#Movetheneedle

Buying comics not written, edited, or drawn by people who think the long time fans are sexist, racist, alt-right, etc etc…

how do you feel about that Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/hhwOx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not supporting people who hate you and actively cheer for your suffering and death is pretty basic stuff.

That's exactly what I try to do now. It's pretty much how I've cut DC and Marvel out of my life. I even have a little mental black list to keep myself safe from making a purchase from a writer I know is like this.

wew, lad

I can understand not buying Big Two, but there are more in the industry than just DC and Marvel

It's what you do if you're not a brandead moron, it's not like those people can write, edit or draw good comics anyway

Here's someone to put on that blacklist

You can't feign logic and reason. That's why so many SocJus courses and the distinctly marxist branch of academia has to rely on boogeyman theories and pseudo-intellectual word salad bullshit to try and push their agenda. Just look at these tweets and count the buzzwords
If they ultimate bad outcome you can pitch at people is "RACISM BAD" after years and years of devaluing the term to the point of it being fucking comical that anyone thinks it carries any weight these days. So, as a counterpoint to her pile of shit: You don't have to be a neo-nazi to see that the left is full of self-righteous jackasses who are more hateful and repulsive than their worst appraisal of their perceived enemies.

That's the crazy bitch behind Rat Queens. Already on the list.

…do I want to know? Tell me anyway, from my research it SEEMS like a fantasy adventure comic

Okay imagine a group of nothing but female adventurers that all have some degenerate or cunty behavior to them, sound oh so quirky, and have a cast of side characters like a transgender gay orc. That's Rat Queens.

And she's the reason why squirrel-girl and Jughead are now better known for derp faces.

You're thinking of Erica Henderson.

there it is again

Surprised we haven't had a "sage for eceleb bullshit" yet. This is mainly being pushed by a bunch of Youtubers. I don't mind it, but you know how Holla Forums can get about anybody on Youtube with 1000+ subs (anybody under that being given a "sage for literally who?" instead)

There was a story time some time ago
It sucks

No one in specific has been really stated (Besides random twitter screen caps) nor has links or videos been posted, so far the thread seems organic.

Is that the Eraserhead baby?

Was anyone buying from them anyway?

I don't understand how "#movetheneedle" relates to comics or why anyone cares about it. Comics are a dying industry with very little cultural relevance outside of movies. The only people who would benefit from our reactions to it would be comics journalists desperately trying to get attention via their own gamergate.

Going to all the effort to "black-list" people is stupid. You'd just giving them publicity. It's better to ignore them and let them languish in the dark.

Here's my do not buy list:

Heather Antos,Tom Brevoort,Dan Slott,Gabby Rivera, Gail Simone,Max Bemis,Nick Spencer,
Mark Waid, Michael Bendis, and Magdalene Vissagio

It's a shitty cuckchan meme. He even forgot to change the filename.

I'd add Frank Miller, Mark Millar, Jon Hickman, Noelle Stevenson, Grant Morrison, and maybe Greg Rucka to that list. Max Landis too but he doesn't seem to do comics that much in the first place.

I thought he was a right ringer.

the point of the hashtag is whitelisting, not blacklisting. it's showing the comics that are acceptable and have a potential audience as opposed to those that exist only to virtue signal that nobody ever buys, including the people who politically agree with them.

He's also an extremely old out of touch man that can't write good stories anymore. Only one hit wonders of the past.

An adventure comic with LGBTGRILLEDBBQ women who subvert western traditionalism and beauty standards.

yaaaaassss kweeeen slaaaaaaay

Except she wasn't. Fowler was just a hired pen. Weibe and Upchurch were the ones who created the comic. Fowler was brought in only after Upchurch was arrested for beating his wife, and Sejic ditched the comic.

There are still good, non-big two comics out there. Especially now that more and more European books gets translated. Too bad that so many of them are only digital.

