

That's cool as shit

He acknowledged us, isn't that enough for you nigger?.

a-user please

What type of social commentary do you expect?
It sounds like Kojima may be planning to criticize social media from some of the tweets about the rope.

Zero people have ever expressed that opinion.

I think so.

This art certainly holds a deep relation to the game.

No. I want more, i wanna be acknowledged and talked to. I wanna be told i matter and that Im special. I make people happy, dammit.

day of the rope?

Have a goodnight kiss user, hope this will do.

Aaand i found literally an ancient fanart of Death Stranding.

That's just a bunch of naked guys. I'm naked right now, but that doesn't mean I'm somehow connected to this game.

how do you know you arent.

This is definitely where he got the inspiration. What is the source of this picture?

says you

This is all art of William Blake, who was mentioned at the beginning of the trailer.

Look, our character even has handcuffs.

I think you might be actually

There's totally a reason for handcuffs.

How far does Kojima's ruse really go?

You people need to start sperging out on this pictures like yesterday. get on it.

Hell, you cold have been born simply to eventually be viral marketing for the game.

Kojima is actually Anno

I heard a theory that they have some connection to his life because they flicker slightly then fully illuminate when he wakes up.

This thread has too much shitposting and not enough analysis.

I can analyze you if you want me to bb.

ANALYZE THIS
*UNZIPS DICK*

JUST DOOM ME UP FAM
And I don't mean nuDoom either

Why do I get the feeling that over analyzing this stuff is going to be more fun than this game will be?

Wasn't it the same with MGSV? When user's theories end up better stories than the storyline of the game itself.

METAL GEAR!!!?!?!?!?!?

Pretty much, the fact they have put equations for quantum mechanics on his dog tags is getting my dick hard but I just know it wont be as good as what I want it to be, there are no good games I can really think of that have quantum mechanics are a key plot point that is any good

Aren't those usb drives?

Zero Escape?

That's the same with all of his games basically.

Only time will tell.

Could be, Im more interested as to what the equation for the Schwarzschild radius and the Dirac equation have to do with dead whales

Nah these have solid bottoms and are made of metal.

Maybe our hero is just escaped scientist?

I hope there's no online component. Online would be a retarded feature for such artistic game.

Uncharted reference could mean climbing and action sequences, which obviously means that its a linear tps.

No open world this time folks, i hope for the better.

The Dirac equation is related to antimatter in some way, which could play into the idea of the oil spill as an energy resource

eh, I feel like the open world in MGSV took away from the plot. I'd rather go through a series of missions that tell a story than wander around a map for 5 hours completing objectives waiting for the plot to show up

PT was nothing more than a set-up for the creation of this game.

Anyway my theory for this game is that its going to be inspired by Event Horizon. I don't think the trailer is anything more than a brain teaser that has nothing to do with the actual game (besides symbolics). If its that future space knight game I can imagine its a Dark Souls meets Uncharted and its about a spaceship stranded between life and death.

Everyone thinks that user.

Don't forget Kojima is a massive Westabo, but has to rely on western MSM to know whats going on.

He seems to like western stories, but then he puts his spin on it, and his style of gameplay.

Even if he did look at those for inspiration, based on the quality of his past work, he'd improve on them.

He'll still have his brand of Technology! and head-scratching story-lines. And hour long cutscenes.

If I had to take a guess, based on those tweets that were made, if there's an online component, it would be more in line with the from soft model. The tweets talk about roping people in, and make it seem like an uncertain thing.

NEW ZOE
I think it'll be a game similar to it at the very least. It may include some ground game, so Xenogears/Saga in a way. I just hope the world Kojima drops us in has a bit more going on than in MGSV. I'd also love for some actual bosses with perceived personality like the Cobra Unit/Dead Cell/FoxHound.

I like the idea that humans end up making crazy quantum tech they ends up giving those 5 guys in the sky god like powers and end up killing everyone else. Williams Blakes poem at the start is mainly about the apocalypse due to man hubris so Im pretty sure this game is going to take place after a apocalypse due to humans fucking up

Was uncharted good anyway?

I know the division is shit, but is there anything redeemable about uncharted, if Kojima liked it?

I think everything is much simpler.

There's "matrix", to which all creatures and humans are connected, and those 5 "powerful beings" consume energy through umbilical cords to keep themselves powered. Hero "took red pill", and broke from the system, cut off his cord, but then was caught and imprisoned. His child he remembers was also connected to the system and probably suffered from his father's actions, and the entire sequence with him was a hallucination, Later, he broke from imprisonment around Iceland, maybe he was transported to another location, and trailer shows "naked raiden" part of the game, where he just escapes and hallucinates just like big boss in the beginning of MGSV.

