Yu-Gi-Oh! thread How many fucking Blue-Eyes are there?

Where to play Yu-Gi-Oh!

For online: YGO
ygopro.co/Downloadmembers.aspx

For story: Tag Force games on PSP
nicoblog.org/psp/yu-gi-oh-arc-v-tag-force-special-jpn/
(Has "We tried to be funny" translation so be warned)

ygorganization.com/

yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Try the OCG banlist to mix things up.
yugioh-card.com/ph/event/rules_guides/forbidden_cardlist.php?list=201604&lang=en

Some decklist
ygorganization.com/category/decklists/ocg-decklist/

How to get better
youtube.com/watch?v=adVDxsmjWIM
youtube.com/watch?v=hcn0JID76n8

Testing cards
youtube.com/watch?v=DTUsLmEg2U8

youtube.com/channel/UCsVykoz6jrElTKyceZXGe5g
youtube.com/channel/UCBN9XqkKuLKPZgFRfZ8-fhA

UPCOMING GAMES

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Duel_Links

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Saikyo Card Battle
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Duel_Monsters_Saikyo_Card_Battle

Other urls found in this thread:

yugioh-card.com/en/events/Generation_Duel_YuGiOh.pdf
yugioh-card.com/en/events/Generation_Duel_GX.pdf
yugioh-card.com/en/events/Generation_Duel_5Ds.pdf
yugioh-card.com/en/events/Generation_Duel_ZEXAL.pdf
yugioh-card.com/en/events/Generation_Duel_ARCV.pdf
twitch.tv/officialyugiohchannel
yugiohtopdecks.com/?filter=Last 3 Months
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28987307
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Windows_software
en.yugiohcardmarket.eu/
youtube.com/watch?v=xUOZ7FqcsZ8
forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?/topic/181392-new-feature-custom-card-images/
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29175823
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Pantheism_of_the_Monarchs
ygopro.co/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here is a video that can help some of you if you don't know what kind of deck to run. Start at 5:10

Why not just use random shit? Haht ahv da cahds and all that?

Yeah, you gotta put your trust in the cards. Just like how you gotta put trust that your post will get dubs, like these right here.

Yes you build a deck then put your haht into it.

Are there still only 3 copies of Blue Eyes White Dragon in the anime canon? Why the fuck is there so much support for it?

whatever happened to this cool guy?

checked
You need to make Ultimate Dragon which is slow now. It's too many resources to make him when there is cards that do a better job.

A general pain in the ass to get out, hopefully they release a "Neo" Blue eyes Shining Dragon that isn't a total dead draw

I went from random machines, to machinas, to TRAINS.
And all have my haht in them.

What a shame

My cybernetic brother.

Apparently there are official banlists for individual generations now.
Classic can only use anything pre-GX, aside from newer normal monsters.
GX can only use anything pre-5D's etc.

Why would you want to play on any of komoney's lists? The "real" ones are made to push product and favor broken cards that need to sell, and the "fun" ones are childish lists that show their lack of understanding for how the game works. When I say I want to play a balanced game, I'm not saying I want to recreate meme duels from the anime, which is what konami's "fun" lists are for. I want the game to be defined around the power level of balanced decks like Glads, GK, scraps, Fire Kings, so people can play the game with the deck they choose for the most part, among the dozens and dozens of decks that can compete on that level, instead of getting a lucky win in occasionally or losing always if they don't play Kozmo, Monarch, Burning Abyss, or any of the broken Pendulum decks.

On a side note, ever thought about using Metaion the timelord? I find that using the other level 10 is inconsistent with exodius, since it requires having ten monsters in your grave, but metaion is cheap and is a good one-card stopgap against a lot of stuff.

Here's the banlist for each generation

Yu-Gi-Oh!: yugioh-card.com/en/events/Generation_Duel_YuGiOh.pdf

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: yugioh-card.com/en/events/Generation_Duel_GX.pdf

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: yugioh-card.com/en/events/Generation_Duel_5Ds.pdf

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL: yugioh-card.com/en/events/Generation_Duel_ZEXAL.pdf

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V: yugioh-card.com/en/events/Generation_Duel_ARCV.pdf

Far as I know you only need one.

I knew they were bad but I didn't know they were THIS bad.

Absolutely terrible lists.

No you fool, you can only play with cards from the banlist era that you pick. A Kozmo player can't play against a Amazoness player. The players need to agree on a list on play under.

Sorry, meant the other timelord, Sephylon

No you fool, I agree that the lists tone down the power creep, but they do so through a method that relies on the false assumption that different era's of the game are completely incompatible in terms of power. It tones down the power creep but also fails to be good lists because numerous fair cards remain hit on each list, restricting what the players are allowed to play, as well as konami's typical "balance" formula playing out with "we'll just hit what card looked the most popular in deck x without actually analyzing how the deck played and WHY it was good".

A truly good list would take all of the cancer decks like Kozmo, E-Drags, TeleDAD, Burning Abyss, etc, and either neuter them with extreme prejudice to play on the level of the rest of the game, or restrict them to their own specific "Ubers" tier where they can only play against each other and are not allowed elsewhere. I don't have a problem of Kozmo playing specifically against amazoness or any other deck, I have a problem that Kozmo are playing at all, at least in the form they represent right now.

That's what these list are for. If you don't like Kozmo, etc, don't play under the Arc V list. If you want to play with "fair" cards play under GX or 5Ds. They made these list for people like you and yet you still cry.

