Hey Holla Forums

Hey Holla Forums
What keyboard style do you prefer?
65% 80% (both without numberblock) or the 100%.

Does the number block bother you when you are gaming?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/0mZUbaM5KrJhzr2i
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1547
wasdkeyboards.com/
massdrop.com/buy/code-keyboard-tenkeyless
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pump

Best keyboard coming through, all others need not apply.

Full size, cherry brown switches. No fancy lights, no macro keys, no HUD on the keyboard, just good old fashioned clickity clack.

Pic related, it's my current keyboard.

i've had this keyboard for 10 years. i'm surprised it still works with all the cigarette burns and cum stains. i don't need anything else.

although all I want is just one homerow keys so i can play constant stepmania

Have the same one. Really happy with it and it's way better to spend money to quality keyboard before mouse. Mouses are overrated.

Keyboard can't be broken unless you slam them against something or you pull the cable out. They are oversized calculators in terms of complexity. So that feat aint nothing special.
But typing on that thing is must feel like shit.

60%

I'm the keyboardfag with a $700 keyboard

not, i use the flecks of dried cum that get attached to my fingers as gaming snacks.

Dropped like the brick it is.

I just bought myself a 100%
pic related

But I wonder if it would be better for me to get one without numberblock.

thanks, marketing surveyor

If you're not going to have a numpad you might as well just use a laptop, you fucking faggot.

Ok who is this

Are you telling me you're a degenerate arrow keys user or even worse a switch user that does a diamond setup (only to negate n-key rollover while negating ergonomics and sense to have a good keyboard) instead of using the superior and already just works homerow keys

Are there any keyboards that move the OS and Menu keys to the top function row instead of between the CTRL and ALT keys? I've hated their positions for as long as they've existed.

Wasn't there sold old mech game that extensively used the numpad?

I have a extra numberpad, which I honestly dont use much.

probably but my keyboard is fully programable so shit like that doenst matter

WOW
WHO CALLED
THE PLEB PATROL
also who the fuck is this are you in the discord or is this just ARC shitposting?

I'd agree with you if a dedicated stop button closed the media program, but if there is a keyboard with that function I don't know of it.

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF

Respectable tbh.
DUDE WEED

you use
if you find your pinky and ring fingers weaker than your index and middle finger

Why? You're missing out a large-ass hotkey zone.

what keymode is this what
noone plays PIU pls
Join the fucking discord you nig
discord.gg/0mZUbaM5KrJhzr2i

its the same shit as ASKL, except instead of your pinky and ring finger, it's for your index and middle finger, unless you actually spread your hand two buttons away from each other like a fucking manchild

don't even bother

any keyboard without a numberblock is peasant-tier and worthless.

explain

fixed

get a load of this fgt.
STOP
POSTING
ANYTIME
This aint asc
this aint even 7+1

It's called a keypad you nigger.

You seen 8/jp/ in like the last 2 years?

Doesn't matter, as long as it's Dvorak

we had it once.

Yeah and it was fucking terrible, it was deleted after like 6 posts. But that was back when it was the other bo

\_/ or |_|

Is there a keyboard chart like god-tier and great-tier and shit-tier and etc..

Full-size.
I use the numpad as a set of media keys.

Full size, but not too full size… y'know? I've had this thing for like 7 years and I fucking hate it. It's so fucking fat and the placement of the media keys and the USB ports is maddening.

At least it feels good to use though, and the warm orange backlight is at least not vomit-inducing. At the time I bought it I was churning through throw-away keyboard after throw-away keyboard trying to find something that felt both good to type with, and use in games, and at least it did that.

Fatass.

Extra full-size. I love macros.

Forgot image.

lmao tbh

I use a 60% mechanical one with a seperate numpad (mechanical too) for the clickity clack, got all the ergonomics, functionality and clickity clackity I need.

Pic related

because i like it. Fight me poorfag

mah nig tbh
clean yo shit though jesus

daily reminder that "muh status symbol and Fujitsu production purity" is the only reason HHKBs are overpriced to hell and back, shitty rubberdome version included

t. regretful owner of used HHKB lite2

The shit on the desk's finish is just the varnish worn off, and it's too much of a nightmare to take it outside to re-varnish, and if I do it inside I'd kill my little hamhams and ratties

Always fullsize. Currently use a quickfire xt with browns.

