Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl comes out

Looking back i bet it was the hardcore "d-dont spoil the ebig twist!" autists just being loud and screaming betrayal like some 'angry reviewer' on youtube.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/amH8e
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What exactly do you mean by this? Having never played any past the DS entries, I'm curious.

You can start a new game and select multiple difficulties, playstyles and either a full story with set characters, anime cutscenes and fleshed out party characters or go full dungeon master and create your characters yourself with less story but its more of a tabletop rpg feel as you map dungeons, discover treasures and secrets and hope your created characters survive each dungeon trip.

Untold is a big fucking middle finger to the fans of Etrian Odyssey in order to appeal to generic JRPG faggots. It's their equivalent of "we want the CoD audience". That classic mode turned out ok despite how much they tried to fuck with it doesn't redeem them.

I will never understand you "plottwist" fags. Its not some super secret crux of enjoying the story, its a really cool element to worldbuilding like it is in nier or retro actively in ico to a far lesser extent.

Fuck everything about the Untold games. Especially the new "fans" they drew in. I don't have that message from the creator saved about how using your imagination is key, but Untold shits all over the original intent of the EO games.

summed it up better than I would have.

and all faggot

See this is the kind of crazy i'm talking about.

OP sucks cocks once again.
Will summer never end?

I see you're one of the casual weebfaggots I was talking about.
Also, if you don't understand how spoiling the big plot twist of the entire series in the fucking title of a remake is a bad thing, you're clinically retarded.

What does it tell you about yggdrassil? What about the plot is it spoiling?

EO is casual babby dungeon crawling no matter how you slice it.

Just fuck off already.

I personally didn't care about how it was "raping the franchise", as I always considered Untold as a subseries of EO, something that I consider confirmed with EOV keeping the charm of giving you barebones classes and appearances and letting your imagination doing the rest.

That being said, I can understand why people criticize them heavily, and EOU2 having paid DLC didn't help at all, good thing .cia exists.

Of course you would defend this. You're the new audience being catered to. Also you said this was the best EO. How to you feel about EO3 and 4?

You have never played Demon Gaze I see. Now that is a casual dungeon crawler.

People were afraid it would crawl into the main series, and it did. Saying that, this could be all just modern ATLUS and not because people purchased Untold.

Is it still on sale for $5?

As for DLC, modern Atlus is to blame, not EOU.

That being said, I'd love to have some of EOU/U2's map and speed features to be brought back to the main series (basically, the added options and colors for the map, and the enhanced speed for moving and battles). Just keep Story mode and all that goes with it to EOU.

Please show at least a shred of originality OP

Most of the EO fanbase does consider Untold 1 and 2 to be decent or something that should be played after everything else if you're really desperate for more EO.

Yeah I like that stuff. Can't go wrong with more map options. The new icons they added for EO5 makes me a little excited to chart off those maps. Always feels great looking back at a completed map and seeing all the details you put into it.

I think people here tend to overreact about the quality of certain games though. Like NuDoom was considered decent by the people who actually played it. Or Overwatch which people immediately write of as dogshit due to people spreading misinformation. I tried asking a couple of times why people though it was shit. Their criticism was very petty or plain wrong most of the time. Most likely bandwagoning young folk.

My playstyle is I hate DLC.

See where I'm going with this OP?

I get the feeling you didn't play any of the older games.

Untold 1 doesn't have DLC. It just has a really bad story mode.

You'd be hard pressed to find fans you think Untold 2 is decent.
They even fucked the classic mode in that trainwreck

Hold the fuck up, you consider "it's boring" to be decent archive.is/amH8e

I do the same for the treasure chests and FOEs, as well as having marks with monsters' names so I have an easier time finding them should I go back to an earlier map for materials. I wouldn't do the rest though.

As for overreaction on Holla Forums, I'm not even surprised. Between shills from other companies (especially Micro$oft, trying to push W10 by any and all means) trying to deter games, trolls and goons trying to shitpost at every opportunity, and people genuinely thinking Holla Forums is a hivemind, it's common sense to not care about overreaction, and to pirate the games or to play them used to give them a try by yourself.

Fuck. I thought this was going to do something like Class of Heroes where you come across other academies that have specialized classes to recruit.

And OP manages to out-retard the entire board in only three posts. Good job fag.

It's a shame it's so casual, because it sounded interesting concept wise, what with capturing the bosses and using them against other enemies.
Hopefully the sequel will up the ante. DT2 and SoSC being the only worthwhile drpgs on the vita isn't a good look.

I've heard some call it decent but I can't finish it myself. Nothing feels dangerous anymore without handicapping myself. Revive upon being killed by a FOE. Can just warp to stairs to get out of any sort of trouble. Enemies being damage sponges due to balancing the game around broken story class. But hey, at least it has nice music and I can't wait for that EOV soundtrack and arranged soundtrack. Hoping for a FM version too.

Read a good chunk of the thread and the general consensus as mediocre, average, and boring. The most shocking thing was the 100,000 revenants video. 12 enemies on the screen at a time is pathetic. I was curious to read the comments and of course, jackasses turned it into a "Consoles are holding back PCs" topic. These people don't realize consoles are not to blame, it's the devs who went for a game looking pretty over how it plays. Which is also why it was so slow in the first place and the level design was built around you being slow. But hey, that's what grabs casuals and the game sold well so why would they appeal to the old "autistic elite gamers"?

I believe we had this discussion in another thread but I agree. DT2 and Stranger are great. DT2 has become one of my favorite games. It was surprisingly refreshing and had a good deal of depth. Started off very easy and a little shallow, ended up being challenging and complex. I hope they took notes from SoSC and apply them to DG2. Hoping DT2-2 turns out well too.

So which one on the 3ds is the best? I've wanted to get into the series for a while but don't have the money to start from the beginning… or is there one on the DS that is better than the 3ds games?

EO1-3 on the DS are much better than the 3DS games. EO4 on 3DS is okay, but not as good.
EO1's remake is barely tolerable, if you've already played the original.
Anything more recent than that is fucking trash, with paid DLC all over the place.

So going for 3 and 4 would be a safe bet?

Release order.

Please remove yourself from these premises

Release order but you can skip EO2 if after playing EO1 you don't want to play basically the same game with an expansion pack.
To me EO4 has the best class design, skill trees, best burst skills and is really comfy overall, it'd be the best of the series if it had the difficulty of the previous games and a few more classes early on instead of Imperials. And a real final world and final dungeon, after the backtracking montage.

EO untold games are shit and overwatch is pretty shit due to balance issues hampering gameplay. People tend to want to stay with one or two heroes and not constantly change or stick to a boring meta. Back on topic,the untold games are casualized to the point where they're not even fun and the story is so generic it can't redeem the game.

I hate marketeers and PRfags.

Naw skip 1 go 2,3,4, Untold
1's really really unpolished

also skip untold 2, untold 2 is unmitigated shit

Its nice, but the fucking grimoire system and grind kills my will to finish it every time I try.