How many versions of Resident Evil 4 have you played?

How many versions of Resident Evil 4 have you played?

Has anyone managed to play them all?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.si/search?hl=en-US&ie=UTF-8&source=android-browser&q=pcwiin&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=HNtkV5_BFsqRgAbT0Z7oAw#hl=en-US&q=pc wiimote
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All except wii

Just the GameCube and PS3

all of them
its my favorite game after all

Ay my nigga. RE4 is also my shit.

Wii, PS2, PC and 360.

how do you even get the zeebo version?

google.si/search?hl=en-US&ie=UTF-8&source=android-browser&q=pcwiin&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=HNtkV5_BFsqRgAbT0Z7oAw#hl=en-US&q=pc wiimote

I could use it for emulation, it's just the textures are so murky from what I remember playing on the Wii.

Can anybody here verify if the GC ISO's for RE 4 work since the md5's are different and emuparadise took down their own copies of RE 4 GC?

Gamecube and PS2. own hard copies of them both.

Gamecube first
Original PC release second (I regretted it until I figured out how to mod it)
PS2 version for about two hours with a friend

No other versions.
Is the Steam version worth playing at all as far as mod potential goes?

Gamecube
PS2
Wii
PC
PS3
PC HD bullshit

I really, really like Resident Evil 4

It really was fucking fun as shit.
What was the best version in your opinion?

Not that user but i'd say it was the Wii version for the controls alone.

same

side note, it's nice going back and playing through 4 after the disappointing announcement of 7. It was the first game that married action elements with survival horror and it did it really well… to bad the same can't be said for the later entries.

I'll probably go back and play REmake and 0 again after this because why not.

Even the Zeebo version?

They're all pretty much the same to me after the PS2 version since that version added Ada's campaign

The PS2 version has terrible lightning and a lower framerate thl.

And terrible loadtimes.

Does it? I haven't played it since the Wii version came out.

I've heard from multiple people that the Wii version was garbage, but I have always wondered just what the motion controls are like.
Might pick it up soon.

Yeah, but they can differ massively as far as graphics and frame rate go.

I know the original PC release somehow managed to look like ass compared to the Gamecube version unless you modded in better textures.
Also, the PS2 version had shit frame rate IIRC, but my buddy's PS2 was kinda beat up so maybe that had something to do with it.

GC, Wii, PC, PC remake.

or in other words just the good versions released.

it would have had nothing to do with it.

It isn't. It actually has all the extra content from the PS2 version as well as the superior graphics from the GC version.

It was the lighting, actually. The PC version basically didn't have any lighting when it came out.

Holy shit, now I remember that was a thing, at least the PC remake was released.

Was it really just the lighting?
I remember textures for items in particular looking completely flat and less detailed for the PC version in comparison to the Gamecube version.

Also, I may have played to much 5, but isn't there a way to stomp on downed enemies in 4 or is it just knifing them?

The textures might have sucked (it was a Gamecube game) but the lighting was the major issue. PC version is the top, console version is the bottom.

Just knifing them

pc version got a patch that fixed all that faggot

Oh wow, I guess it really was mostly the lighting.
I've never bothered looking up a direct comparison like that.
Thank god for mods.

Gotcha, I keep running up to them and pressing "E" out of habit.

I guess that is the one thing I wish this game had that later games did.

I didn't play RE4 until I got the new PC version. I couldn't stand the awful framerate of the ps3 version and the PS2 version was just shit.

Are there any mods for the PC HD version?

Wii version is one of the few games that does waggle right. It also makes the game a cakewalk if you've played it on anything else beforehand, but I suppose that's always the case once you know what you're doing anyway.

There's reskins to play as different characters.

Not everything. The second release was what really fixed the game.

Yeah, RE4 isn't exactly hard after you've completed it more than 3 times, much less the countless number of playthroughs I'm sure we've all done of it.
Still, any reason to play it again at this point.
I need an excuse to turn my Wii on again anyway.

I have a buddy who has played all but the iphone version. I've played ps2, GC, PC, and Wii. Only downside to the Wii version is that the easy aiming wrecks the difficulty, and it's already not that hard.