Plebs.

are you telling me you really touch your dick after touching THAT?

I don't buy laptops that don't have numpads.

user, just unplug the keyboard and dunk it into a vat of dish soap

most laptops are overpriced boats with a useless 'numpad' tacked onto the keyboard

I like this one.

It's like the Oneohtrix Point Never clip…

Always 100% - it's quite useful.

Oh shit, I had that exact model years ago.

why?

Best layout right here, thanks to the clumped right side. It's much better for writing.

I can't stand keyboards without numpads. Those are the best when typing numbers, and even better when you have to type both letters and numbers.

what am i looking at?

A common scam.
False external harddrive/ usb storage.
The storage on the usb may be fake too.

A fake external drive, it's a flash drive with screws glued in to give it weight.

External "hard drive" that's been weighted to make it feel legitimate.

K120 or go home.

built-in keyboard/10

poorfag/10

works in a shitty cubicle/10

That's the nicest thing anyone ever said to me.

What would you need all those macros for, tho?
I can't even find a way to make use of my 5 macros.
Maybe I'm just playing the wrong games for extensive macro usage.

Not him, but you can also macro keyboard shortcuts for OS functions.

This. My Rosewill Brown Switch Keyboard is a God-tier beaut. Looks and feels proffessional, no stupid gaudy LED bullshit need apply.

smhtbqh, familia

enjoy scorve2 you nig

made in china

Daily reminder that if you can't type "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" with both shift keys pressed down your keyboard is shit.
myself I have a cheapo wireless Logitech keyboard that my dad used for work ages ago.
works surprisingly good, the mouse that came bundled with it was also the shit but i accidentally sat on the fucker and broke the left click.
If i do upgrade my keyboard i'm considering this:
>mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1547
anyone got any experience with it?

Ergonomic Keyboards

I'm just using some cheap Ducky Mechanical Cherry Blue keyboard, that shit serves me well enough.

Though I wouldn't mind picking up a better keyboard one of these days, maybe with brown switches.

THEQUIKBROWNFOXJUMPSOVERTHELAZYDOG

I have one of these instead of a mechanical keyboard so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

40% or bust

quickfire rapid.

one of the cheapest mech keyboards I could find, small and comfy.

no ricer leds
8+ button presses at once using the ps/2 adapater

kindve wish i got blue switches instead of red though for the clicky

Ha.

60%.

Spent a while looking for a full Mech keyboard that wasn't riced to fuck and back, ended up buying this one, pretty happy with it.

IBM Model M
Still the best keyboard around.

has shitposting gone too far?

60% or 100%. Don't see a reason to skip out on the tenkeys unless you go all the way. You don't really need arrows + the other stuff as dedicated keys.

Real HHKBs are pretty shit, too.
Topre is extremely overrated.

I have this for my main rig use.
a "Code" from WASD with green switches.

wasdkeyboards.com/

I have a green switched small-style for the office (also code)

and I have a red switched normal that I had for a while and now I use it for laptops and stuff. The smileyfaces is the red-switched board.

Nice mouse, bro. ;)

Stupid, dumb, casual scum.

I've actually been considering the non-meme edition of this keyboard, does anyone here have it?

Does .. does playing this way make you faster in general?

It's totally shit compared to my old g400, would've bought a g400 if they didn't discontinue them.

All you have to do is practice.

How fast do you type now?

Currently using a ricey Logitech G15, but that's started to die so I bought a WASD V2. Haven't swapped them though yet even though it's sitting right next to me.

Had one of these, USB socket broke. Returned to shop for a new one, same type, USB socket is failing on this one too. While they can talk about their steel backplate all they want, the part that is likely to recieve the most wear and tear is not up to snuff. Not happy with it.

Any cheap-ass-free keyboard will do for work.
I've used nostromo since 05, fite me.

