Normal is too easy

Git gud, you fag.

Stop being a whiny casual and take hard difficulty like a man.

That's how most games work isn't it?

Doesn't mean it's not bad.

Hard should be about the player fighting progressively harder tactics, not just shooting more bullets or punching more times. STALKER had it right, FEAR had it somewhat right, and Thief even managed it alright for 1997.

You mean the hit percentage? Nigga that is the single most retarded and nonsensical difficulty setting ever conceived, it makes absolutely zero sense to play the game on anything but master regardless of how casual you are, lowering the difficulty straight out broke the game in the shittiest way possible.

why

Normal is almost the same as easy m8. Once you can get to sector 8 consistently on easy, you can do it on normal.

It's the flagship that is the bitch.

the Raidou Kuzunoha games were really bad about this
if anyone in this thread decides to play them, please for the love of fuck use an AR code or some shit to unlock Devil/King mode for your first playthrough

This is why modern games are shit. Devs need to design the game around the hardest difficulty and then have everything lower be the same game but scaled down, instead of the other way around. If there are unlockable higher difficulties, the need to be remixed areas/enemy placement/more aggressive AI/etc. instead of just bloat. Metal Gear Rising is the most recent game I've seen that does actually this properly.

I don't know if games are too easy now or I'm just that good at this

games are much easier now

Dragon age origins did this right. the harder difficulties the enemies would employ new strategies instead of just becoming damage sponges.

this game on the higher up difficulties was actually fun, too bad it will never get the recognition or respect for that due to the horrible company and sequels.

Japanese are more cancerous than you think.

thank you based Treasure

kill yourself you fucking casual. name ONE game that's genuinely too hard instead of tedious, broken or actually impossible

Guess game

Isn't the only difference between normal and easy the scrap rewards? Never bothered playing on easy because if figured it would fuck up my actual skill progression, but again, I never killed the flagship.

Scrap rewards are less on normal, and ships are more likely to have better equipment on any given sector.

But again, it doesn't make much of a difference. For the flagship, just get level 3 cloaking with at least 20 missiles.

stalker

correct

Holla Forums never shuts the fuck up about stalker and it finally got to me.

If i wanted to get into stalker, how do i start?
What is the funnest way to play the game?

When will this meme die?

Fuck windows

Strap one of those little bead vibrators to your to your groin and play the game with it on constantly.

Fucking hate this

Pretty much this

Fucking bullshit.
Guess the game.

setting the difficulty to highest improves enemy aim, but it also improves your aim
so the better you are at quick aiming, the easier it becomes on harder difficulties

I recommend the first one (Shadow Over Chernobyl) and at least the first expansion (Call of Pripyat).
The second expansion, Clear Sky, isn't liked by many though I don't know why (haven't gotten around to it yet)

there are various mods available that do everything from heightening the atmosphere to improving the AI, but I've only played vanilla

Oh it looks like someone here knows how to have fun!

Ill try that sometime user.
No promises

sounds like Halor

Ok anons thanks for the insight.

I hope i get the time to play the game soon.

>Fortunate son starts playing

user it's called "It ain't me"

They say that Alexander the Great wept when there was nothing left to conquer. It's bullshit, but I believe it.

fuck rocket knights adventures

I know charge blades are OP but this is ridiculous. Though having played the same series for thousands of hours over the years since the PS2, it sort of makes sense.

It's actually bothering me at this point. Monster Hunter games have become trivial and none of the fights feel challenging in the slightest, which was most of the fun.

I am still excited though for generations since the new class is to play as a felyne. I just hope no cringy memes get in since the translator is some SJW who likes memes.

Platinum does difficulty very well. Harder difficulties have more enemies that use different AI, and forces you to use different tictacs to be able to dodge one enemy while attacking another

Every fucking SMT game. Goddammit.

this

Fuck you Subnautica, all I want is for the sea of ayys to be an actual goddamn threat to me, beyond jumpscare monsters that won't even kill you 90% of the time, unless you intentionally ram your ship into their asses for 5 minutes until their AI resets and they're allowed to spoop you again.

Is there a fast-paced, permadeath mod for Mount and Blade?

Are you a casual? If not, all it means is that you got gud. Holla Forumsirgins tend to think that even publicly-known "Nintendo Hard" games are tricky, at worst. The reality is that we've been perfecting skills which carry from game to game for decades.

