Has anyone heard about a Boondocks revival? The Facebook page hasn't posted...

Andrew Rogers
Andrew Rogers

Has anyone heard about a Boondocks revival? The Facebook page hasn't posted anything in 4 years, and they suddenly post Riley and Huey in a new style.

All urls found in this thread:

facebook.com/TheBoonDocksShow/

Joshua Gutierrez
Joshua Gutierrez

I'll only watch if Aaron is back on board. The last season was terrible without him.

Jason Rivera
Jason Rivera

This

Adam Nelson
Adam Nelson

nigger show
Go home CK.

Brayden Moore
Brayden Moore

Boondocks is a nigger show just as DBZ is a nigger show

Kevin Martin
Kevin Martin

That is the dumbest thing I have ever read on Holla Forums, and I always read the Night of the Were-Eds every year.

Joshua Collins
Joshua Collins

Night of the Were-Ed is pure kino though.

Gavin Garcia
Gavin Garcia

kino
You're not on /tv/

Cooper Brown
Cooper Brown

Huey is now revived but in that gentrificating CalArts style taking away details because they're too fucking cheap and unskilled to animate.
Everything is going to look pastel a la Steven Universe

Levi Phillips
Levi Phillips

a-am I in Hell, user?

Landon Wood
Landon Wood

Crappy post minimalist style
Christ no

Kevin Myers
Kevin Myers

And they bring back Ed the Third, Gin Rummy, Thugnificent, etc.

Luis Rivera
Luis Rivera

Please just let it stay dead. I'm so sick of the monkey's paw.

Bentley Clark
Bentley Clark

it never made sense for boondocks to have such quality animation anyway

Sebastian Hernandez
Sebastian Hernandez

Do niggers actually like the Boondocks? I thought the fanbase was mainly white Americans laughing at how goofy niggers are.

Noah Thompson
Noah Thompson

god damn i fucking hate niggers

Daniel Williams
Daniel Williams

do niggers actually like boondocks?
To answer your first question I'll address the latter part. The first season of boondocks WAS meant for an intelligent audience, white americans caught on and enjoyed it because of how it distinguished niggers from black people. The 2nd season wasn't created by the original creator(iirc) and was basically set up as a show for black people. (the same ones that never watched the first season). It didn't make anyone happy. I might be miss-remembering some of this stuff, maybe there were some good episodes in the last season made.
this new stuff looks like tumblr drew it. I can only assume it's going to be another souless cashgrab attempt.

Aaron Clark
Aaron Clark

Hey /tv/

Andrew Howard
Andrew Howard

Aaron McGruder was the show runner for the first three seasons. He was then fired and the fourth season was directed by Angela Nissel, and it is widely considered the worst season. Also, The Boondocks is/was very popular with black viewers; it was even nominated for awards by the NAACP.

Brandon Myers
Brandon Myers

I used to talk to some alright nignogs about the show back with season 1.

Ian Ramirez
Ian Ramirez

His post is in context with his image you retarded faggot.
You killed the board, you can fucking leave now gooncuck.

Charles Cruz
Charles Cruz

Why'd they fire him again?

Brayden Martin
Brayden Martin

I don't believe the reason has ever been publicly stated. But it's easy enough to assume that McGruder was either too difficult or controversial to work with. Or maybe it was just bad scheduling, after 4 years.

Aaron Wright
Aaron Wright

But it's easy enough to assume that McGruder was either too difficult or controversial to work with.
I'm willing to take this entirely at face value. McGruder never shied away from inserting his own politics and opinions into his work.
Aaron is a massive nerd. He probably demanded top quality visuals for the show.
Back when it was a newspaper serial he spent like 3 weeks bashing The Phantom Menace and Brokeback Mountain. There were also a few odd Sunday strips knocking the newspaper puzzles it shared space with.

Blake Lopez
Blake Lopez

But how did a dinky little-know political strip get high quality anime animation for four fucking seasons while other actions cartoons last half as long?