They use mini-USB, right?
Mini-USB is only rated for 5000 insertions. It was largely phased out for Micro-USB, which is rated at 10000 insertions.

Both of those stats are total bullshit and you'll never get that much life out of a port, but one is clearly much better than the other.

nope, no detachable cables there

even then, i've had microUSB ports beat to shit way more often to me than miniUSB

i use a shitty wireless keyboard with no special buttons or style

learn to touch type user, it will take ages to get used to it at first but it's well worth it to learn. just remember to train yourself to use the right keys with each finger.

🦂

You could always settle.

didn't you fucking paid like 80 dollars for a single keycap like a fucking retard?

Damn right and id do it again

Only difference is that I didn't put the stupid WASD keys on and I replaced F5 and F9 with textured keys.

If you could kill yourself, you wouldn't do it because you're already dead.

life is pain, I don't get to have a memeboard like this dude and instead just have a red/blue rainbow button

its not my only one

I've seen this image, or at least images like it, plenty of times on the vola.
And it triggers me every time

Bully this furry

No, but any game can supress the win button and make it useable.
It's just lazy devs.

Anything but 100% is shit.
Prove me wrong.

I know that feel fam…

K120 master race reporting in

numpad is superior to the regular number keys.

Not durable enough.

Logitech K310 master race. Washable yo.

same :^)

You paid $80 for that autistic looking kindergarten workshop crap? Are you really so retarded that you could make something better yourself?

Logitech G710 w/ Blues

Not a fan of the LEDs or the aesthetics, but it was pretty cheap for a tenkey and I get decent use from the macros for work. Seems like you can't find blues with a TK for less than $120 anywhere.

My father insists on using this thing. I think he views it as a security measure, since nobody else in the house can properly type on it.

I have the same. It's pretty good for a non-mechanical, despite its difficulty with spaces in the double shift test.

It's a good feel to load up a game and see that it has a custom display for the screen. I've never figured out why it had a specific app for Battlefront II of all things, when the keyboard came out several years after the game.

The fuck is this nomenclature
What's the problem with Compact, Tenkeyless, Full size.

My man. Just got this today, Black switches, not too loud. Weighs a fuckton.
I'm aware its more likely than not that this isn't legitimate, and I can't get a good resale price since the actual keyboard isn't signed, but it's a funny story.

Bought a mechanical keyboard (from Corsair) after years of deciding whether 100$+ are worth it. Three buttons continuously stuck that take minutes to spring back up and a wonky USB port/contraption that bends the cable tight like a nun's vagina.
Immediately went back to my "pleb" 5$ rubber-dome keyboard that has lasted 15 years. I know that can buy another one which will probably work fine, but the experience of buying a "luxury" product lower in quality than the common POS keyboard ruined it.

It is also incredibly hard to find a mech. keyboard that doesn't have a shitty font, LEDs, or planned obsolescence parts like those USB ports.

was gonna post the same pic

k120 is the best type of keyboard. the "not-a-scam" or otherwise known as the "10 dollar" type keyboards are simply superior.

used to buy expensive keyboards cause i figured they'd last longer.

80% because muh desk space.

I also hardly use the numberkeys on this setup, as it's mostly dedicated to gaming. and I have one of those mmo mouses which lets me type numbers faster than the numpad anyways
Also it's more comfortable to have your hands closer together, if that makes any sense.

Poorfag normcore all the way.

enjoy your arthritis

80% with blue switches, I have a small desk and I hardly use the numpad at home anyway.

what happen ?

I think when 60% and 75% keyboards started getting more popular people just switched over to percentages to make it simpler to categorize, rather than having "compact" and "tenkeyless" mean being somewhere between letters only and only missing the numpad

i find these terms way more comprehensible than calling a keyboard a "65%"

I can't live without a numpad. extra buttons to bind shit to in sims, easier to type numbers without looking, etc.
I love my rosewill RK-9000.

Literally hitler.

I've been using this for years and I can't imagine using anything else now, it's literally perfect.

might as well have gone full cyber witth SA row 3

It's not exactly meant to be comprehensible to anyone that isn't a keyboard autist, it is a specific term for a specific kind of keyboard. If you say compact I don't know if you mean a 60%, 65% or even a 70%, just that you mean a small keyboard.