**G I T
U
D**

its why you never see webms of godhand
because we're all casual faggots

No, as in they're Very Easy, Easy, and Medium in the game's data.

There's truth to this. Whenever I try a new genre, I have to flounder about for a few days before I get the hang of it. And even then, I'm only just passable. It takes a long time before I get as good in the new genre as I am in a genre I'm used to.

That being said, back in the day "just passable" meant I wasn't beating the game. Now it just means I'll lose a bunch in whatever multiplayer mode is inevitably shoehorned in.

Holy shit do you legitimate brain problems

It's all a bit samey until the mid-endgame
Tales of Maj'Eyal

Nah, Thief:

Fucking nuDoom.

God damn. Which game?

Yup. However, every game, even in a new genre, does have some skills which carry, no matter what. Reaction times, object tracking, pattern recognition, and so on, are consistent skills among almost all games.

It's pretty obvious when it carries to genres that you're familiar with. I rolled Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts for the Retro Vidya Gauntlet, which is "One of The Hardest Games of All Time.™" Platformers are my shit, so while I wasn't able to beat it in one sitting, since I have a job, I still completed it with time to spare. It was definitely a cut above, but once you get the movement down, it just becomes a matter of determination. The bullshit "beat it twice" padding was still stupid, though. And fuck the penultimate boss.

That just makes it hardcore fam, I bet you're some hipster who just pretends to like older games for hipster cred. :^)

Fucking Doom.

Is this a meme or something? Nightmare wasn't even that hard as long as you know how to dodge.

Fuck you Dragon's Dogma

Try UV -fast.

That said I don't mind locked difficulty settings, allows for some replayability

However, if you somehow lost your save, it's only detrimental, but this could be fixed with a code or something probably

gitgud

Perfect time to git gud

There are so many things I could go on to list, but the basis of it is that a game's difficulty no longer ties in with thought out changes to mechanics, rewarding player attention to detail and experience with the game teaching them prioritization and of course to cheese it if they get desparate because it gives them a sense of survival and urgency, Game difficulty is often just an adjustment to enemy health, damage output to the playe r(yet not things like party memebers or anything that would require input and effort.)

You see, game difficulty in the past used to be on par with today's Mods that can tweak games to give entirly different experiences to the vanilla game, just with some variables here and there.

Some games truly never needed this because challenge factor was high enough, or the game had something that no matter what, can and would fuck the player over in any run given in a non lazy cheese cheap way AKA Casual filters.

>The only achievement on the game is for S ranking all levels. Dustforce
—————————————————————–
>Hardest mode lets you save only 3 times through the game Dead Space 2

>>Hardest mode lets you save only 3 times through the game Dead Space 2
I remember beating that difficulty mode. It was the most fun I could ever remember having playing a singleplayer survival horror game. The satisfaction when I finally made it was immense.

>first time playing it, usually spend my time playing RO2
Can attest to this. If you ever play with normalfags, know that you'll keep winning without even trying.

Nonsense, what you describe in the first paragraph has been present since pacman and space invaders.
Try to analyze for real any game from the 90's and tell me the hard mode was not just either locked content to that difficulty or a combination of the factors you describe

Hotline 2

Feels good man.

Nah hardcore is just insane damage sponges unless you rely on the instant kill spike racks. I've been through it at least twice, it still sucks.

Nope, git gud, you don't need spike racks to kill enemies quickly.

Doesn't change the fact that the difficulties only change the health of enemies.
The game isn't hard at all

I never understood this. Ranger mode is supposed to be more immersive and realistic, but in real life you'll probably keep track of your ammo.

Why can't YOU keep track of your ammo? Does the game not tell you how much you pick up?

Not that I know of. Ranger mode disables almost all UI so when you pick up shit it doesn't show you how much of what you've picked up.

I haven't played in a long time, but if I remember, Ranger doesn't tell you. You'll see clips and mags full of ammo, get a single bullet and the only way of counting is guessing how little the game decided to give, shooting it all, or waiting till one of the four shops in the game and checking how much ammo you have to trade.

See also: Bethesda games

I'm guessing if you die in that mode there are checkpoints.
Sending you to the title screen would be DIABOLICAL.

Redux version; Hold M, bring up your.. Notebook thing, then press TAB for something, I forget, and it tell you how much ammo you have for every weapon/item. Came in use.

I love the Metro games, but had not much replayability.