James Turner
James Turner

fourth season was directed by Angela Nissel

That explains the godawful granddad gigolo episode.

James Sanders
James Sanders

Charlie Murphy is dead

Parker Clark
Parker Clark

dinky
I thought boondocks had a lot of hype around it before landing the show. Like, I remember pieces being ran about how it surpassed Peanuts for being the most popular strip a few years before the show. My guess is McGruder had enough competing offers to give him enough bargaining power to demand so much of AS.

Leo Butler
Leo Butler

I know he had some beef with the BET and Reginald Hudlin.

David Adams
David Adams

That's true. It rapidly became hated in conservative circles yet beloved in liberal circles for it's edgyness and overcoming of censorship. Sometimes the plotlines were deliberatly made to offend. For example, there was a story arc where they investigate 9/11 and Hewey reports Ronald Regan to the FBI and CIA as the perpetrator. It reached its peak popularity just before the tv show came out. Now people don't even remember it was a comic strip beforehand.

Parker Stewart
Parker Stewart

I never heard jack shit about it. Caught little glimpses in commercials and never got the impression it had anything other than a niche audience. I didn't even think it was on air as long as it was.

Ryder Gutierrez
Ryder Gutierrez

Boondocks revival

It'll just be loaded with current year complaining about Trump. Don't bother.

Mason Gray
Mason Gray

I was talking about the popularity of the comic strip before the show. Of course you could have the most popular comic strip in the country and still never been heard of because of how many people had already given up reading newspapers over 10 years ago. Regarding the show, my guess is that it probably never got more than a few million viewers.

Evan Watson
Evan Watson

Ruined my day.

Samuel Perry
Samuel Perry

What newspaper would publish subversive political shit like that?
We never had anything but peanuts and garfield in our newspaper strips.

Oliver Rogers
Oliver Rogers

I’m Aaron McGruder, and this is my Boondocks Facebook page. Understandably there’s a lot of confusion out there so I’ll start by clearing that up.

It’s been a few years since The Boondocks went dark and in that time the world has gotten, well… interesting. There’s a lot of catching up to do. I won’t try and tackle it all at once. I know there’s a lot of fans who miss the show, and even more OG fans who probably hated the show and miss the comic strip. The sustained relevance of the characters to the generation who grew up with them has been heartening to see.

Returning to The Boondocks has always been a complicated prospect for a bunch of reasons, ranging from the legal to the personal, but the biggest challenge is always a point of view worth sharing. Inappropriate negro humor is serious stuff. I’m proud of the series and what it accomplished, but I don’t own it and can’t revisit it. Returning to a newspaper style comic also seems like looking backwards. Next year, The Boondocks turns 20 years old. Any new incarnation will have to find relevance for an entirely new generation.

After the election, new jokes and easy satire seemed self-evident. I’m often asked if I now finally miss the world of political humor. I don’t. It’s hard to miss The Boondocks when life has become The Boondocks. Uncle Ruckus is President. We’re all living a bizarre political satire that is largely about race, and inappropriate for children.

It’s tragically funny, especially if you have a profoundly dark sense of humor like myself, and it raises a new question. Now that we’re all trapped in a cartoon what do we do about it?

A few months ago I started playing with the idea of video games - something I always wanted to do but never made the time for. It’s a medium that feels right for our violently turbulent times, and right for The Boondocks. I have no idea what the App Store will let us get away with. It’s uncharted territory, and good to do something completely new with the characters. It won’t be for every fan of the show or the comic strip, but it’s equally as sincere, and still a bizarre political satire that is largely about race and inappropriate for children.

