Comic ideas

Do you have an idea for a comic? Maybe a webcomic or newspaper toon?
Post your ideas in this thread and see if people like them!

Yeah no.

Don't be a faggot.

I'm too lazy to do anything with my ideas anyway, so feel free to steal my OPM ripoff.
A guy has superpowers but he's not a superhero or any kind of vigilante. He's part of the police force and doesn't consider him above the law. The comedy comes from how much of a wet blanket he is when the police chief and others expect him to be bombastic - for instance, a big mano a mano fight with the villain could start and end immediately after because the protagonist goes for the cuffs right away. What exactly the protagonist's powers are are intentionally left vague and change to serve the plot as needed, but a common theme is that his powers are always better at causing random property damage than actually serving his needs.

Isn't it what this thread's about?

>>>/oven/

No.
Yes…

Nigger

A superhero comic where a guy in a colourful costume takes on flamboyant villains of the week, who have ridiculous plans like dissolving the earth with a huge load of acid. Other than the hero occasionally getting phone calls from world leaders, anything relating to politics would be completely absent (or, if a villain absolutely has to be motivated by political extremism, it will be a completely ridiculous issue like the colour of garden gnomes' hats).
make that, you fuckers

A comic focusing on a mercenary company called W.A.S.P (Weaponized Assualt amd Stealth personnel)
Moslty follows mooks doing missions and their personal lives.

A gigantic strange asteroid that has a mountain-sized cannon on it. Every time ships fly close, the cannon fires and damages the ship just enough to down it. Downed ships cannot broadcast out for help due to some sort of jamming signal. They have to create a society of junk from the ships. There is a meager amount of crops that can be harvested, keeping the population low. When a ship crashes, Stalker groups go out and kill the survivors and take their supplies to live.
Inside where the cannon is, there is a gigantic base/fortress that is extremely old. The canon is kept cool by a seemingly bottomless pool of water that it cycles through every time it fires.The fortress holds the secret to their escape.

Those are shitty superhero ideas and you should kill yourselves.

I'd love to see a comic book about professional villains that work under contract with cities and states to test their official response times.

While capes might be effective at stopping these fiends in the spur of the moment, nobody with any shred of responsibility can make policy relying on an unregulated third party. As part of training cops or even employees what to do in a villain attack, people who have unique and usually 'villainous' powers can try to stay legit by banding together and basically running 'super-villain' drills like places currently do Fire or Earthquake drills.

You could do issues just exploring the different characters, with the free excuse for action that they have to go out and stage a bank robbery as part of their jobs. You could do arcs over new regulations being put in place, 'live fire' runs, or when you want to get really heavy you can do stories where a ambitious cop or hero tries to do something stupid and the change in plan gets people killed.

I think the ultimate hurdle for this kind of book would be getting characters that are sympathetic enough that readers like them, but at the same time you see exactly why they have to be in such an extreme job. Maybe even have some that are legitimate monsters. Like a succubus that has to feed on lives, and by doing this job she's allowed to serve as the states executioner (much to the inmates delight), or a deformed brute type who could only conceivably be robbing banks with super strength of a carnival side show.

No one cares OP, plus we already have an OC thread.

I am stealing this for a /tg/ game soon

fuck it, why not. I'm bored anyway.

had an idea where for a comic where aliens invade earth and enslave humanity after humans go to war with the invaders and get completely steamrolled due to aliens having tech so advanced that we just can't deal with it. We're just one of many worlds they have conquered before. the invaders see potential in us and start experimenting on humans to possibly make super soldiers for invasions of worlds that have a similar tech level to these invaders. the invaders make a breakthrough on one human who gains cosmic level super powers (space-time manipulation, quantum mechanics manipulation, plasma and/or photon energy beams, etc,) from whatever fucked up experiment they did to him. this backfires horribly for our alien overlords who are absolutely decimated by this lowly human turned living god. the invaders are pissing themselves at their own creation and their inability to control it. they fuck off back to wherever they came from to try and regroup and come up with a way to stop this super-human they created. this guy becomes Earth's savior and vows to track down the alien menace and destroy their empire completely.
future stories would involve this guy traveling from world to world liberating them from the invaders while trying to find the invader home world and fighting/befriending other super soldier experiments that hadn't immediately turned on the invaders. it would eventually culminate in him and his allies fighting off against the invader leader who has all the super powers the heroes do and then some for an epic final showdown with the fate of the universe hanging in the balance.

adam sandler stars a tea salesman who aquires a special herb tea from a mystical chinese man. The tea causes people to break into song and dance and its a huge hit until he realizes people can't communicate with each other unless they're singing and dancing,

adam sandler stars as a police officer with a huge ego, and is incredibly jealous of his coworkers. Until one day he seeks out a retired veteren who teaches him a special interrogation technique that causes anyone to tell the truth- called, "the stare". Everything is going well until he decides to use it against his other officers and coworkers, and even his own family!

A comic about a supervillian support group, to talk their problems out and reform to work for society.

Another idea I have is making a story about a group of fun supervillains getting tired of edgy faggots ruinning their fun with their mass murdering shit and decide to get rid of them. A The Boys but with fun supervillians killing superpowered psychopaths.

It's the future, Earth has exploded or something so now people live in giant robots that float through space and when the robot nations go to war they have awesome space robot fights that end up with the winners boarding the losers and taking all their cool robot parts. The bad guys are part of a robot nation that beats up other robots and adds the whole robot to theirs, making a bigger super robot. They want to conquer all the robots so they can sail the galaxy in one big ultra giga robot and it's up to the hero's robot to stop them.

faggot.
And don't think I'm pressing you for your shitty ideas either, keep them to yourself, just keep your shitty wet blanket opinions to yourself also while you're at it.

As for my shitty ideas.

One I'm still working on as I'm teaching myself to draw to at least a reasonable standard:

Ship full of cyborg mercenaries, trying to flee a battle, folds space crashes down into a city on a distant world. Of course, initially there is a lot of tension as the city thinks its under attack.
The story takes place decades later with the city broken into fiefdoms and the mercenaries still trying to fit in as best they can and find new lives - some have had great success, others know nothing but failure.
There are strict rules limiting their employment and they are all forbidden from leaving the city, with their individual power cores as highly sought items should any die.
The story would follow one of the cyborgs who has known both success and failure, and his relationships in the city now that everyone who witnessed the crash has since died of old age, but tensions remain as the populace still has to deal with birth defects and infrastructure damage.
Some of the mercenaries and those few surviving crew have also begun to think that since they'll be hated and given the blame for any problems regardless, that perhaps they should be the ones to impose some societal changes. Not all the mercenaries agree with them, however.
I like the idea of the MC being a b-boy, because why not? It's a hobby…
Bit of drama and lots of violence abound.

Big stumbling block is the drawing, but it's a gradual process. I suppose I could try paying someone but I'm not sure if I can afford that shit.

What I would love to see is a pulp sci fi style space opera.

To me the way it would have to be done is with a major focus on hard sci fi/ realism. (Think of Rocketpunk)
Less of space cowboys and more space detectives.
Each issue the characters are planet hopping solving the problems on each planet to further reach there their main overarching goal.

My story would go as such:
In this galaxy there are no more starfighter pilots, there is no need for them since the proliferation of automated fighter drones.
Our main character is one of the last fighter pilots. He drifts from job to job, realizing his waning utility.
The Coalition that abandoned him now comes with an enticing deal. Hunt down the last of the unit he served with,
and he will be paid enough to be set for the rest of his life. (Adventure and heart break ensues)