Isn't Monarchs fully working in every banlist?

I'm beginning to think you're a shill at this point. You make the majority of posts in every yugioh thread and defend every bad about the game and what konami does without effort.

Not there new stuff. You can play stuff like frog and ghostrick Monarch.

And you cry every thread. You hate the game so much yet you continue to play it. Either get a new hobby or fuck off filtered.

Nobody plays targeting cards anymore thanks to Kozmo ships.

Some advice for anyone playing the PSP game: Qliphorts are really powerful, but it's a Tag Duel game and the AI has trouble using them. They'll use Summoner's Art to draw their signature monster instead of Qliphort Scout, sometimes they'll put a Scout in both Pendulum Zones, they'll use Scout to draw Saqlifices and equip them all to the same monster, etc.

Thanks for the heads up. I've just been teaming with Crow and spamming Blackwings.

just play apr 2005 "goat format" with other oldfags on DN

>>>/tg/

OK, that's the last straw. No more Qliphort tag duels after this. I'm switching to Stellarknights.

Guys I need a cheap, functional deck that won't piss anybody off. I'm not about to go to a Regional but I don't think I'm in a scene where people would appreciate Chain Burn either.

I was thinking UA.

People are going to be pissed regardless. Wither you're playing one of the new decks, burn, or lock down. Some people just like to cry but, when they win they feel like kings. Just play what you want as long as you enjoy it and have fun. Also U.A.s are fun but a little slow. try mixing them with speedroids for a boost.

U.A, Pure Kaiju, Tellarknight, Domain Monarchs, Sylvan, Deskbots.

Twitch is streaming YCS Origins.

twitch.tv/officialyugiohchannel

I seem to be the only person who enjoyed it, way more fun then the default game.

This. Kaijus are also fun and are surprisingly splash-able in many decks. The most noticalbe one is Yosenju-Kaiju where you tribute your opponent monster for a kaiju and then bounce it back with a yosenju and repeat. I was mad and impressed at the same time

Skeletons been playing them for a long time always been by my side

Domain Monarch mirror on stream.

pics of my locals circa 2012-2013
i miss the days when samurais were the meta

The sad part was they only got on stream because they WEREN'T Extra Deck Monarchs.

That's stupid. Extra deck Monarchs is more exciting to watch. Why would you purposely lose viewers?

Fluffals on stream. Dreams do come true.

And they just lost hard. That was sad to watch.

love the card game and still agree, that game was absolutely excellent, a bit of tuning and interesting application of new card concepts and a sequel would be golden
I'd like to see it mirror another famous war, perhaps one with three factions to fit with the "yugi-kaiba-joey" theme Duelist of the Roses departed from

a good sylvan deck can be anywhere from 40 to 100 dollars depending on how hard you go at it, pretty "cheap" for something currently quite competitive, the core deck and extra deck total to about 30$ if you don't go for the standard felgrand tech/have a felgrand

dino rabbit?
remember when monarchs weren't a force upon themselves, still strong but needed an actual deck behind them?

Gross.

Every time I'm reminded of this game I need to go watch the intro again.
My PS2's lens died ages ago. I should probably get it on PCSX2 again for old-time's sake.

He isn't very good. Maybe as a 1-of tech choice.

Cyber-Stein can bring out Blue-Eyes Ultimate, and Aroma Jar comes to mind as a good way to regain the lost LP. Again, still not a good card.

Not gonna lie, Skull Servants and their five digit beaters look fucking nice.

you do realise that both players don't have to use the same list, right? that's the point, that players can use decks from different eras. I can use my Yata-lock deck while the opponent uses Kozmo, even though Kozmo is Arc-V only and Yata is DM only.

fuck, Kozmo isn't even Arc-V only, its main deck cards are only banned in DM. and Kozmo really don't need their extra deck.

This is definitely the best yugioh game ever made, because it departed from the formula enough for it not to be another card game clone, but kept enough elements of the game for it to be the YGO we all know and love.

So my friend called me up to try and get back into this game on YGOpro, I was in the last thread and asked about a good simple non nekroz deck to get into.
Who ever said new Silent Swordsman deck thank you because this is really fun to use, also made a new dark magician deck which is fun

I love the game when you can actually have a decent deck, but except dragon and fairy you have to grind to have that since the other starting decks are pretty weak especially if your on red side.

Like everyone I know who's beat this game grinded for a pumpkin king of ghosts deck or got carried by aqua dragon.

Wait, what?

So now they don't have a single banlist for all cards, but seperate ones, depending agasinst what deck you play against?

When was this shit introduced?

Best dragons coming through

Cool I like playing dead card games

first one works so well in gem-knights
i see fear in monarch's eyes when i summon him and explain his effect

How do you beat this?

well nobody runs it, so you win by default
but anyways, just summon castel/101

based relinquished

Best girl just got better.

Wait, so instead of trying not to be a bunch of jews who can't resist power creep they decided to isolate the game with multiple banlists?

So now I can't play an oldish deck strengthened by new cards if they fall outside of the generation banlist and I can't play against people using decks with cards from a gen outside of the one I'm playing? Am I understanding that correct?

Who in God's name approved of this?