This is not an announcement of the show returning or anything nearly that exciting. It’s a bit of a labor of love over here with a small team including tech wizard/advisor John Imah and the legendary DJ Pooh on the help out. There will be more info coming soon so watch this space. Different canvas. Different generation. We’ll see where it goes.

facebook.com/TheBoonDocksShow/

Attached: 28795262-10156346422029873-6694187223555768320-n.jpg (69.63 KB, 960x673)

Jaxon Cox
Jaxon Cox

It’s hard to miss The Boondocks when life has become The Boondocks. Uncle Ruckus is President. We’re all living a bizarre political satire that is largely about race, and inappropriate for children.
Oh, great, he's started drinking the kool-aid.

Anthony Barnes
Anthony Barnes

nah user, he's saying with all the SJW bullshit going around and how unbelievably insane politics are right now, it'd be real hard to even attempt reviving the show without the sjw crowd jumping him for "racial insensitivity towards blacks" or accusing him of being "a racist, sexist, misogynist, homophobic, bigoted piece of human garbage" like they do with everyone else that uses the type of humor that The Boondocks does.

Dominic Collins
Dominic Collins

So… it's a video game?

Jack Sanders
Jack Sanders

If it's not the comic or cartoon I don't give two shits about it,

Mason Walker
Mason Walker

It's a mobile game.

Lincoln Clark
Lincoln Clark

O

Attached: Ice-cream.png (525.86 KB, 719x685)

Gabriel Morales
Gabriel Morales

Boondocks is right at home with videogames
YES
I'm not sure what the app store will let us get away with
Here I thought we were going to get a San Andreas with boondocks characters. Instead all we're going to get is some stupid bullshit with microtransactions so Aaron can continue to rape the IP. Was season 4 not enough for him to realize people were unhappy with how CN was exploiting the brand? What a fucking jew.

Attached: 92e871c7a2f0ab5fcf43555ba2e7fab71afe90f1b45537d387f7366cc36f693e.png (197.38 KB, 294x256)

Wyatt Cooper
Wyatt Cooper

Attached: Ct3g1AyUkAAWLX-.jpg-large.jpg (20.34 KB, 479x388)

Dominic Cruz
Dominic Cruz

this could lead to some more loli jazmine art

Zachary Bell
Zachary Bell

Read the thread, dumbass. McGruder was not involved with season 4.

Dominic Morales
Dominic Morales

No fucking shit he wasn't, if you read my post, you'd understand what I meant. CN raped the IP to hell with that season, cashing in on it's lasting popularity with a shitty mobile game won't make it better. I'll give you a (you) if you're this retarded and want to play this shitpile.

Attached: 0ca57f19f3c8b047a63e6312435cb7a211c6a28edbc496c5504cc2937aeb4e28.jpg (142.54 KB, 831x720)

Eli Rodriguez
Eli Rodriguez

hurr I cannot into reading comprehension
The sheer fact that McGruder is not pitching another season of the show is proof enough that the show itself was bad. That does not mean the IP has been ruined, you cock-gobbling merchant.
rick and morty
Oh wait, you're retarded. I'll leave you be.

Liam Miller
Liam Miller

It says in the post he can't make another season due to licensing. Jesus christ, do you have the reading comprehension of a retard? I can't believe some nigger online is doubling down on some shitty android game. If Aaron isn't paying you in pennies, then I'll pay (you)
Le reddit and maymay
user, do you have aspergers? Do you think that when someone makes fun of you they're laughing with you, and not at you? Get that checked out bud. Sage for off topic.

Attached: Just-for-(you).png (460.67 KB, 870x722)

Thomas Baker
Thomas Baker

can't make another season due to licensing
reading comprehension of a retard?
Stop projecting user, just because you can't understand simple written text doesn't mean the rest of us are disabled. Go back and read what I wrote, very carefully.

do you have aspergers?
someone makes fun of you
You sure are butthurt over a simple mistake you made. Are you feeling ok, user? Anything you want to talk about?

Attached: a1fd5db3c0708417906d88f1aa9f0faaa5cdff9ac05797adbae84e9214544ff3.png (54.58 KB, 388x402)

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit