==KOFXIV Problem, and Extention, Fighting Game Genre Problem==

As excited as I am for KOFXIV to come out, I hate the fact that they always have this mentality of Adding in OC characters in a game that was meant to be a crossover of SNK characters into one game and they can't manage to add in actual characters from old SNK games because of their epic storylines. They add in characters like Sylvie, Xanadu, and which look like overdesigned trash who will go the way of ash crimson once the saga is over and they'll start up again and add in more characters no one wants in order to "fit with the times" or "it reminds me of my idol fantasies!".

I can think of 15 other characters they can put in
But instead the SNK boardroom looked at a drugged out cultist and went "Yes this is perfect". They looked at dre beats, one leg rolled up for no reason, coat stapled on the shoulder, spikey hair guy with edge master hands complete with troubled past and went "this is the in thing right now!! NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE". They look at crazy overdesigned chick with giant clown boots, giant eyeballs, like she just fucking murdered a cereal box mascot and wore its skin and they say "THIS IS THE WORK OF A GENIUS!!". They take a look At yamazaki and blue mary and go "well if you look at the gameplay, they are too slow and their style will never fit into the games even though we rearrange movesets for old characters all the time…nope nope NOPE CANT BE DONE". It screams bullshit.

And for SFV. why do we have to wait on Sodom, Eagle, Maki, Necro, Remi, and Q getting in because of "muh story", but Zangief gets in the roster just fine and no one will question it even though he has jack shit to do with the story and how they kill bison or resurrection shit.

The fighting genre that focuses so much on gameplay seems to handicap itself of a good roster with the reasoning of telling a story, which will be shit anyway, which is just shit overall.

user, I understand where you're coming from, but you'll probably have to wait for a dream match before that happens.

Rock can't be in KoF unless it's a dream match because he's a toddler in that timeline.

Ryo is much older than Terry if we are going by cannon timeline but they magically get in everytime with no problem. Nakoruru is in even though she is in the past and is probably 100s of years older than everyone else there.

Don't you see how detemining a roster by "muh cannon" and "muh story" is bullshit if the whole purpose of KOF is a crossover of SNK characters and they cant do that anymore.

That never gets old.

They're not producing new games that warrant crossovers in the first place. I think their OC characters are there to fill that void, and I don't mean that as a good thing either. I was hoping they would add as many returning characters as possible and maybe 1-3 OCs for this game but oh well.

doesn't stop athena or ikari warriors from appearing each time. It didn't stop nakoruru or tung fu re from making it in. Why is this a requirement for other SNK IPs?
Once again as I did in the op I can name 15 SNK characters off the top of my head that they could have put in but didn't. If I can do it why the hell can't SNK.
now I'm starting to lose names

this comment was meant for that quote

No thanks

Want to know how i know you're a twelve year old redditor?

TL;DR

Nigger, if I can manage to quietly wait for my waifu to get into SFV, then you shouldn't have a problem. Saging this shit thread.

nice try but my mains are already in KOFXIV. Can you name them since you already know so much about me?

After the june delay you're confinence that Juri will come out fine with no problems is admirable.

Just because you can wait for a waifu doesn't dissuade or disprove my argument of the bullshit of basing roster decisions on their weak fighting game stories.

giving you a bump nigga

But there was a dream match user.

JUNKOFAG NO FAGGING!
JUNKOFAG NO FAGGING!
JUNKOFAG NO FAGGING!
I don't agree with him. For me KOF stopped being a mainly crossover game after '99. I use Chang in every game possible and i plan to use Hein in XIV but come the fuck on. There must be a limit to how hard can you project yourself into every situation you see.

I fucked up. Meant Jurifag.

KoF still looks like an ugly PS2 game with each update.

If they followed through the actual time line Ryo, Robert, and Yuri would be 50 while Mai would be 30. Japan hates older women in fighting games for some reason.

I can let Nakoruru, the Ikaris, and Athena slip by, since they were remade for KoF with references to their games. I like how Ralf and Clark are like 50-something, yet still have 20-something year-old bodies.

The thing is these OCs flat out suck, and reached Falcoon levels of bad.

More like a Nightmare Match from Hell nobody wanted.

I dont know about you guys, but fighting games would get pretty boring if it was the same 16-30 characters in every single game.

neither of you niggers know the pain this wait is causing me

At least your main is confirmed.

Shit, if my main wasnt confirmed I wouldnt be out $60

I think you have the better end of the stick here, personally.

That's what I'm saying (or at least try to say). That cannon gets completely ignored so they can get in but other SNK IPs just can't get in "just cause" anymore without a time potal demension story plot.

but not having any of the characters in for the past two games, since '02, or not at all because of story is still bullshit

I would have had sympathy for you but you acted like a nigga, dogged me for wanting old characters back, and then cried about how you have to wait a few months for your waifu to get back in SF.

You misunderstand, Im not dogging you for wanting old characters to come back, Im dogging you because you seem to actively want new characters to be left out of a game, even if they are story important. an idea that hits home for me, because if more people felt this way, Juri would've never happenedinb4 "nothing of value was lost :^)"

I may be the oddball here, in fact Im pretty sure I am, but I enjoy having a story to go along with my fighting games and that was really the only reason I played MKX seeing as Ive never really liked MK.

It wasn't that bad with Tekken because they made a few new characters with the old ones. There's also a bad way of removing a roster people are familiar with (see Samurai Shodown 3, SF3, Soul Calibur 5, AoF3 even though no one gave two fucks about AoF, and initially Tekken 3). People were like, "wtf?!" when they saw Samurai Shodown 3 and SF3's roster (Chun Li fans were disappointed until Third Strike came out), and only one of them had likeable characters (answer: Not SS3 because every new character they made for SS sucked after 2). We all know how SC5 turned out (shit game with shitty ocs).

How the fuck do you think I feel when I hear Tekken 7 news only to find out some gimmicky piece of shit vampire bitch no one used in her respective Tekken game and some fat broken faggot (Bob) will be in Tekken 7 over Kuma and Anna!? I miss my fucking bear.

In his defense, Juri is pretty cool.

I don't think KoF regulations allow firearms unless you're a canadian robot.

AoF is my favorite SNK series. Kasumi has been my waifu for 2 decades

I'd like to see Hugo come back, but after knowing how Ono ruined him in Ultra and SFV being a clusterfuck piece of shit, I hope they never add him. Poor bastard suffered enough.

You have my pity (I liked Jack and King).

q is already in the game tho

How did they ruin Hugo anyway?

thats the right way to do it imo.
See, there's a right way to do that too, I didnt mind when SF3 did it because they had just enough characters we recognized to see it was still a SF game, but there were so many new and interesting characters that you couldnt help but be interested (I.E. Oro, Q, Necro, ect.) But doing it like SC5 is retarded. Removing half the cast in favor of younger versions with fighting styles that are near identical, then take out the rest and basically make them different variations of Mokujin is the epitome of idiotic and it may have killed Soul Calibur.

I do do that a bit in my OP and Juri is a cool character. But there still is the point in my argument how old characters people like just can't comeback for reasons because of story and it is egregious to think otherwise.

I would also say Juri is more of a fit into SF than sylvie, xanadu, and shunei are a fit for KOF, but with the amount of OC characters coming in that's not much of the case anymore.

His model was just ripped off of SFxT with SF4 textures, and he was a permanent shit-tier. In Ultra's initial release, a lot of his moves had whiff and hit-box issues.

Daigo tried to make him look good, but all the Japanese players pitied him, saying Hugo matches free wins. Despite updates, Hugo is still in the garbage tier. If you wanted a grappler that didn't suck as hard as Hugo, pick Gief or T. Hawk.

Sf3's cast was likable even if you knew little or nothing about them.

Tekken started to screw this up because all of their new characters were botched up or "soulless" past 4. There's no reason to like or use any of the new characters from 6 and 7 unless they're top tiers (Shaheen from 7 and that fat broken faggot Bob from 6 and Tag 2).

Ravel, Miguel, Leo, and Zagina looked cool, but unless you found some translated source about their stories, they looked so poorly fleshed out. There's nothing behind Josie, Chloe, Lili*, Asuka*, and Katarina out of attracting new players and weeabos.

*Okay, Lili and Asuka might have been fleshed out, but it still sucked compared to an established character like King and the Mishimas.

I get that point, but I always like seeing new characters. So long as they're interesting and look like they fit in with the rest of the cast design-wise. Which I think Xanadu is the only one who really does of those you listed. Sylvie a shit and Shunei looks like a faggot

yeah, the newcomers to T7 are pretty lack-luster imo. Chloe's obnoxious, Josie is meh, and Shaheen is le ebin terrorist v0.5 to Rashid's v2.0. The only one who looks even remotely interesting in 7 is Gigas or whatever his name is. And lets not forget Asuka and Lili who may as well be Sakura and Karin with a little more lesbian undertones.

>tfw Xanadu making his rape face

It's still tame compared to whatever Falcoon shits out. And like Jurifag over there my raging boner for Kyary wants me to main her :^)

pre-update Ultra Hugo was trash. He had at least 3 different 10-0 matchups because of hitbox fuckery Sagat and Juri just to name two of them There really was no reason at all to play him until they fixed his hitboxes.

Xanadu is cool imo, but Sylvie looks like she got dressed in the dark. Her costume is so busy visually that it hurts my eyes.

I don't get the hate for Xanadu, he feels like a scrapped metal slug character

Xanadu has a pretty cool and unexpected moveset, but Sylvie looks like a discount Athena with electric powers.

Gigas is just as soulless as the rest of the new T7 characters, and he is even worse than Chloe in tiers. At least Josie is good, and is more or less Bruce with tits and a copied SC5 rage art.

Post-update Hugo is still trash.

It's funny how one is bullshit good (Shaheen) and the other is pure shit (Rashid).

Im not denying that. Thiey did fix some of his "unwinnable" matchups simply by making it so Sagat and Juri's fireballs went through his head when he crouched.

Despite the robots and animals, I've always felt part of Tekken's charm was having characters that represented a real life martial art (even if juiced up) and even some similarity to figures from other media (usually films) but starting with 6, they just started churning crap; you got characters whose fighting styles are "not having a fighting style", "being fat" and "anime bullshit". 7 ups the retard ante by replacing veterans with titty Bruce, BIGGUY4U , [email protected]/* */, sluttier Christie, a custom character from Soulcalibur 3 and the religion of peace.
As a Voldo player I like Zafina but, bias aside, IMHO Dragunov was the last good Tekken character.

Reminds me of a cross between Debilitas from Haunting Ground and Rasputin from World Heroes. I was already expecting him to be "out there" but didn't think they'd go with a savage manchild, especially when he was first described as "charismatic".

Sylvie is inspired by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu so her being a affront to the eyes is almost mandatory to make the reference justice.
I like her for the back walk animation alone; it's the kinda silliness from the 2D games that usually doesn't make it to the 3D ones.

What.

Why another thread? Anyway, just answered you in
As for SFV, they won't add Necro over Dhalsim, Q over Balrog and Remy over Charlie/Guile because Capcom consider SFIII a failure and want to distance itself as most as possible.

SFII characters are the legacy and it'll be shoehorned in every Street Fighter game for now on.

I beg to differ, SCV is the first SoulCalibur that can be called good since SoulCaliburII. Removed the stats customization bullshit and fatalities after guard break from SCIV and the retarded gameplay from SCIII. While the meter management is controversial, at least they toned down the Guard Impact mechanic that at high level gameplay becomes a GIbait game. People complain abou muh Taki and muh Talim but it was Namco who told Daishi to release basically 1/3 of the game intended because Tekken Tag Tournament2 was right in the corner. Story mode and characters were compromised (the reason Kilik and not-Sophitia being edgemasters). What killed the franchise was pulling the plug on the DLC of SCV and releasing a free to play single player only borefest instead of the promised characters and complete the single player modes like the Story.

I like Patroklos being an idiot and Pyrrha gets better at the end of the Story Mode. Natsu is a better character than the "muh master" Taki. Sophitia in III and IV was pants on head retarded and I'm glad she's dead/evil spirit using her form.

Again, she's supposed to be a clusterfuck since the actual person she's based off of wears this kind of stuff in her videos.

Maybe that's why Chang and Choi joined him. He doesn't look like an influential person, but maybe the story mode sheds some light on him.

How so? It's better than most of the other street fighter games.

Well Xanadu kinda looks like a cult leader.

So, she's supposed to be an eyesore? Whatever keeps your watercraft afloat, friends.

Then why are they putting in Urien and Alex

and why can't others since they are known and loved. If say ken and guile shouldn't be in the game because we already have a shoto and a sonic boom man , I would be told to fuck off quite easily but I say Q can't come in because balrog has a similar moveset my statment has much more merit? I think that line of thinking is bullshit. and besides SFIV had tons of shotos and I'm guessing SFV might get E.Ryu and sean, why can't there be three sonic boom men with Remi.

Maybe he is incompetent but manages to be successful on luck alone. like buggy the clown

Patroklos was great untill he turned into Setsuka mid way through the story. He was like how I pictured a male version of Cassandra playing.

That being said, I didnt so much mind that most of the old characters were replaced with younger versions but removing Talim and Zasalamel and replacing them with 3 different Mokujin's was fucking idiotic.

Im pretty sure its the opposite man. 3S revived Street Fighter in many ways and Capcom knows it. Initially, the sales werent great, sure. But you have to remember, that was coming off of Capcom's over-saturation of the fighting game market by releasing a new game every six months. After webm related, 3S exploded.

What was the point of NeoGeo Battle Coliseum existing if KOF was already a crossover fighter and the latest KOF at the time was a tag-team game?

Think of NGBC as the Capcom Fighting Jam of SNK. Franchises that would make no sense fitting in the KOF universe are given a free pass this time (King of the Monsters, Savage Reign, World Heroes for example) and of course the two OCs which are homages to their legacy.
Also the story basically being a "fuck you" to piracy, complete with the sub-boss being a bootleg Orochi is hilarious

But Maxima has been confirmed for months

Give the sprites purposefully made for SvCC another go so they don't "rot" after one game.
And probably try making a wackier crossover fighter since, MI aside, KoF likely will never have characters from Metal Slug, World Heroes, etc etc ninja'd by

All of team K' is pretty good, personally.

I see King of the Monsters being much But I don't see how some characters from Savage Reign and World Heroes are too much while characters like Xanadu and Sylvie get in. Shit, Choi and Chang's personality is as goofy as those characters too but they've been in for a long time.

That's a good one

Wasn't Maxima actually a cyborg or am I rememering things wrong?

Leona's already confirmed user.

Leona's not even the best character in her own team, i'll give you a hint: Im gonna wreck it

fixed that for you buddy

Savage Reign happens pretty much in the future, World Heroes involves time traveling as well. While clones, robots and mythology are part of the franchise, for some reason they think time-traveling might be too farfetched unless the leaks about the final boss prove themselves true

that Leona lacks abs.

This is the future you chose, user.

I think you would be having problems with every iteration of leona in that case

Nah fam.

SFV, gameplay-wise is fun. The issue it has is with the lack of content, which will straighten itself out in a few months. checking those trips though

A character's appearance in a game doesn't indicate quality. If that were the case then Q would be one of the worst characters in street fighter.

The GI system was what ruined it for some players as well as the shitty characters.

New Generation was considered mediocre at best because aside from Dudley, Sean, Alex, and Ibuki, no one liked the rest of the new cast. People were missing characters like Chun and Cammy. Also, Gill is pure bullshit in NG. 2nd Impact was a little better, but not by much (Gill was more beatable).

They're some of the most popular characrters from 3S besides Chun-Li, Ibuki, and Dudley (The West loves Alex). No one gives a shit about the rest of the cast like Twelve and Remy.

3S revived SF3, but also made the fgc a toxic shit-hole with its elite autism. The community killed its revival with its autism and bullshit.

NGBC's roster was pretty stupid, but not as bad and half-assed as Capcom Fighting Jam's.

Capcom doesn't have a few months especially knowing they shot themselves in the foot with the statement that they purposely added an input delay in the offline mode. This game is pretty fucked unless Capcom pulls a Hail Mary.

They've been 0-I lost count of their fucks ups with SFV so far.

Like I said, unfinished game because of Namco. The company just doesn't care for the franchise or its fans.

I didn't mind Patroklos turning out to be Setsuka's apprentice. But he mellow out to become a more traditional MC with an imouto rather than be the "I'll kill you because you're a malfested even if there's no way to prove your situation" shenanigans of the begining that I prefered. And besides, him giving up the sword&shield playstyle gave me hope that Cassandra would come out of her dimensional limbo in the next game or DLC (I had hope).

GI system is retarded in III and IV. SCV was the SoulCalibur with the longest competitive life. You could argue the direction of the franchise towards to be more combo focused and with super moves wasn't well recieved. But even Tekken has super moves now.

