Border Patrol struggles to recruit agents amid immigration crackdown

Donald Trump’s immigration crackdown has a problem: not enough Americans are willing to carry it out.

The Border Patrol is losing agents faster than it can replace them, putting a question mark over the president’s plan to ramp up the force.

Air and Marine Operations, a separate agency, is also struggling to find pilots and other employees.

“If you know people who are enthusiastic about border security please send them to Customs and Border Protection (CBP),” Ronald Vitiello, the Border Patrol chief, said in an appeal this week. “We’re already behind. We’re not hiring fast enough to keep up with the attrition.”

He spoke at a border security expo in San Antonio, Texas, where other senior officials spoke out about recruitment woes.

Benjamin Huffman, head of the Border Patrol’s strategic planning and analysis, half-joked to an audience that everyone would have to submit five names of potential recruits before leaving.

Trump has ordered the agency to add 5,000 agents to beef up patrols and surveillance in advance of his proposed border wall. But its current 19,000-strong force is already 2,000 shy of a target set during the Obama administration.

Officials said tough screening, especially a lie-detector test, rejected many qualified candidates, and that tough conditions such as living in remote, rugged areas prompted more than 1,000 agents to quit every year.

“Some people just don’t want to live there,” said Randolph “Tex” Alles, acting deputy commissioner of CBP, a 60,000-strong agency that includes Border Patrol. “Hiring challenges are not new. Attracting and recruiting high quality individuals is a challenge for us.”

theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/14/trump-immigration-border-patrol-agents-low-recruitment

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SenKamalaHarris/status/852905876088393728
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

Should just make an official RWDS and see how quick that fills up

dammit, just hold on one more year and I'll join up

is juvenile delinquency a disqualifier? If not I'll join in a heartbeat

That's the biggest hurdle to recruiting. If you want to deport spics, you have to live among them. They'll need to lower the requirements (a fucking lie detector test is ridiculous) to get enough people.

Start waiving some of the reqs (oh like anything that the Lauterberg kike set his hooks into) and set up resources so NEETs can help and there will be no shortage.

Unkike the laws and rules and a lot more people will be qualified.

Depends on if you got a charge and the type.

You're going back Paco.

Clearly they need to bring in foreign workers to do it.

I'm a Welshman and I'd happily show you yanks how to police a border.
All I need is some skinning knives, some rope and a couple of stout poles.

Couldn't we use this to flood the border patrol with Holla Forumsacks?

their recruiting standards are too high and they basically demand you know spanish

the requirements to be a border patrol agent are insanely high

This is America. You'll have to make do with a tactical knife, some paracord, and a telescoping baton. and a gun.

probably their standards are fucking high. Youd think they were the fucking waffen-SS and not a garrison guard unit.

vamos a la truck and get the fuck out

wigger
jk, I know some good eggs end up that way due to pussified culture thinking that fighting your enemies means they win

Not with the current requirements. If you can't speak Spanish, they'll test your ability to learn a new language and then teach you Spanish.
Unless you have experience, you also need a bachelor's degree. There's also a written exam and a polygraph test. Simply, the requirements are way too fucking high for someone that just has to patrol a border and arrest people the cross it.

cbp.gov

It's easier to join the special forces than the guard. What is up with that?

If I'm good enough to be out in public, is that not enough?
the whole judicial system is bullshit. Once you pay your dues that should be it, if something is heinous enough to cause you to lose your rights permanently you should just be shot tbh

was it always like that or onigger made it like that so the force would be understaffed?

libcucks.
Just like Obongo trying to ban the manufacture and sale of ammo

You know what to do, niggers!

Onigger passed the Anti-Border Corruption Act of 2010 that raised the requirements and added the polygraph test.

Are you able to own a gun? If yes, they might waive a juvenile record.

when will Trump remove it?

Yes, I'd have left this country and resigned my citizenship if I didn't get full rights restored

A telescoping baton won't do.
My people used to skin outsiders alive then tie them to poles left on the beaches.
So that any further invaders would see them before they landed. Hopefully while the previous outsiders were still alive.

That's up to congress to repeal it. Call your representatives.

My bad, I thought you meant pole as beating stick. We've got plenty of lumber for that.