You have to pick a banlist you want to play under and you will be matched up with people playing under the same banlist. There are 5 banlist and a tourney for each one. They are separated so Kozmo won't play against Heroes with Stratos.

fuck
at least i still have gateway of the six, so i can run samurais

Shit I was wrong

Ok I'm a little scared now.

Actually, that's pretty cool.

Old school fans play with old school fans.
New fans play newest decks.

Only thing is I assume if a new cards are made that fit into older tourney slots- are they allowed? i.e. a new Fusion Monster was released that didn't have ability linked to the later generations, could it be added to a Yu-Gi-Oh 1 Tournament deck?

In a few more days I will have the time to learn the new decks and stuff. I can't wait.

Don't.

I played for the last time less than a year ago. I know how modern YGO is, just not the newest decks.

Sorry I forgot to put it in the op again. Here is the top decks in the past 3 months.
yugiohtopdecks.com/?filter=Last 3 Months

I wasn't really asking, I was just stating that I am going to.

But you were probably just thinking of something to bump with.

Oh sorry.

destruction is literally meaningless now, it's open to a lot of monster effects and fuckery like attack drops, shuffled into deck, or turned into xyz material
even then there's still any tribute cards, such as the Lava cards (Golem and, more versatile, Volcanic Queen).

Hasn't cucknami packincoed this franchises shit up yet? and if not, how long before they will?

speaking of psi-blocker, this is my latest iteration of the Axon Kicker deck
it works consistently and still gets shit on because lol alternate removal conditions and it's fun when it does get the job done, instant fusion abuse with a 5, 4, 3, and plenty of synchrons. the primary psychic synchros of 8, 7, 6, 5, work with any type or archetype, and recycleable materials/useful shit like Dandelion and Quilbolt make it easy to get out 2 or 3, enough to Future Glow the fuck out of my Axon
A bit lacking in removal but Bright Glow recycles/opens up for a Call of the Haunted or Future Glow and gives decent card-draw, Frankenderp is fucking amazing 10/10 who lets you abort your next draw or get it prematurely, and it works with Emergency Teleport even, AND it's level 3. god-tier Psychic support I never touched. Psi-Blocker for Level 6/7 synchros and banish material, so on and so forth

Rabbi Jewart has managed to continuously Jew the modern YGO players into buying more and more cards. The game is going strong, and shows no signs of dying.

Whats the worst/best (Morally,value,etc) trades you guys have ever done?
I have done a lot of fucked up shit. 10+ years ago back in elementary school there was a mentally retarded nigger who literally had a backpack full of cards and he had quite a bit of value, i traded fakes to him for months and eventually got all of his cards.

I stole and traded with an albino nigger who had rich parents who spent hundreds on cards for him every month.
A lot of what I've done is just taking advantage of the retarded, but the worst I've done and the only one i feel bad about was when my close friend pulled a Tour guide on his birthday and him not knowing the value i traded him a $5 elemental hero fusion.
It was a few days after a reprint was announced so not many people knew about it yet so i sold it for later that same day for $85. The guy thought he was getting a great deal because the card was still selling for quite a bit more then that, but as the news of the reprint spread the cards value fell very soon afterwards.

Which part do you feel bad about, scamming your friend which was scummy or selling it to the guy for $85?

Scamming my friend. I don't really care about the other guy his fault for not knowing or even checking.

Yeah that was bad. I think you should give him a tour guide just do you can feel better, even if he doesn't play anymore.

I actually did buy him 2 of a structure deck he wanted some time after that to ease my guilt. I think it was dark world.

checked
It was 5 years ago. I think you can move on.

I have moved on but i still feel bad for doing it.

Did you ever tell your friend? Come clean about it and maybe he'll understand and you'll feel better or not.

That's not really necessary and as i said I'm past it.

I found a Boss duel tournament on niconico if anyone wants to watch. Marik's anime deck is amazingly broken. You need to sign up to watch though. I'll try to webm them.

fair enough

Scratch that. Here is a Winged dragon of Ra deck instead.

holy shit. that's cool.

well despite all their jewry, the closest they've gotten is duel terminals
and the only pachinko feature there is that your rewards are random

if you wanna fuck around with psi-blocker, try the convulse of nature deck

a friend recently gave 5$ and around 5$ worth of commons to a kid for a card of demise
i usually don't get people who want to be jewed that easily

shit, emergency teleport is wrong
use duality and upstart goblin instead

you can also run mist valley falcon to reset sword of revealing light/archfiend's oath

A combo that doesn't show because the video got cut off is: Get Ra out and use his effect giving you 100 LP while it gains the ATK boost. Then use rekindking and SS Red resonator and gain back that LP

Cool, I want to make my own deck with it.

Aliens just got new support. This along with the new gemini archtype is looking pretty nice.

I forgot the deck list.

got a source for the video by any chance? or a decklist even

I stopped playing and doing anything related to Yu Gi Oh after synchro summoning. Is there a way to play online with the old rules, so I don't have to learn about the new gimmicks that were introduced recently?

When you make a lobby on ygo you can chose a banlist or use anime cards

See
Link to video nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28987307

thanks user, ive worked out what most of the cards are, but i havent played in years so i cant tell what the others are by looking at them. any chance theyre written down somewhere?

more specifically its these ones i cant work out

I'd like to watch Yugioh subbed and uncensored. Checking various anime forums and nyaa, I only managed to find a single batch torrent.

Problem is it's 340gb. For obvious reasons, I'd rather have something a bit more compact. Can anyone provide a link?