Ono already said they don't want another release like SFIII had and every time the game is mentioned, is all about its mistakes and some popular characters.

It IS the best Street Fighter game. It has many problems and a revision would be like a dream come true but sadly, it'll never happen.

Try playing Alex in SFV and in SFIII then tell me how they are alike(all his costumes looks retarded). Same thing about Ibuki in SFV like I said earlier. Urien is another that they'll change since a character that relied the most on charge partitioning won't transition well in the SFV system. Also the defense in SFV works different than in 3rdStrike so don't expect Aegis Reflector setups if the super move is even in the game at all. And that's not even entering on the appearence with clothes when he was supposed to represent a greek god looking to beat you in the most brutal way.

The ones loved are Ibuki, Dudley, Makoto, Elena and maybe Q. The rest are simply not as popular as those five. Many people claimed for Alex to be included just for Capcom put him in a shitty way and so barely anyone play with him except for being a "not as shit as Zangief". Besides, Capcom said SFV won't have characters with similar concept. The world warriors get a special treatment even if some of them don't make any sense like Zangief having the same appearence in every game in the span of 20 years.
Akuma and Sagat are being hold to be sold as DLC after everybody spent their precious FM and will be forced to spend money in them.

Of course it is.

IKARI TEAM MEMBER POWER RANKINGS
1. Heidern
2. Clark
POWER GAP
3.Ralf
4.Leona
POWER GAP
5.Shit
6.Whip

Does it have something to do with that cock in your mouth?

Ono's original intention with SF4: AE was to make it as close to 3S's gameplay as possible. Unfortunately, all he did was apply the things wrong with 3S to AE (awful balance, Twins).

There were reasons why AE was called Hong Kong Edition or Twins Edition, and it needed a drastic update.

I don't think anyone really liked Elena, and only a few neckbeard otakus like Q. I rolled my eyes when people bitched about Sean during Laura's reveal because no one used him in 3S out of casual games (Every dipshit I talked to used SI as an excuse to cry about him because he was great in SI).

"I liked Twelve/Ono/Remy/Necro, and wished said character was in SFV," said no one who wasn't a nostalgia faggot. I know I said it before, but I really hate the fgc.

Im not saying its a perfect game, and the input delay absolutely needs to be addressed, but Im saying once it fleshes-out after all the DLC and updates it will pick up. That is, if they make the right choice and fix the input delay.

I really want SFV to be awesome, but Capcom has a bad habit of shooting itself in the foot. I doubt they will fix the input delay because they'll spend more time milking the fuck out of the fgc with more disc-locked shit and potential microtransactions.

My faith in Capcom died a while ago.

Oh believe me, my faith in Capcom is a long distant memory at this point. My waifu is the only reason Ive stuck around this long

Those would be the least popular but if Remy is not getting in because too many similar movesets then I have a problem with that reasoning.

They did shit the bed when putting alex in SFV but doesn't that prove how you don't need a story reason to put a character in a fighting game and only because they're good fighting game characters? SFV does a bad job at that but it's nice that they put him in.

Put Oro in there and that's me, on the pretext that they model him right and give him his moves, which at this point is a pipe dream. I'm not the best at 3 but I main him and use him every time in fightcade.

the DLC is not stopping

on topic: Gotta have old with new.

Be to fair, ALL the ported SFxT characters has hitbox issues. If Poison ducked at the right time, she can't be swept. C-team was doing Usf4 while A-team was on SFV

SF3 was a financial failure.
* New characters
* Parrying and KOF-style hops/jumps, too technical
* Expensive to make, sprites for 60fps
* No arcade-perfect console release
You can argue which factor was more influential but the combo of all the them KOed SF3

Shit Satan, I'd love to have a Rin Nakai-esque girl in KoF. Something like the "sweet giant girl" counterpart to the mischievous Angel.

I meant to use Oro, but I made a typo. He was nifty, but no one is really crying for him in SFV compared to Juri, Dudley, Sakura, and Akuma.

How do you make Remy different without ruining him?

I hope your waifu won't suffer the same fate as Alex, Guile, Ibuki, and Boxer (get jipped out of their releases like Inuki/Boxer, or be bottom or shit-tier like Guile and Alex)

Poison and Decapre were the only ones who survived the port (At least Poison for the most part). They were the only two characters out of the new ones that were playable until the update fixed the hitboxes (Then people found out about Rolento's faggotry).