Counter-Strike was released 17 years ago

Which is your favourite version of this game, Holla Forums?
1.5?
1.6?
Source?
CZ?
GO?

Source because of all the great maps, mods, and memories

1.6 feels the best though in terms of gameplay

Fuck GO, only play to micspam once in awhile

The only people that play 1.6 now are mexicans and the residents of their back yard, south america. No really I checked the other day and that's what I found. It feels like only yesterday that there were 2000 active servers and the most were from murrka and yurop. Compare that with less than 200, and for some strange reason the 5v5 style got retro-actively ported? I don't know why. Now it's the spics that carry the torch of 1.6 as it fades into obscurity.

GO made pubs suck.

At least on source you could find servers with decent people. GO completely killed it. Sure you can join a few servers, but that's only 5% of the game. Also I don't get why casual makes you start with body armor. It fucks half of the guns.

I'm really torn between 1.5 and 1.6.

But why? Why has everyone left to GO?

Why was Condition Zero shit again?

I thought it was k

yeah, autism never gets better

You're lucky if you get player counts over 50
Only kids and basement dwellers sitting in custom maps like Zombie Escape and Jailbreak
dead
the only one still being played by large numbers but for obvious reasons, aside from the skin shit and huge competitive focus it's pretty decent, but if there's no point to play it for pubs unless you're trying to get rank for comp

It was an awful game from the start.

none, they all sucked

because go has skins, has a sense of novelty because it wasn't made in 1999 SHOULD have better netcode than cs 1.6(but it dosen't) and even fans of the older cs games will play it in spite of the fact that they don't like it because their dumb friends who have no standards for fps games play it.

I swear at least half of the playerbase comes straight from COD, gaylo, and EA published battlefield.

Man, those were the times. I also remember when cs source launched and people just ignored it because 1.6 was much better.

sucks to be you

1.6 was fun as fuck, it's a shame that it's just full of Venezuelans (how do they afford a computer nowadays considering their economy is shit) and BRs.

Source is just full of stoners and grown up CoD faggots now.

CZ is, of course, dead. I liked the Deleted Scenes though, those were fun.

GO is shit, full of little kids and literal faggots, I wouldn't touch that faggy game with a 10-foot-pole.

You can literally run 1.6 on a toaster. The real question is how they can afford a decent internet connection

If I had to pick one, I'd say 1.6. shit was fun as fuck.

how many of those "friends" got murdered later?

1.6 has a ton of zombie escape mods

And why hasn't anyone made a decent game about zombie escape ? It's pretty fun when you learn what to do.

All of them. I'm also a nigger living in a favela.

Grew up with source, but play go because that's where the player base moved to.

Though I do like the micspam you autists play.

Man, I miss visiting PC bangs back in Liban
Shit was great.

1.6 is still my favorite game, to this day

Shitskin please go

1.6. >>>>>>>> CZ = Source >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GO.

1.5 for gameplay

1.6 was a downgrade

Source was for casuals

Everything after that might as well not exist

The 1.6 part not the least because it forced Steam down our throats.

cs_mansion

I only played 1.6 what was so great about 1.5.

1.5 could be played without Steam. Do note that back then Steam was even more of a horrible piece of shit than it is now.

No riot shields, most notably because those were cancer for several months after the release of 1.6. It wasn't because they were overpowered, it was because they were annoying as fuck.

Some of the map updates were meh, some were ok.

For the most part 1.6 had lots of small and even unnecessary changes and a bunch of small bug fixes. It would've been fine if it was just the fixes.

Where the fuck is that.

CS was always shit.

1.6 still has English servers if you look. The Guatemalan server I occasionally go on has good ping and no stupid loud music.

cs 1.0 and 1.3. but not because they had better gameplay or anything just because that times for me to happiest times of my life.

CS:GO is a mixed bag.

It has 1.6's gameplay and Source graphics, but on the other hand it has cancerous:

user's a lebbo.

go is pretty good, only problem is the cancerous userbase who cheat.

the new circle menu is much faster than the old style, i can buy all my weapons in a few seconds without even looking.

I still play 1.6. I have two or three servers on my list that are usually populated with 12+ people. I tried to like GO. I played it for ~100 hours during the beta, but it just feels wrong. Besides all of the horrible map changes, the movement itself feels wrong to me.

The only thing I dislike about GO is the userbase, the rest is pretty okay. And since it's a shooter, you'll be killing everyone anyway.

Fucking casuals.

de_dust is better than de_dust2

The only thing fun about GO is micspamming and the reactions from people. It lacks any of the fun community shit from 1.6 and Source.

Let's Players and skins. The same reason why it's e-sports grew. You get free skins if you watch tournaments.

Yeah no offense user but

is a good thing.

Rio de Janeiro declared they are nearing bankruptcy today.

It is the most unfair map, CT has complete advantage.

CS: GO is also shit because 64-tick servers, horrible RNG, bullets don't go in your crosshair as much as the other games making it useless, Source netcode hasn't been updated in 11 years, and Train and Season and Nuke have been updated with a boring le future modern aesthetic the shit looks like TF2.

CS was always just a more boring version of Cawadooty.

samething happened to Custom Edition, it's just mexicans with high ping

grief competitive

My friends dad was fixing/selling PCs, so he had a lot of them in the house. We never had to use computer cafees for lab play (only for internet, I didn't had internet untill 2007 or so.)

How's life there.

I played 1.6 rather seriously.
I played Source for Zombie Escape mostly
I have GO, but it remains relatively untouched

1.6 was great. My friends and I had our own Source server after HL2 came out. We reverse the physics and ran a variation of the rats map. If you shot an object it would fly towards you.

Hey It was good, plus it was released as it's own standalone game by the name "Deleted Scenes".

It was fucking FUN and it had some pretty cool scenarios to play in.

Anybody watch the League show of this game on TBS?

Just caught it on one time and I was zoning out throughout a lot of it. What I remember is that there were a lot more banned stages than playable ones to choose from. It was best out of 3 but each 1 total win was a best out of as many games as it takes to reach 16 wins for the winning team. Not sure how anyone could watch that all the way through.

everything about go is awful idk how its become the only competitively viable shooter in recent times

esea is complete garbage as well its honestly a complete fucking mystery to me how go has grown so much over the fast couple years even with skins

i never got to the japan level, i need to replay this

None of the games past 1.6 had func_vehicle, right?

Anyway, CS:GO is shit. DRM item systems/microtransactions are cancer (and not just because they means modding has to be killed to eliminate the competition it poses), and matchmaking and modern "esports" are super cancer.

Source

I'm pretty sure 1.3 was the last version of the game that had zero RNG when controlling recoil, so that'd be my favorite.

It's mostly because it's what everyone else is playing. The top players moved over, so all the second tier players moved over, and so on and so forth. What's more, all of the major clients have essentially dropped all real support for even pick up games. Hell, I actually have trouble finding decent DM servers anymore.

CS:GO isn't as fucking awful as it was at launch, and it's kind of fun on 128tick, but matchmaking (which 90% of population plays exclusively) is fucking garbage. Still, CS:GO is like the autistic younger brother of older versions: Gun fights are messy, movement is less deliberate, and maps are messier.

Smashfag is mad that his party game isn't on TV.