Attrition rates fluctuate historically. Fake news.

Sadly the jews ruined the judicial and legislative system. They created kike laws to consolidate power and keep the system running in a way that compliments their natures. The laws are designed to ruin the lives of non-jews and strip power from anyone they cannot control through trickery.

Also, legislature that strip you of your rights are unconstitutional and shouldn't be on the table. The kikes proposing and passing these laws are the ones that should be shot.

Lol if you had a bachelor's degree being what amounts to a specialized SWAT force won't be very high on your career list.

Drop the education and bilingual requirements and they would have tons of new applications. Have a fitness threshold on par with local police and they should be good to go.

If you go to the ICE careers page, they require a bachelor's degree and law enforcement experience, or military service. It takes more requirements than most people have, and most people with a bachelor's degree aren't rushing to the border, they are happily in an air conditioned office.

Sounds like bullshit to me.

IOW: It has absolutely nothing to do with people 'not wanting to do the job because muh immigrants', as the article implies.

Well the boarder patrol is pozzed with an obama holder over leader, so I wouldn't join. Looking at ICE when I graduate, Need to see there pay scale though.

Border patrol under Trump? Sign me the fuck up.

That's the problem man, your sentiment is no-doubt widespread, but you don't qualify in all likelihood.

Do you have a bachelors in law enforcement or the like? Do you have military or law enforcement experience? Do you express nationalistic views?
Then you're not viable. Basically nobody who frequents Holla Forums is liable to be viewed as viable by the sort of people in charge of the organization/that determine the requisites to serve.

Its the like military - there are plenty of people who say they'd like to fight, but the majority are dogshit and would make horrible soldiers.

ICE? Nope. Border Patrol? Maybe. I'm still going to put in an application.

Feel free lad. Just don't expect much out of it.

The bachelor degree req is the root of the whole issue, remove that and the number of applicants will grow tenfold within days.
Guaranteed a kike (((lobbied))) to place such requirement in the first place

Easy solution:

Send in the national guard.

Degree requirements in many places are a lazy filter anymore. Some places actually do need someone with that, but about 90% of it is just there to try to "get better people".

Qualifications

The qualification requirements listed below must be met by the closing date of this announcement.

You qualify for the GL-5 grade level (starting salary $40,511 up to $50,639 with potential overtime) if you possess one of the following:

a. One year of general work experience that demonstrates the ability to take charge, make sound decisions, and maintain composure in stressful situations; learn law enforcement regulations, methods and techniques through classroom training and/or on-the-job instruction; and gather factual information through questioning, observation, and examination of documents and records; OR

b. A bachelor's degree from an accredited or pre-accredited college or university; OR

c. A combination of successfully completed post-high school education and general work experience. This will be calculated using your resume and official or unofficial transcripts submitted with your application.

This is for entry level CBP.

This. I haven't see any justification for border patrol to have requirements that high, ICE yes. As long as you have a high school diploma, can shoot well and have good situational awareness,willing to go through training, you can become boarder patrol.

What did you do, user?

Sounds like they are trying to put up road blocks for having an increase on border security.

That's an Italian name, and if I'm not mistaken last time during the era of the Mexican War, it was Anglo-Christians doing the removal not Italo-papists trying to remove the Mexi-papists…

Come on President Trump, show your pedigree, or like you said on the campaign trail, your "good genetics" and get a brother into that leadership spot–you'll have smooth sailing!

what did she mean by this

twitter.com/SenKamalaHarris/status/852905876088393728

Well, we could just deploy the military at the border, like most countries do. That would really make her screech.

How the fuck are people failing lie detector tests? They literally can't detect lies.

With these tests, its all about the subject believing the machine actually works and usually buckles under a few tough questions and admits stupid shit.
Fuck there was a few studies years ago that found random people would actually admit to things they didn't do while being questioned with a polygraph.

Hire Mexicans legally ;)

Didn't it used to be a masters? Or was that something else?

You explained how over 90% of these people fail in your post.

Well they are fucking gullible retards.

Don't think so, GL5 is entry level most you'd need is some work experience by the look of it.