Coincidentally I was finishing the second of two back two back plays on PC when that was announced. Did a Red9/Shotgun only run (until late when I used the Butterfly), then a no handgun or shotgun whatsoever run. Actually I still need to finish that one up.

Both of those from new games too. I don't really understand the appeal of NG+ in RE4.

Using the infinite rocket launcher to open doors

There was an iphone version?

Don't forget being a literal fedora tipper with mafia Leon + Shitcago Typewriter.

Yes but DON'T fucking play it. Please spare yourself of that horrid shit user. I'ts not worth it

Wasn't that the one which was basically a reskinned completely different game?.

pls, give me some credit

Holy fuck this looks like shit but I guess the Pajeets preferred to play this than not play at all

Anyone here happen to own the Trial version of RE4? It's pretty much the demo.

I'd be very surprised if any of you did. Seems to be very rare these days!

Luckily you weren't watching the surprise announcement as it happened. Game still could be good, but it has a LOT going against it.

that fedora led to an incredible death animation.

Just think, at one point these graphics and that gameplay were amazing for a phone game.

Makes me sad almost every day.
I'm not even kidding, I have an almost autistic obsession with 3.5. Maybe someday it will get leaked like the early version of 2.

I think I opened Leon more than anything else with the infinite launcher. But I get what you mean.
I just get bored of screwing around while being totally overpowered pretty quickly.
I'd like it more if there were crazy nonsensical enemy replacements throughout NG+ to balance it a little. Like JJs shooting at you from the rooftops in the starting village or the farmhouse siege being all novistadors or Salazar having an even smaller Salazar weak spot inside his body or El Gigante being replaced with a Gigante sized garrador.

I've thought about this a lot.

I can imagine it being really good, but I don't expect it to be.

So what are some things you guys do during your playthroughs of the game?

I'll admit that I go full autismo over getting every single possible treasure in the game. Even all the fucking spindles. I just cannot go through the game knowing I missed a treasure.

Did it involve a garrador?

I won't always do the shooting range

Oh, and kill Saddler without the rocket launcher

Yea but that was for the zeebo which was a remade version of the mobile one so it was even shittier

Are you me?

I'm also really crazy about ammo-efficient play against one or two stray enemies, even when I have ammo spilling out of my shorts.

I try to kill as few enemies as possible and rush through the game.

Red9/Mine Launcher/Broken Butterfly/Bolt Action (not everytime though).

Does that include shit like ringing the church bell multiple times and going back to the entrance of the castle to get the couple of zealots that spawn there?
Because after I discovered that shit I have a tendency to revisit areas and fuck about just to make I didn't miss something, even when I'm 99% sure there's nothing left.

Nah, I don't do either of those things

Fuck, I made that sound like the church bell had something to do with the zealots.
Ringing the church bell summons more ganados, and revisiting the area before the water room after you've completed most of the castle you should encounter some zealots (my memory is a little fuzzy on this one).

So when do I do this? After I rescue Ashley or some time before that?

When you first see the church when it's still daylight out.
After you kill all of the enemies in the graveyard you can shoot the bell and it should summon more ganados.
I'm looking for a video of it.

I figured this out when I was fucking around after my ~12th playthrough.

I don't know why but that shit always makes me laugh

Wii, PC, PS3. Wii is best by far.

Oh that's fucking awesome! Thanks user.

I guess my extra enemy tip would be after you wake up from the big fish battle and head back to the way you came where you got the boat and go up the path. There you will encounter some of those infected wolves with the vines out of their backs.

And prerendered cutscenes.

is ps2 emulation better than the pc version?
gamecube emulation is also an option for me, i really just want the core game

Forgot about that one.
I nearly shit my pants when I found out about that.
The colmillos always freaked me out.
The hedge maze in the castle was the scariest part for me.
I don't know why either, usually underwater shit like del lago would have me close to tears while dumb shit like wolf and dog monsters typically do nothing to me.

About on par with the original pc version in that it runs fine but kinda looks like ass.
I'd recommend the HD PC version if you can run it. Otherwise probably the GC version emulated, though you'll be giving up some bonus content.