It's a DnD inspired comic about all female adventurer's party calling themselves Rat Queens. Group consists of: a cunty human atheist cleric, a cunty emo/rockabilly/hipster elf wizard, a cunty defiant hipster dwarf warrior with 'muh tradition' angst, and a randumb hipplie hafling rogue. Later on they are joined by a tranny orc. They have edgy adventures involving copious amounts of gore, lazy toilet humor, and meeting at least three gender-bent and incompetent versions of Rat Queens.

There is also a bad romance subplot between the elf wizard and city guard captain, that becomes hilarious once you realize that captain is based off of (or is a self insert of) Upchurch and Elf Wizard is based on his wife that he used to beat and who divorced him eventually. Coincidentally enough, elf wizard turns out to really be a demon who deceives not-Upchurch city guard captain character, and then ends up betraying Rat Queens. Assuming that it takes 4 to 6 months from an issue being written to ending up in print, this subplot's events clearly correspond to Upchurch getting arrested for domestic violence, social media outrage forcing him off the book, and the divorce.

There's more: Kieron Gillen, Nick Spencer, Kurtis Wiebe, Kate Leth, Henderson, Alex Alonso, Jason Aaron, Ron Marz, Warren Ellis, Gath Ennis, Mary Sue DeConnick, and Jeremy Wheatly.

You know, the japanese got inspired by DnD.

However, instead of stuff like Rat Queens, they made things like Record of Lodoss War.

He said some bad stuff about our orange poppa, so he's on the blacklist.

I have one more: the entire comic book industry

It's nothing but a hive leftist trash. Stick with manga or true books like Alt-hero.

Are you fags just hating writers because they're bad or because they're left-leaning?

Because if you're doing the latter then that's really retarded.

Isn't this the comic series by Vox Day? I'm wary of this one.

Oh yeah, it's by Vox Day.

Really though, if you're basing your reading habits on politics, you should kill yourself.

How else can you purge the SJW disease from our hobby if you don't support the vaccine?

What a fucking fag.

It's not politics for me. I just want good stories not some preachy crap.

Vox Day hastily cobbling together a comic book series to take advantage of the social media backlash to the hard left status quo is hardly a "vaccine". A real vaccine would be doing what the industry is currently failing to do and that is capturing a new audience, Injecting some legit excitement and energy into the medium.

And as usual, the Bigenders and the Littleenders are fighting over bullshit while the world burns.
Minds so mired in duality they can't even process the concept of "make better comics" as anything but "politicise comics more".
This is why Earth can't have nice things!

I can't tell if you're being ironic or not. Politics of any kind do not belong in comics anymore.

Marz didn't write anything decent in over a decade, if not two. Just like Miller. He claims to be 'so busy' but somehow manages to be almost constantly on social media, mostly sperging about Trump or sucking dicks of celebrities that agree with his political views. To his credit, he did tone it down compared to year or two ago. I had hopes for his Beasts of the Black Hand, but the more I look at it, it looks like it's going to be more like typical WWI/WWII story about Russians, Germans, and Brits written by an American who has only very a vague and simplistic understanding of history and cultures.

There are left leaning creators that I like, but all of them seem to still have a good story left in them, their existence doesn't revolve around politics, and they don't take themselves or their politics too seriously. Felippe Smith, Jason Stokke, Mignola, Adam Hughes, and Cho can produce entertaining books despite leaning left.

This almost makes me want to make a twitter account just to explain to this cunt how she has it backwards.

Marz was never good.

Hughes has two shit Archie books under his belt though. Mignola meanwhile has a problem of wearing himself/his ghost writers too thin. Hellboy in Hell never got a proper concise run because of it.

Add Jason Aaron and Marguerite Bennett

the only people that are buying that comic are SJWs that use it as ammo to say that the industry is full of Nazis, and far right morons that watch videos by red ice tv, and think that race and culture are the same thing.

Excuse me for being so slow on the uptake, but what the hell is the meaning of "move the needle"? Etymology, slang, what does it refer to?