Serious Sam

TitS SC tbh

It's not hard but due to the respawning enemies, it's impossible to fully complete each level unless you're some sort of god.

I will.

I never said I've never completed it on UV. Just saying in comparison to the rest of the game, it is hard. Read.

This is the most bullshit I have ever seen. When my pawn can tank hit after hit, but one nudge from a dragon and I'm dead.

I'm looking at you rune factory 4

Fire Emblem: Path of radiance
Probably

fagit

What is Dragon's Dogma?

Is this bait?

I actually can't think of any games that do this off the top of my head but I'm sure they exist…

I wish more games did difficulties like metro, the first one atleast as i havent played second yet.

Nigga let me play with 100%/100%, why even have standard values if I can't play with them.

On the highest standard difficulty, Borderlands 2 is nigh impossible without using a certain few cheese builds.

That's not even including the overpower levels, in which enemies can go up to 8 levels higher than you, and you don't level up any further.

I don't know if being forced to cheese is exactly what I was thinking of, more like an easy and reliable tactic needs to get swapped out for a harder to use tactic that was intended to exist and designed by the devs
probably was in something turn based or skills/cooldown based, in action and shooter games changing numerical values doesn't really do much. Aside from making the enemies longer lasting punching bags in games like dmc

Your pretentiousness bullshit can easily be proven wrong by anyone by simply playing older games. In fact a lot of those things you list are put there specifically to pad the game out because before the internet made serious headway there was rentals and arcades. For rentals locked content through difficulty was part of padding to squeeze out as much playtime out of you as possible or even better get you to buy it so you'd have to finish the game while arcade games had the all the shit you listed to the tune of "bullshit" to bleed every shekel you were worth out of you for the 1 in a carefully calculated chance you'd succeed (before you'd need the next heap of quarters for the next deliberately near-virtually impossible challenge of course).

The "change damage and health only" difficulty staples goes back to Doom and beyond because that is a simple enough change to greatly affect how the game is played if you do it right and don't just make everything walking sponges (to soak up your time and money of course).

Nope. Resident Evil Remake.

Seriously, fuck some of those new modules.

I finished the game on the highest difficulty, but those ghouls weren't just bullet sponges, they also killed in you in 2 or 3 hits. In some parts I had to exploit the AI in order to beat them and that was no fun. If were to play the game again, I would definitely play it on normal just to have fun with spells, like in those videos.

I finished the game on the highest difficulty, I don't see why I would have to do that again.

Those ghouls will rape you even on normal if your not good enough, you won't be having fun with those spells any time soon without cheating or undoing the nerf to the infinite kicks.

I never understand why devs do this, why give me the best ultimate weapons in the game AFTER I kill the strongest boss, I clearly don't need it by that point.

i always felt bad making others trip on ice

Secret challanges

This. Secret bosses are usually stupid hard.

Tales of Symphonia has a secret challenge that gave you the best weapons in the game. IIRC That was the hardest dungeon in the game.

Sheena is premium waifu.

Yeah but why reward me with the most powerful weapons after I kill the most powerful boss, it seems redundant, even more so if the game lakes a new game plus option.

Guess the series.

Hard is supposed to be too hard. Otherwise it would soon be too easy.

This. Fuck this.

To be honest, the no killing clause in thief never made the game harder for me at all. My default playstyle is to blackjack every single enemy I come across regardless so I can move about without sneaking and unconscious might as well be dead, not to mention blackjack is a one hit KO.

It's so you can beat a strongester boss after you beat the strongest boss

Oh, my sweet summer child

It prompts you to either load the previous save, or take yourself to the title screen

Is there a cheaper way of trying to force replayablity?

Anybody else feeling hot?

Dark Souls?

In which case the accurate complaint is

has there been a game since like Dark Messiah at all?

This.
This honestly pisses me off.
I understand that its the easiest solution to the problem of creating difficulty but its such bullshit.
I really don't know what to blame. My theory is the zombie craze mixed in with the third person cover shooter + regen health.

Think about it. Zombie AI can be very fucking basic. You just toss your enemies at the player. They don't need to take cover, they don't need patterns, they just need to touch your player to hurt them. Increase the difficulty by making the zombies harder to kill.
Cover shooters are sort of the same. The enemy AI in a cover shooter MIGHT find different cover angles but from what I've experienced, its mostly a timed sort of script and not really having to do with any sort of decision making on the AI's part. To make things harder, just make the enemies harder to kill & make you easier to kill. Increase the whack-a-mole nature of the game.
Of course, regenerating health means that difficulty doesn't require balancing on its own.