A-are you me?

The colmillos really did use to freak me the fuck out when playing. I dreaded that fucking maze the most.

Having to fight del lago was also one of the worst parts of the games for me considering I have a humongous fear of sharks and can't stand even looking at a picture of one. They're fucking big mouths which are pitch black on the inside always gets to me.

Doesn't help that the only way to beat Del Lago is to look straight into his mouth

Oddly enough del lago did jack shit to scare me.
Though if del lago was just another version of Neptune like embed related I would most certainly have a fear seizure.

The native PC HD version is less demanding than any emulation for that game.and it looks about the same as the Wii version at 3x res.

steam page says it only takes a gtx 560, is that accurate?
thanks in advance

Oh jesus christ that's fucking scary. Noped out of that quickly.

>PC(Ubishit and HD remaster)

Can't help but love the original GC one the best, probably nostalgia goggles.

Fuckin sharks man.
I'm ashamed to try and remember how long it probably took me to get past Neptune in REmake.

Funny thing, I was never scared of Wolverine, the poochers, or even the regenerators, but I become a complete pussy when fucking Leatherface is on the map. I just hear the chainsaw run and BEEP BEEP! BITCH MODE ENGAGED. ENGAGING "HIDE IN THE PAUSE MENU LIKE A PUSSY" PROTOCOL. When I first played this on the Gaycube, and I heard the chainsaw (I never went into the houses during the village fight) I thought he was supposed to be a guy on a motorcycle. I kept zoomed in to the path waiting for the guy on the bike to show up and then the next thing I knew the gardener fucking trimmed my hedge too low. Dying a shitload of times to the chainsaw sluts and the super chainsaw faggot on Mercenaries desensitized me to them somewhat (Fuck you Leon, you are the worst mercenary), but lord knows I still feel my balls shrink back into my body in fear when I see Tom Sawyer Fucking Head Off start moving in. Hearing him swing never failed to give me a surprise incontinence check.

Damn user… Getting flashbacks now.

The nerve of those fucking devs actually slanting the eyes of Neptune slightly to make him look even more evil.

Disappointed he didn't get knocked out of the boat at least once just to see how scary that shit would look.

No idea, I'm more recommending against the old PC version than anything.
It shouldn't be horribly demanding.

Hedge maze is the only part that still gets my heart rate up.

Here's a fun challenge.

Try beating the game using a fightstick!

It's actually more scary playing with it because of how clunky it makes the game feel. (which kinda strengthens survival horror games in my opinion)

RE4 was what forced me to get over my fear of chainsaw enemies actually.
During the mine cart portion of the castle when you had to face two of those faggots in an underground maze full of traps I died so many times during my first playthrough because I kept pissing myself that eventually they made me more angry than scared.
Now chainsaw enemies are the first ones I go for in any game that they happen to be in simply because the sound effects still irritate me to this day.

Did they actually do that?
I never got a close look at the model, I always just registered it as a shark and did everything I could to not let my stomach jump out of my mouth.

Same here, I'm morbidly curious about it.

Same. Although I wish he would've done the water death shooting secret. That would make me have no sleep for the whole night.

That sounds really clumsy and I want to try it.

Oooh I didn't even think of that.

Forgot about that one too.

…I really don't see what's so scary about it.

I really fucking envy you.

Well obviously you don't have a phobia of sharks

pls don't post sharks user

I was really tempted to.

Man you guys really sent me down a rabbit hole of watching random characters fight random Del Lago replacements.

4U
Skip to about a minute in.

Water terror works best when you're given an aspect of scale and the lighting is correct.

But if you've watched the Jaws films you'll know there is something explicitly terrifying about a sharks slow merciless approach, if you've seen that scene where it's shown just barely away from a victim or obscured by water light levels and distance to the bottom, it looks like a monotlith of death is coming for you and you know all too well the implications of how fucked you are when it's around, because it tests the limits of the fight or flight reaction.

Except, you've got almost no chance of a fight, It's a fucking shark, you either stay very still and hope it fucks off and doesn't try to "taste you" or do the drag technique (If you've played the Jaws game then you know what this is) which is pretty much fatal in both cases because tasting leads to you squirming and splashing which in turn makes it chew or do some other dumb respose which more or less gets you killed.