OK, folks..I'm running a Battlin' Boxer deck with 50 cards (because fuck you that's why)…and here it is. Rate, bully..call me a brain dead fag, help me fix it..you are welcomed to try.

you don't need all the warrior-support cards

2/10, apply yourself.

I had trouble with Neo flamvell hedgehog because the older turners weren't treated as effect monsters but treated in their own category as turners, even though they were same color and had effects.

What the fuck is this? You need a whole post just for you.

Sorry it's Armades not aarmades

Take out

I'll be back in a while to tell you what to add in, but in the mean time look up some videos of the deck and put in a search engine battlin boxers june 2016 to see the recent builds. This deck can be saved.

Ah..that's good to hear. Thanks for helping out.

I took a go at it.

Thank you, user…I could test this against the other deck and see what happens after I hit the hay.

im more worried of the shit you have installed in your poor computer.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Windows_software

10/10

god bless you sir, thank you very much

Hey, user..can you tell what's on the Extra Deck? I can't really make out most of the cards

Why wouldn't you want to piss people off? I won like 5 or 6 locals in a row running opic related and people would get so buttblasted they started siding exclusively against chain burn and such. It felt good.

1x Norden for Instant Fusion and board filling, an extra special summon out of a special summon
1x Utopia Beyond the Hope, Utopia the Lightning, Lightning is a useful beater and boss deleter, Beyond the Hope shouldn't be in there but force of habit had it left in, I should really fix that
1x Dark Rebellion XYZ, game ender and niche beater
1x Utopia for Lightning and attack negation
2x Star Cestus, effect negation and monster retention, 2x Nova Kaiser for big damage and board filling,2x Lead Yoke to protect monsters
2x Excalibur as beaters and walls, potential to OTK
1x Castel and 1x Dire Wolf, removal core and useful support for the deck
Dire Wolf will only ever be used to get rid of set spells/traps that look particularly threatening or things you really don't want back in the deck under any circumstance

This looks nice. Whats the cards in the side deck for? Can you explain what you would side in and why?

Ok I'm back and here's what I've come up with. I haven't tested it yet but, I think it turned out ok. You should try to make a 4 or 5 material Number 86 every duel. He is your new boss monster.

decent job otherwise.

Thanks user..either I need glasses or the pictures a bit unclear but I'm making the deck right now.

So..how many Maxx c should I have?

at least 2, my preference is 3 in most decks.

OK..I tried this deck vs my old deck…the old deck won 2 - 0.

anyone know of any websites where i can just upload a list of cards and how many of each i want of them and it puts them into a cart or something to buy?

only one i can find so far is coolstuffinc

en.yugiohcardmarket.eu/
you list the cards you want, with preferrence or not to which set they're from
then it gives you a list of people you can buy from, and ranks them based on who has most of the cards you want

your starting hand would have needed to be photon thrasher headgear switch-hitter mind control call of the haunted both times or you would have bricked, the easy to summon castel should eliminate lead yokes and open up for removal and re-summons
compositionally, the pic related is a bit outdated to how I tweaked it, though, +1 glassjaw, -1 kage, 1+ headgear, -1 shieldbro

2 dark holes because you need a monster clearer these days but he can take out a dark hole and a sandstorm mirror force for 2 maxx C. He can also take out a Kaiser for the dweller and a strike for the warning. The deck is a little slow and does need to stop things.

Try this with these changes.

Honestly the only deck I consider fair these days.

What's the best gba game to start learning the rules? I don't think I can emulate a psp game on my pc

I played as a kid but I never went too far, and seeing how there's a pokemon showdown equivalent for yugioh I thought I could start learning

you probably can, they run on my toaster just fine

Can you run a DS emulator at least?

modern Yugioh games started with GX Duel Academy, in general.

Maybe it does, I'll try it. I gave up trying to emulate a ps2 game some years ago, didnt even consider trying another console, but my pc is able by far to run them, in theory

Soul silver ran just fine, ds will do. I just thought the best games would be on gba as it is the case on most franchises

I'll try that one as well, thanks

For GBA it's GX duel academy and it's the tag force games on the psp. I haven't really played the ones for Ds because tag force was fun. I recommend starting with tag force 5. It has synchros, and some XYZ but no pendulums then try tag force special. I'm on my phone right now but can someone put up the "How to pendulum summon" video.

I'm really hyped for this deck, chemistry is a cool concept for cards. Any suggestions for this?

traded my shiranui zombies to a friend for lightsworns and yang zings since i've been playing zombies for more than 2 months now and i'm mostly losing with them
did i do good or bad?

Yang zings are a good deck giving their synchro summoned monsters protection. Cards like Supply squad works well with them. Lightswords are good for fun and can make big boards if your oppoent doesn't pat attention. Also it's core is spalshiable in many other decks like shaddolls, Infernoids, chaos dragons. You did ok in my eyes.

HEY user! TELL ME YOUR FAVORITE ARCHETYPE NOW!

six samurai/gem-knight/ancient gear

Cyber dragons, Traptrixs, Infernoids

Kaijus.

Which ones?

GemKnights, Spellcounter wizards, and Pre Mask-change E-Heroes

Dragunities, D-Heroes, Harpies, Fortune Ladies and Naturia

Can you detailed out the cards? I can't really see the picture clearly.