But fuck, I would have thought we would be dealing with difficulty increasing the I in AI by now. But nope.
We apply the same difficulty increasing measures to modern tactical shooters now as we did to 90's platformers.

Matador

Getto guddo, Samurai-san.
just break their swords
unless you're playing WotS4, then you're fucked

Here's mien bullshit.
Goddamnit.

Seven Samurai was a pretty good movie.

Kingdom Hearts 2 Critical mode

Kingdom hearts 2 is piss easy though, use reflect nerd, get it early game and it fucks up everything in the game, no weaknesses.

If you wanted to be bullied just ask.

So I should remove the limits on my autism?

Fighting game AI is the fucking worse.
But shit, I can't tell you how many fucking shooters I've played where the AI somehow knows you're trying to snipe them.
Their back is turned to me and they MOVE OUT OF THE WAY of the scope.

Or you scope-in from half a mile away and they turn around and look straight at you, and then begin firing

>Not spoilers
Are you retarded as well?

>And you better not even think about jumping if you don't want to get an uppercut into the deepest parts of you rectum

Because it's a reward user, stop caring about necessity so much.

Try Doom, or older. It's a simple change so it's a no brainer to devs most of the time but since devs don't play their own games at some point in development anymore the changes are not particularly good or well thought out.

I see many Anons masturbate over this idea, but this just shows a lack of understanding of AIs in a game with multiple things to contribute to a game's gameplay. At some point it doesn't matter how smart or dumb an AI is unless you change the variables nothing the AI can (or will for that matter) do will change the outcome or even be noticeable.

That's how I play Monster Girl Quest.

It's still a little harder to blackjack enemies than to just sword fight them when you're caught. The blackjack requires you to actually sneak up behind them, and if you've been seen once already their hearing is heightened and it's harder to sneak up behind them.
Unless you abuse this glitch where you lure them into the darkness then run around them and black jack them

>Am a shit casual and have to summon a NPC phantom to get through after dying countless times
I keep telling myself i'll get back into it but I just can't be bothered to throw myself into the grinder again.

That reminds me of my early days playing the first Playstation, with no memory card.

Lisa the painful?

What a gay.

Fucking Arma…

Don't worry user
Most of Holla Forums is horrible at video games anyway.
it dawn on me that when they were telling me to "git gud" at Dark Souls it didn't really mean to actually increase my skill. It meant to just up my health bar until the few mistakes I made didn't matter anymore.

This is demonstrably bullshit.

Demonstrate.

>>The highest difficulty uses a stupid gimmick, like invisible enemies markers.
Nah, I'm kidding. This mode was fun.

gee this looks kinda_fun_

Is it worth the dowload?

I'm one person, and you're asking about a group, so demonstrating my own abilities doesn't do much. Play a game with Holla Forums some time. We're on average pretty decent. There are some not great players, but to say that we're mostly shit is obviously false. Ace Combat Infinity is probably the best example. We had a large group that would fly together, and we invariably destroyed competition, even with our worst players. I miss you, buddies. The Shazbowl happened. As for myself, I don't have much to show on this computer, but you can have these.

Well I wasn't in any rush to post this, but might as well post this while we're talking difficulty.

Warbros before it died and became a zombie

>mfw the game is actually fun

Yes, easily

It'll happen to you guys. getting older sucks.

get fucked old man, I get better all the time :^)

Christ, I thought you posted an old pic of chris. Had to do a double take
Fuck that loser

yes, go all out

Only thing thi4f did right

yes

Do you go until you finish or just dick around for a few minutes?

I usually just go until I finish, which to be honest isn't long (at least by my standards) because I put it right up to my frenulum, which is the most sensitive part of the penis.

Christ. This. It's like niggers don't know about stat buff/nerf spells.

You can still get RNG'd hard tho

That's just annoying.

Fuck Dragon's Dogma.

HOWEVER

Nothing beats getting gif related on Very Hard, though…

You motherfuckers need some Mikekob in your life.

fuck oblivion

Bingo.

Metal gear rising

THIS
There is no sense of progression thanks to Beth's retarded "you can do anything" philosophy.

Fucking MK2

this shit pisses me off so much god fuck whoever thought this shit up