Moderate men have fostered an understanding that no amount of compromise is going to stop these fucking freakshows from shoving their drivel down their throats. No amount of moderation is going to stop the left from gutting every piece of media and using it as a pulpit for their dumbass political opinions. The reason that these "moderates" are radicalizing is because they're seeking a legitimate antithesis to this horseshit, and the left has given them no other choice.

This shit makes me way angrier than I have any reason to be, Jesus Christ.

This is the first and final warning you'll get about making fun of my taste, pardner

Damn straight. Radical centrism is the only intelligent way to go.

I got a little scurred that that was the chick with the big titties at first. Whew.

I gave up on that pile after the first issue. I guess Peter Panzerfaust was Wiebe's one hit.

Define "centrism" and explain what makes yours "radical".

Can you still buy anything then but tumblr-shit?

If you like to look at women (drawn or otherwise) then you're a sexist pig. Although if you don't love women and hate men, you're also a sexist pig.

Don't bother to someone of her mindset anyone to the right of Marx is a Nazi.

You don't gain much from being a fence-sitting centrist. The left has been winning the culture war because they over-bargain. Their overreach is why they consider libertarians as nazis. We have to do the same so that we would make libertarians look normal.

The problem is that everything is politics now, and I mean that in the most depressing way. Fetishes are politics. Who you want to bang is politics. Who you don't want to bang is bigotry (which is now a part of politics, I guess). Anime is politics thanks to Sorosflix burning billions to make shitty faux-animu shows. Not wanting politics in your media is a political statement, too.. somehow. Shit's gotten really dumb and I hate it.

Even if you had a benign comic with seemingly nothing political in it, faggots would be demanding more LGBTQ2AAIPetc representation, and complaining about the protagonists sex or race or the fact that there was a gun in the comic, but no lecture about gun control. If they depicted Trump as the president, but didn't make him look like a cartoonish buffoon, they would complain.

The trick is to answer such noise with either complete silence on part of the author, or those three simple words: "I don't care."

I think a comic can remain true to its intended purpose so long as the author doesn't try to make themselves into some kind of celebrity or champion.

Pic related ran from 1994 to 2015, and the creator is saying he's still making more. Whatever values are put in a good light or a bad light, it's never become overly politicized. probably because it's a bunch of fluffy animals, so folks don't take it seriously, but you get my point.

I'm not a centrist. I'm heavily right wing but that doesn't mean I want political extremes in my entertainment.

That's unavoidable. No matter what you do, how you do it, or how many people praise you, there will always be people complaining about what you do. Politics or not that just won't go away.

It does not work anymore, SJW will make up context, even if what is made is completely innocence of politics, or not, they'll just say something is sexist, racist, (instert tumblr copypasta here). Even if the character or group in question is, and with reason, they will attack the very people who work on it just because, tell other until many people how have not read or heard of the book believe it, just so they may have an army of useful idiot. With that army they'll just attack the creators until they win or they become the loudest, so their truth is heard first, so the creators has to be on the defensive. What is worse is that they go so far as to attack family and friends just for associating with them to the point of doxxing and more.

You mean Tessa Fowler? Holy shit, I did too. Close call there.

What is the best Usagi Yojimbo story?

All of them.

The only people that think being a centrist is the same as being a fence sitter are extremist who see everything as black and white.

i remember getting them and Groo out from the library when i was a kid but i can barely remember the names of the stories only that the author of Yojimbo wife got really sick

Ya got a torrent link?

Looks like it.

no but i havent checked the vola

Problem is that centrists have to pander to both sides.. but still tend to lean left, while moderates are supposed to take the most rational and factual stance, regardless of which political party it's assigned to.. but that means taking "right-wing" beliefs, which lefty faggots insist are always wrong, meaning being moderate makes you a alt-right neo-nazi.

Jason who…and the sex negative feminist that made the crappy queen of HEL comic

It is really depressing how politicized everything became. It also seems like most creators completely forgot how to explore political and social concepts in their work without making it a propaganda.

It is still running.