Sharks are on this planet to remind you why man left the seas.

Amusingly, the only repose from this is that sharks are in actual fact, cartoon levels of dumb and everything they do that is violent and terrifying has a surprisingly logical and sound explanation which makes it seem almost saddening to people's fear of them.

Unless they're tiger sharks, which are litrally the mexican indian Pihrahnan bred shitstains of the shark race.

Is that a reference to a monty python sketch or am I overthinking this?

ya nigger 10/10 scare

Really it's just the great white that scares me the most.

Shit like the hammerhead shark looks too goofy for me to be scared of.

Care for more?
I'm really quite impressed at how many model swaps there are.

Could be. Considering how laughable some of the dialogue in the game can be. Almost like the devs did it on purpose

Man, when I say I can't stare at even a picture of a shark; I fucking mean it.

Not saying I'm annoyed at the videos your posting (they're great). But I really REALLY am terrified of even a picture of a shark.

If somebody starts posting shark pics, I'm getting the fuck outta this thread.

At least the second one wasn't a shark, technically.

Sounds bad, user.
Someone post Ito's landshark.

I don't think so.
It's just so cheesy the way that it's written and voiced that it makes you laugh.

Okay guys, never played this game before, but I guess I got the HD version in a bundle some time ago.

Are the controls closer to RE1/2 or RE5?

I know I'm late as fuck with replying to this, but those sound like really fun ideas. Especially the farmhouse siege being replaced with novistadors.
That part was already relatively intense with the slow ass ganados, I can only imagine how fucked it would be with bugs camouflaging themselves and jumping at you while moving fast as shit.

RE5

I've played 0 of them.

What am I missing out on?

I've played the Gamecube version through multiple times. Over 8 times, I think. I've played a bit of the Wii version. That's it, though.

A game series that went from being spooky mansion to punching rocks

All of them, including the iOS version for iPod touch.
Holy fuck was the iOS version atrocious!

One. I bought it in 2004 for GC and haven't touched another version.

A big step forward in what is now one of the most stagnant genres in video games. 12 years later, I'm not sure it would seem like anything special.

Like this?

What is arguably the most solid RE gameplay wise, with plenty of content. Also the basis for a lot of it's clones and imitators like Dead Space.

This sounds really cool, I wonder if there are any mods like this for the new PC version. If they had a NG+ like this in the game my autism for it would have been even worse. 2000+ hours in this game

I've played and beaten the game on
No games cube
Ps2
Original pc release

I don't own the pc rerelease however.

:^)

I don't believe the people who say they played them all. That would be what? Gamecube, PS2, Wii, PC, PS3, 360, PS4, Xbone and I'm probably missing some.

All the original ports of RE4 came from the PS2 version which was missing the gamecubes lighting engine. New steam port is supposed to be a lot better.

It is, but lacks mouse look for turning while moving. You can actually aim with your mouse, and the graphics are nice.
If you end up playing it, I'd recommend modding the film grain out and getting an HD texture pack for the sky boxes and other textures just to smooth it out a bit more. There's a work around if you want to use your mouse to turn while moving as to bipass tank control style, but I was too lazy to use it.

Too cartoony. The real thing is too much for me.

Horrifying, user.

bump

Gamecube, and the old PC version w/ a mod to fix the bullshit.
I love it. This was what led to clover.

GC
PS2
Pre-steam PC
Steam PC
Wii

I haven't finished the Steam version, but so far the Wii version is the best

What did she mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

Leon is a smart man. Whore would've called it rape after the next day. Is Leon a virgin?

Same for me
Has anyone killed pic related without the rocket launcher?

I've been able to a couple of times.

If I remember correctly I think it takes 2 rocket launchers to kill this guy.

Overtime. Webm related.

No, he's described as a man with a weakness towards the fairer sex. At least that's what his bio says in a file in Umbrella Chronicles. He gets around, or at least did. I'm not sure how much pussy he started losing due to Ada being a cocktease though.