No numpad. No home keys except delete.
No tilde key.
No capslock key.
Big keys.
Keys that feel like jaws of steel have seperated a human between them like two heat sinks without fans meshed with eachother, every time a key is pressed.

Numpads are worth buying smaller laptops.
Fkeys aside from F4 are also commonly useless and should be accessed through holding down a useless key.

I don't need a variety of brackets either. If I felt like square brackets I would use another font.

God tier
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxwhynz

High Tier
NowIknowmyabcs

Middle Tier
Nexttimewontyousingwithme

Low Tier

Shit Tier
Qwerty

Keysboards with numpads are something similar to the n64 cover of Goldeneye (Turok was better)

Always to the left.

Tenkeyless

Numpads are for photographfags and useless office workers

No user, you've got to try harder to trick me.

I've been using this thoroughly-chinese motherfucker for 8 years, and I've never had a single key fuck-up or software hiccup of any kind. Thing must be made to shrug off bunker busters, considering how much shit it's seen and yet been unfazed by. Not even dirt can fuck with it, mine's still clean as a whistle despite all my stupidity over the years.

Never got the commotion around mechanical keyboards, the ones with the displays on them or the rainbow-backlit ones either. Unless those rickety-looking plastic toys magically improve the "experience" of typing/playing vidya over this one and similar indestructible monoliths by blowing you on-command or some shit, I'd say they're not worth it in comparison.

Needs more colored LEDs and special snowflake keys.

Anyone what don't got a number pad keyboard is a scum sucking commie dirtbag.

Fancy macro and light shit need not apply, either. For kids with their mommy's credit card

What's the name of this keyboard in the OP?

100%

Other wastes of space, weight and resource:

Speakers
Lights
Ports other than some standard one. something like USB should be used to output audio and video. In excess of the demands of the day.

After mass marketing demands are to whatever is advertised, scum repeating such advertising as if they are advanced because of it. Traitors is what they are.

Standardised ports should use aliminuim to lessen corrosion and be seamless with the body to prevent water from entering the system.

One long port with many connects. Plug in a hard drive to use all of them for extremely fast auto/manual transfers. Peipherals use as much of the large port as they need to.

Sound cards and video cards using most of them if not all.

Use the port to join multiple systems for a shared processing network. The port along the entire back of a portable device, along the sides, wherever space not used by the screen, also doubles as a heat sink.

Use realtime 2D to 3D conversion to enjoy whatever you want. Use adapters ti link systems if more pins on the ports can be made with the same level of sturdiness.

Port used too for extremely fast charge, as the battery has many cells all linked to via the pins. Charge weeks worth in seconds. Intrgrate solar cells to clothing for air conditioned comfort and to charge systems.

A big SEGA sticker isn't a waste in my opinion.
Though after that animu war game it might be now.

this is basically an "edgy gamer computer" thread. if it doesn't have cool leds in it, it's not good enough and you're a poorfag, lmaoXD. don't take them seriously. despite not getting shit on for their reckless waste of money in the name of style for whatever reason, these people are no better than the guy posting his led lit rig with biohazard stickers everywhere across it. i'm not sure when this happened but i'm guessing that when closet normalfags had to give up pic related, because getting laughed at only fueled their insecurities, they decided to channel their lust for "style" and "self expression" into their keyboards.

well well well, we got some salty poorfag over here

My keyboard is shit, I can't press arrow keys + z/x and space at the same time.

Can't use Fire/Freeze turrets in Tanki, because that requires running circles around your opponent while shooting while turning your turret.

see, these posts are an anomaly in themselves. it's like reddit's calling me names but instead of the usual shaming no one bats an eye. it's just odd since it goes against all of Holla Forums's usual stances. you're literally buying your pretty cosmetics to show off online and everyone's fine with it.

and you are complaining on the internet about things beyond your control, who is more silly?

thats not a TKL thats a 75%
TKL are basically full sized without the numpad like

most those vomit sets are just from crap bags that get sold every so often, just containing a bunch of mismatched keys
never purchased any myself
the first 2 and the 4th pic are just vomit bags and the third and 5st are just meme reddit garbage

also never really liked the skull clickclacks, I always loved the candy corn type keys though

no I'm not
I just like keyboards
sure memeboards are cancer but my keyboard is the same as having good cable management

I've got a corsair like this one, except mine's full size. None of that mini shift key, L-shaped enter key bullshit.

Why don't you come up with your own bants instead of crying that the Holla Forums hivemind isn't doing it for you.

What the fuck does that mean?

60%
75% not a good picture, google it
TKL ( Ten keyless )
100% / full size or basically your default keyboard size

spoken like a man who never laid hands on a mechanical keyboard.

I was in your shoes about 2 years ago, rocking the K120, but trust me when I say that the difference is very noticeable. Once you go Cherry MX it gets hard to go back to the membrane grind. Also, in regards to displays and rainbow backlighting, the best mechanical keyboards don't have either of those because they're not marketed to gamers or ricefags.

The best mechanical keyboards are the ones you build yourself
Lube the springs or even change them for heavier ones, put on switch stickers, pick your layout, case, switches all your LED options of you want them or not

Ive had two of those break on me, i stopped claiming the warranty because I was sick of sending it in

This is the piece of shit I'm using at the moment and it's horrific. Can anyone recoment a mechanical keyboard thats:
>Cherry MX Red

I've been considering the CM QF Rapid, but I really have no experience buying keyboards so I thought I'd as you guys first.

massdrop.com/buy/code-keyboard-tenkeyless
No reds but reds are gross

Or just get any ducky tkl

Thanks, but that's a little more expensive considering I'm in the UK. (Item value+shipping)X1.2

I was a little concerned about Ducky keyboards since they seemed like they could be 'that Chinese brand'. Do you have experience with them?

I had a ducky shine 2 a very long time ago and it was very very solid
I rarely see anything bad said about them and that is mostly about the 60% and its key layout

Vortex is also a good brand, I forget the name of the TKL but I used a poker 2 for a long time and a pok3r, wasnt as impressed with the pok3r but think I just disliked its case over the poker 2 in my custom case

literally what

Oh so it's a sort of how many keys does a keyboard have? Well good to know, thanks user

THIS IS THE EFFECT OF SOCIALISM AND MARXISM IN THE NAME OF SOCIAL JUSTICE WHICH OBAMA HAS ENFORCED DURING HIS REGIME IN THE NAME OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, THE FUCKING NIGGER IS RAPING OUR WAIFUS.

OBAMA IS SPREADING SOCIALISM, MARXISM, POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, AND THE GENOCIDE OF WHITES, CONSERVATISM, AND ANYONE WHO ISN'T A NIGGER OR MUDSLIME. IT IS THOUGHT CONTROL SO HE CAN CONTROL A RHETORIC AND REWRITE THE HISTORY BOOKS TO SAY THE ONLY REASON WHY HIS REGIME FAILED WAS DUE TO "RACISM". HE IS TRYING TO COVER UP HIS INCOMPETENCE AND HATRED FOR THOSE WHO KNOW THE TRUTH AND FIGHTS FOR JUSTICE.

FUCK THE OBAMA NIGGER

your third paragraph is mostly wrong and your shit's all fucked

the conservatism and liberalism paradigm doesn't make any sense at all and is simply divide and conquer
obami is merely a pawn of either a medium radicalist anti-nationals group or a larger group
obama has done very little in retrospect. just about all he did was instate his own groupies into positions of power throughout the entire government, who are the real dangerous ones
he's no master mind and his only big ideas are the ones he's been told to believe in
it is true that retrospective analysis will always be swayed towards his regime failing because of racism. in reality, it succeeded in its goal to infect the government with people who will support the narrative's ideals

get fucked highschooler

In the end I got a CM Rapid-i with browns. The font looks horrible, but the keys can be replaced at least. The ducky seemed nice, but the LEDs on it only came in blue.
In any case, thank you for your time and advice.