You forgot that they will also go after your publisher, producers, sponsors, business partners, and investors if you have any. Unfortunately, most of them tend to buckle to social media pressure.

You can literally pick any volume and it will be at least good.

Record needles maybe?

it's a reference to heroin. the idea is that the needle is currently not injected into a vein so the needle has to be moved so that it is in a vein so that everything can be good again.

Like?

Kill yourself.

Ackchyually, it's a reference to Krokodil.
The injection must occur.

Capeshit has to die in order to rid the world from its soulless, derivative, disgusting corporate regurgitating of ideas.

Jason Aaaron is also responsible for Fem Thor.

It absolutely is. It's sad that the 90's did a better job of this politics and diversity stuff than modern writers are capable of.

Capeshit is inherently corrupted by its format.
Good writing is the EXCEPTION in capeshit, not the rule. The whole draw of capeshit is that its derivative and unoriginal, those are the UPSIDES of capeshit.
The world as a whole doesnt give a shit about capeshit but it would be a better place for everyone if capeshit ceased to exist.

Wait a minute, not the pizazz and cheesy fun of the capes?

Fuck's sake, you could at least use a term not favored by one of the shittier and selfhating writers in the medium.

Disgusted.

I see your point but here in pizzamandolinoland not now becasue we are under a dictator we have two center one leaning left and the other leaning right so if you want the perfect solution of equilibrium to not have tranny being hero or not-similar people being killed but still have a proper movement to do stuff that works perfectly using both data from left and right you have two choice for center.

What the fuck comics are you reading? Capes haven't been that for at least ten years now.

He's also responsible for butchering the Punisher's character and making him a two-dimensional edgelord. To add insult to injury, that was the canonical end to the MAX continuity.

What's Son of Superman, chopped liver? Otherwise, I don't even read comics these days.
But that is the ideal state of comicbook superheroes, not what we're saddled with these days.

Ha. I forget which one. Was it Garth Ennis, Warren Ellis, or someone else?

So the alt-right faking shit is still more convincing than the logic of the extremist left?

Better than the utterly hypocritical degenerates on the other side of the sex wars, not that that's saying much.

This essentially. Too bad we're too deep into this mess and nothing will ever be the same.

It's pathetic that the only thing you can contribute to a conversation is bitching about politics.

So I was doing some thinking about this shit and it occurred to me that this is an incredibly disingenuous way to approach the issue of Social Justice kool-aid in comics and other media. The idea is to shift focus to the good comics and reward authors and artists for not being antagonistic dickbags who whine about "WYPIPO" and turn comics into tumblr soapboxes. Right? Well, that's fucking stupid.

See, the real issue isn't that they are making bad comics. Bad comics fail because they are bad. Squirrel Girl and Hellcat were so ugly and repulsive and just downright stupid that no one liked them. The issue is that they are promoting a cancerous ideology that is a danger to society. Feminism and the SJW/Marxist/"Progressive" mindset is the Scientology of academic ideologies. It's not rooted in reality and makes people crazy by instilling an unsettling, ever-present sense of anxiety and paranoia into people because they can't reconcile the world around them with the ideas that they've allowed themselves to buy into.

Rejecting SJW comics isn't just a matter of not wanting to support something you find politically distasteful. We're not saying no to feminism because we hate women.. It's about rejecting a massive pile of pseudo-intellectual bullshit which is destroying society and harming people by turning them into lunatics.

We do that though. There's little to no way to stop it than to stop buying that kind of crap. The companies don't listen when we tell them so all we can do is hurt them in the wallets.

These #MoveTheNeedle faggots want to have the wrong conversation and get into the wrong arguments. Because they don't want to be mean shitlords who disagree with people and tell them that they're a bunch of retarded asshats, they instead want people to just not buy bad comics. Buying bad comics isn't the real problem. The real problem is that there is no strong effort to correctly and openly identify the ideology behind these bad comics as the cult-like cancer that it is.