Inzektors
Elemental Dragons
Prophecy
Burning Abyss
Nekroz
Qliphort

Naturia, Skull Servants, Gravekeepers, and Elemental Heroes.

Thanks a bunch, user.

Crystal Beasts.

What's the red monster in the Extra deck?

Qliphort
Nekroz
Cyber Dragons
OLD Monarchs

Different Fucking Dimension

A new card was just announced for Qliphorts.

Kaiju
Yosenju
Tramid

so now we can summon skybase easier. wew. if they unbanned towers, then people might care.

Needs more "A Wild Monster Appears!" and Phoenix Mode. Needs "Name Tag" or w/e that divine searching spell is and a Dark Magician deck engine:

Dark Magic Circle + Archfiend's Oath + King Jack + Mathmatician + Foolish Burial

Everything. I've put way too many years into this game. Been playing since 02'.

Top 3? Dark Magician, BEWD, REBD. Because I've always been a fanboy of the anime and it gets my dick hard to see these archtypes get modernized. I was real sick of watching Yugi beat everyone, EVERYONE, even from newer series and generations with his inferior deck because they gave him banned cards and anime shit. NOW he could viably kick everyone's ass even without Pot of Greed/Graceful Charity/Card of Sanctity/Change of Heart….

That's a jap deck so they have access to more cards than is due to their banlist and I agree with a wild monster appears and True name with card advance (let's you see the top 5 cards of your deck and put them back in any order) but how would a dark Magician engine help? I really want to know because I want to make this my fun deck.

Muh nigga.

Though my favourites are actually the Skull Servants/Wights and the new Shiranui Archetype.

youtube.com/watch?v=xUOZ7FqcsZ8

At least he was in spirit caller.

I just couldn't get into them as, no matter how "accurate" the game was to the real game, I played the vidya version to see the monsters in 3D.

This is what I got so far.

Some cards are great reaction images

How are the different YGOPro versions now? I used to participate in 4/vg/'s Dueling Network General but all I remember is that DevPro was worse than Percival's build for like a year straight.

Somewhat related, how bad is the drama with Dueling Network? Is it bad enough that people who would otherwise prefer DN made the switch to YGOPro?

They put the pictures back up on DN. People like ygo more because it automatic but, I should put DN in the OP because it teaches players about timing, chain links and more importantly card effects. It's also easier to make lobbies with specific rules.

Here is how to get pictures back on DN.
forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?/topic/181392-new-feature-custom-card-images/

I think you misunderstood what I was asking. For a little while, there were three or four competing versions of YGOPro. DNG referred to one of them as Percy and the other as DevPro; the main difference was that DevPro updated faster than Percy, but DevPro had a shit ton of bad rulings because they rushed updates. There was also knowledge of some third version that was somehow worse than DevPro, but people never talked about it.

I don't know about that. I would say that YGOPro shows you what's going on, while DN forces you to learn, and both are important for learning. The big differences between YGOPro and DN are consequences of having your hand held or not.

For the record, "Generation Duel Tournament" is a YCS side event.

I didn't know about that their were other versions. Most people I know just use Devpro or ygo. And I thanks, I didn't really clear up that it was a side even. Also some new cards just got announced.

They need to unban Towers and ==Make Yugioh Great Again!==

Skybase seems good. It's a change of heart and you can Synchro or xyz summon with that monster.

ig2g to work, i'll reply back in the morning. 8 hours.

Updates ripped this apart, so I threw together what else I could remember. The concept is simple: Beat them down with Dark Magician. Mind you, I made this before some of his latest support, but I still wouldn't change much. (assuming those 2 missing cards aren't shit…)

Circle of Dark Magic escavates the top 3 cards of your deck, but when you put them back YOU choose the order. Meaning that, with Rod, it's basically in your deck at 6 and is WAY more useful than Card Advance.

When you do something that let's you see on top of your deck: King Jack; Card Advance; Circle, use Archfiend's Oath to draw an extra card for 500. Gives the deck much needed speed. Extra fun when an Oath searches an Oath. Don't like it? Mill it. Some things even work in the grave, like Jack and the Rods, or Navigation.

Isn't the DM support OCG?

No idea. I only play on YGOPro these days.

Please read the Pendulum effects of any Qliphort monster.

For one, I'd feel bad about playing it. For two, I didn't give Chain Burn a look because I thought the new hotness for them was Card of Demise which is like $20, $25. right now. Though I guess the old Card Car D build is fine.

Trampolynx + Scout = 2 searches per turn, also Synchro/Xyz summons.
Of course, a Qliphort deck can solve most problems by tributing Helixes/Carriers to summon Shells, so you might not actually need Xyz summons. Or Apoqliphorts, for that matter.

checked
The only scale you really need is scout and Monlith if you want to draw but, card of demise and Pot of duality does a better job. And most likely your opponent is hitting your scales or you can pop your own scales. This is the build I'm using and it's doing ok so far.

The monarchs and Kozmo players don't feel bad when they win so why should you?

The new trap makes getting out Skybase or Towers easier. It's searchable by scout also.

Actually, most of the Monarchs players have abandoned their decks on account of just not having fun with it, and the only Kozmo player opted to just run an Honest build with Forerunners instead of something more oppressive. Nobody gives a shit about the BA guys because everyone's been putting up with them for two years and a lot of other decks have access to their bosses Dante and Beatrice anyway.