Uncharted is just a comfy TPS with some side of adventure. Not much too it

bump

comfy means its garbage

I heard Uncharted 2 was the only good one in the series.

I have a feeling this game is going to end up being ZOE as fuck

2 was pretty good, but the rest are trash.

It means you've never played a single one.

1-3 are fine to good. 2 is pretty damn good.

He has become the George Lucas of the video game industry.

Reddits mindset everyone

Bumplock here we go

Well done.

I also deride the lower class of my own race on internet forums to signal my social status. I am glad that there are others on here who are also the right kind of person.

You can't mention one good game that has a comfy label on it. You just call it comfy because its garbage, but you want to rationalize your investment of time.

Do you think it's possible he is the andrei tarkovsky of video games?

Not yet, we need more auteurs anway. He could become THE director. Like the shakespare of vidoegames.

I call it comfy because I feel comfortable playing the game. Nothing more nothing less.

The game is around 20 hours dumb nigger.

Shitting on games that people have never played it's the most retarded thing ever.

that sounds so bad ass, I want this.

Just how exactly does that debunk what I said? Even 20 minutes is something a liberal shithead like you would try defending because you always think you have to be right.

No, he's like Lucas, every MGS is like poetry, he wants to relive the success and hype of the first MGS. Every new MGS had a reference to an iconic character, boss, location etc.
MGSV is the equivalent of the SW prequels. He had carte blanche, surrounded by yes-men, and the result is that unfinished game, a pot-pourri of the games he enjoyed (Red Dead Redemption for the open world, Left 4 Dead for the skulls).

Kojima is nothing like Lucas. As an artist Kojima flew past Lucas ages ago and never looked back.

You either have never played the game or are absolutely fucking retarded

You are retarded.

If by that you mean "His higher ups were constantly fucking around to his dev team and doing shit like randomly cutting their electricity because they were trying to get him to quit because they fucking hate videogames" then I still don't give a shit about your post because your next bunch of sentences make it crystal clear that you've never played MGS V, and possibly you've never played a MGS game.

Kojima was forced to work separated from his team, with barely any contact with them says Keighley.

It was fucking terrible.

Death Stranding's announcement from Kojima was literally the only good thing about E3 this year and you can't prove me wrong.

South park

Did you get lost on your way to Holla Forums? Making one redneck joke means i'm a race traitor now? Give me a break.

He's right though.

Never watched Tarkovsky. As a Russian, I am ashamed. What would you recommend?
just pls not something that will make me want to kill myself if possible

Stalker, its loosely based off of Roadside Picnic, which STALKER is also loosely based off of

Roadside Picnic didn't really do anything for me and I never was particularly interested in Stalker
but ok

russian my ass

Keighley doesn't seem like the kind of person to throw dirt, either.

Remember when Kojima wasn't allowed to accept his award at The Game Awards? What a shitshow that was.

If it is as shitty as his past games, its going to be how EVIL MAN KIND IS AND BASICALLY WE ARE DEATH IN THE FLESH OOOOOOO. I fucking hate metal gear solid games, and I hate the people who like them. They are shit stories, shit attempt at movies, shit attempts at stealth games and shit at pretty much everything else.

Fuck off.

Feels good

Kojima literally created the stealth genre

The stories are always life affirming, what the fuck? Have you played these games?

Keep going, you console kiddies are fucking hilarious to laugh at.
Way to off yourself as a fucking reddit faggot.

God you reek of newfag so badly

what games do you like then

No, he LITERALLY created the stealth genre

Keep going faggots, you have all summer break to do it.

just tell us what games you like user

Fucking good one, faggot.

What was that Spiderboy? Did Stark say you could talk?

filtered then quit derailed you spaz

derailing*

Jesus, who designed that character, Brianna Wu?

I played MGS on PS1, its remake on game cube, MGS2, Snake Eater, MGS4 and the shittiest one: MGSV (perhaps one of the greatest third person shooter in terms of gameplay but empty maps, dumb story, one-dimensional characters and the absurd idea of forcing you to replay the same missions in hard mode in order to finish the game even though the final cutscene was on a bonus disc).

kek

twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/743473257064472577?p=v

kojima already said it is inspired from this book

there is a story in the book called なわ which involves sticks and rope as metaphorical devices

there is another story in the book about a visitor from space

『使者』
  火星人を自称する男が主人公の前に現れ、援助を申し出るが、その男の外見は余りにも地球人そっくりであった。主人公はその男を警察に突き出すが…… 安部公房らしさが分かりやすい形で現れた作品。 

it could be similar to ludens in the noon universe

there is a section on this page with some descriptions of the book
dslender.com/read/kobo.html