Recently, some cartoon review youtube channel released a video in defense of Steven Universe as an SJW show, but in his infinite ignorance, his argument was "there's lots of other shows! Why can't you be okay with this show and it's creator having their own perspective? It's not pushing anything destructive!" – That's the same argument we're seeing here. There are other comics, watch things you like, it's not hurting anyone, muh representation, etc etc.. But that's not the fucking point. It's the discussion weak-willed fence sitting faggots would like to have, but it's not getting to the heart of the issue. Degenerate, mentally unstable lunatics should not be making cartoons or using their relative fame to bolster a dangerous and destructive ideology. It's not just that we should watch something else, it's that we shouldn't be allowing this shit to just go unchecked when it's verifiably, demonstrably, factually a bad thing to allow this ideology to flourish.

How do you feign logic? I've never even heard of the concept before. Could someone give me an example?

Damn right, my fellow Kekistani! How dare those dang, dirty nazis bring up politics in a discussion about politics!

This.

You can be neutral if you want, just don't expect anyone to respect you.

I don't why so many people are taking Marxists at face value. You know they redefine words to suit their agenda. Words never mean to them what they mean to normal people.

It's not a anecdotal evidence it's a "lived experience" and you can't dismiss it. It's not an opinion, it's "speaking your truth" and it's powerful! When you replace facts with feelings and convince yourself all feelings are logical (but some are more logical than others, of course), then someone with actual, verifiable statistics that fly in the face of those feelings are fake. "Feign logic" in the this case probably means opinions that don't agree with mine, but have some sort of statistical base.

I thought it was discussion about comics.

But apparently that was an excuse so fags could bitch about politics because the political boards are shit-holes.

So this thread isn't Holla Forums related now, is it?

Just because I don't want any kind of irl politics in media concerning a setting different from our reality doesn't mean I'm a frog-pagan-loving reddit fag who subscribes to Sargon of Assad. Get your head out of your ass m8. And before you say I'm a centrist or a lib, I ain't, Liberalists, Classical Liberals, Kekistanis, Marxists, whatever, are all shitstains ruining things, but media like comics and vidya should be about entertainment or escapism and shouldn't be used as a soapbox for politics or an indoctrination tool by anyone.

That's because thanks to the extremists pushing the false dichotomy fallacy and misusing the moderation fallacy people think that not choosing to be a far left progressive or a far right fascist means you're a spineless fence sitter.

I'm of the opposite opinion, be as political as you want, just STOP MAKING BAD COMICS.
The real rot comes from the head of the fish, editors have to stop employing writers and artists based on their politics or their race, religion, gender or sexuality. We have to go back to employment based on talent or we're looking at another ten years of noodle arms and shilling.

90% of funnybook makers sided with terrorists when Charlie Hebdo happened.

Expecially the creatives employed by the big two. D & C is a turbo-cuck for defending muslims because of his wife and for not reading Pigman a comic bashing muslims who are one of the biggest threats to the free world right now besides the left

Why are you like this Holla Forumscksuckers? Why are you just the biggest faggots alive?

This is a good example of reddit spacing.

Comics have always been used as political propaganda.

I hope vox is at least paying you for this, otherwise you're doing this for free.

I don't get what point of view this comic is supposed to be arguing.

I wouldn't give a shit about politics in comics (or any other medium) if they all weren't so fucking smug, condescending, and one sided. Every character that speaks the author's point of view are perfect and the clear heroes of the story. Anyone who disagrees are vile monsters of cartoonish levels. That's the tiresome aspect to me. It's like everything became Atlas Shrugged.

Maybe it's not trying to argue any point, just stirring up shit.

Made me chuckle

I know. I just found her phrasing funny.

Politics entered the thread with this post:

Didn't you post this on /liberty/ too?

Fair point.

Anime titty comics.

Just report and ignore for shitposting.

This ain't doing Marvel any favors.

archive.fo/hhwOx

that looks fucking terrible too. what happened to allegory and subtlety?

Not that fag, but challenge accepted. Also, checking those sick dubs there.