That said, I might build Chain Burn anyway for the next time some smug new motherfucker wants to come in with a pimped out meta deck thinking they're hot shit. Gonna hold on to your list for that occasion.

Good, fuck em.

finally they're dying off
my club has mostly moved onto BA/kozmo/phantom knights
i'm considering running gem-knights/yang zings

Sorry for your club.

Run gem-knights, they're fucking neato.

i just wanna find kaijus for them first so i still have some stuff against monsters i can't kill

Do kaijus do anything for you besides removal? If you're really focused on kaijus, Graydle Kaiju is really fun and has crazy removal.

removal, + if i summon prismaura/citrine i can make big eye/red eyes
i really just needed them because they're the most certain way of removing monarchs

I made a Gem knight Kaiju last thread for an user. When I get back I'll build it again and post it, if said user doesn't beat me to it. Also get yang zings if you can, a new trap card was just released for them.

i recently traded my zombies for lightsworns+yang zings
this any good? i still need to find supply units and pot of dualities though

holy fuck Yang Zing just got that much more versatile
scariest archetype to date, comparable with Amorphage

also can someone explain how the timing works for the yang zing monsters?
when i play against monarchs, if i use torrential tribute as a chain link to one of the mini-monarch monsters, and destroy my own yang zings, they miss timings, which i assume is because of the chain
but now with this new trap, it's always gonna be at least chain link 2, yet i don't miss the timing

After some testing I realized that if I'm playing Skybase I can't play demise because I would always like it due to demise effect and be out of a boss monster. So I made two separate decks.

Try this version of Gem-knights out.

How the timing works is like this, their destruction needs to be the last thing to happen. If your opponent uses raigeki then chains call of the haunted, the yang zing misses timing.

lose it due to demise effect*

Dark World and Synchron.

Why?

Why not?

bump

The cards in the side and the extra deck are for a full conversion into another deck which is inzektor. Once you win (assuming you do) the first game, the opponent is most likely going to side heavily against chain burn meaning heavy trap, spell and monster effect counters, but you instead you fucking whip out a completely different deck and fuck him up. I suggest siding all of the 15 cards removing most of the damage traps while keeping most of the draw power and and traps/spells to prevent attacks, it all depends on which kind of archetype the opp is running of course. The inzektor relies heavily on equipping the monsters in the graveyard to equip the ones on the field, the best effects are firefly and hornet, also you can take advantage of the fact they're fairly easy to summon to xyz summon some beaters or others with interesting effects depending on the situation.

I just came here to say that ever since Synchro and XYZ summoning, the game is a shit. I don't want five seconds of blitz play, I want a long and drawn out strategy game that gets more tense as you run out of more and more cards.

There's an exquisite torture that comes from testing your mettle over the course of a five to twenty minute match that you just don't get with modern instawin play styles.

Either old school rules, or the card game drools.

I don't think it's a good idea devoting deck space to a play that seems so situational; you either either an unsearchable card (Trampolynx) or need to get rid of your best consistency/recursion/comeback cards (destroying your own scales), you need to get both the trap card AND Skybase (two turns of searching for cards that you can't immediately use).

By the way, is Wavering Eyes no longer worth using in Qliphort? I assume the low monster count and lack of other Pendulum decks aren't very friendly towards it.

This is not at all how Call of the Haunted interacts with Raigeki or with Yang Zings.

This new counter trap negates the activation of a card or effect, which means that the negated effect doesn't count for missing timing. If your counter trap is chain link 2 and there are no other effects being activated or applied, your destroyed Yang Zing will not miss timing because chain link 1 is treated as though it didn't happen. Something to keep an eye out for, negating a card or effect without negating its activation does not treat that effect like it never happened.

As for Monarchs, the card that destroys your Yang Zing monster has to be the last effect on the chain to resolve. This will almost never happen against Monarchs, because all of their abilities activate as soon as they are Summoned and they will have priority to be chain link 1 and your Torrential Tribute will be CL2 or higher.

Two things:
1) You're blaming the wrong thing for the increased speed of the game. There are lots of super shitty Synchro and Xyz Monsters. The problem is that Konami makes increasingly fast themes or splashable cards because power creep is the only way they know to sell new product.

2) You must never have played at a competitive level. TeleDAD and Lightsworns were both incredibly fast compared to their competition before Synchro Summoning was ever a thing. 2012 Dino Rabbit, 2013 Rulers vs Spellbooks, were both very slow formats; Dino Rabbit in terms of turns to win, Rulers vs Spellbooks in terms of how long duels would actually take.

Wavering eyes is banned and I made some changes here With the introduction of the trap card it makes two different decks now. I do agree with you now because I barely used a their monster to xyz with skybase, I'd just attack them with it. Also yeah I messed up on the yang zing timing. Is the green text in my other post correct at least?

God damn, the Yugioh F/L list is such a piece of shit. I was reading the forbidden section but thought I was in the limited section because it's so long now.

You are correct that "When… You can" effects miss timing if their trigger was not the last thing to happen. However, in the specific case of chain link 1 Raigeki then chain link 2 Call of the Haunted targeting a Yang Zing, Raigeki destroying monsters is still the last thing to happen.

checked
Alright. Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyone know where i can find a good quality subbed batch of 5d's?
I thought finding a quality version of the original series and GX was hard but there is only like 2 torrents for it but they are dog shit.

new cubic archetype is positively bizarre, I like it
you get some crazy nasty effects but the main archetype is gated behind its own two "basic" monsters, if there was one more then it'd be brutal even alone
as it is now it seems to operate as a quick fusion one-hit-KO boss monster machine

how? what card effect?

