What are some things that just make your blood boil in video games...

What are some things that just make your blood boil in video games? I'll start with one of my absolute biggest pet peeves.
Is there anything worse then this?

Fake freedom. Having a lot of features/ways of playing/weapons/RPG classes, where most of them are pointless space-fillers.

Example: any non-melee skill in RPGs, when you still have to melee fight through the whole game anyway. Or a money system where you always have more money than you need, etc.

Bullshit rng

That's what you get for grinding, scrub.

are you shit at borderlands?
topkek

WHY

This shit right here is the lazy devs crutch for uninteresting gameplay. It's inexcusable

"IT'S ALWAYS DIFFERENT EVERY TIME YOU PLAY LMAO XDDD"

also this

You shouldn't be punished for grinding

The worst is when they try to pass it off as risk management. Don't get me wrong, risk management can be a part of a game, but what risk is there to manage for 99% accuracy? There IS no noticeable risk, the one percent miss chance is just there to randomly fuck you over.

Sounds like fun. What's the game?

Rise of Nations, on the harder difficulties

Multiplayer FPS where every little fucking thing is covered by stat tracking and there are little rewards for doing anything at increasingly higher numbers.

Thanks for reminding me of this bullshit.

I've always thought this was a dumb complaint. The alternative is for huge portions of the game to be obsolete by the time you read the endgame giving you absolutely no reason to spend any time in those early game areas. Enemies there pose no challenge and drop no desirable loot.

Lying devs

But isnt that kind of the point? To actually feel like youve gotten stronger? I dont want to go back to the sewer i started in and get killed by a rat 30 or 40 levels higher than it aught to be.

if the game was actually designed well then a good player could kill things over their level or bypass them entirely and get some nice goodies. you know, actually taking player choice into consideration instead of making everything the same.

The challenge should definitely stay.
But to introduce a levelling system that does nothing or even grinds the combat to a halt at higher levels is just stupid.
Introduce more enemies or something, don't up the HP of mudcrabs.

What said, plus it has the consequence of scaling some enemies in really dumb ways. Like normal bandits wearing Daedric armor.

If the point is for me to have no motivation or desire to revisit huge swathes of the game, then non-scaling enemies accomplish that.
For a recent example, look at Fallout 4. Enemies don't properly scale to you, once you visit a cell its always going to be appropriate for the level you were when you first beat it. This makes going back there for some radiant quest you're given a complete bore because you know you wont get good loot or have any fun fighting the enemies.

I don't see how what you're saying relates to my view on non-level scaling enemies.

then you're retarded.

Then the problem with that is the radiant quests.

This reminds me of the other problem with level scaling: scaled special equipment.
Oh, you found the legendary smack-hammer of void slayer Khrushchev? Too bad, you're only level 12. In a couple quests, it'll be weaker than the double ended dildo of Jim Sterling.

Try to make your replies more relevant in the future retard.

Because they're making you go back and explore those obsolete areas? No m8, the problem is with non-scaling enemies.

Why are you playing those shit game anyway if you know the game is shit? You are exactly whats wrong with modern gaming. Play somthing good like gothic or shin megami tensei strange journey. Atleast in SJ they give you good rewards for exploring older areas.

The thing that pisses me off the most is by far POINTLESS INTERRUPTIONS.

Typically when you're playing and without warning the game takes control away from you to pan the camera and show you a door or a key or some shit.

I fucking hate that shit more than anything.

That reminds me
At least, I could see how the combat mechanics in this game sucked ass.

That addresses maybe one of these posts.

Why not remove the levelling system entirely then? Wouldn't it make more sense for the player to just gain different skills by completing tasks in the game? Or even raise stats to a certain degree by training them Dwarf Fortress-like? That way the enemies do not suddenly become useless, but we do not fall into the problem of a rat being able to kill a hero in highest level armour.

I just want a game where the mobs actually act like animals and real people, instead of just obstacles for the player to kill. Bandits actually taking down caravans, animals actually living in an ecosystem having to appease thirst and hunger, zombies actually hunting for brains, necromancer actually conducting experiments, making new undead and making raids of villages etc. The only game that does that at least partially is Dwarf Fortress, do you know anything else?

Fuck, I would be pleased if just monsters and animals could be observed in an ecosystem

Reel it in there sperg, I was just using FO4 as a modern day example. There's a slew of other games where enemies that don't scale with you create the exact same problem.

Speed/parkout challenges for games that were clear not meant for that.

If they are not necessary for completion of the game, I see no problem if they still are fun enough.

No such thing.

fuck this game was hard as nails but I fucking loved it

Hardest boss seemed TOO easy

are you fucking retarded? it's an RPG that's to show how much you've progressed.
The whole point is to bash them goblins that fucked you over early game with your holy weapons later and feel like a fucking man

and what's the point of a leveling system with no progression.
GW2 downscales you to the mobs level but at least your gear stays strong and have your new abilities unlike in OP

meant last boss was too easy.
he certainly wasn't hardest

I guess so.

I just hate jumping on lamps in Dead Rising Off the Record.

every mmorpg ever
NOPELOL TRY AGAIN NEXT WEEK