What can you do? Having the polygraph hooked up to them makes most people nervous, and then they ask you questions like "Are you prejudiced toward Mexicans?" and "Your uncle needs money and someone offers to pay you for your unit's work schedule, what do you do?" The questions are designed to elicit an emotional response and the response often shows up as a lie.

Jesus christ

You need a Bachelor's to join any law enforcement. Border Patrol is law enforcement, not military. Also

I would apply, but don't meet the requirements and no interest in learning Spanish.

STOP CONFUSING BORDER PATROL WITH ICE =

ICE is the bureaucracy that hunts down illegals who are living in the county. These guys are the swat team members who do raids. It's obvious that in order to carry out swat raids, you need training in constitutional law, general law enforcement, and what amounts to military tactics even if described by some other name. This is also the group, who's pre-reqs were published here a few months ago that demanded a master's degree, or a bachelors with like 4 years of law enforcement experience. While those reqs are probably too high, it's understandable why such reqs exist.

Border patrol careers should not have anywhere near those levels of prereqs. They are glorified security guards who's job should entail driving along the border wall (currently no wall, so driving along the fence or invisible line or whatever), and/or watching surveillance video and detaining people who jump the border. A little bit more intensive than a security guard, especially since an occasional firefight with the cartels or something might happen. But you certainly shouldn't need a college degree. A two year technical certificate and physical fitness test would probably be about right.

Absolutely false. Many states just require a GED or high school diploma.

Some small counties/towns just give anyone they trust a gun and a badge and say "you're the sheriff". The point of the sheriff there is just to maintain presence. Anything real, they call the state cops.

Again, absolutely false. The position of Sheriff is the highest law enforcement office of a specific county, and to the best of my knowledge, is an elected position in every single county in the United States. Almost all of which have the resources to deal with just about anything reasonable. While they might default to the state police for political expediency, I believe state police are ultimately lower on the hierarchy of authority than a sheriff. They aren't elected, he is. But what sheriff really wants to go up against the governor of their state?

Now some small towns might hand out guns and badges for their local LEOs, but those guys aren't sheriffs.

I can do it, but I'm European

If towns do it but counties don't then it's not absolutely false you illiterate nigger. Other than that you're on point.

I signed up, they committed to hire, background check went out, they dropped me.
I can't get a job in modern America with a harassment charge my GF gave me in 2012. So trust me, they are getting applicants but your record has to be clean which most people don't have in uber litigious police state of the US.

Town LEOs != Sheriffs.

Of course user, just think about it - imagine if it came to light that some ICE or BC agent was shitposting on Holla Forums or had made racist faceberg comments or had an aut-right twatter: can you imagine the field day they'd have?

I mean, Christ, we laugh at Germoney trying to purge nationalists from their military, but if anyone in the US thinks their government institutions are any better - even under Trump - they're full of shit. If you've expressed nationalistic intent via a social media outlet even-vaguely associated with your actual identity (ie, you have a twatter account you access and shitpost on via the same IP you use for daily internet activities), you can basically be assured you will fail the 'background check', because you're a media-outlet's wet dream if you were to be hired. Goes for basically all martial orders in the US today - police, military, any government enforcement bureau.
If you're a shitlord, and there's a means via which to identify it, you're wasting your time even putting in an application, because those organizations don't want "racists" or the like. Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the lie detector questions they throw at you is in the vein of whether or not you've got racist or "ultra-nationalist" views.

Border patrol reject here. I passed the exam, the language test, had a bachelor's and two years of military police experience, went to Miami and passed the 3 person oral board interview, then they mailed me a voluntary questionnaire where I admitted smoking weed once in college.
They denied me a week later based on this admission. What garbage.
Looking into it further, they only polygraph 15% of applicants. So lie.

What kind of fucking questions are they asking on their polygraph? Are you a racist? Have you ever beaten the shit out of a spic?

BP doesn't require a bachelor's, ICE does.

Is this a joke?

They'd never hire me because I would shoot illegals on sight.

I kinda like stripping felons of some rights like the right to vote since it means you won't have groups that have an inordinately large number of criminals, like blacks, able to vote away all protections granted to the citizenry by police.

Just imagine how much worse our lives would be if all those felons could vote in people that wanted to remove police from the streets.