Them japs are pretty funny. Also their cards look so much better than ours. Look at that instant fusion.

What the hell?

Smile, motherfucker.

I love the sisters and how Grace was rooting for Yuya.

Are card games other than Yu-Gi-Oh allowed?
Ladder update when

What game is this?

Hex

tons of fun, liable to not work 3/4 of the time but the last 1/4 is a great time

How and where do you play it?

Yang Zing and Superheavy Samurai each get a new Synchro monster.

What should play for Nats?

Exodia.

Mecha Phantom Beasts.

Miracles do happen.

NEW GLADIATOR BEASTS WHEN?

Anyone?

Sorry in advance for the quality, why is tag dueling so fun?

heart of the cards
it'll be rough, upstart will still be limited, yeah?
there are a few more new draw engines to abuse though

sorry bud, no clue

Yeah it's still limited but just shove all the drawing power you can into it. You can use the blue eyes engine. You play blue eyes with trade ins and white stones with cards of Constance or the Royal magic library.

I run a bewd deck with the new cards from SHVI

you have no idea how good it feels to finally be able to play gem-knights irl again

i envy the gooks, they get the fun banlist and all the new cards

Well you're in luck because Blue-Eyes Alternative Dragon was just confirmed to be coming to TCG when the movie drops.

They also make impossible decks that somehow work. On goybook i joined a few of their pages and the replays are crazy. That's where I found that Flamvell/Phantom of chaos Ra deck.

Bump

Most coming to the TCG this August in TDIL.

Eternal Soul (a very important trap) is coming out in October as a promo card in Legendary Decks II.

Magicians robe just got released in TCG.

I just saw a replay where the person was playing Mystical Refpanel darkworlds vs Blue-eyes. Said player used Allure of Darkness then used refpanel, since the blue-eyes player ran no darks he banished his hand. These japs are too good.

that seems a wee bit too easy to exploit

Here's the link to the video
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29175823

He also has some neat techs using Mystical Beast of Serket and Temple of the Kings, allowing him to use Refpanel the turn it's set.

you couldn't download it instead?

I'll try. I'm shit with webm conversion and the video might get cut off.

new magnet warrior support

Since GX you could summon a monster with 2100 attack on the very first turn.

FROGS MAKING A COME BACK! NICE CARD NERD, IT'S MINE NOW

I haven't tried them yet but, I'm liking the vwxyz support. They work well with Galaxy solider giving you Cyber dragon infinity.

i'm trying out the magnet warriors, they're pretty fun
basically use the new ones to search the old ones and summon them, while sending the new ones to the grave
then tribute the old ones from the field/hand to summon valkyrion, and banish the new ones from the grave to summon the new not-valkyrion

Sorry this is 4u . It's treatoad with Burgesstoma.

This is the Refpanel video. Again it gets cut off.

anyone got any better idea for the magnet warrior deck?
i'd post a decklist, but ygopro converter isn't loading, and i'm too lazy to write it myself

You sleep with the ocean and turn him into a cuck?

What normal, self-respecting human being even plays this shit?

You play Nekroz and banish his ass while also doing what says

Pretty much this guy can only be banished, or send it back to the hand with with something like grand mole.

it's fucking impossible to get decent replays with this, let alone win

Havent played since Konami started pushing Monarchs recently, what changed?

people got tired of monarch/burning abyss mirror matches
literally my entire club is selling their decks now, mostly looking for yang zings/amorphages

What's so bad about burning abyss and Monarch, one of the decks I use uses Burning abyss to have a consistent way to summon this guy by turn 1, is that why people seem to RQ turn one, is it because of the burning abyss cards I have?

i'll repeat
people got tired of monarch/burning abyss mirror matches

What makes them so good that mirrors is so common?

monarchs were cheap fucked up the meta because of domain
burning abyss were lightsworns on steroids
what else do you need?

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Pantheism_of_the_Monarchs

Now look at the OCG Banlist part.

GEE I WONDER

i think it would be better to just limit or outright ban domain
it was the bigger issue for me

The moment the change for field spells happened. The game changed for the worse like usual.

Domain got limited too in the OCG

Why is this allowed?

ocg is a testing ground, they'll do a similar banlist here in the future

My friend told me to play with him on YGOpro since it was free and shown me the new silent Swordsman and Magician cards which temped me, I've been learning about the current state of the game recently and in small tid bits.

tbh one or two dark holes was just fine
they SHOULD bring back heavy storm and get rid of twin twisters though

Twin twisters is dumb, it's a discard and two pops in a metagame where a discard is a VERY POWERFUL THING

not to mention that it's unlimited
i'd rather just face 1 gamechanger that i can more easily prepare for than something that can consistantly fuck up my backrow

What ever happened to having a really cool big boss monsters? Most decks today dont really seem to have them

Because making giant turds with 3000+ ATK and can't be destroyed that are easy to summon is much more viable and makes more money.

I think that's why I dont like most pendulum decks, they all seem to have to same generic extra deck boss monsters like Ignister while stuff like Red dragons has cool shit like Calamity that actually take effort and skill to get out effectively. Generic boss monsters are a true cancer

surprisingly enough that's the best way to run gem-knights right now
dump your mini bosses in your grave, then make a bigass master diamon and let him use their effects from the grave

So uh. I kind of went a bit crazy with my Greed Quasar/Doom Shaman deck idea.

I'm gonna need to cut down a lot of this fat and stick with the gimmick more.

I know, I don't have a extra deck. But if my base deck is already this dumb I need to think about fixing that instead of going for XYZ's straight up.

you don't need the pendulums, one day of piss, ojama trio, probably emergency teleport too

Bringing back Heavy Storm makes Pendulums the top decks with nothing to stop them.

i'm ok with that, aside from draco pals i hardly see them
just run shit like pendulum storm though, i don't see a problem

Fair enough, once I remove the pendulums the Emergency Teleport is removed as well.

Ojama Trio is for Greed Quasar Fodder but it's not a bad idea to toss them, One day of Peace I'm slightly reluctant to let go of due to the very clutch situations it can save you in with the opponent not being able to damage you at all, but then again it also allows them to set up.

Deck's still fat though.

check em

Feels really bad man. I just finished a six sam deck, only for Konami to ban gateway of the six. I think that was the point when I stopped buying physical cards and just played dueling network when it was still around. But YGO sounds pretty cool.

Because It's selling. KoA is killing this game slowly.

My nigger. I found a RDA deck that looks balanced instead of just getting Bane out and passing.

Mtg is better tho

Found it.

I'd go to locals but since it's been years since i last played physical all of my decks are far behind as a result of power creep or the banlist.

I love me some card games

i'm trying out gem-knight lightsworns
so far this is the most consistent version of gem-knight's i've run
any ideas on the build?

fuck, wrong replay

ah fuck me, my toaster can't record if it's life depended on it

Both ygopro and dueling network are dead, devpro is most likely next.
ygopro.co/

ygopro and devpro will likely stick around but updating will become a hassle and servers are most likely gonna close.

FUCK

DevPro is fucking garbage and I'd rather not play Yugioh at all than only play Yugioh on DevPro.

I've only ever used ygopro myself so i can't comment on the quality of devpro.

RIP

4/vg/'s Yugioh thread used to have pretty regular horror stories about DevPro. One dude complained once or twice a week for 4-5 weeks straight that Effect Veiler didn't work on Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear, we had a webm of the game using OCG rules for destruction substitution instead of TCG rules. The worst one for me is that I was dueling a friend and he used Inzektor Gigamantis wrong; his reasoning was "DevPro lets me do it." He accepted my explanation of why it was wrong, but I don't trust DevPro for shit.

That's pretty fair, it sounds horrid.

WRYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
FUCKING KILL ME

Guess Jewnami wants to kill any competition should the rumors be true and they want to get their own online yugioh game out.

That's just what I remember the most. Someone would have a valid complaint about DevPro every 6-8 weeks for ~6 months. I don't know if it's gotten better, but I'm not willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Using OCG rulings instead of TCG rulings is forgiveable, but the Gigamantis thing went against the fundamentals of how Equip cards work in Yugioh.

It wasn't konami, it was the shitty anime company

Really?
But why?

I would get it if it was Jewnami in fear of losing money in some magical way.
But why would the anime company want them to shut down?
Unless they work on Jewnamis behalf.

They've already tried and failed with one or two online Yugioh games. Pic related.

The anime company is supposedly overprotective of their IPs. Allegedly, the reason that it took so long for Shooting Quasar Dragon to leave Asia/US and for Giant Hand to leave Asia is that the anime company owned the rights and wouldn't let Konami distribute the cards.

IDK email the Dueling Network owner about it, same thing happened to them too which is why all the cards are blank now.

so what are alternatives to ygopro now?

well, duel arena was horribly jewish and insanely slow compared to ygopro. it's no wonder it failed

$1000 and a lot of forethought

i mean digital ones
i'm already stuck in the konami rabbithole

You can use DevPro, which used to be full of shit (idk how it is now), or you can use the Kaiba Corp/Dawn of a New Era version of YGOPro which was even worse than DevPro.

We can still use it they just can't host it on their site and we don't know the future of updates and the servers.
In all likely-hood it will continue to be updated, whether by them or another less caring group. Remember this is the internet and the internet always finds a way.

Are the fucking cucks really going to shut down Percy just because Konami told them so or are they going to continue updating and just provide links to the game through other ways? Fucking Konami, I swear. Even DN is down. DevPro is probably just a matter of time. Is the golden age over?

Yugioh has been coming apart at the seams since the adjusted list destroyed PePe. The previous Forbidden/Limited list was a lot harsher than usual, and trying to dismantle an entire deck between F/L lists was completely unprecedented. My LGS doesn't even carry high-value Yugioh singles anymore.

user, the golden age died years ago

I don't want to go back to Beyond YGO. Though Konami would probably shut down even that if it becomes popular.

What the fuck? It's not enough that card prices spike or stay high valued which makes some decks fight an even more uphill battle but, now we can't even test decks out before investing money into them? How did the jews get into power and how can we take it back?

Are there any 3ds/gb/gba yughio games that are just the basic card game and are good for a beginner to learn? Like the pokemon trading card game for gb?

that PSP one in the OP is good
Championship 2006 is good for GX era learning

i'm starting to like gemsworns
satellars could probably have won if they ran more traps istead of speedroids though

This hurts me to watch