This honestly.

Too high my ass, get your associates and get your ass in shape

https:// www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/466541400

Wow, they're eliminating people who have even once used the herbal jew? I know I've never used it, but I don't know a single other person my age who never has.

Yeah, if I ever wanted to learn another language it certainly wouldn't be to speak spic. They should understand staring at the barrel of a gun plenty well enough.

What the shit is this? some Obango policy to sabotage Border Patrol or do they have higher standards than the fucking military?

Mine is clean though and I'm an illegal mexican, but I'm a nationalist (from the spanish "nati"), so I'm pretty much american.

Cool, send in your application to ICE though.

bro, I'm illegal… I don't want to get deported

FELONS SHOULD BE KILLED PERIOD.
Suddenly you'll find all kinds of "felonies" no longer considered felonies.

Also most felons CAN and DO vote because of a combination of lax voter ID laws, and restoration of rights.

Transporting certain breeds of fish across state lines is a fucking felony.
I'm of the opinion, personally, if there are no victims THERE WAS NO CRIME, PERIOD.

It makes it much easier to sort out good people from people who just got fucked over by bureaucratic bullshit.

Agreed, this is completely fucking retarded. Laws for the sake of laws, just random shit to catch people out so there's always something those in power can pin on you.
Again, agreed. Laws that exist solely for the sake of the (((legal profession))) need to go.

Felons can vote in 42 of the 50 states retard, in plenty of states they can even vote from inside jail

Have them drop the polygraph shit too. It's totally fine to be an alcoholic and drink everyday but enjoy a joint every once and a while and you're immediately disqualified.

Haven't read through the thread yet, so l don't know if this has been mentioned, but for whatever reason they require a bachealors or masters degree to be a border patrol agent. Which is fucking stupid, it is literally the same as being a cop but your prey is non-citizens. There's no reason for a college degree requirement. At the most, maybe an AA in legal studies.

I know people my age who've never tried the herbal Jew, but most have. Hell, I tried it. I hated it, and immediately regretted it, but I was stupid.

For me, it's all about not wanting to live in spicland. I'm already in Texas and I'm planning and working my ass off to get the fuck out to rural WY/MT/ID or another 90+% White area. If I wanted to throw out spics, I would put in for ICE, since I can get posted in a White place, but if you go BP, they're gonna stick you in El Paso, period, full-stop, and that is a fate worse than death.

There are no fucking jobs for anything, especially in my field, and I'm prior-military and finishing a grad degree on the GI Bill, and since ICE requires a grad degree and puts preference for military experience, I'm seriously considering it. Also, in the service, I've already held a clearance, so with them dropping the polygraph for prior-military/LE, that makes the chances even better. Although I spoke to a guy I know trying for Fed LE and he says the polygraph is a joke. It's really intended for morons who think it works, so it's kind of an informal IQ test. "OMG, I smoked pot once 15 years ago, I better be honest/not even try." Lie your ass off, be comfortable lying, be good at lying and understand I mean, in the very core of your being, KNOW that the machine is bullshit and you'll be fine. It's all a headfuck.

The physical requirements aren't even hard to meet in the first place. A 220 yard sprint in under 46 seconds? 25 sit ups in a minute? 20 push ups in a minute? A FUCKING 1.5 MILE RUN UNDER 15 MINUTES? That's a fucking joke man.

Yes, but 1/3 of Americans are classed as Obese. 1/2 are overweight.

Global report for US law violation, by the way.

If you study full-time you can get your associates in a year and you don't have to speak Spanish, just pass a test that proves you aren't retarded and can learn it (knowing the language of the enemy is important). The physical portion is easy and unless you're a 400 lb hacker on your bed you can train for it in 3 months.

Unless you're a lazy piece of shit, it's attainable in a short while.

A lot of police departments are requiring college degrees now.

My local police requires a bachelors and they still suck. The only thing that is proven to get better candidates is more pay (higher pay = more competition) but a lot of agencies are cheap, anyone willing to get shot at by youths for $40k a year is either corrupt, sadistic or have no other better career options.

He probably just didn't go to school because it was worthless

tis

They don't want detained illegals getting shot in the back of the head.